[OFFICIAL THREAD] DDONGI COUPLE ~ (Eric Nam ❤ MAMAMOO Solar) LEGGO~!

Le_Sanguinea

@papaxmoo

Spoiler

Yes I don't like when people plaster Mamamoo channel with comments about Eric either. I mean I do like it in a sense that it supports Ddongie couple, but we should be more considerate toward people who only come for Mamamoo music. I'm surprised by the likes too, like how many Ddongie supporters are there on YT? It's funny that our couple's highlights on YT never get that amount of likes haha.

@Farfalle Yes I LOVE "Words Don't Come Easy"! It's my No.2 favorite Mamamoo song behind Piano Man (all their songs are fantastic but sorry nothing top that). I just really love jazz/blues/r&b genre in general, and to see that being portrayed in K-pop... that's why Mamamoo is jjang~ :D

Spoiler

Those 'selcas" comments are unavoidable chingu. Many of our shippers are oblivious of the consequences that come with it. Now that they saw Eric posting a message to Solar, they will question why he doesn't post her pics even more. I like to look at it on the bright side and see that as a sign that there are tons and tons of fellow shippers like us out there that will shower Eric' SNS with support if he post things related to Solar (also who knows how many of them are actually also lurkers here in our thread right? :P)

----

Chingus,

I've been reading a lot of Solar's responses to the controversy of her scene. Now that I've spent time to think about this carefully, I actually have my own perspective of what exactly happened, and I would like to share. This is just my opinion, so feel free to disagree with me, ok?

Spoiler

So, Solar told us that she was trying to portray a different side compared to her members during that scene, and I wonder what was it that she was trying to do. Don't you think Solar, in that scene, was trying to portray a mildang concept?

Let's look at it beyond the actual event that happened. I believe that her forced kiss scene is a symbolism for a push-and-pull romance. When the guy forcefully pull her in for a kiss, she initially resists it at first and shows displeasure, but afterward she let it go and accept the kiss. This is a portrayal of a mildang romance. The girl play hard to get at first, resisting the guy's advance and dislike his romantic gestures, but deep down she actually likes it. So if the guy keeps on pursuing her and won't stop showing her love (a.k.a keep kissing her in that scene), she will eventually give in and open her heart out for him.

Now, why is Solar the one that portrays this out of all the Mamamoo girls?

1) Remember, Solar is always the one that's not nitpicky, and she is willing to try out things that RBW suggests, even if it's uncomfortable for her.

2) She's the eldest member, so she gets to shoulder the responsibilities/consequences that might come with this scene.

3) Thanks to a conversation I had with one of our chingus here, I finally remember this:

The reason why Solar agree to do this is because she herself is a symbol of mildang among the girls. Moonbyul said it, that Solar is the best at playing hard to get. I don't want to assume too much, because I am not Solar, but I believe that Solar actually likes to play push-and-pull in a relationship as well. Note that she gets to play this game, not the guy. So, if you need a girl to carry out the mildang concept, who would be better to ask than the mildang queen herself?

Also, if you notice, in all three other kisses, the lip action was shown (kinda), but for Solar's kiss it wasn't. This might be a symbol of how, while the other members's style of romance is very straightforward, powerful and revealing, Solar's kind of romance is harder to be seen, and her display of affection is more of like a guess work (we have to imagine what her kiss might look like, while the other members, you don't even have to imagine it.)

4) She did that to make Eric jealous, and sending a message to him (just delulu here, don't mind me)

If you look at it that way, then it makes more sense. I believe that RBW is decent and smart enough to not promote that kind of inappropriate behaviors to their fans. However, I do believe they could have gone about doing that in a much better way. What they did turned out really, really wrong, and now they are being battered and criticized for it. It's okay, everyone learns from their mistakes to improve, and it is the same for RBW and the girls.

@Roxanne Guinoo26 I agree with you 100%. Moonbyul dresses a lot more conservatively compared to Solar, but when it comes to skinship, she's the super greasy one while Solar isn't. They are really like the Moon and the Sun, like yin and yang, that's why they mesh well together.

• Like 5

I am so elated that RBW made an edit and deleted the other video even though it would be fatal to their chances of winning on music programs. If you watch the whole thing you can see there are more changes than merely Solar's kiss scene taken out. The overall message is the more consensual and the female characters had more control over their bodies. 

Spoiler

@Farfalle I am so glad you see my point. I don't believe in spamming their sns with comments like that, of course I want to see the photos that wgm don't share but same as you I don't want to be pressured into it. That's just squeezing an artist into submitting to whatever whims fans have and that's not right. 

@enko20 some 'fans' just really have no respect or common sense. 

@Farfalle The articles that you posted, where Yong mentions Eric. Did the reporter actually ask about him or did Yong mention him on her own? Because we don't actually see the question we can't be sure what the context is as well especially where Yong mentions Eric. Could you possibly clarify? 

OMG MAMAMOO

Yong: what all of us don't have/lacking in?

Wheein: BOOBS

Moonbyul & Hwasa: -throws note pads- it's HEIGHT!

answer: hidden talent

:joy::joy::joy: 

Edit:

@enko20 I see your points and it does make sense. a LOT of dramas are like that, I think when a group is trying to target younger audience(high school students ect) they do the mildang concept, well personally I think it's so childish something you only really do in school. Also there really wasn't enough context to really understand the characters too well either. I mean if there was a snippet of a smirk indicating that she was just playing hard to get then at least we KNOW she likes it. you know I'm sayin? I mean before he kissed her.

The other thing I think, please feel free to disagree, when ideas are molded and brewed in a company and especially when the company is tightly knit(RBW) you tend to have people of similar mind and feeling. After shooting for 12 hours, I think it went on even longer more like 24 cause they didn't even get to change for cultwo show and Hyejin mentioned in the showcase how early they started shooting. So everyone is a little out of their mind and having something been brewing for a long time and not reaching out for outside perspectives or thoughts cause I mean MVs and concepts its very hush hush when it comes to artists and their comebacks has resulted in this. I am purely speculating here on the saying 'you become the people around you'. 

• Like 6

MAMAMOO Solar, "Virtual husband Eric Nam, kiss scene in the MV? I think he will understand if he looks at my bank account"

This one made me laugh really hard. I agree with her, work is work but he might be a little jealous as well, like what she felt when Eric had his comeback. I really hope we can see clip from WGM that they talk about this. 

I also watch both MV, I am not against the first video, like what Solar did she wanted to be different and base from her personality, she will really resist that kind of move ( but maybe eventually give in, like in the music video. Am I making sense, I can't gather my thoughts properly...sorry chingus). I think it depends on the how a person will view it. But the revise video ain't bad either. 

Like what @enko20 said, maybe she's portraying the mildang concept. In this forum before, someone already said that Solar is good at mildang.

I'll be back when my mind is at ease. With all the hype today, I can't think straight. 

P.S. 
don't forget to vote Mamamoo and Eric chingus... 

• Like 7

@papaxmoo what do you mean? 
I only gave my opinion about Solar and her personality. 
I read the the article http://news.heraldcorp.com/culture/view.php?ud=201611071703510864582_1
someone posted it here. 
with  english translation. if you mean this  " MAMAMOO Solar, "Virtual husband Eric Nam, kiss scene in the MV? I think he will understand if he looks at my bank account" '

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, papaxmoo said:

I see your points and it does make sense. a LOT of dramas are like that, I think when a group is trying to target younger audience(high school students ect) they do the mildang concept, well personally I think it's so childish something you only really do in school.

The other thing I think, please feel free to disagree, when ideas are molded and brewed in a company and especially when the company is tightly knit(RBW) you tend to have people of similar mind and feeling. After shooting for 12 hours, I think it went on even longer more like 24 cause they didn't even get to change for cultwo show and Hyejin mentioned in the showcase how early they started shooting. So everyone is a little out of their mind and having something been brewing for a long time and not reaching out for outside perspectives or thoughts cause I mean MVs and concepts its very hush hush when it comes to artists and their comebacks has resulted in this. I am purely speculating here on the saying 'you become the people around you'. 

No I agree with that point. I think for an upstart, small-scale company like RBW, this kind of mistake was bound to happen sooner or later. I think you already know that RBW and Mamamoo actually work on their music concepts together, and the girls get to contribute a lot of their ideas that RBW will use. It's kind of like an inner-circle kind of thing, with not a lot of external influences involved. It's the freedom that they want to give, but with that freedom also come consequences.

I also believe that this is why Solar was feeling terrible after seeing public's reaction. I believe she had a say in the concept behind that elevator scene she played. It's kind of like "Oh! I have this interesting idea that might give our MV some uniqueness, so let me try this out please". So when that scene came out and people start bashing RBW, she felt it was her fault that her company is being criticized for something she suggested. Just speculation, but I think it makes sense.

• Like 5

@papaxmoo (about the article) is this what you're curious about? i will copy and paste the question and answer based on what the article says

Q: "남편이 이해할 수 있을 것 같냐"

(Do you think (your) husband will understand?)

A: "일이 니까 해야한다. 남편이 통장을 보면 이해를 하지 않을까?"

(Because it's work, he should. Shouldn't (my) husband understand if he looks at my bank account?")

according the article, the reporter brought the "남편 (nampyeon/husband)" word first and she answered it with "nampyeon/husband" too

• Like 10

@enko20 think we solved that murder mystery, I do really love the fact that they're so involved but definitely when you're only mingling with a small group of people. The new edit is much better, although a little rash and a little too late still RBW chose humanity over wins. 

@coolbrattyro ahhh @gureentea has answered my question, thank you! Ahh so the reporter did bring him up cause I really don't think Yongsun would have on her own and to be completely honest I don't think she should if she ever did because it would seem a little selfish(not the time and place). This is their comeback as Mamamoo, a unit of four. You don't want to draw attention away at a showcase. The rough translation said Eric Nam' instead of husband and didn't mention the bank account part. 

omg chingus I wonder if they used their joint bank account??? or ever visit their apartment when they're not filming. I think if they ever did visit its cause they really needed to go to the bathroom hahaha or needed to rest asap? in the area? then again theyre like masters at sleeping in the car. 

• Like 6

@Roxanne Guinoo26 Are you new here, chingu? Welcomeeee! :D Hmm I think I haven't known MAMAMOO as a whole that deep, but yes, she has shy personality. The members and Eric also acknowledged that :) 

@enko20 My #1 favorite is also "Piano Man"! *highfive* :D Haha. 

Spoiler

Agree with you, it's unavoidable, and I understand that Eric's post today makes us so excited :lol: Yeah, it's really good to see many people look at their relationship positively. I only hope that most of Ddongi shippers stay well-mannered like this so they also can enjoy their relationship normally without being too blown up :)

And regarding the MV interpretation...

Spoiler

I can't comment much since various interpretations are acceptable (and subjective?). The one who knows it well of course the one who participates in making the plot of the MV.

I'm not good with words, but I want to write my thoughts, so pardon my writing :sweatingbullets: Personally for me, after reading the lyric translation, it may be about the tension of awakening passion? I don't know if I use the right word haha. But it's similar with yours I think? It's like they know it's a dangerous temptation (which is symbolised by the male model), but they can't help themselves to feel good about it. So there's hesitation at first, but finally they give themselves to the temptation. Why do I think the song could be named "I Feel Good"? :sweatingbullets:

@Le_Sanguinea Not just you. "Decalcomanie" is great, but I also have to replay it like 5-7 times to get used to it haha.

@papaxmoo 

Spoiler

Yeah, but the good thing is comments like that aren't that many this time. I hope other Ddongi shippers keep respecting both Eric and Solar like this. I don't want either one of them would hesitate to show their friendship publicly in the future because they feel pressured :(

Regarding the article, I translated that Korean articles where Solar mentioned about the bank account because it's funny and I see no one translates that haha. The article content is in the spoiler below the title. Of course I took it from the trusted source :D It looks like there's a press conference session before today's showcase and they answered questions from reporters. And no, I think she meant her real personal bank account, means she doesn't have much money? :lol:

3 hours ago, papaxmoo said:

OMG MAMAMOO

Yong: what all of us don't have/lacking in?

Wheein: BOOBS

Moonbyul & Hwasa: -throws note pads- it's HEIGHT!

answer: hidden talent

:joy::joy::joy: 

And not just you, I also heard that when I watched it! LOL Wheein! :lol:

@coolbrattyro Hahaha I'm glad to see Solar now even can joke with her answer about Eric to the press :D 

@cinnaminskies Omo, good finding chingu! So he knows about WGM? Then he should be understand if someday Eric took his revenge on him :phew::lol: I think he's one of us!

-----

Snow App x MAMAMOO "MAMAMOO 10 seconds challenge"! This is recorded before they have their comeback, I think I've seen the clothes before...

Solar's mission (which is chosen randomly by Wheein):
Pull something off with hands full of lotion (?) in 10 seconds. But she failed :lol:

-----

We haven't seen many of Eric's updates these days, but I think he has been in Korea, though? Photoshoot for W Korea magazine?

Spoiler

From Boston College event!

• Like 9

Hmm.. so the MV kiss for all the MAMAMOO members were not real kisses? or smh? but I really prefer for them not to TT_TT

Here are my thoughts regarding that elevator scene...

Spoiler

When I first watch the video.. my initial reaction was Uh-ohh this will blow out of proportion, forced kiss even in dramas are hardly acceptable what more for idols that influences youth in majority. IMO.. this was really a bad move.. yet I understand why they took the risk. MAMAMOO is nothing like any girl groups.. they're not your typical idol group with innocent-lovely concept during their debut.. Why I myself got interested in MAMAMOO quickly.. their music is different from the others; it's fresh, it's unique, it's something that'll make you go like "ooh, I didn't see that coming, woaah!", singing ability is unquestionable, the girls themselves is one of a kind.. sometimes I'm amaze myself why I find them so amusing.. and that's because I can see freedom, free will and joy in what they do.. They're not totally free they still need to be cautious and all but for me that's the reason why they seems to look so fun on stage, back stage, with camera and off-cam.. they're aren't called beagledols for no reason.

With that said I agree, it seems that the members have their say in the MV.. it's hell so sad to think that Solar might have been so apologetic towards her members and the company for the controversy but she shouldn't be.. her group; MAMAMOO's persona and style of music calls for that kind of concept a bit wild and a somehow/way mature cut.. no wonder RBW and MAMAMOO agrees to that "idea" it's challenging in a way too.. unfortunately the incident is like a out of bounds line in basketball.. once step on it, it's out. So, I'm glad and relieved that they took it out instantly.. but hey the show must go on, it's the music and how to support the girls are what's more important :)

Anyways it's just a speculation of us, so let's set it aside for now and watch the show go on and focus supporting them :D also don't forget to vote on MAMA for uri-yeba and sister in laws and yoon-ddong! fighting guys!

Uri-ddongi seems so fishy.. the very casual holding of hands, arm pillow.. greasy moments. those lovely gazes towards each other :wub: what actually happened in dubaii~~? :phew:

Omo~ omo.. the preview for the next episode.. I suspect it's a hidden camera for Eric but I doubt if they'll completely prank him lmao! anddd will she finally kiss him? :wub::lol::rolleyes: kyaaaaaaa~ I can't wait for saturday to come!!!! but darn uri-yeba looks so pretty with her new look, wonder if Eric can continue restraining himself to steal a kiss..*delulu on*

giphy.gif

I mean just look at him in dubai during the fountain scene~ I was like screaming with the panelist during the episode *sighs* dabdab-e, Yoon Do-sshi! :P 

• Like 7

@Farfalle Yes it's all different perspectives, like Solar said. I do agree that the lyrics suggest a "falling for temptation" kind of concept, but it's interesting to me that Solar wanted to show something different. She was also overwhelmed by it in the end, but along the way, she showed resistance/struggle unlike others who flirted with the temptation. It's very deep and symbolic in a sense, but the literal meaning of that sequence was too provocative for people's liking.

That "bank account" joke was hilarious. I'm glad that she didn't only response honestly to quesitons about Eric, but she can be playful about it too. It's comforting to me in a way seeing how at ease she was.

Also two things I noticed from her statement that really remind me of these WGM moments:

1) She laughed shyly, "I should do it because it's for work."

Ac4wjxs.png

2) If he looks at my bank account, he will understand

jMQVGKTHKnOjm.gif

Are you hinting at something here, Solar?? :lol::lol::lol:

• Like 11

@Farfalle you should really put what you translate on tw so others can understand the joke, so many people missing out on comedic Yongsun! Oh yeah, I don't think she meant their joint account when she mentioned that on wgm haha and I thought 'look at my bank account' as in I've done the MV now so I'll get paid soon 'look how much I got paid' rather than 'I'm broke boiiii' hahaha it's funny how different we saw it. I honestly thought there wasn't enough context, but I understand what you're trying to say with the lyrics. If there was some kind of sign of HOW MUCH Solar's character was into him, it would make it more clear like nervously playing with her rings, or biting her lip when he wasn't looking in the elevator you know?

I love that snow x Mamamoo thing, I have no idea who or what the snow thing is for but so hilarious!

@pwnkl I fell for Mamamoo pretty much the same way you did, with their music and immense musical skills and ability. Yong loves hidden cameras, she loves seeing others suffer and cause she is always bullied now she has Eric to bully haha

@cinnaminskies nice find! from what I heard from him in the showcase he was very awkward and not very gentlemanly. I think it maybe because this might have been his first MV as a main character judging by his following on ig? He didn't give much of an aura of an experienced model. if any chingus watched the showcase live you would have heard that Hwasa's kiss scene he didn't hold her up, like didn't even support her weight so her waist was in immense pain. gosh! I was shocked like bro what are you even doing??? your hand's not meant to just sit there and do nothing! aiyahhhhh~ 

@enko20 isn't it so nice that she is not intimidated by the question or the press. I'm so glad she can be playful like this, just shows how comfortable and close they are. If this comeback was earlier in the year I think she would have been stunned and stumbling for answers but not anymore. 

remember when Eric saw Yong and immediately did the Um Oh Ah Yeah dance? now just imagine him trying to do Decalcomanie :joy:

can't wait for a full on bts video of Decalcomanie, no matter how provocative the MV turned out it was not without a lot of suffering. lmao I love their cringing faces everytime they felt too awkward, it's so hilarious.

oh hanve chingus watched Eric on sketchbook a while ago? where he previewed of his unreleased songs? gosh they're so good I wish he'd release them already. they're more like Into You style. 

• Like 5

On 11/7/2016 at 11:08 AM, abbychan said:

Do you guys have twitter? let's follow each other and spazz ! my un is @abbyroad24

I'm @papaxmoo on tw chingus! 

@abbychan I think we just had a convo and I didn't even realise it was you lmao, it would be nice to have more ddongi chingus on tw, I haven't been able to find many TT_TT 

@cinnaminskies wow the performance is ALWAYS way better than the mv and listening to the song on it's own in my humble opinion. Yong dancing a little too hard, I think it was just for her ear piece? I wished they had like said goodbye before ending the vlive last night, it ended too abruptly. 

I don't know what's been going on but I have seem to miss a lot of posts, mainhae chingus! I think I was way too excited and was checking up on the forum through my phone, I didn't mean to ignore any chingus :ph34r:

Spoiler

Yeba's 4th and final kenglish video coming soon, I haven't been able to bring myself to make it yet cause it's a little sad. I've also been watching Yewon and Henry's stint on wgm, I am watching for Eric's reactions and comments as well. Was Eric a permanent panelist at one point? I'd like to gather maybe his reactions and comments for future references. he has such explosive reactions to Henry sayin and doing cheesy stuff but the man himself can't help but do the same haha

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, papaxmoo said:

I've also been watching Yewon and Henry's stint on wgm, I am watching for Eric's reactions and comments as well. Was Eric a permanent panelist at one point? I'd like to gather maybe his reactions and comments for future references. he has such explosive reactions to Henry sayin and doing cheesy stuff but the man himself can't help but do the same haha

He was an official panelist for a good part of early Season 4, dated all the way back to before Hong Jin Young left the panel to become a cast I think. You really should check out his reactions to SoLim couple too, he literally died over and over because of their actions hahaha :lol: (and imagine his reaction if Solar does that kind of thing to him)

• Like 4

@enko20 there is so much talk about Solim I might just have to watch their stint now. I was monitoring comments on Decalcomanie mv yesterday and the reactions to ddongi comments, a lot of people were saying 'Eric/Solar was on wgm' like their stint already ended and it was really fascinating to me. do they know something we don't or are they just using the wrong term? but they really did emphasis that it was past tense not present tense. 

we are spoiled this weekend! Mamamoo on Sketchbook, Immortal song and our Ddongi!!! I can't wait for more legendary moments on Sketchbook.

• Like 3