[Drama 2016] 1% of Anything 1%의 어떤것

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

During the press conference (I'm a halmoni whose IT skill isnt good enough to post videos etc), HA SUK JIN mentioned he was "in love" all the while during their 2 months of  pre production shoot. I can see that as he looks totally smitten by her (the preview showing his birthday celebration with Dada & at his house). 

JSM (Dada) mentioned that she misses Jae In who took good care of her. I suppose she must be referring to their married life as in the original version, Jae In did change and became a very caring hubby. Oh, I just cant wait to see these 2 LOVEBIRDS and their skinship! With cable, we should be able to see more skinship!:blush:

OMO! I'm fainting with the amount of CUTENESS OVERLOAD in ep 7. I've rewatched the raw like 5 times already. The subbed one wasnt syncronised properly. Hope it is fixed soon.

HSJ or JI & his Lovelorn Look!:heart: My old heart cant really take it! About HSJ, coincidentally he and Kang Dong Won from the original are both mechanical engineering graduates from Hanyang Uni. KDW maybe slightly older or about the same age. I find that HSJ sometimes resembles KDW at certain angles! I love both! Hehe!

I have to disagree with someone's post here that DADA's mum will be happy to know that JI is a Chaebol. In fact her parents weren't happy with his status in the original and in this version, Dada mentioned her mum doesnt like a chaebol.

From what I see, HSJ was acting "cool" during the presscon, he was trying to keep his composure. On the contrary, JSM was "free" and seemed more laid back. They would make a perfect couple, actually.. (shippers alert activated :sweatingbullets:)

Well, the complication in Jae In's birth mistery finally revealed. He's been raised by his aunt whom he calls mom, and calling aunt to his birth mother. It's a bittersweet birthday for Jae in for it will always remind him of a tragedy in his family. His touched look breaks my heart a lil' bit. He's happy but kinda thoughtful whether celebrating would be fair to his mum. 

Changes in Jae In start to surface bit by bit, he's still the same blunt guy but more considerate of others whom he cares about. I really want to see how Jae In & Dada finally acknowledge their truest feeling and say.."screw the contract, let's love each other for real!"

Thank you everyone who delurks for this drama, the more the merrier!

@gladys57 I just checked, it seems like the subs are okay now. You should watch it with subs if you haven't done so already. ^^

-----

So far, I'm enjoying this remake a lot. I do vaguely remember watching the original when it came out, but I was 13 years old at the time, so I don't remember much lol. But from what I do remember, I feel like since the writer for the remake is the same writer for the original, I feel like they've improved the story in the remake. ^^ It's also nice to see how the actors/actresses have acted their characters in comparison to the original~ Also, it's nice to watch this after finishing Drinking Solo lol.

----

@zae91 Ah, I guess that's the longer preview for Ep 9-10 (Ep 17-20 on Oksusu). Thanks for sharing. ^^

10 hours ago, xiashenghan said:

You mean the scene where Hyun Jin told Da Hyun to sleep with Jae In and use contraceptives? It was in episode 5 when she visited Da Hyun early in the morning.

Yep, that's the scene I was referring to. Thanks for finding/knowing the episode!

16 minutes ago, dollh said:

Yep, that's the scene I was referring to. Thanks for finding/knowing the episode!

No worries chingu. I'm always browsing through the drama if I have time. I'm trying to memorize everything because I love it that much. Haha!

Me and my obsession with this drama. Cannot wait for the episode tonight. 

Waaaaah ... fight fight ... but I bet JI will put that woman harsh and short into place and explain to DaDa, surely not until there will be a break ... maybe that is the time from  the one teaser were JI sits at home remembering and crying (I always throught that was at the end of the contracted relationship thought)

19 minutes ago, gladys57 said:

Am I the ONLY ONE who notices that it's now DADA's turn to grab JAE IN's wrist? She'd been doing it a few times already. Loving it so much!:wub:

I'm also loving it and he just let her grab and lead him. I love how he become childish when he's with her.

And their joke that he cannot bear to be injured when they skate because he's old is pretty funny. Love how they keep on mentioning that he's old and she's still young. Haha!

It's making me wonder what will happen if Jae In finallt meets Ji Soo in person and DaDa being friendly with Ji Soo-ya. I can sense jealousy already. 

19 minutes ago, itzibitzispider said:

Waaaaah ... fight fight ... but I bet JI will put that woman harsh and short into place and explain to DaDa, surely not until there will be a break ... maybe that is the time from  the one teaser were JI sits at home remembering and crying (I always throught that was at the end of the contracted relationship thought)

That was my hunch as well. That preview scene where he was crying and looking at the photos they took when they celebrated his birthday was because they broke up.

They're already seeing each other for 3 months. Already halfway there. 

Oh my oh my.....I didn't expect how a drama like this would affect my mood so much. 

I watched ep 7 raw last night and watching with subs this morning just left a much deeper impact. I was smiling and squeeing like a schoolgirl with a crush but seriously, Jae In made my heart turned into pulp. He's such a sad sad character. 

Tae Ha's words grated on Jae In more than he let on. It kind of sums up his situation - he has been living someone else's life. Abandoned by his father and then by his mother, he became the substitute for his dead cousin. What a terrible childhood! Although his adoptive mother was a good person and love him in a sense, she must have been too bereaved over her loss to give him the affection and love he needed. Jae In never got to celebrate his birthday for 23 years. It was as if the real Jae In died and was forgotten. No one celebrated his birthday or his existence. This might explain why he works so hard to be his own person. He needs someone who loves him as Lee Jae In. Not as the grandson heir apparent to SH Group or as his cousin's substitute. 

It was sweet but very gut wrenching to see how much Jae In really craves love and care beneath that cold and stoic exterior. Throughout this episode, I was mesmerized by Ha Suk Jin's minute expressions as Jae In's reacted to Dada. Such beautiful and nuanced acting from HSJ! He made me want to hug Jae In and tell him that he's worthy of love. 

2 hours ago, gladys57 said:

Am I the ONLY ONE who notices that it's now DADA's turn to grab JAE IN's wrist? She'd been doing it a few times already. Loving it so much!:wub:

Yes @gladys57  I also noticed it, I found this episode just cutness overload, Not only do she tugs as Jaein heart but she awake old memories and leave memorable new ones.. Dada actually have Jaein contemplating marriage, I know he was thinking in that bar what marriage would be like with her she's someone that knows how to complament him as well as scold him and yet his money or how much money he has is still far from what she thinks she has never calculated how to marry this rich man like most of the golddiggers and all she cares about is ending there contract and take your money with you.. Just love it I want to see how he convience her to marry him because money isn't his strong point here and it's not going to work on her..  Dada made Jaein felt nothing but goodness from her in yesterdays episode from being blamed to stealing someone elses life to being stubbornly stupid to do something like that.. 

I found his cousin utterly ridiculous but he's so easily readable by Jaein and read his rights by Jaein (OUCH) it had to sting and hurt and yet I thought his retaliation would be to try and hit on the girl Jaein likes.. I think this is something he has always done because he seemed to confident in himself but Dada kindly rejecting his dinner offer or giving out her phone # to him wasn't something he expected to happen.. I guess he thought being handsome charming will work on her.. So not going to happen,,

Now I must call on my confident Chingu @bebebisous33 Because it's something I don't understand and maybe you or someone else could help me out.. Didn't Jaein uncle strike some kind of deal with his Ex-girlfriend father.. I'm thinking he plans to try and marry his son to her but I think she has figured something is up because she's hounding and stalking Jaein to hard for her just to want to get back with him when both he or she have no thoughts of loving each other in there hearts all she tells him is they wasn't so bad when they was together..  So just like in the original uncle will make a big slip and her dad will try and take over the shopping mall oir something worse and the Ex will try and use it as leverage to get what she wants because she don't want to be branded in there society social circle of sleeping with one cousin and marrying the other she sure would be known as the rich tramp..

Also Jaein relation I'm really confused I thought Dada memoroable impression on Jaein gave him enough confidence to call his adopted mom and thank her for raising him I know it was originally her sons B-day but his touching phone call brought tears to my eues as he told her thanks for raising him as if it's something her on son would have told her.. But help me to understand kind of confused about Jaein relation to that family because he supposedly to be his so called dead brother Lil brother and then his cousin.. Just who is Jaein all he knows he was born Lee Jae In..

Oh Yea @gladys57  Forgot to mention have you noticed how touchy feely Dada is with Jaein now openly giving him a kiss falling all over him while roller blading just cutness overload.. I so look forward to this one every week..   

1 hour ago, mrdimples said:

It was sweet but very gut wrenching to see how much Jae In really craves love and care beneath that cold and stoic exterior. Throughout this episode, I was mesmerized by Ha Suk Jin's minute expressions as Jae In's reacted to Dada. Such beautiful and nuanced acting from HSJ! He made me want to hug Jae In and tell him that he's worthy of love. 

I'm really appreciating HSJ's acting. Such a shame I only came across him now. Much the same with Drinking Solo, in the hands of another actor, JS would be an unredeemable jerkface. In 1% of Anything, the character of JI runs the risk of being just a one-dimensional greedy chaebol. But HSJ is able to play these characters with toughness and at the same time he is able to tug your heart in quiet moments. You just root for him!

3 minutes ago, valsava said:

Now I must call on my confident Chingu @bebebisous33 Because it's something I don't understand and maybe you or someone else could help me out.. Didn't Jaein uncle strike some kind of deal with his Ex-girlfriend father..

Oh I didn't put two and two together with Han Joo Chemicals and Chairman Han in a previous episode. Jae In's uncle is really really shady!

Has it been mentioned before where Jae In's bio dad is? I'm not sure if he died. Jae In's aunt mentioned in Ep 7 that she no longer has older brothers.

1 hour ago, mrdimples said:

Tae Ha's words grated on Jae In more than he let on. It kind of sums up his situation - he has been living someone else's life. Abandoned by his father and then by his mother, he became the substitute for his dead cousin. What a terrible childhood! Although his adoptive mother was a good person and love him in a sense, she must have been too bereaved over her loss to give him the affection and love he needed. Jae In never got to celebrate his birthday for 23 years. It was as if the real Jae In died and was forgotten. No one celebrated his birthday or his existence. This might explain why he works so hard to be his own person. He needs someone who loves him as Lee Jae In. Not as the grandson heir apparent to SH Group or as his cousin's substitute. 

@mrdimples  Thank you because I was actually confused as to whats going on and just still a lil bit.. This explain some of my thoughts but I'm still questioning is Lee Jaein even related to the chairman..?   

2 minutes ago, jellybellymonster said:
19 minutes ago, valsava said:

Now I must call on my confident Chingu @bebebisous33 Because it's something I don't understand and maybe you or someone else could help me out.. Didn't Jaein uncle strike some kind of deal with his Ex-girlfriend father..

Oh I didn't put two and two together with Han Joo Chemicals and Chairman Han in a previous episode. Jae In's uncle is really really shady!

Has it been mentioned before where Jae In's bio dad is? I'm not sure if he died. Jae In's aunt mentioned in Ep 7 that she no longer has older brothers.

@jellybellymonster  Now you see why I'm so confused I thought they was at Jaein dads furneral.. Now I'm also  questioning is the man dead or not 

3 minutes ago, valsava said:

but I'm still questioning is Lee Jaein even related to the chairman..?   

@valsava Yeah he is. Chairman has three children - 2 sons and 1 daughter. The woman he calls mother now is wife of the older brother. When their son (JIs cousin) died, he was legally adopted into their family. That's why his cousin is now legally his older brother. JI's bio dad was cast aside by the chairman when he married JI's bio mom. So when JI got adopted, his bio mom became his aunt. That's why he's referring to her in episode 5 as aunt.

This is what I understood from yesterday's episode. Please correct me if I am wrong.

4 minutes ago, jellybellymonster said:

@valsava Yeah he is. Chairman has three children - 2 sons and 1 daughter. The woman he calls mother now is wife of the older brother. When their son (JIs cousin) died, he was legally adopted into their family. That's why his cousin is now legally his older brother. JI's bio dad was cast aside by the chairman when he married JI's bio mom. So when JI got adopted, his bio mom became his aunt. That's why he's referring to her in episode 5 as aunt.

This is what I understood from yesterday's episode. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Yeah, that's pretty much how I understood it, too. Although it took me a while to not get confused lol.

1 minute ago, jellybellymonster said:

No, in my opinion Lee Jae In's father abandoned him and his mother for another woman, therefore the grandfather cut ties with him, but not with Lee Jae In and his mother. The latter could remarry and remain as a relative (aunt), while Lee Jae In was adopted by his uncle and wife who had just lost their own son.

On the other hand, I didn't notice the connection between the ex-fiance and the moves from TH's father. TH needs to free himself from his parents and LJI is right in this. TH was pretty mean, when he said that LJI was living someone else's life. LJI never asked for it. He has definitely abandonment issues:

- his father left him

- his own mother remarry

- then his adoptive father (biological uncle) died

- his cousin dies and from that moment, he never celebrate his own birthday

- his adoptive mother loves LJI, but she can never forget her dead son

As conclusion, LJI has always been on his own, noone to really show care and love!

I hope, the breakup won't last long (within an episode resolved)

Archived