20170125092206_1010652_540_810.jpg

Shin HyeSun will take on the role of a newly placed attorney in ShiMok (Jo SeungWoo)'s office. She will play a character struggling to restore the reputation of her father who was discharged from the law office dishonorably after being framed. She is a character whose build up of chemistry with ShiMok in the DA's office can be anticipated.

Here we go. Happy days of posting to two threads are here again. :wub:

• Like 2

http://gall.dcinside.com/mgallery/board/view/?id=shinhyesun&no=1115&page=1

Q. 차기작을 벌써 확정했던데. 너무 열일하는거 아냐?

A. 사실 차시아가 문화재 복원가인데 드런 전문적인 모습을 많이 보여주지 못한 것 같아서 아쉬웠거든. 이번엔 검사야. 그동안 했던 역 중에 가장 전문직인 것 같아. 어떤 직업군을 제대로 보여주지 못하면 신청자분들에게 혼난다는걸 알고 있어서 철저하게 준비 하려고 해. 2017년도 소처럼 일하는게 내 목표야. 계속 나와도 지겨워하지 않을꺼지?

(Spoken in informal banter as to a friend.)

Q. Your next project has already been confirmed. Could you be working too hard?

A. Actually Cha Si-Ah was supposed to have been a scientist for cultural restoration, but I was a bit sad that she wasn't able to show that 'professional' aspect much. This time it's a prosecuting attorney. Among the roles I've played so far, it seems the most 'expertise' profession. If I am not able to portray a particular type of professionalism I know that the viewers would 'chastise' me, so I plan to prepare thoroughly. In 2017 also, my aim is to work hard like an ox. You won't get sick of me even if I keep appearing, will you?

--

Apparently one of the 5 questions asked by her fanclub. The comments there hint at her reference to the departure from Cha Si-Ah's original role, which she probably was just as surprised by as we were - but she stuck with it and gained much love from everyone especially towards the end. :heart: And the answer is NO, we won't get sick of you.:wub: (As I noted in the SF - Secret Forest - thread article above, the drama will air in May but first reading and shooting will begin by the end of this month. Hopefully she will keep us posted on her IG more frequently with BTS pics.) :ph34r:

• Like 2

2017012701002089600144811.jpg

http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201701270100208960014481&servicedate=20170126

Shin HyeSun "Diet while acting next to Jeon JiHeyon, only lost cheeks" :wink:

Actress Shin HyeSun tranformed into a middle-era goddess.

On the 26th, Star-and-Fashion magazine "InStyle" February issue has published pictorials featuring the unique look and an interview with Shin HyeSun, who starred as the off-beat bad girl Cha SiAh in the recently finished "Legend of the Blue Sea".

Shin HyeSun, in a beauty pictorial with a Victorian mood, transformed into an intoxicating, loveable middle-era princess. From her delicate sparkly eyes and elegant pose matching her make-up look so effortlessly presented, she guided each take into 'A-cut'. And all session long she presented her earthy, honest self, attracting the interest and love of all the staff on hand.

In the interview after the shoot, Shin HyeSun relayed, "in order to act along side Jeon JiHyeon I attempted a diet but just lost fat on my cheeks and I gave up." And "unlike Cha SiAh in the current role or Lee YeonTae (her 'Five Children' role), if there's someone I like then I tend to confess right away," she said.

With Jo SeungWoo and Bae DooNa, Shin HyeSun has confirmed she will continue working, with tvN's new Mon/Tue drama "Secret Forest" in a prosecuting attorney role; befitting of her in-vogue status, she is also working as the Beauty Muse for "AQUTOP" cosmetics.

Beauty pictorials showing off Shin HyeSun's unique charms and her frank interview can be verified on the February issue of Star and Fashion magazine "InStyle" at instylekorea.com home page.

supremez@sportschosun.com

• Like 2

January 26, 2017

Shin Hye-sun signs on to ‘Secret Forest’ cast

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

25201701.jpg

Actress Shin Hye-sun is joining the star-studded cast of the upcoming tvN drama “Secret Forest.”

The news of the actress’ casting was confirmed on Wednesday by her agency YNK Entertainment. She will be starring alongside actors Jo Seung-woo and Doona Bae, who will be playing the lead roles.

The crime thriller will be about an unlikely partnership between the emotionless prosecutor Hwang Si-mok and the righteous cop Han Yeo-jin that works together in order to uncover secrets to catch a criminal mastermind.

Shin will be playing the role of Yeong Eun-su, a rookie prosecutor assigned under Hwang. Yeong will attempt to redeem the reputation of her father, who was dishonorably kicked out of the prosecutor’s office due to false charges.

The actress has starred in a string of hit productions since her debut in 2012. Just last year, she appeared in the KBS2 drama “Five Enough” and crime film “A Violent Prosecutor.” She currently stars in the SBS fantasy drama “The Legend of the Blue Sea.” 

By Chung Jin-hong

• Like 2

Actual InStyle SHS article link: http://www.instylekorea.com/issue/article_view.asp?seq=2452

Video hello with rubber chicken: http://www.imgrum.club/i/BPwDOsSF_mN :tongue:

https://scontent-ams3-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/16379115_1923907231172039_4395493604018094080_n.mp4

And now the article:

Reason Why Shin HyeSun Is Pretty

Photo captions:

*** Lace attire and black dress from 'D2' (Dsquared), square drop ear-rings 'Jamie & Bell'.

*** Lace dress from 'Bride and You', choker-like bow-tie is D2, broach is 'Jamie & Bell', cross necklace and rosary-shaped long necklace is from 'Vintage Hollywood', ring is Minetani.

*** Ruffled detail one piece is Deb?, earrings and ring 'Jamie & Bell', pearl rings Minetani, pearl necklace from Swarovski.

At 5'8" tall, unexpected physique*** and face the size of a fist, those who meet Shin HyeSun for the first time are all surprised. To avoid yo-yo diet, she declares adorably that it's better not to start exercising at all, that she can't be bothered. But whatever she takes on, thanks to her natural sticktoitiveness she can also seem like the 'beauty witty'.

Q. Your off-beat bad girl(!) role in drama "Legend of the Blue Sea" suits you so well. To the extent it appeared to be your actual personality.

SHS. She's an attractive character but not similar to me. First off, I don't do one-sided crush. With the conviction that "she who is courageous shall win the handsome male" I would confess first, not scheme some plan from behind. If one had to pick a character that's similar to me, it would be "She was Pretty"'s Han-Seol? Even with her, just to the extent that she's cheerful. That's all."

Q. The role you took on then was that of a beauty assistant at a magazine publisher?

SHS. Having a hard time? (laughs) Before shooting started we visited a magazine publisher, and the first thought that came to mind was "I'm envious!" On the table were piles of beauty products, and they said they get to be the first to try the new products.

Q. Do you have much interest in beauty products?

SHS. Perfumes, yes. Even to the extent my friends say "when you say perfumes, it's Shin HyeSun". Before I enjoyed the fragrance of soaps, but now I like all the fragrances.

Q. Other areas?

SHS. Rather than react to the trends I tend to wrestle with the question of what suits me best. I look at the mirror often, and not just the direct angle but I meticulously survey all 360 degrees of my appearance.

Q. Did you find the style that fits you by doing that?

SHS. My left and right halves are slightly asymmetric. So a method I found was if I paint my left eyelashes inward a bit it seems to balance out better. Also my facial shape is round so I have to paint my lashes long. My double eyelids may seem faint but are thick, so if I paint my eyeliner heavy my eyes look smaller.

Q. No matter the person, if you're captured at the same angle as Jeon JiYeon one would get nervous. Was there anything you prepared in particular?

SHS. I did try to diet. But perhaps due to my age, only my facial fat went away. So I am actively feeding myself well again.

Q. You tend to lose weight through fasting.

SHS. I eat only one meal a day. I don't go past meal schedule but I try to maintain 13~15 hours on empty stomach. Exercise, the best I could manage was about 3 months. If one gives up exercise they say you get the yo-yo effect [weight up and down], so I think "isn't it better not to start int he first place?" (laughs)

Q. As soon as the shoot's over you erase your make-up...

SHS. Skin feels uncomfortable, and get pimples. After removing it with cleansing balm or oil, I wash with cleanser. Then I spray (using showerhead) face with cold water until my face feels chilled. Any swelling goes away easily.

Q. After-wash skin care?

SHS. Depending on schedule and condition it varies, but I don't put on many layers. In the summer, after toner I put on cream lightly, in the winter I put eye-cream all over my face then apply supplemental cream over intervals.

Q. For some reason Shin HyeSun may have a failed beauty care story?

SHS. I am pretty good with hands so in high school I tried hair extension, but because of silicon(??) almost became bald.

***AQUTOP facial topping ball by Bird's Nest - ~70 USD

"It's one I always reach for before going in front of camera. Mix with toner, melt it well and skin gets smooth and silky."

--

Other 2 pics already posted last week. Beauty-Witty :wink:

• Like 2

20170201_1485926387_61634600_1.jpg

http://www.ytn.co.kr/_sn/1406_201702011530028122_001

Posted : 2017-02-01 15:29

"Blue Seas" Lee JiHoon "Relationship with Shin HyeSun? Even Mom Misunderstood"

Actor Lee JiHoon explained regarding misunderstanding that he's in a relationship with Shin HyeSun.

Lee JiHoon, who appeared in "LotBS", said in ... interview regarding Shin HyeSun that she is "a really good-natured person and a good friend of mine." Previously on the 28th Lee JiHoon had posted on his instagram a friendly photo of himself with Shin HyeSun, (unintentionally) causing rumors that they were a couple.

Regarding this photo, Lee JiHoon stated, "That day at the farewell party there were lots of people. Ran into HyeSun while signing (autographs). So saying, "let's get a picture", we took one. But people said we looked like a (dating) couple. My mom also, and even my little brother, asked 'what kind of relationship' this was."

Lee JiHoon and Shin HyeSun, 4 years after their debut work on KBS2 "School 2013", are working together in "LotBS". Lee JiHoon says that when "School" was being shot neither had a (management) agency and it was very difficult. For appearances they were paid ~500 USD and while watching TV would wonder, "when will we get to do that kind of role", but "after 4 years we got to meet again in this big production."

And during the script reading, they were "sitting face to face and it felt strange." HyeSun, too, said, "Oppa, I have butterflies in my stomach." "So we said to one another, 'from now on also let's do well and become actors that will keep working for a long time to come'", he added.

Playing the role of Heo ChiHyeon in "LotBS", Lee JiHoon drew attention for his chillingly evil role.

Son HyoJung reporting shj2012@tvreport.co.kr

--

Somewhat heart-warming story of friendship with oori-HyeSun-see. B)

• Like 2

On 1/26/2017 at 6:18 AM, meechuttso said:

2016060217002219599-540x540.jpg

http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/948678

Seo HyeonJin, Shin HyeSun, MinA - "Ordinary Look" "More Beautiful"

TBD

Seo HyeonJin · Shin HyeSun · Minah, ‘Their Ordinary Looks Make Them More Beautiful’

Posted by Cho HyeonJoo : 2016/06/07 19:37:36

'Plain-Janes' Revolt!

tvN drama "Another Miss Oh"'s Oh HaeYoung (Seo HyeonJin), KBS2 drama "Five Children"'s Lee YeonTae (Shin HyeSun), and SBS drama "My Daughter Gong Shim"'s GongShim (Minah) included, 'Plain-Janes'(ordinary looking women) have taken firm hold of the family room screens.

These oft-overlooked ladies with so-so visuals are always being compared to someone else. Around them there always exist other gorgeous and capable competitors getting all the attention; their outstanding visuals and abilities are given. At once these ordinary women seem infinitely pitiful and frail. They arouse within us this inexplicabe, peculiar identification with them.

Seo HyeonJin . Shin HyeSun . Minah - 'Pitiable'

Seems realistic. In their roles the three draw out empathies of other women in their 20's and 30's. In their professions they may be struggling and in the face of love they shrink back. They get compared to those 'better' than them, always getting knocked down. The kind of story that anyone may have felt at least once causes the viewers' to channel these emotions.

In 'Another Miss Oh' her namesake Oh HaeYoung and the troubles stemming from her are portrayed. The plain Oh HaeYoung (Seo HyeonJin), from high school days, existed in the shadows of the prettier and 'better' Oh HaeYoung (Jeon HyeBin). When someone called, "HaeYoung!" and she turned around, it was usually someone calling the 'pretty' Oh HaeYoung. She always existed a bit deflated. After becoming an adult it was the same story. With her wedding just a day away, with an excuse that he "hated the look of her when she ate", he broke off the wedding, and she was chased out of her house. At the workplace, she always gets scorned. Of course the possibility of promotion is far from her.

In "Five Children" Lee YeonTae is a kind and gentle-natured person. Her 7-year unrequited crush, Kim TaeMin (Ahn WooYeon) - she had finally lost to her old classmate and sister-in-law (who was like her nemesis), Jang JinJoo (Im SooHyang). In all those years, Lee YeonTae had not once confessed her love for him. She was the very essence of shrinking in the face of love. On top of that, she absolutely fails to pick up on Kim SangMin's (SungHoon) overtures that he likes her. Alone, her heart aches with love and then it aches with pain. As if to parody Kim SangMin's words, "there's not a crevice about her that's pretty", she's not only 'not pretty', but also clueless.

In "Beautiful GongShim", GongShim is always being compared to her genetically superior sister GongMi (Seo HyoRim). Unlike her ugly sister GongShim, GongMi is a lawyer with superior looks that gets everyone's attention. Even in her home she gets first class treatement. But GongShim is different. The ever also-ran at job interviews, she mainly does physical labor but also doesn't get treated nicely. Her constant stress from job preparations cause hair loss, enough to put her in a situation she has to wear a wig. For secretary position interview qualifying exam, she's even mocked for her appearance.

All of that not withstanding...

As advertised, 'pitiful' stories were told. The 3 individuals are not special. However, they are receiving fervent support. "Another Miss Oh", each episode is breaking record and reigning in popularity victories. In "Five Children", Lee YeonTae-Kim SangMin couple is receiving huge amount of love equal to the starring couple, Ahn JaeWook-So YouJin. "Beautiful GongShim" also of course, by the 3rd episode, exceeded 10% viewership ratings and threatening competing broadcast of "Flower in Prison". The cause for such popularity is the sheer dint of efforts of these ordinary women. With their winsome and capable acting these actresses brought to life their charms, and wth honest and unpretentious expressions of emotions they brought about empathy.

It's not that the viewers' hearts have been captivated yet. These women are being immersed in the love bestowed on them by their princes on white horses. Although their faces aren't beautiful, their true feelings have been acknowledged. Oh HaeYoung has ultimately succeeded in stealing the heart of his 'iron-walled' neighbor next door Park DoHyeong (Eric). Park DoeGyung confesses to Oh HaeYoung "I've loved you since the time you said you put your own name in as class president." Saying he "liked her courage of confessing embarassing situation directly," he had embraced Oh HaeYoung's 'dark past'.

Kim SangMin has completely fallen for Lee YeonTae's shy and innocent charms. Ahn Dante (Nam GoongMin) is also the same. Towards GongShim whom everyone claims is ugly, Ahn Dante says "Not having any make-up on is the method of making yourself the prettiest." It matters not if one is pretty or not. That "the look you were born with is plenty sufficient to receive love" is the main message we can see.

Drama critic and professor Youn SukJin, regarding "plain-Jane"'s attention says, "instead of the superior and beautiful character, she's the ordinary character we can see commonly all around us. Thus, anyone can enter that realm", and "establishment of that shared sympathy (with the viewers) is the biggest factor in their popularity, it seems," he stated.

And "I hope they do well. I want to root for them. As we cheer for them, that's the way we can give ourselves courage and strength."

Jo HyeonJoo reporting jhjdh@tenasia.co.kr

--

An old article from June 2016, but caught my eye. The writer uses some hyperbole to make her points, but overall the analysis has some valid points. What do you think? B)