[Drama 2016] 1% of Anything 1%의 어떤것

Go Seung Ji

LoL I got a lot of things wrong it's the tie that signifies he is hers which is why she did not buy it but he was so eager for her to buy it. Is he even pretending any more that he does not like her? He is so totally in love that he is beginning to resent that she refers to their relationship as a business transaction.

Ahh my theory about the adoption was right though but not the illegitimacy.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, zae91 said:

Ep.7 English Sub :) Thanks to DramaFire :) 

http://dramafire.com/one-percent-of-something-episode-7/

Komawo @zae91 chingu.

I'm confused now. So Jae In is really an illegitimate child?

Spoiler

Because in Tae Ha's conversation with his mom they said that he was adopted by Tae Ha's uncle. Wait what? That made me confused. Or was there another brother or something?

She said: Will you marry me? That was a joke...we can never get married! He didn't liked it :)...he's sooooo done already

I liked it when he said to his cousin to stand on his own without parents then come to  him :D...BTW that cousin follows orders but he seems not to have anything evil in him...

Sun Woo betrayed DaDa and his sister:angry:. He revealed the identity of her boyfriend to her mother so that the latter decides to move in to make sure that the chaebol doesn't take advantage of her daughter. As for Lee Jae In, he will be forced to confess his feelings for her as DaDa keeps saying that it is just a business transaction. Lee Jae In really would like to be her boyfriend and he doesn't mind the idea of marrying her any longer.Since he is stubborn, nothing will stop him: Dada's mother, SW, his ex-fiance.

@hyall @xiashenghan As for Lee Jae In's family: I was totally wrong. I had thought, he was some illegitimate son. So his grandfather had three children, 2 sons and a daughter. The younger son decided to drop everything (his own family and the company) for a woman, therefore Lee Kyu Chul cut ties with him. Lee Jae In was the son of TH's younger uncle. the one who abandoned him and his mother. So Lee Jae In's mother got remarried later but Lee Kyu Chul still considered her as a relative. That's why for Lee Jae In, she is officially his aunt. So when Lee Jae In's cousin (the son of LKC's eldest son) died, Lee Jae In got adopted by his biological uncle. So his official mother is actually his aunt, while his legal aunt is his biological mother. 

15 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Sun Woo betrayed DaDa and his sister:angry:. He revealed the identity of her boyfriend to her mother so that the latter decides to move in to make sure that the chaebol doesn't take advantage of her daughter. As for Lee Jae In, he will be forced to confess his feelings for her as DaDa keeps saying that it is just a business transaction. Lee Jae In really would like to be her boyfriend and he doesn't mind the idea of marrying her any longer.Since he is stubborn, nothing will stop him: Dada's mother, SW, his ex-fiance.

@hyall @xiashenghan  As for Lee Jae In's family: I was totally wrong. I had thought, he was some illegitimate son. So his grandfather had three children, 2 sons and a daughter. The younger son decided to drop everything (his own family and the company) for a woman, therefore Lee Kyu Chul cut ties with him. Lee Jae In was the son of TH's younger uncle. the one who abandoned him and his mother. So Lee Jae In's mother got remarried later but Lee Kyu Chul still considered her as a relative. That's why for Lee Jae In, she is officially his aunt. So when Lee Jae In's cousin (the son of LKC's eldest son) died, Lee Jae In got adopted by his biological uncle. So his official mother is actually his aunt, while his legal aunt is his biological mother. 

SW is jealous...he wants DaDa and didn't hear his sister that he's too late :angry:

Well since from his side there won't be a problem there must be from hers it seems...but you r right chingu it won't stop our stubborn guy :D

@xiashenghan I am quite sure that Dada's mother will change quickly her mind because Lee will introduce himself to her. The reason why Dada can't meet Lee Jae In is because her mother is visiting her!! 

SW got what he deserved: she had a crush for him for a long time, but back then, he was a player pink cat!! He is definitely too late, moreover the fact that he used Dada's mother to attempt to break the relationship proves to me that he really considers Lee Jae In as dangerous. Desperate situation, desperate measures rice ball but it won't help him in the end. I am quite sure, Lee Jae In will be able to impress DaDa's mother. Fact is that Dada's flat will be robbed and she will spend the night at his appartement (preview). That's why I believe, the mother will leave her before this happens. The mother will accept Lee JAe In as son-in-law. Why? The fact that DaDa could inherit a fortune by marrying Lee Jae In could be the reason why the mother immediately accepts Lee Jae In. Who wouldn't like to have a rich daughter?   leaf

So I had to watch episode 7 with subs and give up my sleep.

24 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@hyall @xiashenghan As for Lee Jae In's family: I was totally wrong. I had thought, he was some illegitimate son. So his grandfather had three children, 2 sons and a daughter. The younger son decided to drop everything (his own family and the company) for a woman, therefore Lee Kyu Chul cut ties with him. Lee Jae In was the son of TH's younger uncle. the one who abandoned him and his mother. So Lee Jae In's mother got remarried later but Lee Kyu Chul still considered her as a relative. That's why for Lee Jae In, she is officially his aunt. So when Lee Jae In's cousin (the son of LKC's eldest son) died, Lee Jae In got adopted by his biological uncle. So his official mother is actually his aunt, while his legal aunt is his biological mother. 

Thank you @bebebisous33 eonnie for clarifying that. So Lee Gyu Chul has three children: Jae In's legal dad, Tae Ha's mom and Jae In's biological dad? So that means he's not an illegitimate son then. He was adopted to his legal family when his cousin died. Which would have been the heir if he was still alive since he was older than Jae In.

That was why Tae Ha's mom said that even if Jae In was not adopted into his current family, he will still be considered as an heir and grandpa will bring him back. So that person they were talking about that abandoned his family and was shunned by grandpa is Jae In's biological dad? So that makes sense that Jae In was still the rightful heir to grandpas fortune then. And when he said to Tae Ha that at least from the moment he was born up until the moment he was living as Lee Jae In and not as somebody.

Could it be the date he put in their contract as his birthday is the day he was adopted or something? Because he said to his mother during their phone call was,

"Mother, apparently today is my birthday."

I remember seeing in episode 3 that his birthday was June 26 not July 26 which was the date they celebrated it.

Sun Woo ahjussi (Jae In liked it when she called Sun Woo, ahjussi) sounds like trouble. From the preview, I think DaDa's mom wanted to meet Jae In?

Ex-fiancee sounds like trouble as well. I guess she can't let go of the idea that Jae In rejected her. Haha! I love how Jae In doesn't give a thought about her. How he looks that she's wasting his precious time whenever she shows up.

15 minutes ago, hyall said:

@bebebisous33 ahh okay now I understand the relationship thanks for clarifying. Also Tae Ha has a different surname since he has his father's name.

That's why Tae Ha's mom was reminding him that the only difference he has with Jae In was the surname. Since the one connect to grandpa is his mother.

1 minute ago, jellybellymonster said:

Tae Ha's parents are so toxic. All they care about is the inheritance. Do they even see Tae Ha as a person? I wish he would listen to Jae In and try to make it on his own and stop being his parents pawn. And also I don't want our OTP to suffer due to their manipulations. :)

I still don't know if I should feel bad for Tae Ha or not. But so far he hasn't done anything that would harm our main OTP except for tailing Da Hyun and sort of making a move on her but was immediately shut down by her.

His parents are set on the inheritance and it makes Tae Ha so pitiful. Like what you said, they only see Tae Ha as a pawn to get grandpas fortune.

There was a scene in one episode where Tae Ha was mumbling if his father ever sees him as his son or something like that. Maybe that's why Tae Ha is somewhat like a loser or something. He just keeps on following the orders of his parents and that's why Jae In doesn't see him as a competition.

Jae In told him to get out of his father's grasp for him to see Tae Ha as competition. Ah that could be also the reference Jae In was telling Tae Ha in the earlier episodes that he hasn't seen someone to take care of his own household and Tae Ha telling him that he was the one in charge of SH Mall. Jae In knows that every move Tae Ha does is as per his father's instruction.

28 minutes ago, xiashenghan said:

There was a scene in one episode where Tae Ha was mumbling if his father ever sees him as his son or something like that. Maybe that's why Tae Ha is somewhat like a loser or something. He just keeps on following the orders of his parents and that's why Jae In doesn't see him as a competition.

I do feel bad for Tae Ha because he does appear like a loser. He has not shown anything yet, skills wise. Jae In wiped the floor with him in each of their encounters. His attempts to discover what's the deal with DaDa are pretty pathetic really. 

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

However the twist ... JaeIn IS now the oldest Grandson.
Legal.
I am glad he told DaDa, that his birthday was also his cousins death day (he said "my older brother, who is actually my older cousin")
Just because he is adopted does not mean he "of the wrong side of the bed"  ... TH is just the son of the daughter ... old fashion, but still, even if he was the better and older cousin, he still does not carry the family name on.

A friend of mine told me once that her daughters are not as valued by their Grandfather as her brothers children, as they two would not carry on the family name (really truly his reason). In Luxembourg a woman keeps her maiden name, so she won't change to Smith after marriage if her maiden was Duffy. Children were given (tell 11 years ago) automaticly the surname of the father, so no chance to take the torch on ....
Korea has the same system (don't know about other countries), so the mom can be called Lee, while all the family is named Kim ... 

So, whoever is the legal oldest with the "better" surname will be on the No.1 Spot :/

Ah ... I feel like JI does sort-of recognize THs skills, but as he is way to much under the thumb of his parents he can't shine for himself and as JI wants to shine for himself, he would rather recognize his cousin under such a light, than thru the backhand business of his aunt and uncle
the day TH steps out of the shadow of his parents will be the day JI sees him as true opponent

Me thinks 

1% of anything is a sentimental favorite kdrama of mine for two reasons (1) it was my first kdrama that I watched close to 10 years ago and (2) I became a soompi member because of this drama – time really flies.  As a matter of fact being the modern person that I am the first post I made was about too much innocence of the show for that time, the absence of the talk and use of birth control & I think dating in kdrama as a newbie I posted it in the wrong location.  What I have found somewhat surprising with the remake is that I actually like it more than the original.  What the writer has done is made some improvements to the lead characters focusing more on them, less interference from the elders and giving it a modern and in a way realistic twist.  Yes Dada was old fashioned in this one but she lives on her own, has her own life, is independent of her parents though she loves them and matches Jae In better in terms of handling his temper and bringing some sense of normalcy/balance to his life which is very important to him.  Jae In also lives on his own and is independent, what he does for Dada is make her more than just a teacher but sees & treats her as a woman.  I like the fact that the dating component is not tamed per se as to what it entails and it is stated.  I’ll deal with the tolerable pecks for now as it’s an intro, new for her but am hoping for something more intense, substantial & real couple like later.

As for the second couple which has not yet been brought to focus here, although I liked them in the original I do not mind that the writer decided to tone back the connections.  In that I also like this Hyun Jin more than the original as she is confident, strong, perceptive and in your face which is a suitable match for this Tae Ha because he is reserved and seem to be under the thumbs of his parents especially when it comes to SH group as such she can handle his parents, she does not care as she is rich herself, the original needed a protector which was okay at the time.  It round about play this time as Tae Ha needs someone to rescue him from his family. In some way she switch the personalities of the 2nd leads, so if their romance starts late I’m fine with that because at the end of the drama you know there is the start of something there.  However, I want them to meet very soon as we are halfway in the drama. They also gave her the brother who is a doctor instead of Dada which is a bit interesting, he was closer to her in the original and in the end they set it up that he had a story line with a single mom.  As for Sun Woo he is an okay guy but lost Dada when he saw Jae In put his hand around her shoulders declaring that he is her man and no matter what the relationship of the past he is now an outsider which explains why he is now indirectly interfering through her mother. Hyun Jin being the perceptive one and meeting Jae In for the first time stated he already lost especially when he complained about Dada looking ‘sexy’ he only wants that look for him hence the gift and he somewhat likes her friend because of the peace gift.

I looked for the definition of possessiveness, from Oxford dictionary it means – demanding someone’s total attention and love (b) showing an unwillingness to share one’s possessions.

In an earlier post someone mentioned the webdrama “Noble my love” which I watched twice and compared both male leads in terms of possessiveness.  The first time it appeared the hero in his possessiveness seemed a bit cute the second time it became a total turn off the reason why I am saying this is because throughout most of this drama the hero did everything manipulative in order for the heroine to surrender and do what he wanted, she always say no in the start after that he does whatever it takes to make her change her mind that becomes a total turn off after a while when she does.  In this drama Jae In is so not like the hero in Noble my love, yes he possessive but not to the point that it’s totally scary nor is he extremely manipulative, due to how special Dada has become he likes her attention & special look for him only, he can tolerate other guys but only in a platonic form to a certain point.  He does want her full attention on him but it’s not to the point of excluding every and all else. The other guy, he was a bit too much, so although he got the girl in the end I realize that it would have been more interesting if he did not win too much nor was scary/manipulative possessive.

Back to the drama - Dada through her actions is actually training Jae In to be a more decent person and he is liking her more and more.  She is also falling for him but to prevent herself from becoming more “in love” she brings up the contract at times & no marriage between them as a form of defense mechanism to remind herself that it’s for 6 months only and they did not like each other nor wanted marriage.   For Jae In, I think he wants to tear up that contract now he is really into her but by being reminded of that contract he is mentally kicking himself as to how things have grown and backfired on him. The contract is a noose for Jae In and a security blanket for Dada not to fall in love with Jae In, she has not realized that Jae In is now fully into her & the relationship and it’s no longer a contract for him. From Dada's talk to her mom they have been dating for 3 months now, mid point. From his response today in the talk of marriage you see he is thinking of marrying her now. As for the time of the show between 30-40 minutes for the most part I like that because you do not get fillers and the story flows, there are no wasted scenes. 

After watching this episode with the mall scene it was like Jae In – 1, Tae Ha – 0, I was mentally saying to Dada that Jae In would have been so proud that you announced having a boyfriend & turned down a man. At the hotel it was like Dada – 1, Ex-fiancé – 0.  I am wondering if they plan to bring the scene in which Dada met the ex-fiancé/girlfriend who was a threat in the relationship at that time, she confronted Dada brought up all that she could do for Jae In and ask Dada what can she do – Da Hyun’s response was give him a normal life which literally shut the other girl up completely.

It’s interesting to note from the preview the mother’s reaction to finding out that Jae In is rich – "break up with him", which is a big minus for Jae In not a plus!! Not I am so happy that my daughter has nabbed a chaebol. In a way it explains why Dada brought up the contract, which he hates.

Gone for now and looking forward to the next episode.                         

I feel like i'm focusing this drama only to see how they are dating each other....

in this version, Tae Ha didn't know Hyun Jin first, although i hope they will eventually ended up together...

JI's 2016 version is quite different than 2003 version....

He is so in love with dada, see all those smiles...

23ylOx.jpg

Haihhhh... I feel so full today...

Han Seok Jin... You Are The Best!!!

Sorry if i double posted someone...

Looks like the woman had a lil crushed on him... 

These are the ratings so far for the drama as mentioned on DramaWiki. I'm glad the ratings have gone up from last week. ^^ (Pretty good for a cable channel drama.)

Date Episode Subtitle Nationwide (%)
2016-10-05 01 From Destiny to Fate, 1 Percent Chance of Love -
2016-10-06 02 Match Point. I Don't Play Losing Games 0.529
2016-10-12 03 A Problematic Man; 'This is cheating, you know.' 0.713
2016-10-13 04 Business Relationship; 'You'd Better Not Fall For Me!' 0.766
2016-10-19 05 Just Like Everyone Else; 'Starting To Do Things I've Never Done' 0.624
2016-10-20 06 Spending Time Together In Our Busy Lives 0.826
2016-10-26 07 The Meaning of a Gift From a Mere Memory to a Treasured One 1.287

2 hours ago, naritul said:

Looks like the woman had a lil crushed on him.

It might look kind of weird that Ha Suk Jin didn't have much reaction whenever Jeon So Min praised him and cooed about their relationship on set. Now, I see more and more why people call him arrogant and aloof. I don't know what is he like in real person but the persona he displays is not the type which will win him fans. I doubt it's due to ignorance because he's been in this industry for a good number of years. It could just be his choice and one that he makes knowingly. Some celebrities are very good at ingratiating themselves with the public and fans. In romance dramas, I've seen actors who were obviously encouraging 'shippers'. It's all to drum up interest and viewership. 

Jeon So Min on the other hand is very candid and taking the words out of Suk Jin's mouth, I think she's pretty much the same in real life as she is on screen. 

Ha Suk Jin could also be more weary about saying or showing too much affection for his co-star. In the project, D-Day, before this drama, he was rumored to be dating his co-star even before the show started. All because of something he said during the drama's Press Conference.  

It is such a heart-warming drama, really, I appreciate all of the people who make this drama, especially the director and actors. The story line is fast, but it success to make it not-nonsense, I'll give 9.8 over 10 :)  

I've watched ep.7 for about 3 times or more, and the more I'm looking deeply into it, the more I feel sad. I realize that soon it'll end up to the 16th episode. The drama deserves more time and more attention, but I know because of it came from cable tv, some issues like cutting the budget by shortening drama is quite obvious. I really love Jeon So-min and Ha Seok-jin together, but somehow I've must aware that they do their job professionally and (maybe) not put it in their real life....

Another reason that makes me sad is that I also aware that this thread will end up (?) after the drama end :(It would be nice if there is Soompi forum for both main actors so people can still shared their thought about them, despite of the end of drama :( 

Ah, and recently, I've checked iHQ Youtube Channel and full ep.7 has been deleted, I'm suspicious that they won't publish the full video for 8th episode this night the same way like yesterday :( 

And deeply from my heart, I'd like to thank to everyone in here. Thank you so much for all of your sharing in here, I feel like in the kind-nuance forum :) 

14 minutes ago, mrdimples said:

It might look kind of weird that Ha Suk Jin didn't have much reaction whenever Jeon So Min praised him and cooed about their relationship on set. Now, I see more and more why people call him arrogant and aloof. I don't know what is he like in real person but the persona he displays is not the type which will win him fans. I doubt it's due to ignorance because he's been in this industry for a good number of years. It could just be his choice and one that he makes knowingly. Some celebrities are very good at ingratiating themselves with the public and fans. In romance dramas, I've seen actors who were obviously encouraging 'shippers'. It's all to drum up interest and viewership. 

Jeon So Min on the other hand is very candid and taking the words out of Suk Jin's mouth, I think she's pretty much the same in real life as she is on screen. 

Ha Suk Jin could also be more weary about saying or showing too much affection for his co-star. In the project, D-Day, before this drama, he was rumored to be dating his co-star even before the show started. All because of something he said during the drama's Press Conference.  

In the first place I also think that HSJ's personality is too 'cold' when I've watched that press conference like 4 days ago, but then I watched another behind the scene and reality program that he came as a guest, but his personality is normal and bright, but ya he is really serious and somehow I'm scared by him (but it might be just my judgment hehe). He is much closer to his co-star in Drinking Solo and showed his warmness more to her,  and I'm sad that he is not doing the same way with JSM in press conference :(. But it is his choice and I shouldn't make prejudice about him

And for JSM, I've watched some of her video and her personality is really kind and brightful :) and also she already beautiful since birth, you can check it in Happy Together. Some of her child-time photos prove it  ^^

Archived