[Daily Drama 2016] You Are a Gift 당신은 선물 / Thank you for watching!

Guest ina111

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just pick this drama up again. it great to see HS standing up to SR/not letting her bully her around.

that scene of SR get caught saying she will ruin HS/DJ married was music to my ear. DJ father finally caught SR being the evil woman she is.

i knew that witch red lipstick have somthing to do with HS ex/his father boat. i guess now i cant call her red lipstick cuz she change her lip color.

i think HS ex will come to the wedding. to ruin it HS/her ex mother still dont know that it was DJ ma behide the boat accident. i think if the boat didnt get caught on fire. both of them might survive together.

i also think HS ex mother might divoce her husband once she finout it was her husband ex that cost her to lose her husband.

i think that once HS saw her ex still alive she might leave DJ. cuz she would feel srry for her ex.

also cuz she might findout from her ex. that it was DJ ma that cost her to lose her ex father.

did HS ever findout. it was DJ ma/her lover. that make her father gone? cuz i skip too much while watching 10+episode in one day. so i might miss it. i know for sure her ma know. it was DJ ma that make her husband gone.

i think that once DJ ex go into revenge mode. DJ might not feel not srry for him. so she might get back together with DJ.

i just hope in the end HS/DJ end up together . they look good together. i aready sad that the lead guy didnt end up with the girl in his last drama.

so i hope he get the girl in this drama.

anyhoo i hope i wrong that HS ex come to ruin the wedding. cuz i want to see HS/DJ live together/over come all the hard ship that will come there way. hen they married.

My gut feel is JH will not want to ruin his ex-wife, HS, happiness with DJ especially when he is suffering from Alzheimer & may not live long. Think this drama will get more intense with SR forced to marry SJ out of spite to avenge against HS. Elder son normally more powerful, therefore SR will marry SJ although she doesn't love him. When all of them live under the same house, SR has more power & more say, being the elder daughter-in-law, she will be all out to create alot of trouble by bullying HS and her son. They will fight for the family legacy till the end - the reason for dragging on to 120 episodes.

From preview, looks like JH has recovered his memory about HS and is racing to stop HS from getting married. More sadness and confusion prevails, both HS & DJ will be devastated including JH's mother. It will depend on HS which man she really love.

Sorry everyone on this thread is way ahead of me as I am just on ep 51 but I have to say this.  Who is the makeup artist on this show in particular for CTH.  Can we all start a list of names in an effort to get her to tone down the amount of makeup on this woman as well as the lipstick to something befitting her age and economic status and the elegance she is to portray in this daily.  It drives me crazy that i cant focus on anything but her face or lips when she is in a scene with well anyone else cuz her make up is sooooo distracting.  Ok I destressed.  Thank you.

I must be honest. I started watching this drama because of Shim Ji-Hyo (Yoon Ho). I loved his character in Shut Up Family. Unfortunately, the drama started off boring IMO. When the writer temporarily killed his character off, I stopped watching. I do not see or feel any chemistry between any of the leads. Even bringing back YH as LWJ still does nothing for me. I'm usually all into revenge plots, but I just find it boring. Even as a fan of SJH, I'm don't think I will continue with the long drama.

• 2 weeks later...

Im sorry but I have to say this: The actress playing DJ mother is the Worst actress ever.....she is cringing and shaking in fear of being discovered one minute and screaming obscenities the next second her acting is not good...... sorry she is the reason I do not watch the drama and rely on soompi comments and you tube previews and if by chance there is a episode I want to watch I download it so I can FF all her scenes (which is too many) the writers and directors have her character doing some totally crazy stuff that I find it hard to except.....like bursting into peoples homes without knocking, into her ex-husband company and assaulting people at random.... and the totally off the wall/crazy act of stealing a comatose patient from a nursing home and then claiming him as her son and all her family and his family believe it....how can a woman all of a sudden have a 30ish son out of the blue and her own ex-husband sons and daughter not know about him before hand oh and he just so happens to look identical to the missing son of her husband new wife's son. She started all this because her lover accidentally drowned I would not say she killed him he followed her into the water to stop her from trying to kill herself and was being carried away with the tide and he reached out for her hand and she jerked her hand away from him (I would have let go of his hand too because if she hadnt she would have been pulled into the current with him and drowned with him she was not strong enough to pull him out of the current). Why didnt she just explain that to the police why run how was the police going to trace the fact that he was SJ daddy out of that scenario............and dont even get me started on her facial expressions they are the worst and they always come out looking the same the bucked/bugged out eyes and cringing lips and shaking.......

So, I have picked up this drama again (don't even know why). I really like Yoon Ho /Wo Jin and it's so sad the path he chose. His character is really so pitiful. Through no fault of his own, he goes into a coma, wakes up with no memory. When he finally regains his memory, finds out the lady who took him was responsible for his dad's death and him almost dying. Then on top of that, he wife marries another man who calls his mom "mother" as well and is his son's dad now. Everything was taken from him, but because he also has the beginning stages of Alzheimer's (jeez writer-nim ... couldn't you give him some happiness) and wants to revenge his father's death, chooses another path away from his family. It's so heartbreaking to see him long for his wife & son and not to be with them. He's not selfish at all. When his mom asked him to come back home and resume his life. He told his mom that he has no home/life anymore. HS is remarried and happy with DJ (who is a good husband to her as well as a good father to his son). He doesn't want to take away their happiness.

Today's episode where HS's mom saw YH was so heartbreaking. I literally had tears in my eyes at their reunion scene. Shim Ji-Hyo is bringing it every time in his role. I hope he also gets a happy ending as well.

It still must be me, we are past 60 episodes and I still see no chemistry between HS & DJ.

22 hours ago, whome said:

So, I have picked up this drama again (don't even know why). I really like Yoon Ho /Wo Jin and it's so sad the path he chose. His character is really so pitiful. Through no fault of his own, he goes into a coma, wakes up with no memory. When he finally regains his memory, finds out the lady who took him was responsible for his dad's death and him almost dying. Then on top of that, he wife marries another man who calls his mom "mother" as well and is his son's dad now. Everything was taken from him, but because he also has the beginning stages of Alzheimer's (jeez writer-nim ... couldn't you give him some happiness) and wants to revenge his father's death, chooses another path away from his family. It's so heartbreaking to see him long for his wife & son and not to be with them. He's not selfish at all. When his mom asked him to come back home and resume his life. He told his mom that he has no home/life anymore. HS is remarried and happy with DJ (who is a good husband to her as well as a good father to his son). He doesn't want to take away their happiness.

I do feel bad for him too....poor thing he has not had a good life at all.....but I have to say it has not been a bed of roses for HS either she lost her newly married husband,  and father n law in a boating accident ( and it was blamed on her by the fortune teller and believed by her family and her mother inlaw  who in turn her mother inlaw deserted her for 5 years.... after being deserted by her mother inlaw she found out she was pregnant and had to raise her son (who was born with a lifelong illness) on her own (she never stopped loving her MIL she spent years looking for her because she felt once she found out about her grandson they would be united.)she never stopped looking and longing for her husband, and it was her mother inlaw that stopped the search for her husband but because their marriage was never recorded therefore wasnt legally binding. And it was her mother inlaw who told her to declare her husband dead after 7 years and to move on and forget him. Her MIL came back to Korea aft. 5yrs and did not want to look for or associate with her if it had not been for the fact that she happened to see YH son by accident and found out she was his grandmother she would not have had anything to do with HS and when she finally apologized to her as far as Im concerned it was too little to late. (If it was me I wouldnt have wanted anything to do with the lady and her saying HS saved her life after she lost husb. and son and she deserted HS otherwise they both would have died together is a load of crock.) HS was tormented by SR for years, and DJ mother, she is only just now starting to find some happiness with DJ.....

So I appreciate YH allowing her happiness with DJ and understand that if he would try to come back into her life she will be conflicted and confused and once he start to really suffer and die from his disease HS will be in mourning again and this time she may not recover because she spent 7 years in mourning the first time. I know YH really really loves HS, and she really really loved him too....such a tragic story for two people who were so deeply in love......then we find out that DJ mother is the cause of their heartache and separation.

I am starting to show interest in this show also: I want to see YH get revenge carried out he is pretending to still have amnesia and staying with SJ mom...he made SJ mom give up all her TSK shares as YH inheritance from the fake father she told him about and YH and his real mother started a charity foundation with it. So since they lost all their TSK shares that is when SJ wanted to marry SR to help combine their shares so SJ could become CEO/Chairman , but just before getting married SJ found out SR side doesnt have any shares......and the crazy/batty SR marrying SJ who it is trying to be exposed that he is not the son of the Chairman and that SJ stole YH design from 7yrs ago. I was totally surprised to find out Mr. Nam hired by SJ mom to tamper with the boat YH and his father was on that caused YH father death. The Chairman collapsed/heart attack he overheard SJ mom and SR mom saying SJ was not his bio son....but the Chairman is still claiming SJ as his son.....SJ mom has framed HS MIL for embezzlement to try and keep her quiet about SJ birth secret which is a stupid move because the Chairman now will be upset with SJ and his mother for setting his wife up and probably remove SJ from the Co-CEO seat he got after the Chairman had a heart attack.

Right now HS and DJ live with HS at her house and SR and trying to force her to return to the Chairman home so she can torture her and keep her unhappy. (HS moved back to her parents house temp. because her little boy was getting sick living in the Chairman's).

On 8/30/2016 at 1:08 AM, kimjung123 said:

Think this drama will get more intense with SR forced to marry SJ out of spite to avenge against HS. Elder son normally more powerful, therefore SR will marry SJ although she doesn't love him. When all of them live under the same house, SR has more power & more say, being the elder daughter-in-law, she will be all out to create alot of trouble by bullying HS and her son. They will fight for the family legacy till the end - the reason for dragging on to 120 episodes.

WITH SO MUCH GOING ON RIGHT NOW IM SURPRISED THERE ARE NO COMMENTS ON THIS THREAD............

@Brenda Capers @valsava  I am also picking this drama back up (I skipped so much ~15-30 eps). I started picking it up with YH regained his memory and plotting his revenge against TH & Mr. Nam. We are +70 eps now, and I still don't see any chemistry between HS & DJ (I don't know if its cause the actors aren't doing a good job to produce/generate chemistry or the script really sucks). I find the actor portraying DJ to contain just 1 expression (at most 2). As much as I don't like TH, I think the actress is doing a good job playing the villain. I do like the mother/son chemistry between YH and his mom. It's a shame he can't come out and reveal that he's YH. I was so sad for him in the elevator scene seeing HS happy with DJ. He has to watch his wife be happy with another man now plus hearing his own son call anther man 'appa.' Not to mention that he has Alzheimer's. Although he doesn't have any of the symptoms now, but he will eventually get it, so he'll be back to his post-coma state when he had amnesia. He's going to forget his family and loved ones. 

The saddest scene and an emotional one to boot was the reunion between HS's mom & him at his office lobby. The actress was just amazing with her emotions at seeing YH alive, and Shim Ji-Ho responded so well to her. I'm hoping that this drama does not drag to +120 eps. Otherwise being at ep 74, we're going to have way too much fillers till we get to that mark. I'm hoping writer-nim will at least give YH a happy ending.

I think eventually HS will have to leave DJ his mother TH has done too many crimes/bad things to HS and her loved ones:

1.TH was the driver in the hit and run that killed HS father, and caused her mother to be disabled.

2. TH was the one that hired Mr. Nam to sabotage the boat YH and his father was on, causing her FIL to die and YH be in a coma for 7yrs.

3. SJ stole YH design which DJ covered it  up for 7 yrs.

4. TH kidnapped YH from the hospice...gave him a fake name and identity took advantage of his amnesia (to cover her crime) Thus depriving him of his wife and son and mother.

5. TH physically and verbally abuse HS.

6. TH threatened HS bio mom because the mom recognize TH as the driver of the car that hit them and killed her husband...TH threatened to take her grandson away to keep her quiet.

Im sure theres more I cant think of right now.....and anyway since we have alot more episodes left TH list will grow with offences against HS.

Archived