[Daily Drama 2016] You Are a Gift 당신은 선물 / Thank you for watching!

Guest ina111

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DJ is a good son, husband & step-father and legally married to HS. If both of them married because they love each other, it does not make logical sense to divorce if DJ's mother is a murderer. Never happens in the real world, maybe in dramas that couples divorced due to their parents' crimes.  How would ppl judge HS for being fickle-minded to change husbands to suit herself. She already told Sera even if YH comes alive, she will not go back to YH and leave DJ. This is how YH's mother feels also that DJ & HS should not break up because of YH, she was the one who advised HS to marry DJ.

YH is pathetic but he would not want to ruin HS happiness, think he would leave with his mother for another country to get treatment. Will HS gets pregnant with DJ? 

2 hours ago, kimjung123 said:

DJ is a good son, husband & step-father and legally married to HS. If both of them married because they love each other, it does not make logical sense to divorce if DJ's mother is a murderer. Never happens in the real world, maybe in dramas that couples divorced due to their parents' crimes.  How would ppl judge HS for being fickle-minded to change husbands to suit herself. She already told Sera even if YH comes alive, she will not go back to YH and leave DJ. This is how YH's mother feels also that DJ & HS should not break up because of YH, she was the one who advised HS to marry DJ.

YH is pathetic but he would not want to ruin HS happiness, think he would leave with his mother for another country to get treatment. Will HS gets pregnant with DJ? 

36 minutes ago, awsparkle said:

Click on the word Quote at the end of the persons post you want to reply too. 

Do you think that Yun Ho's Alzheimer's may improve with all the advances in medical technology ttt

Thank you! Will try that. Being new to this site, I' m having a difficult time understanding the format!

@Mailelei

Another way to reply is to use the @ sign and no space before the persons name you want to reply too. A drop down box with members names will appear. As I've done above to your name.  Sometimes you have to type in most of the name of the person you want to reply too. If a lot of names appear take a look at the picture of the person you want and click on it. 

First YH has to show some signs of having the disease. I don't know where the writers are going with this disease. He should be showing some signs by now. His mind is as clear as a bell. Even with advance medical technology there's a possibility of prolong  the disease but not curing it. 

3 hours ago, kimjung123 said:

I always think of different scenarios when questioning how this drama will end.  One possibility would be that Do Jin will be so overwhelmed with guilt that he will be the one to leave Hyun Soo. How can he look at all of Hyun Soo's family knowing what his mother Tae Hwa did.  Will they forgive him when they find out about her involvement in Yun Ho's disappearance?  Yun Ho was taken away at a critical time of lives. Of course Young Ae also deserted her at the same time; but made up for that by encouraging her to forget Yun Ho since they all thought he was dead, and marry Do Jin. So. Hyun Soo gets married and Yun Ho returns giving Young Ae the shock of her life, and unable to deal with the fact that she was the one that gave up too fasts on Yun Ho and really never gave her +100% in searching for him. I also commented 0n another site that by not looking for Yun Ho, that it would come back to haunt her and it sure did!  She was so devastated when Yun Ho didn't recognize her and called Tae Hwa "ommoni" (spelling?) . Eventually he does come to her telling her he indeed knows that she's his mother but cannot return as Yun Ho, and must live as Lee Woo Jin ; and pretend he has amnesia, live with Tae Hwa, the person responsible for his father's death, to bring her to justice . Avenge plot begins with Yun Ho and Seok Hoon and later Young Ae joins them.  I know it's not the time for Yun Ho to return as Hyun Soo's husband, maybe he never will, but it would be nice for him to have some happiness at the end and especially be reunited with Han Sol, his son.  I don't see that "special" bond with Do Jin and Han Sol like Yun Ho has with his son.  You can just feel the chemistry between biological father and son.Got really attached to Shim ji Ho's (Yun Ho) character in the beginning of the drama since he was portrayed as the "ideal" son, husband and SIL. He was also attached to Soon Yi, Hyun Soo's mother.  Even though Do Jin's a really. nice guy and a good son, I just cannot relate to him as I do with Yun Ho.   PLUS---when he called Yun Ho "a NOBODY ", I started to dislike him. He is so condescending when it comes to Yun Ho!   His insecurities are getting the best of him. Sorry, I get so emotional and upset when I watch Yun Ho and Do Jin's scenes. I'm glad Han Sol told him not to shout at his friend that looks like his father and he likes him and does think of Yun Ho as his father. He kind of softened his tone.Preview for episode 75 looks interesting.

2 minutes ago, Mailelei said:

I always think of different scenarios when questioning how this drama will end.  One possibility would be that Do Jin will be so overwhelmed with guilt that he will be the one to leave Hyun Soo. How can he look at all of Hyun Soo's family knowing what his mother Tae Hwa did.  Will they forgive him when they find out about her involvement in Yun Ho's disappearance?  Yun Ho was taken away at a critical time of their lives. Of course Young Ae also deserted her at the same time; but made up for that by encouraging her to forget Yun Ho since they all thought he was dead, and marry Do Jin. So. Hyun Soo gets married and Yun Ho returns giving Young Ae the shock of her life, and unable to deal with the fact that she was the one that gave up too fasts on Yun Ho and really never gave her +100% in searching for him. I also commented 0n another site that by not looking for Yun Ho, that it would come back to haunt her and it sure did!  She was so devastated when Yun Ho didn't recognize her and called Tae Hwa "ommoni" (spelling?) . Eventually he does come to her telling her he indeed knows that she's his mother but cannot return as Yun Ho, and must live as Lee Woo Jin ; and pretend he has amnesia, live with Tae Hwa, the person responsible for his father's death, to bring her to justice . Avenge plot begins with Yun Ho and Seok Hoon and later Young Ae joins them.  I know it's not the time for Yun Ho to return as Hyun Soo's husband, maybe he never will, but it would be nice for him to have some happiness at the end and especially be reunited with Han Sol, his son.  I don't see that "special" bond with Do Jin and Han Sol like Yun Ho has with his son.  You can just feel the chemistry between biological father and son.Got really attached to Shim ji Ho's (Yun Ho) character in the beginning of the drama since he was portrayed as the "ideal" son, husband and SIL. He was also attached to Soon Yi, Hyun Soo's mother.  Even though Do Jin's a really. nice guy and a good son, I just cannot relate to him as I do with Yun Ho.   PLUS---when he called Yun Ho "a NOBODY ", I started to dislike him. He is so condescending when it comes to Yun Ho!   His insecurities are getting the best of him. Sorry, I get so emotional and upset when I watch Yun Ho and Do Jin's scenes. I'm glad Han Sol told him not to shout at his friend that looks like his father and he likes him and does think of Yun Ho as his father. He kind of softened his tone.Preview for episode 75 looks interesting.

37 minutes ago, awsparkle said:

@Mailelei

Another way to reply is to use the @ sign and no space before the persons name you want to reply too. A drop down box with members names will appear. As I've done above to your name.  Sometimes you have to type in most of the name of the person you want to reply too. If a lot of names appear take a look at the picture of the person you want and click on it. 

First YH has to show some signs of having the disease. I don't know where the writers are going with this disease. He should be showing some signs by now. His mind is as clear as a bell. Even with advance medical technology there's a possibility of prolong  the disease but not curing it. 

@awsparkle

Thanks again! I noticed when I went back to edit my comments post a second time. It that a common occurrence? I noticed that with other comments. 

Yes, I was thinking the same thing, Yun Ho's so sharp, so does he really have Alzheimer's? I know that he takes medication for his condition.  Lets hope for the best. I don't think I can bear seeing him suffering again!

On 10/1/2016 at 8:07 PM, Mailelei said:

Brenda, i liked the way you listed the criminal deeds of TH. I wanted to also list the two incidents that occurred when she kidnapped Yun Ho. When Yun Ho was almost buried alive and when Tae Hwa removed the oxygen mask after she brought him to another hospital. Those two scenes were so "intense " not knowing what would happen to Yun Ho. I guess Tae Hwa thought for sure Yun Ho would die after removing his 02, but he surprised her by regaining consciousness. Had my heart beating fast when his monitor showed asystole( flat line indicating the heart stopped). So glad when his heart started beating again! Have you noticed that Yun Ho has many scenes where he runs a lot? Hope he's drinking lots of fluids especially those with electrolytes. Must replenish his system to keep his energy and strength.

@brendacapers

On 10/2/2016 at 2:25 AM, Mailelei said:

@awsparkle

Thanks again! I noticed when I went back to edit my comments post a second time. It that a common occurrence? I noticed that with other comments. 

Yes, I was thinking the same thing, Yun Ho's so sharp, so does he really have Alzheimer's? I know that he takes medication for his condition.  Lets hope for the best. I don't think I can bear seeing him suffering again!

To be quite honest, I haven't seen YH take any medication for his Alzheimer's or condition after coming out of a 7-year coma. He seems to have all faculties intact. One of the symptoms of Alzheimer's is memory loss, but he hasn't shown to have any it seems. Once his memories returned, he remembers a whole lot of details.

I wonder if the writer's original story plan was a DJ & HS pair up after YH's loss (since the character of YH was out of the story for quite many episodes). But now that DJ & HS has paired up, I know I'm not the only one (although we may be in minority), but the chemistry between DJ & HS just don't click. Even when DJ was pursuing HS, they were quite boring. The story has picked up ever since YH's return, and his chemistry with SY, his son, his mom, even TH & SJ flows. It works as if YH never left. Sometimes chemistry between actors just works and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, the smart thing for the writer/director to do is try to change it up to see if it'll work another way. If it still doesn't, then perhaps if one were to switch up the storyline, it will flow better.

HS may have said that if YH were to come back, she wouldn't leave DJ. HS, in actuality, may not be able to go through with said words. In her mind and heart, YH was dead & not coming back. So she moved on. But YH did indeed come back. If she were to find out the Woo Jin is actually YH, she may not follow through what she said if she were to find out what actually happened to him. It's not like he willingly left her. He was in an accident & in a coma for 7 years. When he finally came back with his memories intact, she moved on and married DJ. What was he supposed to do then? He also saw how happy she was. In the back of his mind, knowing he has Alzheimer's, he didn't also want to burden her and ruin her happiness. So he chose the path of revenge. What will he do once he gets his revenge? He still loves HS. You can still see it in his eyes whenever he looks at her. Shim Ji-Ho does a great job with his facial expression. He looks at HS lovingly and then it hardens (his eyes) because he can't show any emotions towards her. In the episode when HS first saw YH and he denied that he was YH but WJ, when he went back into his building, he sobbed against the elevator. 

In the latest episode, when his mom was framed for embezzlement, he was frantic trying to prove her innocence. If DJ was smart, he would have questioned why WJ went all out trying to prove his stepmom's innocence.

3 hours ago, whome said:

To be quite honest, I haven't seen YH take any medication for his Alzheimer's or condition after coming out of a 7-year coma. He seems to have all faculties intact. One of the symptoms of Alzheimer's is memory loss, but he hasn't shown to have any it seems. Once his memories returned, he remembers a whole lot of details.

I wonder if the writer's original story plan was a DJ & HS pair up after YH's loss (since the character of YH was out of the story for quite many episodes). But now that DJ & HS has paired up, I know I'm not the only one (although we may be in minority), but the chemistry between DJ & HS just don't click. Even when DJ was pursuing HS, they were quite boring. The story has picked up ever since YH's return, and his chemistry with SY, his son, his mom, even TH & SJ flows. It works as if YH never left. Sometimes chemistry between actors just works and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, the smart thing for the writer/director to do is try to change it up to see if it'll work another way. If it still doesn't, then perhaps if one were to switch up the storyline, it will flow better.

HS may have said that if YH were to come back, she wouldn't leave DJ. HS, in actuality, may not be able to go through with said words. In her mind and heart, YH was dead & not coming back. So she moved on. But YH did indeed come back. If she were to find out the Woo Jin is actually YH, she may not follow through what she said if she were to find out what actually happened to him. It's not like he willingly left her. He was in an accident & in a coma for 7 years. When he finally came back with his memories intact, she moved on and married DJ. What was he supposed to do then? He also saw how happy she was. In the back of his mind, knowing he has Alzheimer's, he didn't also want to burden her and ruin her happiness. So he chose the path of revenge. What will he do once he gets his revenge? He still loves HS. You can still see it in his eyes whenever he looks at her. Shim Ji-Ho does a great job with his facial expression. He looks at HS lovingly and then it hardens (his eyes) because he can't show any emotions towards her. In the episode when HS first saw YH and he denied that he was YH but WJ, when he went back into his building, he sobbed against the elevator. 

In the latest episode, when his mom was framed for embezzlement, he was frantic trying to prove her innocence. If DJ was smart, he would have questioned why WJ went all out trying to prove his stepmom's innocence.

@whome Reading your comments about Yun Ho and Hyun Soo, was like reading a Love story!  Your words just flowed  like  how  Yun Ho's personality appeals to people when he interacts with them. Yes, you're right, Shim ji Ho does a great job with his emotions as Yun Ho. That's why many of his scenes bring tears to my eyes. I was very impressed by the way he can switch his lovingly looks to a look that shows no emotions. His scenes with Han Sol just makes my heart ache and I just want to hug both of them. 

Like you, I thought the story got quite boring after Yun Ho disappeared and wanted him to return quickly so when Soon Yi had one of  

her dreams where he's found after the singing contest, and they roll out the red carpet in front of Hyun Soo's grandmother's home; I was so happy! But not to happen--- only a dream!! Yes, it seems that Yun Ho realLy connects with the other characters. In one scene when Sera's father bumps into him in Chairman Ma's office, he looks at Yun Ho and says "what a fine young man "! That's an indication of his appealing personality.

Rewatch episode 53, scene with Seok Hoon. SH asked YH if he was taking his medication and YH knocks it to the floor. I kind of remembered that scene because YH was so upset that SH was hiding information from him. That's when he finds out HS is marrying Do Jin, son of TW.  Another scene, with HS, think it was episode 67, where HS sees him taking a pill and she asked YH what was that medicine for and he replied; it's nothing.

Yes, I remember that scene where he turns around and walks to the elevator, hits the wall sobbing, and says "I am  sorry Hyun Soo". So  much heartache for him. 

You would think by now Do Jin would suspect that LWJ is YH but maybe wants to deny that fact. Thanks for your great post! I find that the comments posted on Soompi are so informative and interesting. Did all of you take creative writing in school?

On 10/1/2016 at 2:21 PM, Mailelei said:

Do you think that Yun Ho's Alzheimer's will improve with all the advances in medical technology today? I'm hoping for a happy ending for Yun Ho also.  He truly deserves it!

@Mailelei  I'm sorry to say this but he's doom to die or leave I don't see a happy ending for him.I also wish the writer didn't make such a nice guy go through this tradegy but somebody has to go..

Wow TH is digging her and fake son deeper and deeper behind bars. When all her dirt is exposed they both want have any place to sjow there faces..  

2 hours ago, valsava said:

I'm sorry to say this but he's doom to die or leave I don't see a happy ending for him.I also wish the writer didn't make such a nice guy go through this tradegy but somebody has to go..

Wow TH is digging her and fake son deeper and deeper behind bars. When all her dirt is exposed they both want have any place to sjow there faces..  

The writer dug himself/herself a hole in writing YH having Alzheimer's at the beginning without fully exploring his character. He truly is a nice guy and deserves some happiness. Although he's not showing any symptoms now (he may have tested & doctors found the gene in him that will develop Alzheimer's), but he will eventually. TBH, I'm only rooting for YH at the moment. 

3 hours ago, valsava said:

@Mailelei  I'm sorry to say this but he's doom to die or leave I don't see a happy ending for him.I also wish the writer didn't make such a nice guy go through this tradegy but somebody has to go..

In the beginning of the drama I thought for sure that Yun Ho was going to die, but when he disappeared I kept wanting him to come back. As the drama started to play out more of Yun Ho's character, I looked forward to the day he would return. I wanted to see more of his story than any other character, so now he kinda of dominates the screen because he plays such an important part in the Avenge plot. Yun Ho has made the drama more interesting and as Whome commented, his personality "flows" with the other characters in the drama. Yun Ho and Mr. Kim's scene in today's episode was so hilarious. You could see the chemistry between them! In the end, I just want to see him happy. Hope the Alzheimer's symptoms don't appear in the drama but we know it will happen in the future.

Looks like TH and SJ are working hard to take control of the TSK group. Will be interesting to see this fight for control!

1 hour ago, whome said:

The writer dug himself/herself a hole in writing YH having Alzheimer's at the beginning without fully exploring his character. He truly is a nice guy and deserves some happiness. Although he's not showing any symptoms now (he may have tested & doctors found the gene in him that will develop Alzheimer's), but he will eventually. TBH, I'm only rooting for YH at the moment. 

Whome, I'm with you! Only rooting for YH! BTW, what does TBH stand for? Can't wait to see what happens when the rest of Hyun Soo's family bumps into Yun Ho.

11 minutes ago, Mailelei said:

In the beginning of the drama I thought for sure that Yun Ho was going to die, but when he disappeared I kept wanting him to come back. As the drama started to play out more of Yun Ho's character, I looked forward to the day he would return. I wanted to see more of his story than any other character, so now he kinda of dominates the screen because he plays such an important part in the Avenge plot. Yun Ho has made the drama more interesting and as Whome commented, his personality "flows" with the other characters in the drama. Yun Ho and Mr. Kim's scene in today's episode was so hilarious. You could see the chemistry between them! In the end, I just want to see him happy. Hope the Alzheimer's symptoms don't appear in the drama but we know it will happen in the future.

Looks like TH and SJ are working hard to take control of the TSK group. Will be interesting to see this fight for control!

@Mailelei  I think the writer was intending to kill him off in the begining of the story but due to his dad illness it must didn't sat right with the daily ajjuma's in Korea that he died because he was supposed to have died in that boat accident but when the knetz starts to shout out those writers listens and bring in some lame excuse to keep him around instead of killing the person off..

TBH = To Be Honest.

15 minutes ago, valsava said:

@Mailelei  I think the writer was intending to kill him off in the begining of the story but due to his dad illness it must didn't sat right with the daily ajjuma's in Korea that he died because he was supposed to have died in that boat accident but when the knetz starts to shout out those writers listens and bring in some lame excuse to keep him around instead of killing the person off..

TBH = To Be Honest.

Thanks for your reply! Not too smart when it comes to abbreviations.  So the ajjimas/knetz have that much influence on how a drama is played out?  I know in the US you can write to the different networks to keep a series going instead of dropping it but I don't know how successful it is. I guess because Yun Ho being the only son or the oldest son is important in an Asian family especially when the father dies.

1 hour ago, valsava said:

I think the writer was intending to kill him off in the begining of the story but due to his dad illness it must didn't sat right with the daily ajjuma's in Korea that he died because he was supposed to have died in that boat accident but when the knetz starts to shout out those writers listens and bring in some lame excuse to keep him around instead of killing the person off..

TBH = To Be Honest.

Go figure that Shim Ji-Ho is a far more versatile & charismatic actor than DJ. Maybe if the actors had switched roles, the DJ & HS pairing would have more sparks. Seems we like YH over DJ in terms of the actor bringing the character to life.

1 hour ago, whome said:

Go figure that Shim Ji-Ho is a far more versatile & charismatic actor than DJ. Maybe if the actors had switched roles, the DJ & HS pairing would have more sparks. Seems we like YH over DJ in terms of the actor bringing the character to life.

You are so correct about Shim Ji-Ho. When they started pairing DJ with HS, I was like, there's no chemistry between these two.  So different from YH and HS relationship. You could really feel the love between YH/HS.  I don't know if the writers meant for Hyun Soo's second marriage to be one of responsibility to family more than a loving couple. Even DJ's crying scenes doesn't affect me in anyway. Remember when DJ apologized to Hyun Soo and her family re: Yun Ho's stolen designs, I was like give us more emotions DJ; show them that you are truly sorry for hiding this information! Didn't get that feeling from him. Maybe his character will step up as the drama goes forward.

Archived