[Mainland Chinese Drama 2017] General And I 孤芳不自赏

sugarplum892

Just now, fluffychim1013 said:

HAHA I cringed soooo much at the Pantene scene. I was like wtf, are you serious. The slowmo made it so much worse, I seriously can't. 

LOL I cringe also and fast forward that part LOL.  I just wished they filmed it a better way instead of having AB hair the centerfold of the scene.  It is supposed to be a romantic scene not a PPL for AB hair LOL

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, fluffychim1013 said:

Does CBJ know that he is of royal blood? Anyone know?

Yes does anyone know? I am curious too.  If that is correct then the only other person who has rights to the crown is CBJ.  i don't remember if CBJ know in the novel.  From what i have seen so far CBJ is SH only living relative.  Is that true? Gosh I was hoping they would catch up on the subbing of the drama.  No wonder i am sometimes frustrated with Dramafever LOL  I guess i need to read the book again to see what I have missed so far....

13 minutes ago, ktn1122 said:

Yes does anyone know? I am curious too.  If that is correct then the only other person who has rights to the crown is CBJ.  i don't remember if CBJ know in the novel.  From what i have seen so far CBJ is SH only living relative.  Is that true? Gosh I was hoping they would catch up on the subbing of the drama.  No wonder i am sometimes frustrated with Dramafever LOL  I guess i need to read the book again to see what I have missed so far....

There was no identity issue in the novel. I believe that was the reason why he resigned after the death of his nephews.

Just now, Jackie1048 said:

The Empress told Sima Hong that with the death of the prince, Chu Bei Jie is the only blood relative he has got now. That is why Empress told Sima Hong to investigate the matter properly.

Thanks for the clarification!  That noble consort is going to stir up more trouble with the help of HX.  I hope it doesn't last long and she is found out quickly.  I guess they have to drag things out with the 62 episodes.  But I have to say i am addicted to this drama.  It as so many feels and i really loved the novel.  I am going to read the novel again so i can see what is going on.  I am a sucker for a strong male and female leads.  I like the queen so much better than the noble consort.  She seems like she has a noble heart and that is is faithful to the king just like CBJ.

Bai Ping Ting had observed that Sima Hong did not have a lot of wives. Of course, one might said that he favoured the Royal Consort Zhang so much that there was no other women in his inner court. Ping Ting was the one who rubbed salt to wound and said it was because Sima Hong valued his Empress which is why he just had one Royal Consort only. Chu Bie Jie rubbed it in by saying Bai Ping Ting is the only woman for him.

I loved the way our couple matched each other in knowledge and intelligence. So sweet when Chu Bie Jie said he was proud that he "lost" to his wife.

Both were children who lost their parent during conflict of war among the kingdoms (era of 16 Kingdoms) which is why they are advocates for peace.

Huh, that was quick. One minute she was shooting a hair commercial and now she's getting stabbed. Busy lady. I have to admit I'm getting confused because I need that darn english subtitle. I can only make out a few words like, "I love you", I" like you", "you belong to me", "what are you going", "are you running away again". You know if I don't watch it with full english subtitle CBJ's starting to sound like a serious stalker. Besides I want to listen to how smart BPT is and how she outwits everyone including her 'husband'.

My only quibble which is a small one is that I dont quite like CBJ dubbed voice. I don't know why but everytime he speaks I'm expecting it to be deeper. He's still a great actor but wondered if he selects his own dubber like Hawick.

Incidentally has anyone ever wondered if Wallace might be scratching his head wondering what's with all the CGI scenes and artificial nature scenes when there's a beautiful garden literally around the corner, as in 3 metres away?  He must be too much of a gentleman to mention it.

Is it just me or it's starting to get a little distracting. I mean they're riding on a horse across a bamboo forest and then it zooms into their face and it's not real. Slightly jarring I must add.

Ah I love this dysfunctional couple! The angst is so good! 

I swear that CBJ actually likes it when he is in a battle of wits against BPT. He gets all fired up and doesn't hold back. They are well matched and like to push each other's buttons. Well let's just say BPT is pushing most of the buttons and CBJ has been more than forgiving after she stabbed/poisoned/betrayed him. 

I like this battle of intelligence and hope that it doesn't move to the palace harem any time soon. I like to see military intelligence rather than petty concubine/harem troubles. 

I like that there were no love triangles in the novel. HX doesn't really count as he doesn't "love" her that way. She was more or less, his confidante, best friend and sister. He just doesn't want to lose her to CBJ. Had she like any other man, he would be fine, just not CBJ. Well, I can't really blame him for that. It's a valid reason for him. I think they have enough issues that the author didn't think it was necessary to add a third party. 

I'm not sure what to think about the new love interest for CBJ. But there are 62 eps so I guess they need some sort of distractions or fillers. This must be during his braid period judging by the preview so I can only assume that was when BPT disappear for years. Judging from the preview, it looks like CBJ's love interest discover BPT. But it also looks like she didn't tell CBJ about it either. The good and bad thing about BPT is that she doesn't throw tantrum like other women, but her will and determination is pretty much made of iron. Once she makes up her mind, there is no changing it unless it involves life and death.

Haven't seen the preview yet but I am not surprised that CBJ has his share of admirers lol but I agree I liked that in the novel there was no triangle, but is she and CBJ actually together or will it just be her interested in him? 

Actually there is 3 person keen on BPT who is HX, CBJ and the King.  The only person BPT loves is CBJ while her loyalty to HX is mostly due to her been indebted to his family.  That is how I sees it.

The drama is blazing thru the novel like Fast & Furious and is bound to run of material.  Wonder what would the writers put in to lengthen it to Episode 62.

the broadcast version on hunan is a bit longer than the version on Youtube Croton -- Croton eps is behind the actual broadcast about 15 mins 

anyways, BJ has the whole plan layout,  to kill PT in front of Sima Hong in order to save her, I suppose there's a way to stab somebody & easily revive them later.  drama version has CJB as the perfect lover. :) 

I agree that drama consume the novel way too fast.  tomorrow's eps looks like they made up, he can't stay mad at her for too long hehe

--- 

0069UYvely1fbn09rc6ecg30ad05ukjl.gif

27 minutes ago, Tang Soon said:

Actually there is 3 person keen on BPT who is HX, CBJ and the King.  

Huh? The King? Since when? He hates her for killing his 2 sons! Besides, he looks like he is going to die soon from the 'gold pill' he's been fed with. 

37 minutes ago, Tang Soon said:

Actually there is 3 person keen on BPT who is HX, CBJ and the King.  The only person BPT loves is CBJ while her loyalty to HX is mostly due to her been indebted to his family.  That is how I sees it.

The drama is blazing thru the novel like Fast & Furious and is bound to run of material.  Wonder what would the writers put in to lengthen it to Episode 62.

4udrama.com said it's going to be 40 episodes. 

7 minutes ago, omiki said:

Huh? The King? Since when? He hates her for killing his 2 sons! Besides, he looks like he is going to die soon from the 'gold pill' he's been fed with. 

Not CBJ's king bro. It's the King from the Yen kingdom.

I don't consider HX and the King as competitor for BPT's heart. HX and the King didn't really compete for her heart. HX doesn't love BPT in that way, and the King more or less is just attracted to her elegance and talent.

18 minutes ago, omiki said:

Not that King Brother of CBJ, Sima Hong but rather the other King of Yan.  He is practically jealous of HX with his family's control over military which is the King's insecurity plus BPT's loyalty to HX family.  He ordered a monument for BPT to be constructed when everyone thought BPT is killed in Bei Mo.  Of course his action created a rift between the King and the Queen which lead to HX's opportunity to invade Yan.

That is all in the Novel but drama watered it down to King of Yan's need for Military Book that is in BPT's brain.

Anyone following Condor Heroes 2017 ?

@faythe @Tang Soon oh ya, I totally forgot about that creep. He wanted her for her knowledge of the military book and/or looked interested in her.

From what has been shown so far, it looks like CBJ may not know he is the half Brother of SMH. When his Mother died, the Empress Dowager wanted to kill him as well, but SMH objected. So SMH knows, and maybe the Empress. I wonder if the Noble Consort and her  Father knows as well? Is that why she is poisoning the Emperor and trying to make CBJ take his place?

Heh, we should take the Novel as inspired source for the drama.

Not all everything in Novel will be reflected in the drama especially each and every one's intention and motivation.  Yaotian is pretty proactive which differs from the novel too.

As long as they don't botched up badly for this drama, we should be thankful.

Archived