[Drama 2017] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 힘쎈여자 도봉순

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Visually-wandering said:

@triplem aigooo chingu. Look how our soul found each other. ^__^. Me also been waiting for this, just finally drop a post after the cute ep0 clips. I never paid attention on the broadcast time slot until u mentioned it will be on weekend too. How can I managed my self to follow this? *Nervous

Lol!! I understand the problem. I  will have too many dramas ..but :heart: will find a way. Just need to use more mask for my panda eyes, since I will hv to sacrifice some sleep. 

Still watching all of your gifs and stills, gosh, I really want to wait until the subbed version of ep0 releases.

Still a week left before this gem finally airs, I need footage. :bawling:

tumblr_oh9k4xejlF1vfh44co2_500.gif

19 hours ago, Miky88 said:

Got home some moments ago and saw that there is a warming episode for us,to say so,did i see right or HyungShik is dressed as a girl?:lol:

It is not the first time that HyungShik dressed as a girl.

He cross-dressed before at ZE:A's concert tour. ^_^

And in Idol League (2010, year ZE:A debut)

12 hours ago, Amanda_HS said:

cr weibo

Ep 0 rating 

JTBC is no TVN. 3% might be a little difficult to reach but lets hope for the best. 

First of all, I don't think that that ratings of a special airing before the actual premiere is a reliable indicator of the final ratings of a drama. The truth is that 3 % are rather pretty high ratings for a cable TV. I remember back in 2011-2012 when breaking the 1% mark was a huge success and how huge it was when Flower Boy Ramyun Shop and Queen In Hyun's Man managed to do that. jTBC's biggest success as far as I know has been Secret Love Affair which broke the 5% mark. I think that the general perception of what is a success for a cable drama has been distorted by the success of tvN's dramas Goblin, Signal and the Reply series which managed to score 10-20%. The truth is that those are rare exceptions - much more "regular" high ratings are in the 3-6% range. You just need to look at the ratings of Goblin's follow-up drama Tomorrow with You:

Spoiler

XHJzQru.jpg

Plus there is the important detail that all those shows were aired in the 20:00 or 20:30 timeslot which generally has much higher ratings even on non-cable stations like SBS, KBS or MBC. The thing is that basically all cable dramas air in the 23:00 which is rather late and therefore it's much more difficult to score good ratings. jTBC had ratings in the 2% range when they aired dramas in the 20:30 timeslot; their previous drama aired in the 23:00 timeslot and scored 0,7-1,5% ratings; so I guess reaching 3 % would be considered a big success by them. Yesterday, when SWDBS Episode 0 was airing, SWDBS was the Nr.2 spot in the most searched dramas and that was only a special episode so it's clear that the knetizens are very much interested in the drama.

lZxsFVA.jpg

4 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

Looks like the previews are pointing suspicion to  Ahn Min Hyuk (PHS) as the serial killer - note his appearance in black hoodie. Of course, I am sure he is not, just maybe at one point of the drama, he will be suspected.

I noticed that too while watching the clips from Episode 0... Sulma, Ahn Min Huk is the serial killer...Maybe they'll go the Let's Eat route how the character was a suspect, but actually isn't.

Some articles: 

Park Seo Joon And Nam Joo Hyuk Ask Hilarious Questions To Their Friends Park Hyung Sik And Ji Soo For Their New Drama

In a preview teaser for “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon,” the cast of the new JTBC drama gave a short but sweet interview to promote the show.

As part of the segment, they took questions from their friends and former co-stars Park Seo Joon (who starred with Park Hyung Sik in “Hwarang“) and Nam Joo Hyuk, a co-star (“Scarlet Heart: Goryeo“) and close friend of Ji Soo.

park seo joon

Park Seo Joon, in more of a joking attack than a real question, said, “From a chaebol heir to a king, Hyung Sik only takes on well-to-do roles. Personally, I’ll admit it’s true, but do you take on roles like that because you think you’re well-off too? Or is there another reason?”

Flustered, Park Hyung Sik protested, “I didn’t take on roles like that on purpose,” but the rest of the cast and the interviewers teased him, saying he looked like he was from the famously wealthy Gangnam district.

nam joo hyuk

Spoiler

park bo young

Nam Joo Hyuk’s video message to Ji Soo was as adorable as it could get, since he showed up with two puppies in his arms! He asked Ji Soo, “Did you ever have a moment where your heart fluttered because of your new co-stars? And if you did – when, where, what, why, how?”

He added mock-threateningly, “You said you would do a bromance movie with me, but lately you’ve completely fallen for Park Hyung Sik and haven’t been contacting me often. Based on your reply, we may cut off contact entirely.”

Spoiler

park bo young strong woman do bong soon

Ji Soo picked Park Bo Young looking at him lovingly as a time when he felt flutters in his heart. Park Hyung Sik commented, “She never looks at me like that.”

Spoiler

park hyung sik ji soo

As for Park Hyung Sik, Ji Soo said that when his older co-star took care of him, he was moved.

cr: https://www.soompi.com/2017/02/18/park-seo-joon-nam-joo-hyuk-ask-hilarious-questions-friends-park-hyung-sik-ji-soo-new-drama/

Park Bo Young, Hyunsik and Ji Soo preview new drama 'Strong Woman Do Bong Soon'

With fans anticipating JTBC's upcoming drama 'Strong Woman Do Bong Soon', a special preview was prepared starring actors Park Bo Young, Hyungsik, and Ji Soo.

Park Bo Young commented in regards to the preview, "Park Hyung Sik and Ji Soo acted all cute during the shoot. I just stood there and watched."  Park Hyung Sik added, "It was a very fun atmosphere, and I take on the role of a happy character so I just kept on laughing."  

When MC Park Kyung Lim asked Park Bo Young, what she would do if he were to acquire Do Bongsoon's strong powers, the actress commented, "I would go around doing good deeds to strangers without being noticed."  Hyungsik replied, "I would like to create a team like the Avengers."

JTBC's new drama revolves around the story of Do Bong Soon who is an aspiring game developer. Park Hyung Sik plays the role of a game company CEO currently on the run when he hires Bong Soon as his personal bodyguard. Ji Soo takes on the character of an intense police officer who eventually becomes Bong Soon's love interest.

The preview featured both men cross-dressing as women, surprising the audience. It looks like the show will contain much bromance, thrilling scenes, and romance.

The first episode of 'Strong Woman Do Bong Soon' will be airing on February 24.

More: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/02/park-bo-young-hyunsik-and-ji-soo-preview-new-drama-strong-woman-do-bong-soon

Park Bo Young ❤ Park Hyung Sik in Strong Woman Do Bong Soo

2017021701001419100098391_99_20170216073603.jpg

Naver - TV Choson : Strong Woman Do Bong Soon, Park Bo Young ❤ Park Hyung Sik's back hug

1. [+1963, -38] Park Hyung Sik and Park Bo Youngㅠㅠ waiting for them ㅜㅜ

2. [+1746, -31] Wa. . Park Bo Young is so cute!! Park Hyung Sik is so handsome! Can't wait to see the chemistry between them

3. [+1383, -35] See their difference in bodies sizeㅠㅠ so heart fluttering ~

4. [+992, -36] Oh. . My heart is broken into pieces

5. [+767, -43] Ah. . So heart fluttering ㅜㅜㅜ

6. [+284, -19] Kyakㅜㅜ Their physical chemistry ㅜㅜ So pretty and so handsome

7. [+244, -18] Ah so sweet. Park Hyung Sik and Park Bo Young are so pretty

8. [+227, -20] Ah. . I reeeeeallly like Park Hyung Sik~

9. [+204, -19] I support Park Hyung Sik!!

10. [+181, -12] Park Hyung Sik is so cool, Park Bo Young is really cuteㅠㅠㅠㅠ can not wait!!

CR. Korean Neitizen blog

7 hours ago, uglypearl said:

I'm curious about the serial killer. Who will it be?

Our heroine is so strong and can surely beat him/her. 

Maybe he/she has some kind of extraordinary power could match BongSoon's ....

Or maybe this serial killer knows BongSoon's true weaknesses.

I was also thinking about this. You are right on how it must be someone special, since Bong Soon could physically beat pretty much anyone... except for those who also possess the same strength. I'm betting on your final thought, with something connecting this villain to DBS's weakness. I am interested to see whether the villain will be like the ones in superhero movies, or the ones in criminal genres. Depending on this, we might be able to make better guesses to how the villain actually is a potental threat etc.

7 hours ago, uglypearl said:

I'm curious about the serial killer. Who will it be?

Our heroine is so strong and can surely beat him/her. 

Maybe he/she has some kind of extraordinary power could match BongSoon's ....

Or maybe this serial killer knows BongSoon's true weaknesses.

I think that it isn't a mere coincidence that all the victims are women and that all the cases occur strictly in the Do Bong neighborhood. So it can be either an enemy with a super power of his/her own or one being aware of BS's weakness. As we all know there is a loophole to the BS's power but there is also the fact that her mom, evne though she is still strong (since she was a weighlighter the training would still make her strong I suppose), doesn't have the super power any longer, so it's possible that the ability leaves the mother and is given to the daughter when she is born or maybe it slowly disappears with age.

Finally, even if BS didn't have any weakness (AKA something like kryptonite) it seems that people are so excited to see the "role reversal" and a superpowerful female lead who will be physically stronger than the male lead, that they completely forget that physical strength alone cannot protect that person neither it's bulletproof. There are many ways how to hurt someone; even the most powerful heroes and legends weren't invulnerable, even gods could be killed. Every hero/heroine needs his/her girlfriday to survive. Of course, all we can do is to speculate, let's see how things will eventually turn out in the drama :-).

1 hour ago, briseis said:

I think that it isn't a mere coincidence that all the victims are women and that all the cases occur strictly in the Do Bong neighborhood. So it can be either an enemy with a super power of his/her own or one being aware of BS's weakness. As we all know there is a loophole to the BS's power but there is also the fact that her mom, evne though she is still strong (since she was a weighlighter the training would still make her strong I suppose), doesn't have the super power any longer, so it's possible that the ability leaves the mother and is given to the daughter when she is born or maybe it slowly disappears with age.

Finally, even if BS didn't have any weakness (AKA something like kryptonite) it seems that people are so excited to see the "role reversal" and a superpowerful female lead who will be physically stronger than the male lead, that they completely forget that physical strength alone cannot protect that person neither it's bulletproof. There are many ways how to hurt someone; even the most powerful heroes and legends weren't invulnerable, even gods could be killed. Every hero/heroine needs his/her girlfriday to survive. Of course, all we can do is to speculate, let's see how things will eventually turn out in the drama :-).

Well said. A weakness does certainly not have to be a physical one. We all carry weaknesses and I'm afraid there will be something to hurt the leads deeper than just physically. And good thing you mentioned the kidnapping events in DBS's neighborhood connecting it with our villain. I'm so bad at remembering all details and putting them together. I feel like one theory could be that the villain is trying to provoke DBS or simply just trying to find her among these women. Hmmm... Let's see how it turns out.

Archived