[Drama 2016] Let's Fight Ghost 싸우자 귀신아

Go Seung Ji

Someone in this thread asked why Bong-pal's father is absent from his life. Needless to say, things get more and more complicated after Bong-pal's mom died and Bong-pal starts to see ghosts. But there are of course, other complicated reasons behind the sour father-son relationship. At least that's how it goes in the webtoon. If anyone is interested, please just pm me 

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a theory about HJ. I honestly don't think she is dead. She doesn't look like a ghost you know? Yeah she can pop out of thin air but other than that she doesn't look like the other ghost in the drama. The ghosts in the drama have this pale look and they have this white aura around them, she doesn't. She looks like she is a normal human being that can see ghost like BP. I think that HJ is in a coma. It is believed that when people are in comas or even when they get into a deep sleep their spirt of soul leaves their body for a brief moment. I'm not saying I believe this for real but in Kdramaland this makes perfect sense to me that she could be in a coma. What do you guys think? I may just be hoping that she isn't dead so that her and BP can be together, with her being alive, lol :sweatingbullets:

I think HJ is in coma but her soul wanders around because she can't remember who she is nor who are her parents or home.

Bong pal is alive or dead? The lady scolding the monk for ransacking the trash said the apartment is not lived in. Either the lady is dead or Bong Pal is dead ... remember thé movie Six Sense where the doc is dead and he didn't realised it.

In regards to the letter, why is the dad writing and have the monk delivering it to him?  Maybe the monk didn't realise that BP is dead as he can see dead people but his talent is a bit screwed. The letter is a way of BP dad to communicate with him in the nether world. Or BP is in coma like HJ and his soul wanders around like living.

Can someone please explain the joke on his name Park Bong Pal? HJ was laughing saying "lucky it's not the other way around."

[160711] Let's Fight Ghost Live Chat 

TY, SH, KY: Wow~
SH, KY: *waves
TY types and says: WOW~~
SH: Stop typing, and greet them
TY types and says: WOW~~
TY: WOW~~~
SH, KY: hello!
TY: WOW~~
-
TY: KY: The first 150 will be given iced coffee
SH: What if 150 people didn't come?
TY: I will drink it all. So, shall we greet them?
-
Q: Isn't there a generation gap between TY and SH?
TY: The difference is big.
SH: He keeps asking question to check.
SH: Why do you do that?
TY: I want to experience the generation gap.
-
Q: Thoughts on the offer from Let's Fight Ghost?
TY: Before the script was edited, Bongpal was more pathetic. I liked his pathetic side. It was pathetic.
-
Q: Isn't the ghost makeup scary
SH: It is.... I would sometimes scream. 
TY: Oh really?
SH: You don't?
TY: I can't see them.
TY: I can't look at their eyes when they put lens. I find their eyes scary. So when idols wear circle lens, I can't look at their eyes.
SH: You're afraid of many things, so it doesn't suite your appearance.
TY: Thank you
-
Q: Does SH hit you often?
TY: SH doesn't hit me on a normal basis. We get comfortable when we're acting, so she's been hitting me.
TY: Didn't we talk about this yesterday? Hey, you had been hitting me more these days
-
Q: What's the hardest part about filming?
SH: Don't you have a lot? Spill it.
TY: Yes! Everything is hard.
TY: We film at night for exorcist scenes. I always check the time, because we have to end it when the sun rises.
-
Q: How do you fight the sleepiness?
TY: I just... endure it. I endure it.
KY: As expected from the beastly-idol. You're like a beast.
KY: Please show us.
TY: ....what out of nowhere.
KY: Please show us.
TY: Show what?
-
Q: What are each other's strengths?
SH: For Taecyeon...
TY: What? You have nothing to say huh?
SH: No, he's the best atmosphere maker.
SH: When filming gets hard, he lightens up the atmosphere making it less difficult. He buys a lot food...
TY: That's right, keep going!

CnTHWpAVUAAt0pt.jpg
SH: He's the best.
TY: You say it so insincerely
KY: Why don't you buy me delicious food?
TY: We don't have many scenes together.
SH: That's why you buy it when you do film. 
KY: That's right.
TY: Alright fine. 
KY: Wait do I have to buy food, because I'm the hyung? I'll buy the food
-
Q: SH, who would you pick as an ideal type? Hyesung or Bongpal?
SH: Bongpal.
TY:........okay.
TY: You're not going to give us a reason. You just end with "Bongpal"
SH: You didn't ask me.
TY: Oh so we have to ask you
SH: The character Hyesung is too nice, perfect, and flawless.
TY: That means I'm...
SH: flawed
-
TY: I had been sending support trucks to my members, but they aren't sending any back. I believe they will send it someday  before it ends
-
Someone said they won't watch the drama in the chat room.
TY: MR. SON HAKYU! SON HAKYU! YOU LITTLE RASCAL
-

CnTNXjOVYAABkXf.jpg
TY:We are wearing props that are ghost themed. IDK what SH is.
SH: What are you?
TY: The devil. Ghost, devil, hello?
-
Q: Share a fun story from filming.
TY: We were filming late at night at a school. We were yelling a lot so the police came.
SH: Is that fun?
-
Q: TY, do you know SH's birthday?
TY: Her birthday was the day before filming began, so I bought her cake.
SH: Oh you bought the cake?
TY: Yeah.
KY: It was my birthday last week.
-
KY: I watched you on the cooking program. You were very good.
TY: It looks good. The taste is.. You can't deliver the taste, what a relief
-
TY: Let's do a bet who can guess the ratings the closest. Loser goes to the haunted house. Wait, nvm. I can't do it.
-
Q: Will the 2pm members make a cameo appearance?
TY: This isn't my decision.
-
Q: SH, do you know all the 2PM members?
SH: I do. 
TY: List them.
SH: Jun.K, Junho, oh wait 
TY: STOP. She knows.
SH: I know.
TY: She knows
-
TY: Our generation gap is.. *cough*
SH: I know (them)~
TY: alright
-ending-
TY: SH, read your part.
SH: I did.
TY: You forgot to say it was fun.
SH: glares*
TY: I'm sorry

pictures and translations credit : yjjchoi

Thanks @duldulok for the chat translation! Kim So-hyun and Taecyeon sound very comfortable around each other, which is why their acting looks natural. I was one of those people who doubted that this pairing would work, but whew! They've blown me away.

Hello to @stargazer187 ! Yes I'm that crazy lady from Hajina thread! *wavesss*

Speaking of Bong-pal's father, I'm afraid what you mentioned wasn't the reason behind the distant father-son relationship.

However, seeing that drama!Bong-pal is older than webtoon!Bong-pal and is a lot more mature, it's possible that this is the case in the drama. Or maybe, like @cheekychipmunk_stv said, it's because drama!Bong-pal = Bruce Willis  in The Sixth Sense.  Let's wait and see. 

To @cheekychipmunk_stv and anyone else who's interested

The Joke in Bong-pal's Name (Why Hyun-ji Laughed)

The 박봉 (Park Bong) of Bong-pal's name (박봉팔) means either "starvation" or "underpaid" in Korean. If the 팔 (Pal) Hangul is put ahead of the Park (박), his name would --gramatically incorrect, of course, but still-- mean "staying the night (in) starvation" or "underpaid night" or something like that. 

Which was why Bong-pal was lucky the Hangul of his name weren't reversed. Since basically his nightly exorcisms were already cheap. :bawling:

P.S. cmiiw, fluent Korean speakers.

Annyeong ^^

10512378.jpgHi guys..

Did i see wrong?

Was there any shadow of ghost after prof?

Edit: Why did i have a feeling that prof is the one who involved in Hyunjin accident (?)

And i'm agree with the idea that Hyujin is not died yet, maybe she was in coma state..

Annyeong guys, I'm new to this thread, nice to meet you all!

Wow I'm in love with this drama, it takes only one episode to get me hooked! Such a fun, hilarious and creepy but in a good way, lol :sweatingbullets::D it's a ghost-romcom drama, so it's like I'm getting The Master's Sun vibes all over again hehe.

And I was surprised with the kiss! We already got 2 kisses in two episodes! :wub:

Such a daebak chemistry between Taecyeon & Kim So Hyun, I think they make a cute couple :heart:

Let's fight ghost, fighting!

tumblr_oaces8kkfF1rzbbrio2_r1_250.giftumblr_oaces8kkfF1rzbbrio3_250.gif

tumblr_oaces8kkfF1rzbbrio1_250.giftumblr_oaces8kkfF1rzbbrio4_250.gif

cr: feries.tumblr.com

On 14/07/2016 at 9:00 PM, 12blbl said:

I always love the girl who played HJ,:wub: she's good. Anyway those 2 boys scene who recorded ghost are quite dragging, skipping them alot and it turned out their scene are quite long. 

i fast forward and skipped those scenes out entirely.   

Hi everyone,

I am absolutely in love with this show. When I first saw the teasers, I don't usually have any problem with age differences but I was pretty unsure about Taecyeon and Sohyun's chemistry. It was mainly 'cause I was never a fan of Taecyeon's acting. BUT I AM SOLD NOW. I have become the biggest fan of Park Bong Pal. hahaha Love him!

Here's a fmv on these two. XD Enjoy. I had great time editing this video. 

Guest AlexMao

After watching the first two episodes is: Does Mong Myung Chul actually see/sense spirits/ghosts at all? It'll come across as rude but he reminds me of the charlatan shamans you see in a lot of dramas who play upon a persons fears/desires. Take the ghost (see below), one he misidentifies him and then seems to antagonize him with rice. I should probably add the opening few scenes where's jotting done scripture/rights to perform at the wake/service (strikes me a bit odd). 

Moi8fwh.png

On top of that I'm not really sure what to make of the Ghostnet duo, they come across of the comedy act but a number of the things they do feel very low-brow if not something you'd see on like Gag Concert right down to the silly hand gestures. They're a good laugh don't get me wrong but maybe minimize their shtick a bit. 

Annyeong Ghostbuster chingu deul :)

I'm happy that this drama is doing quite well from Episode 1. Yeah Ok Taec Yeon...I'm happy for you and also for Kim So Hyun. Both leads are my fave. Taec since 2PM and Family Outing 2. Kim So Hyun since Ma Boy, a short drama which made me like her :wub:.

I will be here during today's live....hopefully my connection is good then I can spazz with everyone. I wonder what type of ghosts will make an appearance today :P

@AlexMao Hi! I really, really love your post, so forgive me for my lengthy reply.

Re: The Monk

To my understanding, the monk used to be excellent at exorcism, but now he's only a shadow of his former self in this regard. So no, he can't see ghosts. The monk can sense their energy irregularly. The cause of the loss of his psychic sight is still unknown at this point in the drama. But if I might theorize a bit, it probably is related to his drinking and eating habits, as well as past guilt and/or trauma (could be related to Bong-pal or something else altogether).

Despite this loss, the monk still has to make a living. Either exorcism is the only thing he's good at  or he is doggedly attached to the profession and Bong-pal,  he still performs exorcism and rites. Part of the occupational benefit (?) of his exorcism is his stopovers at Bong-pal's, so he gets to see how Bong-pal lives. 

Re: The Ghost Net Boys

As for the Ghost Net boys, I can't vouch for tvN's scriptwriter but Im In-seu jakka-nim gave them significant roles in the latter parts of the webtoon's trajectory. I can't explain more or that will be spoilers (you can pm me if you want to know more). 

So, any of you who skips their scenes in the 2 episodes, please be patient and bear with their antics... :D

On 7/17/2016 at 1:33 AM, blvnt said:

Guys, anyone know what song is playing when hyun ji followed bong pal (ep 2) ? 

@blvnt  Hi! I still have to watch the episode again...but did you mean the part 1 OST of this drama? If you did, it's called 너만 보여 (Neoman Boyeo) sung by Ryu Ji-hyun and Kim Min-ji. 

Archived