[Daily Drama 2016] You Are a Gift 당신은 선물 / Thank you for watching!

Guest ina111

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just started marathoning this show today (I just finished episode 18) and I love it. I enjoy the fast pace of the storyline and hurray for an awesome cast of actors that can actually act (yay for no daily drama huge bulging eyes of surprise that I fear an actor or actresses eyes are going pop out their sockets *cough* StrangeakaUnusualFamily *cough*

my favorite character is Do Jin. I live his carefree, cool, and cheeky personality. Hes really charming with his seemingly ease and sly nature in any situation. Underneath the jokes and sass, he is a very warm and good person with food ethics and morals. I love that he tried so many times to do the right thing (and get his brother to do the same) with Yoon Ho's designs before he was emotionally manipulated by his brother and unknowingly his father as well. I like that although he loves his family (I adore his relationship with his sister) the right thing comes first. I am so glad he's the real, real son. 

Do Jin and Hyun Soo have so much chemistry, I can't wait for them to get together and fight to stay together. Man what a battle it will be because there is so much against their bliss, I mean Do Jin's mom killer her dad, brain damaged her mom, possibly had a hand in her husband's death (man I need him to be dead. My ship got enough holes with first love/husband coming back to life). His stepmom who abandoned her. His brother who stole her husband's work, and crazy obsessed friend who for 7 years could accept rejection and will do anything to make Do Jin her's. Then you throw in that mom killed not brother's father and also the maybe not dead husband.....this drama has waaaaay too much on its plate. 

*goes back to watching and living Do Jin*

I too waited to Marathon this drama when it got to episode 30.........

I find the Chairman's Ex-wife totally outrageous she is being allowed to do too much, she is completely over the top the writers are allowing her character too much authority.........a) they are divorced for what seems like 20yrs ago because she had an affair. and banished to America. b)she didnt raise her children why would she have a say in their lives now that they are adults and be allowed to just go in and  out of the Chairmans house with his new wife any time she chooses and be allowed any say on what goes on in his house. And her acting is too over the top.....not good. All of her outrageous behavior started over the new wife having a daughter inlaw and grandchild who can inherit her exes fortune and company........dah! all that has to be done is to sign an notarized agreement of not inheriting anything .....besides if the Chairman has a will drawn up of what's inherited and by who.....also the daughter inlaw marriage was never registered (I also dont understand why the daughter inlaw wanted anything to do with the ex-MIL who deserted her.).......the grandchild has its mothers name and family registry and is 6yrs  old whats there for him to inherit.

The one that is the most unfortunate one of this entire Drama is Hyun-Soo.................with at least 90 more episodes to go I cant watch any more mistreatment/misfortune of her.......the disgusting friend...the loss of her husband and father inlaw....(oh lets not forget the loss of her father and her mother being mentally disabled who she has to support the rest of her life and the loss of the her grandfather so she has to support the grandmother the rest of her life...and the Aunt who acts like she is mentally disabled and who causes problems everytime she opens her mouth that HS has to support the rest of her life.)......the mother inlaw who deserted her didnt register her marriage (so technically she is a single mother with an illegitimate child)....and now that she allowed back into her life has brought along with her a crazy killer ex husband's physcho wife and stealing stepson and the crazy friend and her momma.....and to top it all off her son who is sick.

Im dropping this Drama like a hot potato right now..............I almost got sucked into this mess of a drama........because once you get sucked in you cant stop watching for the duration of the 120 episodes.....so im getting out while I can.

i also thinking of droping this drama. the ex of DJ dad with her red lipstick who kill HS dad with her crazy bf make mine blood boil.

there just way to many evil peole in this drama. the only good soul is HS/her mentally mom/DJ.

her grandma//aunt are useless . they both should be cheering for HS to have a happy life cuz without her they both would be on the street.

the only man left that care for HS is about to married that CRAZY SR. i hope DJ just leave that house and move to live on his own. he better off just cutting all tie with his useless dad who is forcing him to married crazy SR.
who he have no feeling for.

3 people i cant stand in this drama DJ cheating bro/his ma/SR.

i giving this drama till eisode 41. if the writer still make HS life a living hell. i droping this drama.

@MrsSoJiSub

I'm so loving DJ who is true to is feelings and no one can change them. No matter what anyone says or does he's adamant he will not give in to their demands and wants. He's not letting anyone dictate his life for him. 

YA and HS are grating my nerves being closed mouthed lack luster silent suffers.  What is it going to take for these two women to stand up and fight back. 

I couldn't understand at first why TW was so strongly trying to take something she nor her son SJ has any right too. She is the one who deceived, tricked and cheated on DS. Then it dawned on me she's out for revenge.. 

SR and TW are egotistical manipulative women who can't stand to be beaten and from getting what they want.. They are alike in many ways. The two women who are loved by DS and DJ they've set out to degrade and to be looked at as shameful. They have a need to be seen as great. TW  never could capture DS's heart. It's why she's after that company to bring down the man whose heart never turned to her. Since she couldn't get DS's heart she will take whats dear to him which is that company. SR has been on the same path with DJ for 7 years and has not been able to capture his heart. Her ego and self absorbed greatness won't allow her to walk away. Unlike TW she won't get the chance to marry DJ. All her tricks and manipulations will fail. When she does not get what she wants she will turn to revenge the same as TW is doing. They will come together to destroy the men whose hearts they never could get and the women who have their hearts. 

The way I see things going is SR will end up marrying SJ. Sadly SJ will be used by SR and TW as a means for their revenge. SJ and SR will marry for two different reasons. SJ's greed is greater then his conscience and what he feels in his heart. He will choose company over the woman he loves. SR for revenge against DJ, DS and YA for choosing a woman HS who she sees as a lessor woman then her.  

I also think SR's mother and father will be totally divided because of the marriage between SJ and SR. The father loves his wife and daughter but knows what his daughter is doing is wrong. He will try to help her see the wrong in what she's doing but SR will not listen. His wife will be of no help because she will encourage and help SR because of her own demons to shine. There won't be anything he can do or say so he  will have to witness his daughter destroy herself. 

@awsparkle I agree with you 1000% I cannot stand TH and I hate SR even more (I swear daily drama Sae Ra's are the worst). They are both lying, manipulative, scheming, whining, self centered, egotistical, bratty, childlike, and small minded evil disgusting nimrods!!! They both having high nerves acting all high and mighty when they are lower than the scum that feeds on pound scum! 

I don't understand TH at all. Where does she get off on her entitled high horse of I deserve or "I'm your mother" "mother!?!?!!" Yeah your a mother who sells their love for their child, kills their child's parents, used their child, lies, manipulate, betray, and use use use for your own selfish needs! Was she ever even truly a part of any of her 3 kids lives? Did she raise them and be a mother in more than words only? She had no say in any of their lives because she was never really a part of their lives. Then her grip with AE and her ex husband. I don't get her thinking on that. She was the one to cheat on her husband and lie to him from day one (lying that she was pregnant with his first child -SJ- when he isn't his). Why is she angry that he actually divorced her, owes her nothing (why does she feel entitled to his money?) and that she must be grown and do for herself. I also understand why she feels she can waltz in and out of her ex's home and treat AE as some lowly maid or home wrecker who is beneath her!?!?!! I don't even understand why she hates AE. TH is just evil and crazy! I can't wait till she gets what's long overdue her.

However SR is the one I hate the most. I want to set her on fire. I wish death. Harsh painful death in her by the end of the drama. She's a pathetic childish spoilt brat who has been and continues to be envious of HY. SR hates anyone who is better than her and feels she can have whatever she wants. I want to strangle her for the way she has been and continues to cling on to DJ. She doesn't love DJ. She wants to possess him. She's obsessed and wants him simply because of what his status would mean/bring to her. Every time she whines and tries to guilt trip that she's loved DJ for 7 years so he has to love her back and marry her, I want to throttle her (and DJ's stupid father who thinks the same).

The boy made it very very clear 7 years ago and still today that he doesn't love not want to marry you and that he will never love or want to marry you. He's told you so many times in so many ways to move on. Stop hoping because he'll never see you as anything more than a friend. It's not his fault you refused to listen and clung on. He doesn't owe you a thing! Love is a choice not an obligation nor a to thank you for 7 years of effort, here take my heart. I hate that she's been lying and scheming for so long for his heart. I hate that her delusion that he's obligated to marry her has rubbed off on DJ's father. I'm just happy that DJ stands firm in that he will never marry her. ST deserves a loveless lonely life of ruin and suffering.

AE and HS are the typical "I'm a nice girl. Walk all over me, lie to me, use me, manipulate me, slap me many times as you want. I will take it all, silently suffer and then forgive you everything" nice, dumb, female leads. I just hope they soon find YH, he gives his bone marrow to his son to cure his illness, he causes trouble for TH, and then he dies dies so that the romance between DJ and HS can really start. I enjoy DJ/HS together and have liked them since the beginning even when YH was alive. DJ/HS have better chemistry (and angst) imho and just click and gel better. HS should have never married YH imho. 

On 8/3/2016 at 0:09 AM, MrsSoJiSub said:

Do Jin and Hyun Soo have so much chemistry, I can't wait for them to get together and fight to stay together. Man what a battle it will be because there is so much against their bliss, I mean Do Jin's mom killer her dad, brain damaged her mom, possibly had a hand in her husband's death (man I need him to be dead. My ship got enough holes with first love/husband coming back to life). His stepmom who abandoned her. His brother who stole her husband's work, and crazy obsessed friend who for 7 years could accept rejection and will do anything to make Do Jin her's. Then you throw in that mom killed not brother's father and also the maybe not dead husband.....this drama has waaaaay too much on its plate. 

*goes back to watching and living Do Jin*

Hello Everyone I'm back and I'm with you @MrsSoJiSub I'm also loving this drama. Those Do kids mom is a piece of work so is So Jin  what going to push Do Jin and Han Soo together is her plan to brainwash HS husband to work against his own mom and HS she hasn't taken in consideartion of whats about to befall her own daughter.. I think the guy she's been hanging around got something to so with her Ex being he's So Jin half brother. But your right this drama has waaay to much on it's plate with everything relating back to Tae Won and all her crimes starting from Seo Jin birth to he current crimes I'm can't wait to see how  the writer wraps this up.. 

I don't even want to go into Sera and her mom blaming people because men show no interest in them.

@awsparkle Se Ra will play with HS husband once TW finish brainwashing him this is the only way to hurt HS and to achieve her past fling connection to him until he learns who he is but he will be the downfall t them all.But the more she tries to hurt her the more DJ will be there to comfort her..

Cab someone please pass me a link to watch with subs

@valsava I agree that there is waay too much going on in this drama with even more added this week with TH first trying to kill, then keeping (and still keeping) and alive YH. And now we have SB somehow getting involved it in all. The sins that TH keeps adding are just too much for it all to be forgiven in the end. On the plus side however things do move fast (AE knows YH is alive and is her son. HS also now knows he's alive as does JD and the whole family) so I'm hopeful that the writer can conclude everything well. I tend to watch it on dramanice or dramacool. 

3 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

@valsava I agree that there is waay too much going on in this drama with even more added this week with TH first trying to kill, then keeping (and still keeping) and alive YH. And now we have SB somehow getting involved it in all. The sins that TH keeps adding are just too much for it all to be forgiven in the end. On the plus side however things do move fast (AE knows YH is alive and is her son. HS also now knows he's alive as does JD and the whole family) so I'm hopeful that the writer can conclude everything well. I tend to watch it on dramanice or dramacool. 

@MrsSoJiSub I'm ;looking to something bad happening to SJ before it''s all over TH crimes is just way to many wasn't she behind the boat accident ? She will be the reason a family can't reunite but also be the cause of DJ and HS having a happy ending because once YH  realises what he has done to his own family the guilt will weigh to heavy on him I expect him to leave the country but we can add kidnapping a comatose patient to the list

Guest ina111

I'm happy to see that there are folks still following this drama. I decided to take a break from watching around the time Tae Hwa returned to Korea because my poor nerves couldn't take any more of that toxic character. Judging by the more recent posts and videos (@0ly40, thank you for bringing us the Youtube clips!), Tae Hwa and her apprentice Se Ra have only gotten worse since. :(

I am a big fan of Do Jin too, and it makes me sad to imagine how much he will have to suffer because of his mother's crimes. In that sense he's much like the male leads in the two dailies that preceded this one. (Except that Tae Hwa makes Moon Hyuk's and Kang Hyun's mothers look like girl scouts by comparison. :lol: )

On 8/2/2016 at 0:30 PM, 0ly40 said:

Somebody knows the name of the song and singer played at the end of each episode? Is it a OST not released yet or a single song? It seems like Kim Bum Soo's voice. (Maybe I'm wrong, but I love that song) ;)

@0ly40 I couldn't find that song listed with the ost, but I had some luck searching with the lyrics. It looks like the name of the song is 같아서 (lyrics in Korean) and it's by the artist called  저스트 (Just)I'm not sure if this version from Youtube is exactly the same as the one used in the drama...

14 hours ago, ina111 said:

I'm happy to see that there are folks still following this drama. I decided to take a break from watching around the time Tae Hwa returned to Korea because my poor nerves couldn't take any more of that toxic character. Judging by the more recent posts and videos (@0ly40, thank you for bringing us the Youtube clips!), Tae Hwa and her apprentice Se Ra have only gotten worse since. :(

I am a big fan of Do Jin too, and it makes me sad to imagine how much he will have to suffer because of his mother's crimes. In that sense he's much like the male leads in the two dailies that preceded this one. (Except that Tae Hwa makes Moon Hyuk's and Kang Hyun's mothers look like girl scouts by comparison. :lol: )

@0ly40 I couldn't find that song listed with the ost, but I had some luck searching with the lyrics. It looks like the name of the song is 같아서 (lyrics in Korean) and it's by the artist called  저스트 (Just)I'm not sure if this version from Youtube is exactly the same as the one used in the drama...

Thanks a lot @Ina111. God bless you. I will look for the lyrics. I like the voice of JUST too. Wonderful!!!! :)

19 hours ago, ina111 said:

Here are the lyrics of this beautiful song:

Just – (같아서) the same

같아서 네가 돌아볼것 같아서 아직 네게 못한 한마디
말했어 난 말했어
너를 사랑해 왜 두번 다시 보지 못하니
그렇게 네게 물어보고 또 물었어

다시 널 사랑해 부르고 부르고 부르고 불러도 모자라
흐르고 흐르고 흐르던 눈물이 모자라
가진게 없어 널 보내야 하는지
가지마 가지마 목이 메어 불러봐도 더 모자란 내 사랑
죽을만큼 사랑해 너를

사랑아 왜 네겐 물어보지도 안니
니가 없이는 단 하루도 살수 없는나

다시 널 사랑해 부르고 부르고 부르고 불러도 모자라
흐르고 흐르고 흐르던 눈물이 모자라
가진게 없어 널 보내야 하는지
죽을만큼 사랑해 내가 아파 하잖아

가슴깊이 네가 사는데 내가 살수 있겠니

사랑해 부르고 부르고 부르고 불러도 모자라
흐르고 흐르고 흐르던 눈물이 모자라
가진게 없어 널 보내야 하는지
죽을만큼 사랑해 너를 사랑해

gataseo nega dolabolgeos gat-aseo ajig nege moshan hanmadi
malhaesseo nan malhaesseo
neoleul salanghae wae dubeon dasi boji moshani
geuleohge nege muleobogo tto mul-eoss-eo

dasi neol salanghae buleugo buleugo buleugo bulleodo mojala
heuleugo heuleugo heuleudeon nunmuli mojala
gajinge eobs-eo neol bonaeya haneunji
gajima gajima mog-i meeo bulleobwado deo mojalan nae salang
jug-eulmankeum salanghae neoleul

salanga wae negen muleobojido anni
niga eobsineun dan haludo salsu eobsneunna

dasi neol salanghae buleugo buleugo buleugo bulleodo mojala
gajinge eobseo neol bonaeya haneunji
gajima gajima mogi meeo bulleobwado deo mojalan nae salang
jugeulmankeum salanghae naega apa hajanh-a

gaseumgipi nega saneunde naega salsu issgessni

salanghae buleugo buleugo buleugo bulleodo mojala
gajinge eobseo neol bonaeya haneunji
gajima gajima mogi meeo bulleobwado deo mojalan nae salang
jugeulmankeum salanghae neoleul salanghae

I thought you could still look back a word like you
I told him told
Why do not I love to see again twice
So I've yet to ask the water

Insufficient can call call call call again, I love you
Tears flowed flowing flows are insufficient
how can send you out
my thirsty throat tell you do not go, do not go

much tighter even more deserving my love
I love you enough to die.

why love asks about hold on to you
I will not live without even a single day

Insufficient can call call call call again, I love you

how can send you out
I love you to death

I can't live If I can't have you

I love short of calling can call call call

how can send you out

I love you I love you to death

(Excuse me for the bad translation, I just use google translator. This needs a better translation I know, but If somebody understands better the korean, I will be thankful)

Annyeong Everyone... THis drama is soooo good. I am so hooked. 

Kim Cheong/ Tae Hwa is   very good actress. I keep falling for her sobb story that she killed her ex for Sung Jin. She looked so convincing in this scene. I kinda feel bad for Sung JIn but he is foolishly siding with a woman who doesn't love him. She is ruinning his life when he has siblings and a father who would do anything for him. Just because Tae Hwa is a murderer they would never turn their back on him. Yes they would want him to either right things s will stand by his side to the end. Even the woman who loves will do anything for him. Watching this  scene and truly pitying them both, I was believing everything she said until  Kong Hyun Soo, Bok Soon Yi,   Kong Eul Sook , Kong Han Sol and Choi Kang Ja  was on scene I finally remembered why she want to get rid of Kim Chul Yong and Han Yoon Ho. The only thing I am most ahappy about is that she has no idea that Hyun Soo is the daughter of the man she killed. When she finds out about it , she will reallly be scared because that is when alll her sin will be revealed. 

I am truly disgusted by Se Ra and her mother in this drama. Se Ra is sooooo rude, greedy and very cruel. It's amazing the way Se Ra and her mother are always discovering Tae Hwa and Sung Jin 's secret. Why is Tae Hwa not more careful in involving that woman. She isn't trustworthy even though she is afraid of her. She still will betray Tae Hwa to protect herself and her daughter. I do wonder if Se Ada's mother really cares for her husband. She also has no morals and is willing to do anything to get what she wants. Smh smh smh  

Archived