[Drama 2017] The Ruler: Master of the Mask /The Emperor: Owner of the Mask 군주:가면의 주인

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

For the finale, no more throwing objects haha. We will support our Jeonha :wink::tongue:

Chingus, are we ready for the finale? :D

@ktcjdrama @sakura2016 @rhaps @YourHighness . @kaoriharang @katherinyyyy @nurlayla @etylovedrama @deabakdrama @ferily @rainbowhills @googleme @faye406 @herina_90 @Tram92 @linlixeng @joyspartace  AND ALL MY OTHER MONARCH CHINGUS.. (sorry couldn't tag everyone because there is so many of us :wink: )

Yes!! No more throwing objects, chingu!! I have calmed myself since last week. I just can't wait for LS to be kicked out of the palace. 

I'm trying to get ready by watching old episodes, bts vids and fmv's for the past few days, honestly, a part of me can't wait for the last episodes (I don't mind whatever crazy thing LS will do, just give me a happy ending for our OTP). Reason why I continued watching Ruler is because I'm so curious how CP can reclaim the throne, how GE can be queen and DM & PSH's downfall. Reason why I can't easily let go of Ruler maybe because of the OTP (so please please, modern drama with a good & solid background + good directors).

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank each one of you, my monarch chingus, for being so welcoming and nice. It's my first time to join a drama forum and actively participate in some discussions and voice out my comments on live recaps. THIS IS ALSO ONE OF THE THINGS I'M GOING TO MISS THE MOST:bawling:

PS @joyspartace hope everything's fine with your family!

41 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhhh and knowledgeable!! :lol:...hopefully we will meet again in other threads :wink::wub: Ruler Fighting!! :heart: 

hhhhhhhh he is scared understandable!! :lol: 

I'm waiting for Kim Soo Hyun's OST to be played in one of our OTP's moents!! :wink::wub: 

@jakey09 @nurlayla let's brace ourselves chingudeull!! :w00t: 

Haha yes. Knowledgeable indeed! Aww i believe we will meet each other again in another thread chingu! Haha MH is so funny! Aww yes i want KSH ost during OTP scene:wub:

26 minutes ago, katherinyyyy said:

Yes!! No more throwing objects, chingu!! I have calmed myself since last week. I just can't wait for LS to be kicked out of the palace. 

I'm trying to get ready by watching old episodes, bts vids and fmv's for the past few days, honestly, a part of me can't wait for the last episodes (I don't mind whatever crazy thing LS will do, just give me a happy ending for our OTP). Reason why I continued watching Ruler is because I'm so curious how CP can reclaim the throne, how GE can be queen and DM & PSH's downfall. Reason why I can't easily let go of Ruler maybe because of the OTP (so please please, modern drama with a good & solid background + good directors).

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank each one of you, my monarch chingus, for being so welcoming and nice. It's my first time to join a drama forum and actively participate in some discussions and voice out my comments on live recaps. THIS IS ALSO ONE OF THE THINGS I'M GOING TO MISS THE MOST:bawling:

PS @joyspartace

Hi chingu! Aww yes that's what i been doing too. I am feeling the drama and forum void already. I am sad that starting next week, I won't be able to live cap Ruler and discuss with you guys. But we still have 4 more episodes to go, so we shall make the best of it :)

Awww..i had a great time discussing and flipping tables with you. I still remember how many tables we flipped and pans we threw because of LS hahahaha. And..hopefully, after Ruler is done airing, you and I will meet again in another thread, so we can flip tables and throw heels, and poison darts again :tongue: let us enjoy the show until the very end. I, too, am waiting for the OTP happy ending. They better give us a solid one! I want a confirmed happy ending. And another longer kiss and hug too, please :D btw, loving your profile picture! :wub: Like you, it is hard for me to let go of this OTP.

33 minutes ago, katherinyyyy said:

I'm happy that your 1st experience in dramaforums was with us and Ruler drama and hope we will meet again in other dramas forums in the future!! :D 

@vangsweetie637 hhhhhhhhhh and I hope so too!! :wub: one of the things I'm waiting for is the funny officer's scared reaction everytime Gon is near him!! :lol: 

have to go now!! see you all later hopefully!! :wub: 

10 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Haha yes. Knowledgeable indeed! Aww i believe we will meet each other again in another thread chingu! Haha MH is so funny! Aww yes i want KSH ost during OTP scene:wub:

Hi chingu! Aww yes that's what i been doing too. I am feeling the drama and forum void already. I am sad that starting next week, I won't be able to live cap Ruler and discuss with you guys. But we still have 4 more episodes to go, so we shall make the best of it :)

Awww..i had a great time discussing and flipping tables with you. I still remember how many tables we flipped and pans we threw because of LS hahahaha. And..hopefully, after Ruler is done airing, you and I will meet again in another thread, so we can flip tables and throw heels, and poison darts again :tongue: let us enjoy the show until the very end. I, too, am waiting for the OTP happy ending. They better give us a solid one! I want a confirmed happy ending. And another longer kiss and hug too, please :D btw, loving your profile picture! :wub: Like you, it is hard for me to let go of this OTP.

same here:bawling: Yup! Also looking forward to meeting you in another forum, and start flipping tables and throw things again haha. Yes! They better give us a happy ending for our OTP. Want to see GE as Queen. Oh, and another kiss too (I'm not a kissing scene addict (lol) but this drama just.... ugh)

48 minutes ago, katherinyyyy said:

same here:bawling: Yup! Also looking forward to meeting you in another forum, and start flipping tables and throw things again haha. Yes! They better give us a happy ending for our OTP. Want to see GE as Queen. Oh, and another kiss too (I'm not a kissing scene addict (lol) but this drama just.... ugh)

Aww yups. I will miss flipping tables with you :bawling: but there will always be another drama that we will meet up on. I am sure we will remember each other now and plus, we will still camp at the shippers thread :wink:

Hahaha i am not a kissing scene addict too but i am also not shy to ask for more :tongue: since i have no idea when ShyShy will be together again onscreen..then yes..another kiss and hug please and more OTP scenes! :D And..bed scene :tongue:

Awww..i was re-reading all the earlier posts from when the drama first aired..and I know from then to now..we have all gone through a lot in this drama! *HUGSSSS* Ruler fighting!

Ruler's OST PART 17 is officially out (:

CHINGUDEULS!! I am able to watch and live recap for tomorrow's episode! IM SO HAPPY! YES!!! It's so much more fun to recap and share the episodes with you guys here!!! hopefully I can do the same for Thursday but I can definitely do it tomorrow! YES!!

10 more hours to go, chingus!! Hopefully streaming will work just fine.

@vangsweetie637 Yes! I'm ready for the finale!! I promise I will behave, no throwing objects, will just enjoy the food and drinks prepared! Thanks!!

I won't ask for a kissing scene too, just a full-body embrace, or even hand holding and deep gazing will appease me.... really... will rather see that than rant about the position of hand rubbing the back again :tongue:

@joyspartace YAY!! and thanks for sharing the OST. YSHee is so pretty in that still...

@joyspartace aww yay! So happy you can join us tomorrow! Always more fun when there are a lot of us :D

@ktcjdrama lol i am as ready as I can be. We will sit back and enjoy the show this time around. We have gone broke from purchasing so much objects and tables haha. Got lots of snacks and food to go by around this time and drinks and wines :wink: i can definitely accept a deep gazing, full body embracing with hand held tight..even a little leaning on the shoulder too. A kiss is an extra bonus if they want to give it to us to make 3rd time the charm :tongue: and i want their sweet words. 

I am LOVING the new Ost. Beautiful! I really want them to use some new osts into the upcoming episodes! It will match really well with OTP moments :)

Yasss! 10 more hours Monarchs!!

31 minutes ago, joyspartace said:

CHINGUDEULS!! I am able to watch and live recap for tomorrow's episode! IM SO HAPPY! YES!!! It's so much more fun to recap and share the episodes with you guys here!!! hopefully I can do the same for Thursday but I can definitely do it tomorrow! YES!!

Oooh i like this ost too! Has it been played in any ep??? My biggest regret would be not hearing these OSTs in more scenes!!!

Yayyyy for bring able to recall with us!!! Hope i get some time tonight to recap along with everyone too!!

@vangsweetie637 awwww thank you!! so glad I can join you guys! at my age, I should be free to do anything but my family has been visiting so much due to stuff, it's chaotic almost lol! 

@herina_90 I haven't heard this new OST in any episode yet but I do love it too! I think it's a very fitting song for someone like Hwa Gun! Wish they would've played more of this for her instead of Kim Na Young's OST so much ahah. 

Edit: @jakey09 wow! that's one of the best Lee Sun/Ga Eun MV made so far!! ahhhhh, people with talent - how I wish I could be like them! ahahah thanks for sharing! 

I was rewatching earlier episodes. I remember @YourHighness . was asking what SaWoo means. For my subbed site, SaWoo keeps coming out as the pronouciation for Chung Woo. Hence, maybe it is not a title but a name..? @ktcjdrama i rem you said it was a title right?

The reason GE dad figures out he is the CP because he calls CW's name which comes out as SaWoo. He remembers that it is the same name CP called CW too when he was behind the mask and giving the task to MH and him to investigate Water Bereau.

@herina_90 i am hoping they incorporate some released osts into the drama. And release the instrumentals!

@jakey09 omo..my OTP heart. That MV is making me miss them even more!

Edit

@joyspartace awww so very happy you will join us chingu! Lol i know what you mean. At my age, i should be able to do anything freely too but always have families giving me errands to do. That's why i am always up so late because only then do I get free time for myself haha. For sure, I am going to make time for the finale :D

10 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Good morning my Monarch chingus! It is Tuesday today so that means Wednesday for some of you guys :D

Finally my phone is better haha. It kept crashing and lagging so much last night. 

@YourHighness . @kaoriharang @sakura2016

I did some more thinking haha.

If we really think about it, both QD and LS did commit treason against the real King. Both had wrongdoings that threatened the life of the future King. So if we think about the weight of their wrongs, both are equally guilty in their own way. Is there one worse than the other when both directly and indirectly still caused harm? I too cannot accept the fact that QD attempted and succeeded in killing a baby. I empathized with her pain of being childless. She is human. Of course she wants to be a mother and feel the love of a husband and child. But to poison a baby is inhumane. And she still continued to do so when she learned of who the real one was. I cannot also accept the fact that LS kept working with the enemy, allowed them to ambush CP and then was present when his enemy poisoned the real King. Even though he was shock, it is not because he felt sad about it but because he realized that by killing the real one, DM approved of him being the real one. I empathized with the life he had as a commoner. He had it hard. He had it unfair but it is still unjust to betray those who loved him and those he loved for the sake of wanting a better life. Most of all, he is no better than the Water Bereau who stole water from the people. He wants to steal what are not his. Both wanted to have everything because they feel they deserve it for all the suffering they endure. They do not see that others have suffered too. GE, MC, MH, CP, etc. These two committed more than half of the 7 deadly sins (lust, greed, envy, wrath, maybe even pride). I know our King with his heart will not punish them both by death. As I said, they only tried to kill him and went against him. They did not use innocent people to get their way like DM or PS did. But both still deserve some kind of punishment. Exile, status removed, all that stuff without the bloodshed. However we know our King too well so we know he would rather start his new Joseon cleansing the damage DM and PS caused than to kill more for the sake of it. 4 episodes will be too short to encompass everything now..so I am looking to see just how the writers tied up loose ends. And if it is our King who forgives them..then I will too :D:tongue: I am just waiting to see what the King says when he faces both of them once more, personally.

I guess, you kind of have to prove that QD did wrong? I mean yes it is a story and yes we all know the truth, but i think in those days, you could i guess technically punish without reason. Question is at least for QD is she does still have support in the royal court getting her punish isnt going to be the easiest things. I also don't think the drama has a lot of time to focus on every little detail of it. Yes I do want to see the QD punish, she has been punish to some extent, but yes she does deserve punishment for what she did to CP when he was a baby (though i feel the late king should have handled that!)

As for LS, yes we can say that his crimes were 'lighter' but they still results in lives lost and people getting hurt. Should he be punished as well, yes I do believe so? He has to pay a price especially since he decided to side with the 'devil' I am all for CP showing grace to LS but I want a redemption point, I WANT LS TO REALISE WHAT HE HAS DONE WRONG AND REFLECT ON IT. If they can show me that, I don't think i will be complaining as much haha!

As for DM, he does deserve death, he has gone on too long with power and the belief that he is untouchable. If you don't take care of him now, he will come back and in full force. He has killed many some directly some indirectly, the greatest of his sins is killing his own granddaughter, for that I believe he does deserve death. he does not deserve grace not at all.

8 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Hi chingu! I am from CA. But am sure it is same time zone since we both are still quite close by state :D will u be joining us for the finale?

@YourHighness . Right! I want both punished too but don't think it will happen lol. Both in my eyes are guilty as charged. No longer innocent :tongue:

Oh USA huh? that is the other side of the world for me (: But yes I want both punish as well, lets see what the writers gives us. I hope we get some sort of punishment or redemptions one form or another.

8 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhhhhh I think I hated Lee Seon more because I trusted him and hope in him unlike the Queen who I knew from day 1 what an evil person she is so I hoped nothing from her not trusted :lol: like you said both did horrific and unforgivable things who's more and less doesn't change much and they are lucky to have a kind King and Queen who not only wouldn't even think about punishing them but will think of ways to save them :wink: hhhhh

yeah!! we're really excited to see how things will end with our King distroying Pyunsoohwe and becoming a great King with his Queen beside him :w00t::wub: but it's also the end :(

why? Ga Eun will enter the royal court to help our King with the jar she'll find remember :wink: and maybe we will have small moment with them :wub: before things get back to action again :wink: 

@vangsweetie637 hhhhhhhhhh oh my I jumped to thursday?!! :lol: what happened to my wednesday episode then? :lol: I meant tuesday!! :sweatingbullets: hhhhhhh

Yeah chingu! how did you jump to thurs? HAHA! slow down, we are now here WEDNESDAY!

Well you know our otp is always good at showing eye contact so defintiely, and assuming CP will remove his mask before GE comes in. I am looking forward to those really really small moments. UNLESS it is not GE? But i think its most likely her!

Thats true, I think LS's betrayal was harder to take because he started of wanting to do good for CP but he became a monster himself.

6 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@sakura2016 haha yes I know. You are not greedy like LS here :tongue: you would have shared the episodes with us who are waiting impatiently haha

Awww yay! Will be looking forward to seeing you at the finale recaps then :wink: ah yes, i believe Arizona and CA time still falls under Pacific Time right..so if wouldn't be too much of a difference where we are. As to where other chingus/viewers are from, we have a diversity. If I remember correctly, some are from Malaysia, Indonesia, and we also have a few from Korea and Japan. And some are also from the states and other countries. Very diverse. I love it that we all come from different parts of the world, and are here in the thread discussing and having a great time :)

Chingus, we were invited by our royal King to feast on the finale and watch how everything will fall together, so let us find our seats:

Reveal hidden contents

joseon_traditional_food.jpg

There are also snacks too. Plenty of seconds.

For drinks: We are provided the royal wine by Master WB, and also water and soda (imported from modern era) because:

For the finale, no more throwing objects haha. We will support our Jeonha :wink::tongue:

Chingus, are we ready for the finale? :D

@ktcjdrama @sakura2016 @rhaps @YourHighness . @kaoriharang @katherinyyyy @nurlayla @etylovedrama @deabakdrama @ferily @rainbowhills @googleme @faye406 @herina_90 @Tram92 @linlixeng @joyspartace  AND ALL MY OTHER MONARCH CHINGUS.. (sorry couldn't tag everyone because there is so many of us :wink: )

I am here! WOW I went to sleep and look and what happen ^^

We are all ready huh (: it is currently 12pm which means its 1pm in Korea, so we are close to the finals EVERYONE! hang on (: Oh snacks! I love food especially anything salty and anything with meat! I am in! and wine? haha i will save that for the finale. I dont think we need anymore weapons, safe to save CP is going to kick some butt!

2 hours ago, katherinyyyy said:

Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank each one of you, my monarch chingus, for being so welcoming and nice. It's my first time to join a drama forum and actively participate in some discussions and voice out my comments on live recaps. THIS IS ALSO ONE OF THE THINGS I'M GOING TO MISS THE MOST:bawling:.

:cold_sweat::bawling: aww chingu, you are going to make my cry. I will miss you also (: I think all of us are not ready to let go, I am also really listening a lot of the OST and rewatching the past episodes, especially focusing on our otp ^^

thank you chingu for participating! this is definitely one of most fun threads I have had the chance to spend time with (:

OH YEAH! I too am looking forward to LS getting his butt kicked!

46 minutes ago, joyspartace said:

I totally did not expect another OST, normally the last week of dramas they will release the full OST-Instrumental album. I am shock but I really like this song as well (: It is a HG related song am I right? I hope we get to hear it somewhere, I am also looking forward seeing KSH's ost as well (:

I hope things are okay with your family as well @joyspartace I do hope to see you for this week's finale even so, we will definitely still be exchanging ideas and thoughts after the finale ^^

15 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I was rewatching earlier episodes. I remember @YourHighness . was asking what SaWoo means. For my subbed site, SaWoo keeps coming out as the pronouciation for Chung Woo. Hence, maybe it is not a title but a name..? @ktcjdrama i rem you said it was a title right?

The reason GE dad figures out he is the CP because he calls CW's name which comes out as SaWoo. He remembers that it is the same name CP called CW too when he was behind the mask and giving the task to MH and him to investigate Water Bereau.

I'm pretty sure it is a title, just like how one will call "master", or like orabeoni. Just like the title that DM is usually called by his followers. Sorry don't know how to spell it out. Also the title CP is always called by GE -- turonim? But I think our Korean friends can probably explain the term Sawoo better. Help?

Archived