[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] General And I 孤芳不自赏

sugarplum892

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say the war scene with the small country was well done. It actually followed the story quite faithfully with a few additional scenes between the main couple, which I'm not complaining at all. I thought the interactions between the lead at this time in the story were too little. I'm happy that they have some moments of happiness for themselves.

I have to give CBJ credits. He never misses a chance to flirt with BPT. His anger when he thought that the other team pushed her to sacrifice herself to face the entire army alone was pretty attractive. I give credits to Wallace acting to show a dual expression at once. Clearly he was angry but at the same time still very gentle with her. 

Oh my goodness! I have to clean my eyes and totally wipe out that scene from Episode 12. What the hell happened to my cool, suave and super smart couple!!

They've somehow stolen Beyonce wind machine and sneaked into the scene. Totally ruin what was meant to be a romantic moment between the two leads and somehow managed to make it into one of AngelaBaby's hair commercials - how disappointing! I will never look at Pantene in the same way ever again.

The "Pantene" scene was definitely overdone. I was literally roflmao. And since when did *ahemahem* become the cure for severe injuries and fever? If so, a lot of illnesses and diseases would be wiped out from the face of the earth!!!!

Incredulous writing aside, WC is doing a great job as a stoic but smitten general. He looks mighty fine riding his black horse. AB has improved from her previous period drama but it's too obvious that almost all her outdoor scenes were superimposed. She was literally floating in some scenes. It's probably because she was pregnant during the shooting. Nevertheless, I am following the series because of the 2 love stories. Btw Princess YT is so pretty! Good pairing with SYZ. 

@omiki It will go down as the Pantene scene. I was trying to get into the 'mood' but I had to fast forward some parts. They were just too cringe-worthy. 

I totally agree, the ancient cure for every chill regardless if it's a fever, pneumonia or plain delirium. But at least the rest was cute. Wallace delivers those lines so well. Somehow he manages to make you feel that he's sincere about his feelings because I rather roast in hot coals than repeat them to my husband *shudder* I know you can tell I'm nothing but romantic.

Aside from this scene, I really liked how beforehand BPT finally admits her feeling. She's not the best actress but she'll do. 

I agree the "wind" part was "what the hell". It would have been better without that little part. I totally don't mind or find it strange they used the body heat as the cure because it has been used since the beginning of time with period dramas, so I'm used to it. Atleast it's with the couple I like, so I will overlook it. But I really like that they have some reciprocate romantic time together because it will be pretty short lived before the next storm. The book is the same as well. They hardly have much happiness time with each other before the next storm comes, and there are LOTS. 

7 hours ago, omiki said:

The "Pantene" scene was definitely overdone. I was literally roflmao. And since when did *ahemahem* become the cure for severe injuries and fever? If so, a lot of illnesses and diseases would be wiped out from the face of the earth!!!!

Incredulous writing aside, WC is doing a great job as a stoic but smitten general. He looks mighty fine riding his black horse. AB has improved from her previous peiord drama but it's too obvious that almost all her outdoor scenes were superimposed. She was literally floating in some scenes. It's probably because she was pregnant during the shooting. Nevertheless, I am following the series because of the 2 love stories. Btw Princess TY is so pretty! Good pairing with SYZ. 

yup she was pregnant and she found out when they were shooting, even Wallace didn't know that she was expecting :)) I still think Wallace has got more chemo with Tiff... 

I love Wallace and all his love line works for me mainly because of him. He made it worked. In terms of chemistry with leading ladies, they are all the same. None are more amazing than the others. I watched Sunshine for purely Wallace. He made the character so likeable. His leading lady, the acting and the character, was so bland that if it wasn't for Wallace, I would have dropped that drama on 1st ep. Honestly, I thought the actress played the younger self was so much better. But too bad she was too young to play against Wallace. I'm still waiting for Wallace to act opposite a good actress so he didn't have to do most of the work.

11 minutes ago, faythe said:

I love Wallace and all his love line works for me mainly because of him. He made it worked. In terms of chemistry with leading ladies, they are all the same. None are more amazing than the others. I watched Sunshine for purely Wallace. He made the character so likeable. His leading lady, the acting and the character, was so bland that if it wasn't for Wallace, I would have dropped that drama on 1st ep. Honestly, I thought the actress played the younger self was so much better. But too bad she was too young to play against Wallace. I'm still waiting for Wallace to act opposite a good actress so he didn't have to do most of the work.

hahah even if he plays with a oscar winning actress, she is not gonna be good enough in our eyes, Wallace is a great actor..  He uses every single muscle in his body..   with this long hair and white gowns, I have noticed his forehead is heartshaped, maybe it looks like that in this drama as I have not noticed before..  

It looks like they gave CBJ another love interest. It's a one-sided crush from the other side, but does thing come after BPT disappear? In the novel, she stayed secluded for a VERY long time. I wonder how long is she going to stay disappear in the drama?

10 minutes ago, faythe said:

It looks like they gave CBJ another love interest. It's a one-sided crush from the other side, but does thing come after BPT disappear? In the novel, she stayed secluded for a VERY long time. I wonder how long is she going to stay disappear in the drama?

we are 10th Jan now so if the drama is going to end the first week of feb.. Maybe a week or two ?? 

for the sake of viewership, I doubt writer will have the lovebird separate for too long.  in the novel haft way through they separated for way too long, and for a while it focus on Hexia alone.  I skipped some of those 

there'll be another cave scene, wonder what's that all about as well as him going to war and she visits him and we'll see nakkkkked CBJ forcing a kiss on BPT. hopefully not another windy moment this time haha

today's ep ends with CJB stabbed BPT.  wow he really was going to stab her the first time but Ze Yi intervene, but she ended up getting stabbed by CJB, not intentionally from CJB because she shield her body for Ze Yi. 

I doubted that he was going to do it. Most likely will stopped at the last minute but ZY came to rescue her anyway. I actually really like ZY, such a loyal guy.

They were separated too long in the novel. I hope that will not be the case in the drama.

Yuppie, so glad I found a place to discuss this drama! Started watching this after the somewhat disappointment of Stay with Me. So far, I have to say, the plot is fine but the pace of the drama is a little slow. Maybe it's because they are stretching it out to 62 episodes, but I keep wishing they would hurry up with a lot of scenes. The random slowmo is killing me...I seriously can't. Also, I really wish they had picked a better actress to play Bai PingTing. Angelababy's expressions are stoic. Looks like she's having trouble crying in some of the scenes. Aiiiieee, it's just that her acting skills are not on par with Wallace and it's frustrating. Also, her eyes and lips are bulging, it's distracting. Why did they pick her as the lead???

Chu Bie Jie is Sima Hong's half brother. The condition for him to return to his actual birthright was he cannot take on the Sima surname and that his mother had to die to protect the secret. Sima Hong's mother will adopt him and he will be brought up in privilege.

I suppose I will be like our couple here where I will appreciate the precious short moments that they are together. I repeated watching Episode 13 several times.

I loved the strength of their love as they are always defied the odds to save each other. Sima Hong's empress is so wise. Despite, losing her own son, she still warned Sima Hong not to fall onto someone else's trap.

@apdy

today's ep ends with CJB stabbed BPT.  wow he really was going to stab her the first time but Ze Yi intervene, but she ended up getting stabbed by CJB, not intentionally from CJB because she shield her body for Ze Yi. 

I did not see that. Is there more episodes that can be view elsewhere?

@Jackie1048  thanks for the clarification.  I thought they are siblings even though half siblings.  I just wished that SH is just as wise as his queen.  She seems very sincere in loyalty just like CBJ.  I really do like BJT.  She is one fearless woman.  She is just as fearless in the drama as she is in the novel.  One of the best female characters in Chinese drama these days.

I really love the song when BJT played in front of the fort in i think episode 13.  Someone finally found it in another blog...very beautiful.

18 hours ago, thundergirl3 said:

Oh my goodness! I have to clean my eyes and totally wipe out that scene from Episode 12. What the hell happened to my cool, suave and super smart couple!!

They've somehow stolen Beyonce wind machine and sneaked into the scene. Totally ruin what was meant to be a romantic moment between the two leads and somehow managed to make it into one of AngelaBaby's hair commercials - how disappointing! I will never look at Pantene in the same way ever again.

HAHA I cringed soooo much at the Pantene scene. I was like wtf, are you serious. The slowmo made it so much worse, I seriously can't. 

Archived