[Drama 2016/2017] Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo, 역도 요정 김복주

Maetawinz

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love to see Bok Joo and Joon Hyung. They are so sweet together. This drama is giving me Goong vibes, and I love that the ex is so beautiful and he's still drawn to her, and will slowly fall for BJ....I just hope BJ won't stay in love with the doctor for most of the drama, though,I want her to fall for Joon Hyung fast.First drama I'm watching after SH...can't get into the rest.

On 19 November 2016 at 0:06 AM, inkblotstains said:

I loved episode 2 sooooo much. <3 I might even have teared up a little at how the weightlifting team support each other. Such an endearing team and it's so fun to watch Bok Joo with her group of friends. I LOL everytime they say swag and the "what" sound that just comes unexpectedly. 

We're slowly opening into the story...We get to see Joon Hyung building a genuine care for Bok Joo. My heart did flutter at the scene where he went to Bok Joo's family chicken shop. We also got a glimpse of how bad Joon Hyung's trauma is and i'm curious as to how he got it and who will heal him from his trauma. I'm also curious as to how Joon Hyung's ex-girlfriend will shake up things that are budding between Joon Hyung and Bok Joo.

PS: Lee Jongsuk was so handsome in his cameo. What was funny is that his character's name is still Jongsuk and he played a member of the national shooting team. Bok Joo's uncle (which had a role in W as Han Hyo Joo's friend at the hospital) even said "you look like you came out from a manhwa" HAHAHA!

Sorry for quoting your post chingu

ahahah he's my favourite ajjushi too from souchef from oh my ghost to Ok Taecyeon's sunbaenim at Lets fight ghost to W two worlds ahahaha either way I'm happy his roles has change from ghost to comic now fairy's uncle :P

7 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@Yongzura Wave to you my chingu!! balloons smileyI had noticed that you were watching it and I gave it a try. red crabI've finally managed to watch the second episode today and I really like the story. crazy monkeyThanks for the indirect recommendation. panda

- His trauma: it is definitely related to his mother. Notice that his headaches are connected to the words "travel" and "departure". When his competitor was criticising him, he mentioned the possibility of JH to travel with the other famous swimmer. Moreover start is a synonym for "depart" too. Moreover, JH is lying to his brother: he really misses his mother, but rather denied it by mentioning his other mother. So the question is: what happened to his biological mother? To me, she must have died while traveling. 

I have also come to the conclusion that when he met BJ in the past, he was already suffering from the trauma. Notice that he was so nervous during the relay race because he was afraid of his own start. His anxiety caused him to drop the rod and ran into the wrong direction. In my opinion, his mistake was the symptom of his trauma. So since he has been a child, he had this trauma and no one noticed it. I am surprised that his brother has just asked him now to see a doctor... I guess that the break-up with the ex-girlfriend must have been a huge blow for JH. It might also be the trigger why the trauma resurfaced: he has huge abandonment issues. 

Hello there chingu!! :D @bebebisous33, you have answered my telepathic call.  Glad that you really like the story.  I guess both of us can't help but attracted to stories with school's background.

There are two parts that you mentioned that I have just realised now. Both related to BJ's trauma, yes I should have seen that he had his problem of "starting" since that relay race and not the earlier swimming competition.  The other thing is about his biological mother, I guess I'll be watching it again to understand that part ;)

5 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

.... and let's see how they'll reach their goals and realise their true feelings!! :D 

Yes, let's see.  The preview of the next episode is giving us a hint that it might not be that long for us to wait:wub: and the lyrics of the OST is beginning to become an earworm:

How can I get your love

How can I make you smile

@Yongzura It seems that we can't leave the school/university background after work!!:D I am glad that my observations were useful. As for JH, I am hoping that KBJ will be the one who will take care of JH. First, KBJ met him in the past and she is someone who cares for people. Isn't it funny that KBJ was moved by the action of JH's brother, when in fact JH had already treated her like a lady but she didn't notice it? It was at the swimming pool. He rescued her and the way he was carrying her... like a gentleman. However, she didn't pay attention to it. Then he gave her towels to dry herself. So he was nice to her... but she failed to notice it, as she was so embarrassed. Besides, if JH hadn't given his umbrella to his brother Jung Jae Yi, KBJ would have never experienced JY's kindness. So JH's action had such an impact on KBJ. I am now looking foward to seeing the umbrella again because it is important from my point of view:

- Shi Ho will realise that it belongs to JH;

- JH might wonder how the unbrella ended up in KBJ' hands;

- KBJ will discover that it belongs to JH.

I can imagine that KBJ might offer the umbrella to Shi Ho and JH notices it in Shi Ho's hands.

Hello @everbody  I have been lurking around here for a while and have to say I LOVE, LOVE this little drama. Both of our leads were so memorable in CITT. I'm so proud of Lee Sung Kyung for bringing us such a different character and nailing it again. I'm just so happy that she has a lead role.  I have crushing on Nam Joo Hyuk since I watched him in CITT needless to say that in each different role he plays, my crush gets bigger.  This is such a fun, sweet drama that I can't stop from smiling when I'm watching it. It has a lot of heart 

@Maetawinz Thanks for starting this thread and for all the pics. My faves are of course those shirtless/ cough, cough bts pool pics. evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif

On 11/17/2016 at 8:06 AM, Nymeria289 said:

As long as this drama delivers in terms of story and acting, I don't care about anything else. Bonus point, I don't think the network cares either. So they have that edge over others to just perform their best without the pressure of expectations and follow through with their intended story telling. Good-luck to the drama. :)

My thoughts exactly, I don't think the network expected this drama to win the ratings war either. As long as our leads put in a good performance and like you said earlier the netizens like it, this  drama will be looked at in a positive light.  

6 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

yes she's a strong and kind girl and I'm happy to see that she have great friends around her to chear her up when she's stressed!! and now our girl will start see herself as a girl which would be fun and interesting!! :D when she started her crush over Joon Hyung's cousin I was screaming "NO NOT HIM!! :(" but it's part of her and Joon Hyung's journey so I'll go with it and let's see how they'll reach their goals and realise their true feelings!! :D 

Hello chingu! This is what I'm looking forward to. Everytime our otp is together I can't help but fangirl over them. I didn't expect their chemistry would be so strong. I'm so happy that LSK is getting a chance to play such a positive character this time around.

@bebebisous33 Thanks so much for joining us. I thought his 'illness' is psychosomatic too but your analysis on his illness is very  insightful.  

:wub:@evie7 Thanks a lot for the compliment, chingu!! crazy monkey 077 I am also wondering why her father is picking up things from the street. His habit must have a signification in my opinion too. By the way, how did KBJ lose her mother early? We know that she was raised by her father... so my question: did the mother die or leave the family? OR was KBJ adopted/found by her actual father and it has been a secret?  

28 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

:wub:@evie7 Thanks a lot for the compliment, chingu!! crazy monkey 077 I am also wondering why her father is picking up things from the street. His habit must have a signification in my opinion too. By the way, how did KBJ lose her mother early? We know that she was raised by her father... so my question: did the mother die or leave the family? OR was KBJ adopted/found by her actual father and it has been a secret?  

I don't know about the picking up stuff from the streets, a lot people do it in the US. There used to be a ton of shows about it like From Trash to Treasures a few years ago. It may be a simple case of not being able to afford new things. I do wonder where is her mother? He could feel inadequate and sorry towards her since her mother is not around. I like Ahn Kil Kang he is a very good actor so I hope we do get to learn about KBJ's family.   

This drama is so interesting and lovely. I hope the rating doesn't affect the storyline. 

I wonder when exactly KBJ will have romantic feeling with JH, but i hope it soon, but still a little slow in realizing her feelings. It make it more interesting in her conflicting feeling of crushing on JH's brother and also having a confusing and unknown feeling that she WILL have for JH while she preparing for matches. Oh the frustration of sports College (sarcastic):P.

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Isn't it funny that KBJ was moved by the action of JH's brother, when in fact JH had already treated her like a lady but she didn't notice it? It was at the swimming pool. He rescued her and the way he was carrying her... like a gentleman. However, she didn't pay attention to it. Then he gave her towels to dry herself. So he was nice to her... but she failed to notice it, as she was so embarrassed. Besides, if JH hadn't given his umbrella to his brother Jung Jae Yi, KBJ would have never experienced JY's kindness. So JH's action had such an impact on KBJ. I am now looking forward to seeing the umbrella again because it is important from my point of view:

- Shi Ho will realise that it belongs to JH;

- JH might wonder how the umbrella ended up in KBJ's hands;

- KBJ will discover that it belongs to JH.

I can imagine that KBJ might offer the umbrella to Shi Ho and JH notices it in Shi Ho's hands.

@bebebisous33, the part when he was carrying her did look like a gentleman but when he just threw the towels at her,  i was shaking my head :lol: since he moved back to his childish mode being playful.

I like the way you highlight the importance of the umbrella in the main characters' relationship.  Yes, it will be interesting...(opps I have a reminiscing scene of "She Was Pretty")

Hello :)

First 2 eps r very nice...like weightlift team and how they get along...all as one...together with coaches

BJ & JH have good chemistry...though i like actor/JH's hyung...don't like her crush on him...hope won't take long them being friends while she longs for hyung and he for his ex

Hope JH just have stress problem not some serious medical one

Doesn't any man there keep track on football?!? :P...seemed those 2 guys never heard of Messi :D

10 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

Doesn't any man there keep track on football?!? :P...seemed those 2 guys never heard of Messi :D

Can't help  but laugh too  [The possibility of using this pick up line will be high after this] Yes, they seem bewildered with the question :lol:.  I guess it was not that they did not know but more towards surprise with the random question.  Ha ha... 

34 minutes ago, Yongzura said:

@bebebisous33, the part when he was carrying her did look like a gentleman but when he just threw the towels at her,  i was shaking my head :lol: since he moved back to his childish mode being playful.

You r right...is this a way an gentleman behave?!? ;)

yiWeYd.gif  QXmPBI.gif 

but...here...

DH4rbC.gif 

is this the same man?!? I'm in lovetrep.gif

16 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

BJ is an interesting character, not the typical female lead: no damsel in distress, no shy but beautiful poor woman but more a tomboy with a lot of friends.  She is strong and confident but she doesn't see herself as a woman, only as a weightlifter until she meets JH's brother. On the other hand, I can sense that there won't be a love triangle, but a love square in my opinion. As for our handsome but bad;) JH, I really feel sorry for him for many reasons. It appears that he has been adopted and his biological mother left him behind therefore from my point of view, he is caught in the past and he can't move on. Why do I believe that he is a past-oriented person?

- The handkerchief: he has never watched it and I guess, it had the smell of his mother

- He is keeping the postcards his biological mother sent him

- The way he treats BJ after discovering her true identity: he is acting like a child... a boy who likes a girl and in order to show his "admiration and love for her", he teases her. 

- His trauma: it is definitely related to his mother. Notice that his headaches are connected to the words "travel" and "departure". When his competitor was criticising him, he mentioned the possibility of JH to travel with the other famous swimmer. Moreover start is a synonym for "depart" too. Moreover, JH is lying to his brother: he really misses his mother, but rather denied it by mentioning his other mother. So the question is: what happened to his biological mother? To me, she must have died while traveling. 

I have also come to the conclusion that when he met BJ in the past, he was already suffering from the trauma. Notice that he was so nervous during the relay race because he was afraid of his own start. His anxiety caused him to drop the rod and ran into the wrong direction. In my opinion, his mistake was the symptom of his trauma. So since he has been a child, he had this trauma and noone noticed it. I am surprised that his brother has just asked him now to see a doctor... I guess that the break-up with the ex-girlfriend must have been a huge blow for JH. It might also be the trigger why the trauma resurfaced: he has huge abandonment issues. 

Haha yeah I love how BJ's different from other drama heroines. Her tomboyishness, inexperience and awkwardness in love matters, as well as her loyalty to her friends makes her such a lovable character. :wub: She actually kind of reminds me of Haruna from this manga called Koukou debut. :lol:

Omg! Thanks for the pointing out the relation between him having difficulty "starting" and his mom's possible "departure". Never thought of that. :o

14 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

yes she's a strong and kind girl and I'm happy to see that she have great friends around her to chear her up when she's stressed!! and now our girl will start see herself as a girl which would be fun and interesting!! :D when she started her crush over Joon Hyung's cousin I was screaming "NO NOT HIM!! :(" but it's part of her and Joon Hyung's journey so I'll go with it and let's see how they'll reach their goals and realise their true feelings!! :D 

Haha that's always the case with romantic storylines like this. The main girl will crush on another guy who is not the main guy until much later when she realises she actually likes the main guy. Kind of like how Boys over flowers was. haha

7 hours ago, evie7 said:

@Maetawinz Thanks for starting this thread and for all the pics. My faves are of course those shirtless/ cough, cough bts pool pics. evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif

LOL I don't blame ya!;) I mean, they do have great...er..muscular definition..hahaha..:phew:

hello chingus.... a warm welcome to all.... i'm joining the club..... even though it seems to be a secret hide out since not many people seem to be commenting on this drama... I am glad to see some familiar faces or names in this case( happy that you are)  ....well now to the meaty section of this post...i like the drama..and i can grow to love it if they give me  all the necessary and rightly season moments and spare me of the undeveloped  unnecessary instances.. i love the chemistry  and i am very much engaged with the main actress change of style...this character seems like fresh water for her and i am liking her portrayal  of KBJ thus far... like some of you I am also here  after i got my heart partially broken with SHR ...so i figure something light was to follow in the menu and since NJK aka 13 prince was stepping up his career and moving on to leading man...so here i am...in a very superficial way ladies and gentleman  (if there are any ...i never know) let me just say that now is very clear where he was gaining out when that butcher of SHR( love you to the moon and beyond) was done filming...and that place is none other than the gym...boy what an improvement...he is looking fine...ok lets move on....the thing i like the  most about the drama is the emphasis  on first love ...BJ might think she is in love with the doctor ...but that is merely an attraction ...a crush ...JJH is the deal for her ... and i can't wait until he  takes it a step further in his playfulness...he likes her enough to bother her ,so its not like she doesn't affect him..he's just not willing to show a much softer treatment of his feelings than masking them with mockery ...he is unable to win her over ...and all his little intentions always backfire like when he gave her 2 extra yogurts and told her to eat a lot and enjoy her good ...while maybe he just wanted to hand her 2 extra yogurts or have the excuse to talk to her during lunch hours...it came out like him making fun of her weight and all the food she eats..the same happened with the chicken delivery ... just as the ost sings it...i the drama thus far is all about how can i win your love and make you smile ...make you mine....(by the way i am loving this ost like there is no tomorrow ...i like it a lot )   ...so JJk best of luckk in winning BJ heart you seem to have mine already...jaja:P

hello everyone on a silent reader on this thread.

Already watched the 2 episode and have been really waiting for this drama because of Nam Joo Hyuk, like him since Who Are You - School 2015 but didn't watch Scarlet Heart Ryeo.

Also hope they don't prolong BK crush with JJK's brother.

@may6  balloons smileyWelcome to this thread!! cute-rabbit-emoticon-16.gif?1301940532cute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532  I agree with you that JH's real intentions with the chicken and the joghurts were misunderstood by KBJ that's why KBJ has never really seen his true personality.

@zagigirl Thanks for the gifs at the swimming pool!! good job onion head :heart:Well, sure, he could have given her the towels in a better way, yet I put more weight on his action as such than the way he did. When she couldn't leave the pool, he helped her, then after leaving the pool himself, he took the towels and threw it to her. He could have been more selfish and just ignored it. I mean, KBJ had called him for a while a pervert which had an impact on his reputation. Besides she had been rude to him and she had made a huge mistake with cleaning the handkerchief (yes, I know, she had good intentions). So from my point of view, he was nice to her. His brother JJY left a bigger impression because of his manners.

By the way, the title "to fall in love" could be applied between the doctor and JJY, not just JJH and KBJ and KBJ and JJY.

I don't know the leads except Beak from Moon Lovers!, aka. Joon Hyung and I'm in.

Bok Joo seemed cute and yes, I vaguely remember her in Doctors (I didn't watch Doctors -.... *hides)

I like the story so far.. maybe because of Joon Hyung handsomeness... hahha...Caught the drama on cable and will be following it...

Haven't watch Legend of the SEa, and I hope WFKBJ will do well despite the stiff competition! WFKBJ Fighting!

Hello! This is my first post here! This drama series does not appear to be gathering many fans here on this thread, but I actually think that the low number of posts does not reflect on the quality of the drama! I actually enjoy watching the first two episodes and feel that it is going to be a fun coming-of-age series on a group of young university students! There have been numerous hilarious moments too. Haha. :D Lee Sung Kyung is doing a great job! 

So, now, we all know what to say when we see a boy / man we like... "Do you like *wiggles eyebrows* Messi? *insert smirk*" LOL. :D

Archived