[Drama 2016] Sweet Stranger and Me (Man Living at My House) 우리집에 사는 남자

Go Seung Ji

What's funny is that they just took Nan Gil's word that he married Na Ri's mom. Na Ri did not bother to check with the civil registrar or whatever they call the agency in Korea to check if the marriage has been registered. I even had this idea that Nan Gil and Na Ri are the ones that are married and the plan is to act like his father initially until things like debt, the people who are after the land, even the uncle's mess are all cleared up. I think that's possible since they only need the paper work with the signature or stamp of both sides to have two people married. The situation is messy, but it is funny messy and I am intrigued by this show and the fact that I like Kim Young Kwang.

Waves to @andy78, @necychessie and other fellow MDBC and FIP chingus.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I certainly didn't expect to get hooked. Su-ae should really do more rom-coms! KYK is doing alright in this series and they have good chemistry from the start. Even the second lead males are likable. 

This part is cute. 

abeojiiiii_zps8laskq75.gif

Next episode looks even better.

@theresaang it's a very famous song by Ahn Chi-hwan nim, titled 'If I Were/내가 만일"

Hello everyone

I've just watched ep 1 & 2 and I must say that this drama is a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be. Some of the lines were really funny and I like DeokBong's character too.  NanGil's past is pretty mysterious and I assume he has some dark past.  The tattoos on his back indicate his supposedly gangster-ish connection with the guys who came looking for Nari's uncle.  I also wonder if the phone call that he made (the one where Nari eavesdropped), was made to the gangster guy/loan shark who sat in the car instead of Nari's uncle.

Either way, the drama got me hooked and I found myself watching it again on tele when it aired just now. weeeee

My fav scene :D .. You go girl! Just tell him off :P

ORC.md.jpg

image taken from google

KIM JONG KOOK CROONS OST FOR SU AE’S DRAMA

sa

Genuine coincidence or friendly favour? Kim Jong Kook belts Fool, the first OST released for The Man Living In Our House. And we all know the heroine of the drama is Su Ae, with whom he had a loveline with in a recent episode of Running Man. I totally ship them in real life and I hope our resident Commander did this upon the request of Su Ae – even better he offered to lend his vocals in consideration of their new “friendship”. HEH. He rarely sings OSTs, his last one being in 2013 for Love In Memory, and before that for Good Doctor in 2012.

https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2016/10/27/kim-jong-kook-croons-ost-for-su-aes-drama/

7 hours ago, nrlfan4ever said:

What's funny is that they just took Nan Gil's word that he married Na Ri's mom. Na Ri did not bother to check with the civil registrar or whatever they call the agency in Korea to check if the marriage has been registered. I even had this idea that Nan Gil and Na Ri are the ones that are married and the plan is to act like his father initially until things like debt, the people who are after the land, even the uncle's mess are all cleared up. I think that's possible since they only need the paper work with the signature or stamp of both sides to have two people married. The situation is messy, but it is funny messy and I am intrigued by this show and the fact that I like Kim Young Kwang.

Waves to @andy78, @necychessie and other fellow MDBC and FIP chingus.

It's so good to see someone share the same view. I was debating with myself if that one is possible, if the mom registered Na Ri's name instead of hers.

On 10/26/2016 at 4:26 PM, valsava said:

So with you on this one @alekaonu  I loved episode two, I think Nari will think that he's talking to her uncle but some how I got the feeling he's telling that shabby Ex pf hers to not show up around there again.. I think the lil golddigger will go after the rich businessman once she finds out he's chasing her but all her lil antics will not work on him..

I thought he was talking to her uncle too. Isn't it? 

On first ep, I was like ewwww....a young guy (he was even called a gigolo) married to her mom. 

But I am sold...in ep2, I am all in after watching second ep. Their chemistry is great. Good acting ...and I am going to think the plot is not going to disappoint. Fingers cross. The more I watch, I more I get curious. Cant wait for the next ep.

On 10/26/2016 at 1:00 PM, TRAN said:

I like the doctor, he's funny. 

I like the way NanGil carries  NaRi looks so easy and the way he push her in the car by the bum, and drop her on the hospital bed, this guy can be both gentle and rough at the same time. Something to look forward to hehe.

Curious why is he so friendly and protective of her, could it be a promise he made with her Mom?  

Do NanGil and DukBong have history together? Feel like they're known each other.

Need to see more of second female lead too, she's pretty.

Hey...me too..I was LMAO when Whitney houston song came up while he carried her to the hospital. I thought he was so manly...but within seconds I changed my mind when he just threw her on the bed, it was funny though. hahah

We are all curious as to why he is friendly and protective. I can't wait to see who is he.

On 10/26/2016 at 4:03 PM, xiashenghan said:

This is the fact that we need to accept at the moment. That he's the stepfather. And he acts fatherly to her as well. The way he got mad at the hospital and at the house. And looks like he knows a lot about her.

And yes eonnie. My second lead syndrome is really bad. That sickness normally ends up me giving up a drama. Haha!

Yes, I've already accepted the fact. Same as Na ri when she said she's accepted that he's the stepfather. As long as i don't think of him being lovey dovey with her omma ....I am fine. :lol:

On 10/26/2016 at 4:16 PM, valentvcd said:

the 2 episode for opening... it is quite good and I love it.... I am laughing when she says aboejii.... :D  

oh...that was funny. She acted well. love ep2. I am going to stick to this drama...till i find out who Nan Gil is.:D

On 10/26/2016 at 4:29 PM, Yippeuni said:

I even thinking on betraying my king because of last night episode of this drama....LOL 

Which king are you referring to? Wang So? I thought I have seen you in MDBC thread. 

Please do join in this thread. Feels kind of quiet here. haha.

On 10/26/2016 at 8:40 AM, lovehbhjw2013 said:

*wave* @moodypie @Bambiina

I came here to look for some answers as to why he was her step-father....I felt confused...but this seemed to be the mystery of the drama now...

After the second episode, I am intrigued by the plot and now there is a mystery to unveil.......how did such a young guy end up as her step-abuji?

I did not like the Ep 1 where boyfriend cheating on Na-ri and moreover with her oh-I-can't-stand-her-face colleague.....that is so uncool, similar to the other airport drama but luckily the Ep 2 mystery makes this drama worth chasing the Ep 3 now....  Looking forward to next week.

Oh my....so glad to see you here chingu. Was busy with RL. Didn't expect to see you around. :blush:

The mystery is what keeping me interested in this drama. After watching ep2, I am hooked. Their acting is good. So far, ost is great too.

On 10/26/2016 at 1:31 PM, juliacaesar said:

And as @stroppyse mentioned, as soon as a character sees a person with "big" and "scary" tattooes in dramaland, you absolutely know they're dangerous (sense my sarcasm here ;)).

When I saw his tatoo...I went like....wow...so manly!!! :w00t: hehe.

On 10/26/2016 at 2:10 PM, Nymeria289 said:

I am pretty sure when Nan Gil said that and I quote "I married her for love", it wasn't because he was in love with Nari's mom, it was Nari all along. I still can't wrap my head around the marriage registry and all but a well defined contract of sorts could perhaps later make things clearer. He is here to protect Nari's well being which she is clearly incapable of doing on her own all alone. I hate the ex-boyfriend and how he still thinks its okay to be part of his life after betraying her like that.

Pouty Lee Soo Hyuk is the best, I am not sure how I will fight second lead syndrome here. He is a self-proclaimed scumbag who comes with his unique set of quirks, I am so sold on this show.

Was it shown that there was a marriage cert? I wanted to rewatch, but had no time. 

If I remember correctly, he only show a photo taken with her omma, right? 

I would like to think that he knows Nari long time ago, with Nari not paying much attention of his existence. So he could be secretly having one sided love ? But I am not sure...sometimes he act like a genuine fatherly expression. 

I am sold after ep2, all the cast, including her "jerk" fiance nails their character well so far. 

Have I said that her fiance look handsome ...? why is he so handsome? But I want to pull out his hair. 

hahaha.

On 10/26/2016 at 6:34 AM, nrlfan4ever said:

Like most of you, I'm liking this drama. I like Kim Young Kwang. He acts so naturally. Soo Ae, whom I always associate with mellow drama (she's got a sad-looking face in repose) could be funny. Her face lights up when she smiles.

i like the mystery around Nan Gil and the deal he made with Na Ri's mom. The marriage could be a means to save the house, land and business from loan sharks and the heavily-in-debt and good for nothing uncle. Now that the properties are secure, another one's circling around in the form of Duk Bong.

Still missing Ra On-ah and Lee Young but this drama is a nice one for a good laugh after a tiring day at the office.

Soo Ae can do comedy too. She was funny in 9 ends 2 outs. I love it when she yell at the guys. She speaks fast...

(I miss our MDBC couple too....) Finally found a drama to heal my MDBC withdrawal.

On 10/26/2016 at 7:24 AM, theresaang said:

Anybody know the song title of the song sang by the Mother at the riverside, the song NG uses as ringtone for his phone?

thanks

I want to know too...

On 10/26/2016 at 8:54 AM, fragglerock said:

I like the show including the male lead he is always fun to watch no matter what he is in.

I suspect the series has a gang undercurrent here somewhere or something sinister, I have no doubt he married her mother but I think it was to protect everything to give to her later should anything happen to the mother.

I think the other guy is involved in shifty dealings and I think the male lead was previously in a gang or have a gang like reputation that they will be cautious to go up against.

But they kept him with his same personality and give him lines that match him as well.  She tries to get under his skin by playing the daughter and he gets back up under her nose by interrogating the date......LOL.  That backfired on her.

I think he cant tell her the truth right now as she wouldnt beleive it or would not handle the situation given who is involved.  But be interesting to see where this one goes.

The male lead ...I like his charm. I've watched him in Go Ho Starry night. He was a charmer there too. 

The ending does lead us to believe that he is somehow connected to gangsters. He;s such a mystery. I love it when Nari seem to trust him more than her ex-fiance.  

Can;t wait to see where the direction of this stepfather and daughter relationship will lead to. 

On 10/26/2016 at 2:12 PM, bexyahmed said:

I made this gifs 

HERE

I will make more gifs tomorrow 

Thanks for making them!!!

1 hour ago, moodypie said:

Oh my....so glad to see you here chingu. Was busy with RL. Didn't expect to see you around. :blush:

The mystery is what keeping me interested in this drama. After watching ep2, I am hooked. Their acting is good. So far, ost is great too.

Hihi chingu.  glad to hear that you have returned to your usual RL and keeping busy.   I am looking for new dramas to watch now cos have been watching ONE drama for too long...feeling weird....then chanced upon this one.  I only know Soo Ae in this drama...and I do not dislike the male lead so it is watchable for me and Ep 2 really took me by surprise....  OST is lively...this drama is light-hearted for a start.

Spoiler

Notice there are 3 experienced actresses whom I like having dramas concurrently now... Soo Ae, Choi Ji-woo and Kim Ha-Neul and in all 3 dramas, the leads seem to be ladies for a change...spazzing over hot male leads can be tiring.... LOL...:lol:

1 hour ago, Nymeria289 said:

the first one from the second episode and the rest from the upcoming episode teasers.

Thanks. I thought I missed that scene.

1 hour ago, moodypie said:

Yes, I've already accepted the fact. Same as Na ri when she said she's accepted that he's the stepfather. As long as i don't think of him being lovey dovey with her omma ....I am fine. :lol:

OMG eonnie! Why did you have to mention lovey dovey? Now I will imagine it.   Goosebumps.

@moodypie  I agree about the gangster background and based on what was implied with the group of gangsters he has a reputation and one that shouldnt be messed with.  So be interesting to know where this storyline goes.  On the other count yes i cant seem to stay away from Starry Night myself he is brilliant in that, i like that he commits to her regardless what goes on and her him despite her doubts if he is upset, like about the ex she steps up to fix it so they are both good again and work together.   That to me is how dramas should work.  My other favourite scene in that was when the second male lead was going to go behind there backs on the advertising competition she sneaked in and told him the whole truth without hesitation.  So very interested in where they take his character in this drama.

On 10/26/2016 at 3:34 AM, nrlfan4ever said:

Like most of you, I'm liking this drama. I like Kim Young Kwang. He acts so naturally. Soo Ae, whom I always associate with mellow drama (she's got a sad-looking face in repose) could be funny. Her face lights up when she smiles.

i like the mystery around Nan Gil and the deal he made with Na Ri's mom. The marriage could be a means to save the house, land and business from loan sharks and the heavily-in-debt and good for nothing uncle. Now that the properties are secure, another one's circling around in the form of Duk Bong.

Still missing Ra On-ah and Lee Young but this drama is a nice one for a good laugh after a tiring day at the office.

@nrlfan4ever This is my sentiments exactly, I think mom may have liked him in some form and then she could have married him just to save him for her daughter it would be the only means for her to gain there family estate back mom had some kind of plan marrying him.. I'm wondering his saying that they was destin is his thoughts only.. From some of the flashback scenes he was around the but how did she kept from finding out about it that in it's self baffles me..  I think NG was the original debt owner but some how took a liking to mom and instead of collecting it from her he married her to protect what they have..

Now I'm wondering about her mom accident is some how related to uncles debt with new loanshark, because her being out of the picture could be a means for uncle to pay up but now realising killing her was just a waste of time..

23 hours ago, TeBe said:

Okey , I am officially hooked :wub: I didn't expect  the drama to be this cute.

And I am actually happy to see Ji Yoon-HO aka Oh Young Gon from CITT :w00t:

I hope to see more of him. 

@TeBe  Hello Looks like we will be dancing again on Mon and Tues Because I'm also hooked..

23 hours ago, lovehbhjw2013 said:

*wave* @moodypie @Bambiina

I came here to look for some answers as to why he was her step-father....I felt confused...but this seemed to be the mystery of the drama now...

After the second episode, I am intrigued by the plot and now there is a mystery to unveil.......how did such a young guy end up as her step-abuji?

I did not like the Ep 1 where boyfriend cheating on Na-ri and moreover with her oh-I-can't-stand-her-face colleague.....that is so uncool, similar to the other airport drama but luckily the Ep 2 mystery makes this drama worth chasing the Ep 3 now....  Looking forward to next week.

@lovehbhjw2013  Yes both dramas are similar in those ways, But when it comes to the backstabbing collegue it's her job a golddigger is always out looking for higher richers but her karma wil be coming.. I read she's get into a lot of trouble so I'll take a front row seat to her downfall..

10 minutes ago, valsava said:

@nrlfan4ever This is my sentiments exactly, I think mom may have liked him in some form and then she could have married him just to save him for her daughter it would be the only means for her to gain there family estate back mom had some kind of plan marrying him.. I'm wondering his saying that they was destin is his thoughts only.. From some of the flashback scenes he was around the but how did she kept from finding out about it that in it's self baffles me..  I think NG was the original debt owner but some how took a liking to mom and instead of collecting it from her he married her to protect what they have..

Now I'm wondering about her mom accident is some how related to uncles debt with new loanshark, because her being out of the picture could be a means for uncle to pay up but now realising killing her was just a waste of time..

@TeBe  Hello Looks like we will be dancing again on Mon and Tues Because I'm also hooked..

@lovehbhjw2013  Yes both dramas are similar in those ways, But when it comes to the backstabbing collegue it's her job a golddigger is always out looking for higher richers but her karma wil be coming.. I read she's get into a lot of trouble so I'll take a front row seat to her downfall..

Oh she has a downfall in the drama?  Then she really deserves it for the way she lives her life. Thank goodness. :wink:

55 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

Saying HI :P to some of the Soompiers in this thread. I've seen some familiar names: @valsava @andy78 in MLSHR's thread. 

Don't want to offend anyone. 
I'm not too familiar with Lee Soo-hyuk, having watched him only in this drama. But is it just me, or does his face look so ... weird? :blink:

Hello @penelop3  How are you,  No it's not just you but thats what makes his character so unique.. 

Its great to see that there are so many good reviews about this drama :w00t: i hope the rating will increase so sudden like MDBTC. 

@penelop3 yeah LSH's face does look weird if you see his face for the first time lol But believe me after you watched his face several times you would eventually find his face is so attractive and cool like handsome vampire! he really should act in vampire drama soon!

Archived