[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] General And I 孤芳不自赏

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, Tang Soon said:

@straw99 - Apparently BPT's dad is a god level sage that forecast their nation's fall will be caused by CBJ.  

I would like it if they follow their meeting from the temple to the manor, the push and pull scenario.  Maybe due to no fights scene and gnawing slow, it is shelved / improvised.

The other thing that irks me is in drama BPT supposed to learn Military Book and is the source of everyone's greed.  

I agree with this. I felt really bad for BPT in the novel. She actually does not like war at all and doesn't like to be involved in it, but because of her military intelligence, she was constantly forced to participate.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The drama is moving way too quick, up to ep 7 and they already parted.. {it's up to the part in the novel where she met HX again, the five year treaty were Donglin can't invade Gui Le,  refused to go back with CJB, he left his favorite sword behind}

At least give the OTP sometimes to develop their feelings & warm up a bit.. 

2 minutes ago, Kristina303 said:

loved the zither music she played at the end of the 2nd episode. Anyone know if there is a name to the song so I can look it up online?

Do you use soundhound..   just open the app let your phone listen it, if it's on youtube it'll find it

3 hours ago, makeuptemple said:

oh Wallace Chung my man :)) General and I  looks pretty exciting..   Most of his partners in dramas are much younger than him. Just like Nicky Wu..   I am on ep2 and trying to understand the drama 

he looks good in his 40s .. can pass as early 30s.  he and AB looks well matched 

12 minutes ago, apdy said:

he looks good in his 40s .. can pass as early 30s.  he and AB looks well matched 

Yes he does! Agreed!

3 hours ago, makeuptemple said:

oh Wallace Chung my man :)) General and I  looks pretty exciting..   Most of his partners in dramas are much younger than him. Just like Nicky Wu..   I am on ep2 and trying to understand the drama 

Dramafever has the license if you want to watch it in English. I like that their trying to sub it as it airs. I hope they continue licensing more Chinese historical drama's.

26 minutes ago, apdy said:

oh I never said he looks old lol..   he is one of the guys who does not show his age :)) he is really hot :D 

2 hours ago, Kristina303 said:

yes I tried but no results TT ^ TT  but thanks for the tip.

I am not sure whether we are allowed to use 3rd party links but here you go  http://onehallyu.com/topic/442620-character-teasers-and-osts-for《general-and-i》wallace-chung-angelababy/

1 hour ago, nanstarrr said:

i think i like him more in modern setting dramas. but will give this a try anyone know if it's being sub?

I found 2 episodes on Kissasian

2 hours ago, finebyme said:

Wallace Chung has A LOT of makeup on him for this drama. Still good looking thought. I found him more attractive in You are my sunshine

yes he looks very pale here but still good looking as you say....  he still attractive here..   but he was more attractive on my sunshine. :) 

28 minutes ago, maartjeheit said:

Did I read it wrong in the book? So far as I know CBJ did not kill HX father. The king did it. I like the beginning of the book better.

Yup seconded, the beginning of the book tells how BPT ended up in the Hua Manor and BPT is supposed to be getting her way out of the mansion but fate intervenes by weaving her's and CBJ together.

CBJ did not kill HX father but rather it is the effect of BPT creating safe haven for the King's empire that lead to the King having free reign of things to expedite the hunt and killing.

Also it is the same event that lead Bei Mo into seige by CBJ.

At least they show the courtship of HX and the princess.  :)

16 hours ago, makeuptemple said:

oh I never said he looks old lol..   he is one of the guys who does not show his age :)) he is really hot :D 

I am not sure whether we are allowed to use 3rd party links but here you go  http://onehallyu.com/topic/442620-character-teasers-and-osts-for《general-and-i》wallace-chung-angelababy/

I meant this music: 

it's probably not an OST .

they are moving pretty fast, full speed.  hello this is ep 3 and you already trying to kiss her..  I wonder when will they get married ep 16 or smth....   I do not want them to turn this into scarlet heart or princess wei young.   if so prepare the 2nd season from now..   I'll take you into palace...   proper fairy tale prince :))) that tarzan moment (I'm giggling here) & who carries a sewing kit with them???? she's repairing his gown :)) love already starting to flame up.. I believe the two little kids are their childhood

Hi....

The books for this drama is awesome..... I have the translated file with me for month now.. but i haven't got around of reading this yet because I'm waiting for the drama to air first Lol... But i know that from the parts i see when i save the files.. i know I'm gonna love this book... BPT is a great character... CBJ only love BPT. And that's a fact.

Now moving on the drama... I'm really loving the visuals here.... and AB as BPT is unexpected because she's too pretty for BPT which has been said to be a ordinary beauty ( i have my own thinking about this but.. i think Chinese Old standard of beauty maybe different from the current Standard so.. Maybe she is that pretty hahahaha) I think AB portrays the cool BPT well.. so I have no issues with her and WC's portrayal...

Buttt.. I have major issues with the King's concubine... OMG... what the helll ... Lol... she is so annoying..... and in the trailer there's a scene where a girl is trying to kiss CBJ??? Sigh... Me thinks the writers takes too many liberties with this story.... 

62 episodes is very very long.... it could have give them room to follow the book closely and expand it just right... LOVE O2O is an example of a book adaptation done right... 

I'll continue to watch this show.. but yeah... that concubine makes my hearts boils... ///// flipping table.. 

Archived