82331754.2.jpg

http://sports.donga.com/3/02/20170111/82331691/3

Gong Yu vs Lee MinHo part 3 : Goblin vs LotBS Second Female Lead Duel

Synopsis Judgment: YIN Happy / SHS Sad

Yu InNa 'resurrected' after 2012 troubled Queen In-Hyun's Man / Shin HyeSun 'too little too late' 

(Regretfully have to agree. Don't want to translate the rest.) :vicx: Goblin is truly a masterpiece, though. :phew:

• Like 1

I had mentioned a hug earlier, but didn't even know she had got one, sort of. Have a confession to make. Deflated by her storyline of ep 16,17, I actually skipped most of it and didn't know this last karaoke scene was even there.:ph34r: Talk about sinking yet lower. Not a fan of that scene either, because it's just too painful for this oori-HyeSun-see-adorer, but she still acts her heart out. :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

• Like 1

Seeing her for 2 to 10 minute per week is infinitely better than not seeing her at all, right? This role is quite similar to her Han-Sul character (She was Pretty) but somehow is still more likeable. I really hope she's not typecast into this type of role in the future.

"Although it's cold again today, spend it with a smile" :heart:

How can I not, when you're on this earth? :wub::rolleyes::ph34r:B)

Edit: One of the comments mentions, 'hope to see in we got married program', but no such rumors yet after quick search. Great suggestion, though. If it happens, we heard it here first -_-

• Like 3

That's a lot of hits and views for the #오해커플 (#MisunderstandingCouple), over 150k already for these. Maybe SBS giving her consolation prize with pretty boy for her getting snubbed on new year's eve at KBS? I hope she doesn't get too many high school anti-fan girls now. B)

• Like 3

If I had to pick my favorite scene from all 19 episodes of LotBS, it would have to be this one. SHS is the consummate actress here, just perfectly capturing who Si-Ah is, what little depth there may have been to her character in the script, SHS brings it all out fully. I am hopeful for her next role, whatever it may be. :rolleyes::heart:

• Like 4

It's almost over and I do not even expect to see SHS / Si-Ah in episode 20, but in the original description of Cha Si-Ah character, I recall seeing a more compassionate scientist who was sympathetic to the mermaid. Something obviously changed this to the adversarial role between these two, which was quite unfortunate.

ec8dc8a7411e79310ec5feb7ca75a8f0.jpg

http://news.joins.com/article/21163894

[ EXCLUSIVE ] Vengeful Prosecutor - Shin HyeSun to join 'tvN' "Secret Forest" (M/Tu drama) cast.

Actress Shin HyeSun will appear in drama 'Secret Forest'.

A spokesperson for the drama company revealed to Ilgan Sports on the 23rd that "Shin HyeSun has confirmed to appear as a prosecuting attorney for tvN's new Monday/Tuesday drama 'Secret Forest'". [or maybe 'Secret Woods']

Shin HyeSun will take on the role of prosecuting attorney Young EunSoo. As a new attorney from a top name school, she is bold and proud. However while still obviously having much to learn as a newbie, she is a character lacking in such acknowledgment and is impatient to show off her abilities. So from last year's "Five Children" to "Legend of the Blue Seas" and now "Secret Forest", Shin HyeSun is producing work without rest.

"Secret Forest" is a thriller about a district attorney who's lost ability to feel emotions (due to injury), seeking to divulge internal secrets within the DA's office to chase the real criminal. Jo SeungWoo and Bae DooNa are leading the cast. Produced by Ahn GilHo, creator of "Mrs Cop" and "My Son-in-law's Woman", and Lee SooYeon is the script writer.

After the currently broadcasting "Introverted Boss", followed by "She Loves to Lie Too Much", (Secret Forest) is scheduled to air this coming May.

Kim JinSuk reporting : superjs@joongang.co.kr

---------
Jo SeungWoo - https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/1029-jo-seung-woo-조승우/
Bae DooNa - https://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/9881-bae-doo-na-배두나/

Looks like SHS is supporting role here also, not playing till May :mellow: - but in a thriller, so maybe she gets to do an evil role that she's really wanted to.

Let's remember oori-HyeSun-see's new role name, Young EunSoo - 영은수!! :heart::wub:

• Like 3

O my, somebody moves fast around here. Official thread for 'Secret Forest' or 'Forest of Secrets' !

shinhyesun_40.jpg

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/01/shin-hye-sun-eyes-tvn-mystery-thriller-forest-of-secrets/

Good to see that Shin Hye-sun is keeping up with her busy drama schedule, and is looking to follow up her current (but soon-to-end) gig on Legend of the Blue Sea with a role in tvN’s upcoming Forest of Secrets, the mystery-thriller starring Jo Seung-woo (God’s Gift–14 Days) and Bae Doo-na (Tunnel). The drama centers around a prosecutor who’s lost his emotions who sets out to catch a criminal and get to the bottom of secrets within the prosecutor’s office.

Shin Hye-sun is positively considering the drama, according to her representatives, who confirmed that she received the offer to play a trainee prosecutor from a prestigious background. The character has a strong sense of pride that can get in her own way, given that she’s still a trainee with much to learn but finds it difficult to acknowledge that and impatiently wants to prove herself based on her skills. It sounds like just the kind of character she would be great at, because there are aspects of that personality that are admirable, even as I can see them becoming problematic and frustrating for her.

Shin Hye-sun is still at the supporting actress level of her career, but I’ve taken notice of her because she always seems to be able to make a stock or background character stand out just a little extra bit. (See: Oh My Ghostess and She Was Pretty, as well as her breakout role in a supporting loveline in weekend drama Five Kids.) Even when she’s playing an annoying character, I always end up finding her cute and entertaining, which is a skill not to be taken for granted in dramaland, home of so many aggravating second leads.

Forest of Secrets will be directed by Mrs. Cop and Rooftop Prince director Ahn Gil-ho, and is set to take the Monday-Tuesday tvN slot in May, following The Liar and His Lover, which follows Introverted Boss.