[Drama 2017] Strong Woman Do Bong Soon 힘쎈여자 도봉순

Go Seung Ji

11 hours ago, briseis said:

OMG! Does Min Hyuk invite Bong Soon  even to the torture that is the Ahn family dinner?! 

source: naver

owwww poor kid!! he really feels sad there!! :( good thing he have someone he feels good around by his side there!! 

11 hours ago, triplem said:

Omgeee!!  I can't wait for that scene. I can't believe that on this show we get to see the male leads cross dress. :lol: 

woo Hoo @jellybellymonster..let's spazz ! 

Anyway all the spazzing is making me hungry ..see you all later ...

Edit: hmmm , I'm suddenly reminded of this...I notice they eat alot on this show...

hhhhhhhhhh you're making me hangry too chingu!! yum yum hhhhhh

9 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Here is the teaser for ep 3.. MH will be shot tonight. Despite the seriousness of that scene the Bodyguard music is making me laugh so much. :D Wouldnt it be more hilarious if the movie that they were watching (from the cinema previous stills) was The Bodyguard HAHAHA!

hhhhhhhhhhhh thank you so much for the teaser chingu!! yes it's weired to laugh at such situation but I can't help but laugh!! :lol: 

on a serious note, I loved how Min Hyuk went to Bong Soon to bring her to safety with him not only caring for his safety but also hers and he even covered her which shows wha a caring person he is unlike his words of "my safety comes before yours" he said before!! 

9 hours ago, Earth2KatyD said:

@Era Ferawati @ferily @athena22 @sakura2016

What made our lovable and spunky heroine, Do Bong Soon cry (as seen in the preview) at the movie theater --

@turtle0217 I believe Park Hyung Sik's actual IG account is https://www.instagram.com/phs1116/ not @phss1116 (the one with PHS & PBY in the profile photo).

I gotta say -- This is a happening thread! Coming here takes watching "Strong Woman Do Bong Soon" to another level. I enjoy all the lively exchanges and appreciate everyone's input (love seeing the BTS clips and production stills!). Kamsahamnida, chingus! :)

12 more hours until episode 3 of SWDBS airs! I'm excited!!  dancing crazy rabbit

Fyi, the screenshot above is from this clip -- 

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thank you for the information chingu!! :lol: yes it's really sad!! :lol: 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

while waiting for today's episode let's enjoy some fanmade mv

Spoiler

@Ainee Etp about AMH'S FATHER in character list in jtbc website it is given something like former gangster... I couldn't help but start laughing at google translation 

Spoiler

오성그룹 회장. 한때 오양파1인자였던 깡패출신 기업인. 오성그룹을  민혁에게 물려주고 싶어하지만 민혁이 관심이 없자 늘 속상해하고 민혁의 게임회사를 우습게 아는데 생각보다 그 규모와 매출이 엄청난 것을 알고 아들을 인정한다.

google translation:

President of Oh sung group.A business man from a rouge who was once the no. 1 onion. I want to hand over Oh Sung group to Min hyuk but I'm always upset when he is not interested. 

I couldn't control my laughter guess google translator sometime even though goes wrong speaks truth..lol2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862512 pff2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862515pff1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862515uhuhuh-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286252

BTW are you going to do today's live recap??

Chingus 2h ish to go. So excited lol :D i cant sit still and kp glancing at the clock my watch my phone

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Haha. It's a nightmare for her either way, whether in reality or her dreams. 

--/--/--------

Chingus , this is a little out of topic , but has anyone watched My Love Eun Dong which was by this screenwriter & if you hv do let me know what you think about it. I find her take on the female characters rather fascinating. 

I did @triplem n honestly im surprise its from the same screenwriter. My love eundong is vy poignant n even heavy, even d k scenes r quite intense. Its a story that relays the love btwn otps in their teens 20s and 30s. I can say its memorable but not evyone cup of tea. I dont remember humour in it. Im so glad for the humour in Strong Woman DBS. Kudos to the screenwriter for exceeding herself and doing sth fresh.

I put in an mv in spoiler if u interested to have a look n hav a feel for the drama

Spoiler

40 minutes ago, sharreb said:

I did @triplem n honestly im surprise its from the same screenwriter. My love eundong is vy poignant n even heavy, even d k scenes r quite intense. Its a story that relays the love btwn otps in their teens 20s and 30s. I can say its memorable but not evyone cup of tea. I dont remember humour in it. Im so glad for the humour in Strong Woman DBS. Kudos to the screenwriter for exceeding herself and doing sth fresh.

I put in an mv in spoiler if u interested to have a look n hav a feel for the drama

Thanks @sharreb. Really appreciate your insight. I asked because I was reading about MLED and was surprised that the feel and the recaps given by the blog was that of a classic k-drama with all the usual tropes (but more polished) . So you are right in saying that this drama is quite different from her previous work. I watched the MV, definitely one of those that require you to bring out the tissues. So far in these 2 eps of this show, she seems like she is keen to break some stereotype in the female lead. 

6 hours ago, Ainee Etp said:

Oh Noooooo... not another poor-girl-meets-chaebol's father scene ? I thought MH's father has no control over him,cause he's successful on his own? Although the chaebol father looks more like king of gangster. :tongue:

don't worry for our girl!! she's no weak poor girl!! :wink:

1 hour ago, athena22 said:

@Ainee Etp about AMH'S FATHER in character list in jtbc website it is given something like former gangster... I couldn't help but start laughing at google translation 

Hide contents

오성그룹 회장. 한때 오양파1인자였던 깡패출신 기업인. 오성그룹을  민혁에게 물려주고 싶어하지만 민혁이 관심이 없자 늘 속상해하고 민혁의 게임회사를 우습게 아는데 생각보다 그 규모와 매출이 엄청난 것을 알고 아들을 인정한다.

google translation:

President of Oh sung group.A business man from a rouge who was once the no. 1 onion. I want to hand over Oh Sung group to Min hyuk but I'm always upset when he is not interested. 

I couldn't control my laughter guess google translator sometime even though goes wrong speaks truth..lol2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862512 pff2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862515pff1-onion-head-emoticon.gif?1292862515uhuhuh-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286252

BTW are you going to do today's live recap??

Hahahahah That's funny... No. 1 Onion?? :lol::blink:

Whatever Min Hyuk inherited - good looks and body are certainly not from father onion. :tongue:

Yup, going to camp here soon.

BTW did SWDBS changed time slot? Why is it listed in wikipedia as 8.30 korean time? Oh.. I think whoever wrote this must have typo error.  I almost have heart attack just now. :fearful:

Strong Woman Do Bong-soon (Hangul힘쎈여자 도봉순; RRHimssenyeoja Do Bong-soon) is a South Korean television series starring Park Bo-young in the title role as a woman with superhuman strength. It airs every Friday and Saturday on JTBC at 20:30 KST starting February 24, 2017.[1][2][3][4]

22 hours ago, Kasmic said:

WOW! this thread is moving so quick. Kekeke! so Im not sure if this making vid has been posted but I recall some was discussing about JiSoo and his cross dressing. I found this making vid rather funny- to dress like a female and even lap dance HAHAHA! kudos to you JiSoo

Ive fallen for him more... did anyone find it hard to concentrate on the subs or was it just me? :D

no it isn't just you chingu-deul @Kasmic! you know how i adore PHS! i see through the subs... only him now is relevant hahaha.

i will try to watch live, i hope I can. :)

F9GjEP6.gif&key=21a53afb7b51bde08606fe1a

credit to owner as posted by @Kasmic

43 minutes ago, nonski said:

no it isn't just you chingu-deul @Kasmic! you know how i adore PHS! i see through the subs... only him now is relevant hahaha.

i will try to watch live, i hope I can. :)

Chingu what app did you use for the gif? thank you and can I use it with cellphone/iPhone? sorry I'm not good with this :bawling:

26 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

Whatever Min Hyuk inherited - good looks and body are certainly not from father onion. :tongue:

BTW did SWDBS changed time slot? Why is it listed in wikipedia as 8.30 korean time? Oh.. I think whoever wrote this must have typo error.  I almost have heart attack just now. :fearful:

Strong Woman Do Bong-soon (Hangul힘쎈여자 도봉순; RRHimssenyeoja Do Bong-soon) is a South Korean television series starring Park Bo-young in the title role as a woman with superhuman strength. It airs every Friday and Saturday on JTBC at 20:30 KST starting February 24, 2017.[1][2][3][4]

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes I saw it now, it must be error! I saw the korean widikipedia and it's on 11 pm!! 

16 minutes ago, JackieOnTheRocks said:

Chingu what app did you use for the gif? thank you and can I use it with cellphone/iPhone? sorry I'm not good with this :bawling:

hello chingu-ya @JackieOnTheRocks Mian but this isn't my work and sorry for not putting credit to owner. :( i haven't done my gifsets for this drama yet.  I've been too busy and when I do , I am using Photoshop CS5 or CS6.

Omo literally counting down. First tym watch2 raw for SWDBS. Will b releshing not having to care about subs n stare at the pretty faces of our otps. I thk ive com across 2 comments here n on twitter that they couldnt concentrate on the subs because PHS handsome face is too distracting :D

Esp since i know sat i probably cant watch live.boo.. So tonyt im giving 101% lol :rolleyes: 

30 minutes ago, Ainee Etp said:

I realise last week that the wikipedia page was wrong. I usually chk dramawiki which listed the correct time slot

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Strong_Woman_Do_Bong_Soon

37 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

I rather enjoy Suran's music with Primary. Her voice is like a mash betweenGwen Stefani's and Zooey Deschannel's.

Looking forward to the new soundtrack! :)

Lol, when I read you I instantly started singing ♪ I'm manne-manne-mannequin !

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Thanks @sharreb. Really appreciate your insight. I asked because I was reading about MLED and was surprised that the feel and the recaps given by the blog was that of a classic k-drama with all the usual tropes (but more polished) . So you are right in saying that this drama is quite different from her previous work. I watched the MV, definitely one of those that require you to bring out the tissues. So far in these 2 eps of this show, she seems like she is keen to break some stereotype in the female lead. 

Ya agree with u. I thk shes already breaking the stereotype with both BS and MH character 

6 minutes ago, sebastian27 said:

Has it started? Episode 3?

Still advert but starting soon. I saw PBY holding a baseball jersey.

Archived