13 hours ago, airgelaal said:

I absolutely don't like her new image. She looks like an average korean actress :( She lost her unique looks.

@airgelaal I am afraid I have to agree with you. This drama is quite possibly the most oversold and under-delivered 2 episodes ever also.

But I'll withhold judgment for a week or two, or 10, for oori-HyeSun-see's sake. :phew:

http://news.joins.com/article/20890668

• Like 3

Hi, I've only caught Ep 1 of LOTBS..so il be looking out for the scene where SHS is washing mud off the pot in the 2nd ep maybe.. will try to catch up on that. First thought was why so much make-up on a scientist? But yeah, it's great that she gets good make-up on the set, maybe change the lippie colour for other scenes  hahah.. it was good hearing her voice tho.. wonder what her next project after this will be... 

thank u @meechuttso for translating all the yeonsangbook stuff. Sweet of SHS to say thanks like that.

• Like 2

Just a comment as the 'supreme soompi fan' of oori-HyeSun-see here. In LotBS, so far, she's really nailing her part. Every precious split second of her short screen time, her jealous rage, her annoyed glances, her disdain for this unearthly creature suddenly thrust in the way of her diabolical(?) schemes. She's looking pretty hot being EVIL (like I always knew she wanted to be as an actress)!! :phew:B)

• Like 5

On 25/11/2016 at 5:12 AM, meechuttso said:

tumblr_obqliv7lWk1valxs7o1_400.gif

tumblr_oh5zw1a84T1valxs7o1_500.giftumblr_oh5zw1a84T1valxs7o2_500.gif

Are we witnessing an upward or downward trajectory in oori-HyeSun-see's acting career here? :crazy:

@meechuttso woot!! That's one of my fav scenes from FE! Based on the 2 scenes alone, I say downward trajectory....wonder what SHS thought abt the scenes (another HT qn for another time??) lol.. reminded me of that other cake and finger biting scene from FE.. but but but overall where acting & opportunities are concerned, I gotta say upward trajectory, fingers crossed! I am enjoying the storytelling in LOTBS so far and was thankful for how eps3-4 spiced things up. Also like how they introduced SHS's Cha Si Ah early enough and gave the different characters a chance to interact as a group and one-on-one. I hope her character does not morph too crazily/too evilly.. I want more ppl to like SHS! There was that part where Cha Si Ah takes some money from Joon Jae's 'buddy'  so sthg's brewing there. And I think I've watched one too many aqutop ads -- when Cha Si Ah said sthg about the picture on the vase as she brushed mud off, I thought she said 'Nibs cream'... I think the Korean word for 'picture' sounds quite similar!! Hahaha I stand corrected of course! 

• Like 4

And oh yes, I have to agree @meechuttso that she's nailed the character with her acting. Would imagine a KAIST-trained scientist, that gorgeous, setting her sights on such a great catch would be confident, unapologetically arrogant (why not), and would be sashaying and doing some hair flinging... will be lovely to see more layers to her character in the coming weeks. And I'm sure those who've worked closely with her before are watching her in this role too so SHS fighting!! Doing just fabulous!

• Like 3

15.png?type=w800

Caption Translation: (In babyish phrase) "Not true", "Said it's not true".

As I also posted in the YeonSang thread also for the first time in a long time, I had to point out this blogger I just found:

http://m.blog.naver.com/heyum07/220728004706

That's just episode 31, 32 of 5-Children. She captured oori-HyeSun-see (YeonTae / YeonDoo)'s very essence with her many beautiful screen caps an gifs, that it made me go back and appreciate what an amazing work SHS (& SH) had accomplished earlier this year. This blogger's recap (including the wording in Korean) really magnifies the essence of SHS's beauty that I am definitely missing at the moment. :mellow: Too many pics to embed here, so go check them out at the link above.

• Like 3

201611300915439110_1.jpg

"Legend of the Blue Sea" Shin HyeSun - "If you hate me, (it's coz) you're immersed in the Drama"

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201611300915439110

[NewsN Yoon GaYee reporting] 2016-11-30 09:19:11

IN SBS's Wed-Thu drama special "Legend of the Blue Sea" (LotBS ... Studio Dragon) in progress currently, Shin HyeSun's movement is coming into focus.

In "LotBS", Shin HyeSun is acting enthusiastially in the role as a colleague of JoonJae (played by Mr. Lee MinHo), in a life dedicated to restoration and preservation of cultural heritage, a "doctor of cultural artifacts" - Cha Si-Ah.

First seen in the epilogue scene of episode 2, Shin HyeSun, while carefully brushing the mud surrounding a ceramic pottery found under water, discovers a surprising image of a man and a mermaid in an embrace, piquing our curiosity.

After this in the scene where she drops by JoonJae's house to wish him happy birthday, her first meeting with mermaid Jeon JiHyun has focused viewers' interest. Revealing her competitive (jealous) nature towards the mermaid, immediately establishing her triangle relationship with JoonJae, to epsode 4 where she turns her focus again to the pottery, she is building anticipation of Cha Si-Ah's development in future episodes.

Above all else, as she shows her handling of the cultural artifacts she is led naturally to approach the Jo-Sun dynasty treasures. The present drama portraying both the Jo-Sun era and modern time contexts very naturally is drawing more reaction and attention to Si-Ah's role.

Shin HyeSun stated, "as the image of our drama is fantastical and mysterious, full of fun stories, I, too, am having fun watching it." "Especially, people around me sending much response has been heart-warming."

And "With respect to Si-Ah's situation she's smart and articulate, but in love she's not very well versed and can appear somewhat calculating, 'catty'," saying "if the drama viewers will develop a hatred for Si-Ah based on the coming episodes to unfold, I will happily accept that it's due to immersion in the drama," smiling.

Shin HyeSun also revealed that during the 1st shooting, she learned much working with Mo YuRan role's Na YoungHee and Ahn JinJoo role's Moon SoRi, saying, "it being the first scene for me I was a bit nervous, but the two senior actors really let me work in comfort and led me well." "Thanks to the good positive energy they gave me, I have derived much strength and have come to believe that I can do well going forward as well", expressing her gratitude to the two seniors.

Lastly, Shin HyeSun adds, "now for about the next two months I shall draw closer to the audience as Cha Si-Ah, and I hope to be 'watched over' with love and interest," and "our drama should become ever more full of interesting plot, so I hope you don't miss any of it," revealing her affection for the current work.

Having debuted in 2013 with "School 2013", Shin HyeSun has since appeared in "High School King of Savvy", "She was Pretty", "O My Ghostess", "Five Children", and through movie "Violent Prosecutor" has taken her first steps as a rising star.

:phew:B)

• Like 5

Thank u so much @meechuttso for the translation! It was a good, wholesome interview. 

Wonder if Cha Si Ah will appear in the Joseon era as a refined lady perhaps? Doesn't matter if she doesn't.. She rocked that yellow turtleneck dress! And I'm sure they are making preparations to attend the SBS drama awards, hope they don't have shooting that day!

• Like 3