[Drama 2016/2017] The Legend of The Blue Sea 푸른 바다의 전설

ilwoo_aein

Lee Min Ho Is Praised And Thanked By “The Legend Of The Blue Sea” Producer

lee min ho

In an interview with news outlet OSEN, Jin Hyuk, the producer of “The Legend of the Blue Sea,” shared his thoughts on actor Lee Min Ho.

He revealed, “Lee Min Ho has grown a lot since the last time I saw him three years ago. The character Heo Joon Jae changes a lot throughout the drama, and Lee Min Ho did a great job portraying the different sides to the character. In the climax of the series, there were many crying scenes, like when he lost his father or when he cried for Shim Chung, and Lee Min Ho carried out those scenes very impressively. He is extremely good at concentrating. I would say he has grown from a star to a real actor, considering the way he would give it his all despite the cold weather and would carefully monitor his acting.”

He further praised, “What hasn’t changed about him is that he’s a hardworking actor. He’s always humble and serious about acting. I expect he must have been really tired during the last half of filming, but he was the one who treated the staff to the most meals and coffee. I think it was very sweet of him.”

The producer also spoke up about how much Lee Min Ho contributed to creating the drama.

“In the beginning of the story, Shim Chung couldn’t talk, so Lee Min Ho had to lead all of those scenes. He gave me many ideas for the comical scenes and suggested that we do the action scenes in a certain way. You could even say that some of the scenes we shot in Spain were completed by Lee Min Ho. I’m really thankful that he helped me out with the production,” he expressed.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/26/lee-min-ho-praised-thanked-legend-blue-sea-producer/

• Like 16

1 hour ago, Chellsee said:

Lee Min Ho Is Praised And Thanked By “The Legend Of The Blue Sea” Producer

In an interview with news outlet OSEN, Jin Hyuk, the producer of “The Legend of the Blue Sea,” shared his thoughts on actor Lee Min Ho.

He revealed, “Lee Min Ho has grown a lot since the last time I saw him three years ago. The character Heo Joon Jae changes a lot throughout the drama, and Lee Min Ho did a great job portraying the different sides to the character. In the climax of the series, there were many crying scenes, like when he lost his father or when he cried for Shim Chung, and Lee Min Ho carried out those scenes very impressively. He is extremely good at concentrating. I would say he has grown from a star to a real actor, considering the way he would give it his all despite the cold weather and would carefully monitor his acting.”

He further praised, “What hasn’t changed about him is that he’s a hardworking actor. He’s always humble and serious about acting. I expect he must have been really tired during the last half of filming, but he was the one who treated the staff to the most meals and coffee. I think it was very sweet of him.”

The producer also spoke up about how much Lee Min Ho contributed to creating the drama.

“In the beginning of the story, Shim Chung couldn’t talk, so Lee Min Ho had to lead all of those scenes. He gave me many ideas for the comical scenes and suggested that we do the action scenes in a certain way. You could even say that some of the scenes we shot in Spain were completed by Lee Min Ho. I’m really thankful that he helped me out with the production,” he expressed.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/01/26/lee-min-ho-praised-thanked-legend-blue-sea-producer/

Good article praising our LMH, @Chellsee.  LMHsshi, you have become a living legend!!!  HJJ will be remembered longingly by your fans for a long long time....

This is such a good gif @Hunter White, the "emphasis" is daebak (let me repost pic):

26xBEH0gHwW94Yzfi.gif

HJJ, our cutest and most handsomest drunkard:

60c45f3cgy1fc43z0r7gmg20dw0fmhdw.gif

credit as tagged

• Like 9

Since last night until now, I haven't shed any tears yet. Like @mythicalove I've been trying my best to hold off watching the subs version just so I can have that little bit more of time left with LOTBS. On another note, I probably can't hold off any longer cos I have to support them on ONE TV ASIA. :unsure:

BUT the post @gtLmh0622 shared with us on what was written in JJ's diary...i lost it. I read it on my way back fm work, in a public train. And I was crying. 

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

All of JJ's thoughts and feelings about the important times that happened between the both of them. It was so heartfelt and raw and luckily for me, I understand Chinese so when I read it in Chinese, my heart bawled. As I read it, everything that happened between them was flashing in my mind. Even as I'm typing this, my eyes can't help but tear up. I think that scene with JJ telling SC about his diaries will most probably land in one of my fave scenes of the entire LOTBS. 

How lucky I am, to have watched one of the best love stories ever told in dreamland (IMO). Thank you JJH, LMH,  writer park, the director and to the entire team for letting me have such a memorable and great experience. And of course to all of us here who spend days agonising over the what ifs, daebak and thank god. 

So this is what love for a drama feels like. I used to think other dramas that I watched previously was the best and I loved it. I really didn't know better.  

• Like 12

Guest Moonrain

Damn that kiss still gives me the thrills lol gaechuwa

I wonder how many takes they had to make it that perfect :D PDnim, you dawg :lol:

I watched and rewatched most of LMH kissing scenes (yep, im a perv when it comes to him lol) but i coudnt watch the ones with PMY coz i got jealous :D (im shallow i know) but anyway, i dont think ive seen tongues clashing? Or maybe i should watch it again haha 

I just watched snippets of ywcfts but i heard the kiss scenes were intense too. Was there tongue action too? 

@gentlelily12, Thanks Chingu!B) Mother of all Daebaks ain't it? hahaha :D:D:DMin Ho Oppa seems to be famous in giving deep kisses like that with some slipping. It worked for this scene though. No wonder HJJ got SC pregnant. *kidding* :D Legend of the Blue Sea did set some high standards in terms of casting, acting, storyline and location shoots. They've even set a higher standard for on-screen kissing. :wub::wub::wub:  After last night I thought I'd be able to move on easily but it's quite difficult to do so especially if there are pretty good scenes such as the most famous tongue kiss. My apologies if I can't stop talking about it. It's just a slip of the tongue. Oops... there it goes again.lol :D:D:D

@Moonrain, no doubt about that! The red carpet kiss in MLFAS was too intense as well.:wub::wub::wub: Go find the couch kiss of Jun Ji Hyun and Kim Soo Hyun wherein JJH was pinned down by KSH. They were playing a card game and CSY threatened DMJ that she'll give her a deep kiss. Instead, it was DMJ who gave her one. Watch the BTS of that scene... the teasing kiss of JJH and KSH was cute esp that we know KSH got a crush on JJH. :wub::wub::wub:   

• Like 8

“Legend of the Blue Sea” Lee Min Ho “For the past 5 months, I was happy and heartbroken” - Finishing Thoughts/Impression - 26.01.2017

“Legend of the Blue Sea” Lee Min Ho “For the past 5 months, I was happy and heartbroken” - Finishing Thoughts/Impression - 26.01.2017 [SPORTS Chosun: Reporter Jo Yoon Seon] South Korean Actor Lee Min Ho has finished filming SBS Wednesday-Thursday...

[SPORTS Chosun: Reporter Jo Yoon Seon] South Korean Actor Lee Min Ho has finished filming SBS Wednesday-Thursday Drama “Legend of the Blue Sea” as the male lead, con-artist Heo Jun Jae, and revealed his thoughts on finishing the hit drama.

The Wednesday-Thursday SBS Drama “Legend of the Blue Sea” (Written by Park Ji Eun / Directed by Jin Hyuk / Culture Depot of South Korea / Production House Studio Dragon) has been the subject of viewer’s attention from the 1st airing date, since it is the grand comeback of the Korean actor Lee Min Ho who returns to the small screen after 3 years. He has then back to take his throne, reign the 1st place since the 1st day of the drama’s broadcast.

Lee Min Ho who took the role of the male lead Heo Jun Jae, a con-artist, has attract viewer’s attention for his colorful transformation and deep acting ability. Lee Min Ho successfully pull of “Mellow-Comedy-Romance” genre delicately and intensely. He drew wide sense of emotion, and his characters keep upgrading. His absence from the small screen for 3 years before the Wednesday-Thursday SBS Drama “Legend of the Blue Sea” has not been in vain, it actually proof how much he has grow and how much of a potential Lee Min Ho got.

Viewers reaction to Lee Min Ho and his drama was hot in both South Korea as well as overseas. Various news portal such as “HanCinema”, “Soompi”, “iFlicks.” and so on has named him as one of the best. In the drama, Lee Min Ho’s every move on the SNS has also took over the popularity in China, including Asia, Europe, North and South America. Hot reactions poured everywhere for him, and Lee Min Ho has become a global brand beyond Hallyu Wave.

Lee Min Ho then dropped his thoughts on finishing the drama. “When i first met and know the character named Heo Jun Jae, i had a lot of expectations and excitement. In my thoughts and memory, Heo Jun Jae seems to be a warm and charming friend from the drama ‘Legend of the Blue Sea’ and i hope the character itself can be remembered as a pleasant memory for the viewers” and “I actually feel sad and sorry when the filming finished, since i’ve been happy and heartbroken for the past 5 months i’ve become and be with Heo Jun Jae”.

Lee Min Ho then stated “I would like to thank all of my fans and viewers, writer Park Ji Eun, Director/PD Jin Hyuk, senior actor and actresses who made all of the scene cheerful and pleasant. Fellow actors, staffs, crew, and especially loving viewers. I can’t forget it that i have a lot of fans who stayed with me with a lot of expectations and support. I won’t forget how they make me feel, deep inside my heart and always hope for me to be better~” and “I will become an actor who is known to always learn and showing progress and upgrades~”, Lee Min Ho concluded.

On the other hand, Lee Min Ho will meet his fans for his fan meeting “THE ORIGINALITY OF LEE MIN HO” held at Kyung Hee University Peace Hall in Seoul between 18th and 19th February 2017. It’s expected that a lot his fans around the world will attend the fan meeting, which around 6,000 seats has been sold out as soon as the ticketing open. Supremez@sportschosun.com

source: Naver/Sports Chosun

Korean - English Translataion: Monika Setiono

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, babyval22 said:

Since last night until now, I haven't shed any tears yet. Like @mythicalove I've been trying my best to hold off watching the subs version just so I can have that little bit more of time left with LOTBS. On another note, I probably can't hold off any longer cos I have to support them on ONE TV ASIA. :unsure:

BUT the post @gtLmh0622 shared with us on what was written in JJ's diary...i lost it. I read it on my way back fm work, in a public train. And I was crying. 

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

All of JJ's thoughts and feelings about the important times that happened between the both of them. It was so heartfelt and raw and luckily for me, I understand Chinese so when I read it in Chinese, my heart bawled. As I read it, everything that happened between them was flashing in my mind. Even as I'm typing this, my eyes can't help but tear up. I think that scene with JJ telling SC about his diaries will most probably land in one of my fave scenes of the entire LOTBS. 

How lucky I am, to have watched one of the best love stories ever told in dreamland (IMO). Thank you JJH, LMH,  writer park, the director and to the entire team for letting me have such a memorable and great experience. And of course to all of us here who spend days agonising over the what ifs, daebak and thank god. 

So this is what love for a drama feels like. I used to think other dramas that I watched previously was the best and I loved it. I really didn't know better.  

Chingu, you understand Chinese ? It's great !!! I always think my English is not well enough to do better translations. Please correct my translations if there is any mistake or meaning lost.
And are you going to LMH thread afterward ? Only me translated articles in that thread, I will be very happy if you may join me.

• Like 5

Guest Moonrain
1 hour ago, Chellsee said:

[GIFS] Our couple's sweet kissing collection from Minoz_Selene.

Hide contents

One more missing (yes, im counting lol) the deep kiss by the ladder :wub:

7 hours ago, nika94 said:

@leeminhosny@Chellsee@Kris Silva@Visually-wandering@ilwoo_aein@LMHolic@Hunter White@CallieP@mythicalove@CarolynH@gtLmh0622 Another group of comments from the article

"The complicated emotions that Lee Minho showed in at the end of episode 10 when he remembers that Chung is a mermaid is truely brings goose bumps. Since then, I have only seen Lee Minho."

"Heo Jun-jae in the second half of the year, he is still in the heat, and Lee Min-ho's concentration and immersion are more likely to shine. The audience is crying and smiling together. My appearance also grew more and more wonderful actor acting."

"Lee Min Ho has a  strong sense of responsibility a great actor who played heojunjae .and thanks for the dual role performance, thanks to the drama gimdamnyeong."

" Lee Min Ho I will never forget Hoe JunJae"

" I knew he was a good actor, but he's more mature as he leads the play, and his acting feelings are deep."

" Sobbing scene the best. The legend of the extraordinary blue sea"

"I feel sorry for you. Thank you for arranging this again. It was fun. The scenes that I used to feel sad once again. I was so happy all my life. When I look at Lee Min Ho, all of the stress is released and I am happy. Thank you."

"Lee Minho was really cool I was so excited in my eyes for the moment"

" a lot of hard time for Lee Min-ho. thank you, thank you, heojunjae"

" Lee Min Ho - I think the personality of the real person is acting out. It's authentic, deep and nice ... looks better than anything!"

" It was good to see Lee Minho's appearance and to be able to concentrate on the great actor who focused on Huh Junjae"

" Throughout the 20th episode, the variety of Lee Min Ho's impressions was impressive. I believe that watching actors fit"

" Lee Min Ho was likely to be a character with a lot of emotional changes as well as one and two stations."

" I was so impressed that I felt sorry seeing the crying. All actors. It was a wonderful drama."

" It was the best actor to play with actor Lee Min-ho, Jun-jae, who was able to make a character change in one work."

" The drama that proved the value of Lee Min-ho himself was so good that I drew the consistent emotional line into the character of Huh Junja Lee"

" I always cried when Lee cried"

Credit: http://m.entertain.naver.com/comment/list?aid=0003469026&cid=1054644&gid=999339&oid=109&lightVersion=off

thank you soooo much chingu I am watching episode 20 now ,I will read all 

• Like 8

Since working i was lurking here and by god Im still not over that tongue kiss. Watched it for like 10000th time. Yet to watch the epi with subs. Im not ready to let them go so soon. So holding it back. 

I want BTS of last kiss scene please please :D  please. Ratings i was excepting more,anyways it good. Wow wow so many comments and articles praising JJH & LMH. They are my dream pair sincle MLFAS time i wanted JJH & LMH to work together. Now im ready to wait for them to collabarate again. 

Thanks chingus for all the articles,Bts,Gifs,pics,knetizens comments,translations. :heart: yet to check previous page.

Like everyone else, evn im clueless what to watch next. Any good drama suggestion?

I finished every drama of LMH OPPA:heart:Didnt even left his movies, CFs,events,fanmeets,concert . Every damn video in which i can able to see my handsome MinHo, even his old and very first dramas like mikerel run and other high school drama (forgot the name) :D And im going to do re-watch all of those dramas/movies/CFs again till MinHo finishes his MS and comes back with a BANG :D  by the way friends, MinHo didnt sing any OST in LBS?? If he did,please give me the link of that OST. By listening to his soothing voice i can recover my broken heart :bawling:. What im going to do now :( two years such a long wait :(  

Is sassy girl good show? Is it romcom? Thinking of giving it a try for JJH's sake. Any good romcom suggestions? Please. 

• Like 9

8 hours ago, TrucB said:

So why do you think he pretended not knowing her at first?

Me, I think he wanted to "punish" her for erasing his memories after begging her not to. He wanted her to feel the consequences of doing that before letting her know how much he loved her .

7 hours ago, mythicalove said:

Yes, he wanted to show her what it would be like if he really did not remember. He wanted to paint a world where she'd be forgotten to show her how ugly it is. You can say that he was disappointed she would erase his memories. I give it to LMH for portraying the turmoil beautifully; he shows that even though he wanted to teach her a lesson, he was about to give in and just embrace her in his arms. 

@TrucB  @mythicalove  I thought another reason for not showing that he knew her at first was that if he did, he would have revealed her in front of Nam-doo, Si-ah, and his mom, and she needed to remain forgotten by them.  (Of course, it also sets up the parallel umbrella-image.)  

Our pink and gray couple's thought conversation:

tumblr_oke1zux5HQ1w2zf0ho1_540.png

• Like 7

I was avoiding to watch the final, I was scared this is gonna have an open ending,  oh I am so happy now. HJJ now a prosecutor, he gave up being a conman and become a prosecutor, once again this drama proved no matter what whether you have / had an amnesia, even if you forget your memories for some reason, your heart never forgets the true love...   Now  I am looking forward to watch Bounty Hunters, and that will be it until he returns from military in 2019 and we won't see his dramas until 2020.  peah that's a long time..    

• Like 4

Omo, what's all this talk and Gifs on the tongue kiss? Lol, i guess it would take us weeks, even months to get over that scene. 

@gtLmh0622 thank you for posting the translation of HJJ diary. It made the scenes more special and meaningful. I can't help but get teary-eyed.

and thanks to @demarchelier for posting dramabeans review. Let me post the last 2 paragraphs which were my favorite parts. Thanks to Javabeans for a great recap and review. 

------

Even so, I did think Legend of the Blue Sea held its own as a drama independent of that baggage, and one that I thought was sweet and heartfelt at times, and fun and zippy at others. And because I’m satisfied with the way the romance played out and how it resolved, I’m content with the overall experience and left with a pleasant glow. Not all happy encounters have to be wildly original; comfort food is good precisely because it’s warm and familiar. 

I have to also give Lee Min-ho some extra props for driving this show along, which was a total surprise since I think everybody was expecting it to be Jeon Ji-hyun who blazed through with the force of her charisma like she did in You From Another Star. Plus, I didn’t even know that Lee Min-ho had it in him to be self-deprecating and funny, and to commit to a romance in a way that I really appreciated, because there were a lot of times when I thought, “Man, Joon-jae’s dialogue could be so cheesy but Lee Min-ho is being magically earnest and somehow I’m moved, rather than cringing.” It’s a combination of a lovable character and a performance that was in tune with the role, and while this world was wholly fantastical, as long as Joon-jae was onscreen it felt tangible and real, making the problem at hand always a very universal human issue and not a crazy supernatural one. It’s been a fun ride, folks!

• Like 7

I could not see it yesterday morning with the rest of you and I refrained from reading until I saw it last night. I see this morning that there are a lot of pages in the thread to read through and catch up. I just wanted to add my piece before the thread gets even longer. Looks like the writer has been reading the blogs and forums and given everyone what they asked for a house by the sea, he becomes civil servant. I wish he became detective though but then he can't be with his sweetheart wife all the time though with weird hours as a detective. :) He retained his memories, they kiss one more time, they get married in the end. So all the requests to director and writer has been fulfilled. There are ways it could have been better e.g. a wedding and babies. She is pregnant though. It was sweet and simple, in a way sort of an anti-climax. I think they could not do a real wedding, etc because, they were working into the wee hours of the morning rushing to complete it so I understand there is not enough time to do all the extra stuff. I saw the wrap up dinner and LMH looked really tired, poor thing. I know his hobby is to sleep so to go through so many long hours must be really hard on him. JJH looked better, very pretty, and casually dressed but she still looked somewhat tired. I look forward to reading your comments today. I am disappointed though that they had the same Wednesday ratings. If it was Thursday, I think it would have been higher. What is it about Wednesday that viewers watch less TV. Is it the last episode. I think all those who watched episode 19 would watch the end but possibly later because something is going on Wednesday night at that time. Wonder what it is because there is a pattern.

I notice on VIKI, there is the director's cut 1 and 2 now. Yaay! I really wanted to see it in its entirety which I could not do so earlier. I only saw the cut scenes through ICE. I am so happy because I did not like the original episode 1 as much without the the extras that were removed from episode. It was my least favorite episode. With the director's cut version, I will definitely like it now. So I am going to re-watch the whole series again and starting with Director's cut 1 and 2.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, LMHolic said:

Since working i was lurking here and by god Im still not over that tongue kiss. Watched it for like 10000th time. Yet to watch the epi with subs. Im not ready to let them go so soon. So holding it back. 

I want BTS of last kiss scene please please :D  please. Ratings i was excepting more,anyways it good. Wow wow so many comments and articles praising JJH & LMH. They are my dream pair sincle MLFAS time i wanted JJH & LMH to work together. Now im ready to wait for them to collabarate again. 

Thanks chingus for all the articles,Bts,Gifs,pics,knetizens comments,translations. :heart: yet to check previous page.

Like everyone else, evn im clueless what to watch next. Any good drama suggestion?

I finished every drama of LMH OPPA:heart:Didnt even left his movies, CFs,events,fanmeets,concert . Every damn video in which i can able to see my handsome MinHo, even his old and very first dramas like mikerel run and other high school drama (forgot the name) :D And im going to do re-watch all of those dramas/movies/CFs again till MinHo finishes his MS and comes back with a BANG :D  by the way friends, MinHo didnt sing any OST in LBS?? If he did,please give me the link of that OST. By listening to his soothing voice i can recover my broken heart :bawling:. What im going to do now :( two years such a long wait :(  

Is sassy girl good show? Is it romcom? Thinking of giving it a try for JJH's sake. Any good romcom suggestions? Please. 

I too became a JJH fan after MLFAS. I watched her films in Youtbe and yes, you should watch Sassy Girl the movie. Like you, i also wished her to be paired with LMH, so I was so happy and excited when I heard about their pairing. My favorite OTP used to be LMH with PMY in City Hunter. Now it has been replaced with LMH and JJH. I still can't move on to another kdrama so I will be rewatching LOTBS for the next weeks or so. I already miss HJJ and SC!   :bawling:

• Like 7

@CallieP - Thanks for the heads up about the Director's cuts, do they have subtitles? Are they from ICE Beyond Minoz?? I think she had to shut down her YouTube account for a while, right? Hopefully those Director's cut footages are not lost! How do I access other Director's cut scenes?

@1ouise - I don't quite understand why SC must still be kept a secret from everyone? Is it because HJJ doesn't want them to know she can erase memories? Do you think they had a secret wedding?? And they probably were doing Dirty Love BEFORE ...??? Aaaargghhh! That's why a NOVEL need s to be written to extrapolate the story further with ALL SORTS OF DETAILS!!! 

• Like 5