[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

On 7/28/2017 at 5:02 PM, kiko11 said:

I'm just like @YourHighness . (Finally i can do this .. mention...Yeeyy #lol ... hahahha ..) ...

I did not notice it, too. What I received about the dialogue was about the obsession to master.
The strong one is the cup, not the tea leaf. Tea leaves can be changed at any time but the cup remains with the tea leaves changing. The cup may be able to determine which tea leaves will fill it. So when they talk about good tea leaves, I think they talk about good for themselves. Not good for all people.

After all, does HG care about people ?? # Give the tongue.

I don't think the cup is important. Cups can be changed but the tea determines the taste which is important, hence the comparison of tea and King.

On 7/28/2017 at 11:55 PM, sakura2016 said:

happy I was of help chingu!! :) 

sorry for late reply :sweatingbullets: 

Dea Mok has many people in his order inside the palace, if the Queen didn't side by him that won't stop him and he knows she can't oppen her mouth either ways since she heald hands with him before and her brother is part of what happened so she's to keep quite whether she took his side or not!!

killing the CP's mother will make her more hated by the King since he'd know she had a hand in it and she wouldn't want that!!...I hoped for that too...

didn't see it with eng sub too but I think it wasn't really needed since they were re-saying the same lignes of the scene and wasn't much talking other than that and few other words than can be understood by the context!!

I can't forget since I am checking if there is new MV everyday!! :lol::tongue:

I think the Queen was smart enough to guess what would happen to the King if DM entered in the palace. But DM's plan to kill CP's mom and the King(When did he decide to execute it) was all so confusing, wish they had showed it properly.

On 7/29/2017 at 1:45 AM, vangsweetie637 said:

Hello my Monarch chingus! I have been busy using my brain cells in 2 other threads :tongue: but I still miss my Ruler couple very much as well :wub:

@YourHighness . @sakura2016 @herina_90 @kentangbakar @kaoriharang 

Ruler still has an impact on us! :wink:

Me too. I am still rewatching the show and the scenes in between the new shows I am watching LOL.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

I don't think the cup is important. Cups can be changed but the tea determines the taste which is important, hence the comparison of tea and King.

I think the Queen was smart enough to guess what would happen to the King if DM entered in the palace. But DM's plan to kill CP's mom and the King(When did he decide to execute it) was all so confusing, wish they had showed it properly.

Me too. I am still rewatching the show and the scenes in between the new shows I am watching LOL.

@YourHighness . chingu! Why do I miss you so much? Is it because we haven't talked to each other and discussed about dramas for a while? haha.

I agree. It wasn't about the cup but the tea itself. Cups can be interchanged but the tea determines the taste.

Haha i was just watching scenes again last night. Am so glad I can just pick and choose episodes now :D

Spoiler

Are you watching TKL and BOTWG too? 

56 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@YourHighness . chingu! Why do I miss you so much? Is it because we haven't talked to each other and discussed about dramas for a while? haha.

I agree. It wasn't about the cup but the tea itself. Cups can be interchanged but the tea determines the taste.

Haha i was just watching scenes again last night. Am so glad I can just pick and choose episodes now :D

Hide contents

Are you watching TKL and BOTWG too? 

I miss you just as much! Hahaha, yup that must be it. You know that is one of the plus' to a show ending. You get to pick and watch whichever scene or episode you want to. Also you don't have to worry about what hell your fav characters will go through in the next episode. :lol:I was just watching the antidote scene, it's one of my favs. The writer showed so well what will happen to our King if something ever happened to his GE because I am sure for a few minutes, our King believed GE was dying or dead because WB checked her pulse and told him that thankfully she still has a pulse. Plus I get to re-watch and appreciate how good YSH and KSH are at their craft. The details of their emotions and gestures in each scene is amazing. I am in awe of these two. :wub:

Spoiler

Yeah I am watching those same shows but i am not very vocal in them. BOTWG, I think is much better without all the wondering and theories from my side because the show never does what I expect it to. :lol: Besides I like the show and the couple but I am not in love with them.

TKL is still new enough that I haven't connected to the characters that much. I love the bromance but the romance is still uncertain and a part of me does not want the bromance to end due to San. LOL.

@YourHighness . Aww same here! Miss talking and discussing with you! Haha exactly. We don't have to dread what the next episodes will bring because now we know exactly what will happen haha. Omo..I still love the antidote scene too. We can totally see the angish and worry on CP's face when he held GE. I just loved that expression of his. I also really love the truth scene too. I keep rewatching it because of the emotions from both of them. My heart still tugs when I watch that scene. And also the poison initiation scene. Oh man..that scene still gets me too. The way she cried and how he smiles with tears..awwww..! So much love from these two :wub: and..i also rewatch the DM death scene as well. The part where his expression changes when CP tells him that he won't allow anyone to become a monster like him..wow! Very powerful acting from HJH!

Spoiler

Haha I have fun making theories and such at the BOTWG thread. And as it is now reaching middle point, it is bound to get even more interesting. I am actually rooting for the OTP and SA is growing on me. The thing about dramas like this one is the ending haha. I don't know how a God and human will be together in the end.

As for TKL, I am not too active on the thread but do join discussions too. The subs come out slower so i have to wait much longer to watch it. By then, my thoughts are overdue LOL!

I still miss our daily doses of Ruler! Now I am even more eager to see ShyShy be in another drama together! But I know it will not happen anytime soon :(

@vangsweetie637 @sakura2016 great to hear from both of you, love your posts. Thank goodness HCY managed to hold his concert in Taipei and fly back to Seoul the same evening (we were all so worried about the typhoon situation). I'd like to share this high-quality close up video of HCY's performance, where I believe he really conveyed  emotions not just through his vocals. Many thanks to the lady who filmed this:

13 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@YourHighness . Aww same here! Miss talking and discussing with you! Haha exactly. We don't have to dread what the next episodes will bring because now we know exactly what will happen haha. Omo..I still love the antidote scene too. We can totally see the angish and worry on CP's face when he held GE. I just loved that expression of his. I also really love the truth scene too. I keep rewatching it because of the emotions from both of them. My heart still tugs when I watch that scene. And also the poison initiation scene. Oh man..that scene still gets me too. The way she cried and how he smiles with tears..awwww..! So much love from these two :wub: and..i also rewatch the DM death scene as well. The part where his expression changes when CP tells him that he won't allow anyone to become a monster like him..wow! Very powerful acting from HJH!

Hide contents

Haha I have fun making theories and such at the BOTWG thread. And as it is now reaching middle point, it is bound to get even more interesting. I am actually rooting for the OTP and SA is growing on me. The thing about dramas like this one is the ending haha. I don't know how a God and human will be together in the end.

As for TKL, I am not too active on the thread but do join discussions too. The subs come out slower so i have to wait much longer to watch it. By then, my thoughts are overdue LOL!

I still miss our daily doses of Ruler! Now I am even more eager to see ShyShy be in another drama together! But I know it will not happen anytime soon :(

Now that I think about it, there's no scene of our couple that I do not like. Every scene is amazing, chemistry and emotion wise. YSH-KSH made SeonGaEun:wub: so perfect. I can't rave enough about their talent. :heart:

You know the one thing that bugs me in the poison initiation scene is the editing when our King was in GE's arms. When GE's close ups were shown, her hand was lightly holding his face but when our King was shown, her hand was no where on his face. In their situation, I think GE would have caressed his face and held it comfortingly. The rest of it was flawless. All of PSG saw how much our King and Queen love each other.:lol:

Speaking of PSG, we never understood the hierarchy of the group. PSG was 1000 years old so there were leaders when DM joined the group. DM answered to certain few who threatened to kill him if our King get the throne but how did he choose HG as the leader by himself? He was shown taking all the decision by himself. How exactly did PSG work? The leader should have been chosen on the members merit but it seemed it like was familial leadership because HG's dad expected to be the leader after DM stepped down. If anyone has answers through their own sub, I would appreciate an answer.

With DM's death scene and the before fight, I only concentrate on our King, he looks so powerful and majestic but with kindness and maturity. I love how commanding he is in it. DM I feel nothing for. LOL.

Spoiler

BOWTG, I expect it will get more interesting and I like the leads, together and individually but I don't feel the spark. Something is missing and I am unable to get into the love story like I expected. I am guessing it's all the "Servant" talk. It really bugs me. LOL. Besides, don't kill me, but I think the hero is not yet versatile enough to take on a varied set of emotions as the lead. I sometimes find his acting almost wooden. And about the ending, maybe SA will get eternal life or something..a boon for saving all the worlds somehow?

I think in comparison, I like TKL more. The bromance is engaging, the romance is about to start and I like that the heroine is not a simpering beauty, sitting in a corner and doing nothing. Although the politics and the villain scenes bore me to tears LOL.

I miss Ruler and Shyshycouple too. I wonder how long we'll have to wait for their next project. Wish I had a time turner. Seriously. :lol:

@findit Thanks for the new BTS pic. The position of GE holding our CP is different in this picture. Eesh, I miss them. I wonder how our King could bear to wait an year to marry GE. :tongue: BTW I've been meaning to ask this but was LS' mom GE's Nanny or was it a wrong translation? Because another sub translates her as Auntie.

Look at the views you guys LOL! The head movement really makes it seem like its a proper kiss. :wink: #pervertmodeactivated

You know I think there's a good chance MBC has noticed how popular YSH-KSH are and how they want to work in a modern drama. I wouldn't be surprised if they are bidding their time to cast them together in another modern show on their channel itself.

@sakura2016 That's a beautiful FVM.:tears:

12 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Look at the views you guys LOL! The head movement really makes it seem like its a proper kiss. :wink: #pervertmodeactivated

You know I think there's a good chance MBC has noticed how popular YSH-KSH are and how they want to work in a modern drama. I wouldn't be surprised if they are bidding their time to cast them together in another modern show on their channel itself.

@sakura2016 That's a beautiful FVM.:tears:

and the way Yoo Seung Ho pulled her from the waist!! :wub: still blushing!! :blush: 

how I'd love that and really MBC was lucky custing them for Ruler that was their 1st big success for a long time so wanting to have them again in another drama must be something they'd want to!! :wink::D 

it's so beautiful and made miss my drama and OTP more!! :tears: 

On 8/1/2017 at 0:52 AM, sakura2016 said:

and the way Yoo Seung Ho pulled her from the waist!! :wub: still blushing!! :blush: 

how I'd love that and really MBC was lucky custing them for Ruler that was their 1st big success for a long time so wanting to have them again in another drama must be something they'd want to!! :wink::D 

it's so beautiful and made miss my drama and OTP more!! :tears: 

The waist pulling move turned the innocent kiss into something so passionate, I expected them to burst into flames then and there. :lol: I must hand it to the director and the writers, even though I have a few complaints, they really aced the lovestory of our couple.

You know I have a feeling that MBC had YSH-KSH pairing in mind ever since they hosted that small award segment a few years ago. They looked so good together, MBC couldn't miss out on their chemistry. Plus, I think YSH and KSH are MBC gems. They have both worked before with that channel.

BTW still suffering from withdrawal. I was just watching the 16th episode where our King saves GE and gets hurt. The way he shielded her all throughout. :wub:

On 8/1/2017 at 6:39 AM, findit said:

LS's mom is GE's Nanny. :)

Thanks for the clarification. Does this mean GE's mom died in childbirth?

BTW, I've been wondering, how involved are King and Queen in raising their own children? How close are they to their children? I know the Late King and CP's mom were very involved but that was due to CP's face being kept a secret.

14 minutes ago, fieza1871 said:

They  didnt host the award show. They are just a presenter for 1 of the award at MBC year end award show...

Yup, I did say a segment. The difference between hosting and presenting is just semantics in my country since the presenters do go on stage and take over from the host for that segment.

2 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

The waist pulling move turned the innocent kiss into something so passionate, I expected them to burst into flames then and there. :lol: I must hand it to the director and the writers, even though I have a few complaints, they really aced the lovestory of our couple.

right... :blush: 

You know I have a feeling that MBC had YSH-KSH pairing in mind ever since they hosted that small award segment a few years ago. They looked so good together, MBC couldn't miss out on their chemistry. Plus, I think YSH and KSH are MBC gems. They have both worked before with that channel.

57 minutes ago, YourHighness . said:

Yup, I did say a segment. The difference between hosting and presenting is just semantics in my country since the presenters do go on stage and take over from the host for that segment.

that segment was last year and they promoted Ruler that they were filming by then through MBC Award Ceremony chingu!! :wink::wub: 

BTW still suffering from withdrawal. I was just watching the 16th episode where our King saves GE and gets hurt. The way he shielded her all throughout. :wub:

I so loved that scene and how he was really her shield and no one to reach and/or harm her!! :blush: 

Thanks for the clarification. Does this mean GE's mom died in childbirth?

it can be or years later but Ga Eun was still too young then too!!

BTW, I've been wondering, how involved are King and Queen in raising their own children? How close are they to their children? I know the Late King and CP's mom were very involved but that was due to CP's face being kept a secret.

I think it's like our commun life, parents are involved in their children's lives based on how much they want to whether they are royalties or not, there is those Kings and Queens who took care of their children closely and those who left them to be raised by the teachers and swordsmanship trainers sadly!!

23 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

right... :blush: 

that segment was last year and they promoted Ruler that they were filming by then through MBC Award Ceremony chingu!! :wink::wub: 

I so loved that scene and how he was really her shield and no one to reach and/or harm her!! :blush: 

it can be or years later but Ga Eun was still too young then too!!

I think it's like our commun life, parents are involved in their children's lives based on how much they want to whether they are royalties or not, there is those Kings and Queens who took care of their children closely and those who left them to be raised by the teachers and swordsmanship trainers sadly!!

Oh really? They were already filming when the awards happened? But the year says 2016 and I thought they didn't start shooting till January this year? When did the awards ceremony take place?

GE is his most precious person in the world. He loves her so deeply. :wub:

Ah I see..since everyone said that GE's father was not very wealthy to afford maids and servants, I assumed he must have had LS' mom be the nanny only because his wife died.

Hmmm, interesting, thankfully our King and GE will be very loving parents to their children.^_^ I wonder if the Late King would have been that involved with our CP's upbringing if he hadn't had to keep his face a secret. He seemed like a very typical King, one who would put his throne over relationships. I think he protected CP so much because he was the only heir. He did think CP was weak, if he had more children, I wonder how CP would have been treated.

Archived