[OFFICIAL THREAD] DDONGI COUPLE ~ (Eric Nam ❤ MAMAMOO Solar) LEGGO~!

Le_Sanguinea

wow what an episode. love it! but i don't really know the preview since my connection is lagging :sweatingbullets:

@papaxmoo

Spoiler

i already unfollow those people actually. ofcourse there isn't a way to completely get rid off those. it's good that you can view it positively like that. i also salute their photoshop skill but still to me it's kinda unnecessary and childish way to do. i think i never come accrossed to such fans that doing something to that extreme til now.

their way of thinking & also their action/reaction can actually damage and delay mamamoo's growth. you know even other fellow moomoo kinda feel that it's saddening that those moomoos are complaining a lot. if mamamoo do this, they complain and if mamamoo did that they complain. instead of doing those things, they could actually just supporting without creating any drama. they are too sensitive and feels like they babysit mamamoo. if they wanted to give an opinion/suggestion is ok but do it with manner and always be thoughtful/mindful expressing it.

to be honest there's some outsider (they told me) that they dislike those extreme action and thought those ppl are ridiculous. so don't be angry if outsider commented moomoo are too sensitive. cuz tbvh i also feel like that.

actually i told all of those as a awareness to whomever might seeing this. that shipping thing/being a fans of celeb is fine. just know when u can go for it and when u have to stop. there's a limit into it. don't make your action turn to be a damage to other people. there are already many proven evidence that those kinda action can be harmful at some point. if it's not now, it might happen later on.

i'm writing about those things not because i hate LGBT ppl. i respect their belief. also i have gay friend (eventho we lost contact) and i respect his values when he confess to me about it. not even judging him.

i mean if the idols come out about it then i'm ok. it's their decision (it's what their value/belief) but i dislike it when people forcing/insisting their fantasy on idols even when the idols themselves already draw a line here and there (making it clear they are not like that) but they still crossing it. it's like they are not even respecting their idols

ps: the kissing thing is just my wish to at least reducing their fantasy. cause now or later, things like that might go into a bigger problem if we let it slip. it begins from us, so i hope fellow moomoo/anyone who likes solar/eric also can grow to be a mature fans instead of just a typical idol fans. 

since mamamoo have a growing fandom now. there will be a issue here and there and it's inevitable. just don't forget the rules to be a fans. there's do's and dont's

• Like 4

@Farfalle No please take your time, I'm not in a hurry or anything here. It's nothing to do with my article chingu, it's just something that I think might be useful for us to know, that's all.

This ep, gosh... WHERE DO I BEGIN?

I want to post my thought like, really badly right now, but ahhh I need to take all this in first. :astonished:

But next ep though... omg IS THAT SOLAR GETTING ANGRY? I've never seen Yeba that upset before :o Pretty sure this is a hidden camera prank alright. Eric, you mischievous... you :expressionless:

• Like 6

Hello chingus! :D I gotta say, mad props to Ddongie couple who has such great power to make a lurker like me come out of my shell and finally post in this forum although I visit this forum pretty much daily to read all the lovely lovely posts here and soak in all the love for Eric and Solar ;__;

However, as soon as I have summoned all of my courage to post...the latest episode has really left me speechless. BECAUSE. GAH. WHERE DO I EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE ALL THE FEELS IN THIS EPISODE *tears*

I'll post more after english subs come out, but can I just say that EVERYONE here is just so lovely and I am so glad I found this forum because as much as Ddongie couple makes me happy, reading everyone's posts and love makes me even happier :blush:

• Like 8

Yeah, it must be a prank because if it isn't, mbc would somehow blur the shop keeper face and notice how the camera is set up in the shop, like it's pre set-up to capture the moments at the right spot. I think it's Solar's idea for the prank because remember she said she wants to see the different side of Eric, like in that case how would he react to or handle a certain situation that might go out of your hand but I might be wrong though... :D

• Like 5

woah, this eps. I can't help myself to watch it even without sub. The video itself already showing how happy and grateful they're with each other companion. but still waiting for english sub. 

Spoiler

Solar hold Eric hand when they're going to the yatch (shy). and how Eric looking at solar at the fountain, this guys is looking at the most beautiful thing in the fountain *cough. For next eps i think it will spit into 2 eps. It's either Eric's prank camera or Solar's prank. 

If it's for Eric i'm positive it will be aired in 2 next eps for Eric's birthday. But it's for Solar it will be aired next week. But i'm not sure cause my prediction mostly turn wrong kkkk. 

needed your review guys, anyway this eps is jjangg! 

• Like 4

@zurah90 How have you been, sis? :D I get what you feel since sometimes I also want to say much, but you know that I need time longer than others to write my thoughts since my english isn't that good, but the free time is too short :sweatingbullets: Glad that you're still updated with their activities :D 

@NitePanda *highfive* My connection was lagging too :sweatingbullets: I get it that you meant it for the idols' (esp. MAMAMOO) and fans' own good. I agree with you too. Since the fans are growing, it's the stage when they may do mistakes here and there, just let them learn by themselves. I'm relieved that there are still smart fans between them that can criticize their own fandom's misbehavior :)

@enko20 Okay :D The last month's timeline is finished too, I'll post it soon! Hahaha me too, I have many thoughts for today's episode but I'm confused where to start and I'm in not a good situation to write about that comfortably :') And chingu, I think the one who pulled the prank is Solar though, not Eric. I think Solar isn't the type to get angry easily. 

@joeyyyyy Hellooo, glad to see a new chingu here! Firstly, Eric looks so good in your profile picture :wub: Not just you, I'm also confused where to start :') Looking forward to see your thoughts!

@coldcucumber Agree, I think it's Solar's prank to Eric too. Like Solar, I'm also curious about Eric's another side. But I think he can handle it. He looks so calm, even trying to cool Solar's anger down too. No wonder he's the nation's boyfriend! B) The clerk was so rude though, telling that she would like it if Solar goes out from her shop :sweatingbullets: 

@Ira Ajja Next week MAMAMOO will appear everywhere :) And here's MAMAMOO cut on next week's Immortal Song.

• Like 5

@Farfalle @coldcucumber Oh you two might be right. I kept thinking it was Eric's prank at first, because I just want to see him prank her that badly and also he looked like he wanted to see a reaction out of her. But I watched it again and it might be the other way around. I agree, this might be Eric's birthday prank that Solar set up to see how he would handle her when she's out of control? :sweatingbullets: If that's the case, I hope she would surprise him with a gift afterward. :)

And talk about birthday gift...

Spoiler

What would be a better birthday gift than a POPO ON HIS CHEEK, AM I RIGHT? :heart:

WDGjkRt.png

Spoiler

Also did you guys notice that they played and singed Nancy Wilson's "I Wish You Love" together on the yacht? Then Solar posted not long ago on her fancafe that she's been listening to that a lot... Hmm, very interesting Solar...

@joeyyyyy Hiya! I'm always happy to see more lurkers coming out to join us, so... welcome to our family! :D

• Like 6

Hollup hollup hollup chingus so...I used google translate on the preview text cause I just wanted to know what's it says cause I only know some of the words being said:

he/it's is not much

it's a cute baby (this is so not right) :joy:

Yongsun got prickly

I want you out

what the $h*t is to the couple (this is laughable) I think what it's meant to say is, what will happen to this couple

all I understand is, the lady said to 'I want you out' and Yongsun's like 'wait a minute', 'it's not meant to be like this' and Eric 'I know/understand, I know/understand, me too(I agree/feel the same)'

yep I think Yongsun's trying to prank Eric when he least expects it, if it's in chronological order meaning she kissed Eric's cheek in the booth then they go to the shop then it's even more of shock to Eric cause she was so playful and happy beforehand, you know what I''m saying? but if it's not and it's post-shop prank wouldn't that be such a good reward hehehe

can't wait for next week's episode! I think chingus are right, Yong did say she wants to see many different sides to Eric :innocent:

@joeyyyyy ayo! welcome welcome to the family! hugs all around! we are a nice bunch no one bites here haha

@zurah90 hello!!! welcome back!!!

I'm seeing some new faces! HELLO!!! those who are lurkers come out and play with us! we won't bite, promise!

@enko20 OMG as soon as I heard the start I was like 'did Yong just??? did she just put that on??? OMG' but I couldn't help but notice Eric's face while that song played. it looked a little strained you know? like it's not a happy song. ahhh my heart. 

@Farfalle thanks for posting that clip I am so terrible at finding these things. 

@NitePanda chinguah I think you're preaching to a choir here at this point, I think we can agree we are all chilled out here. 

Edit:

MBC where the BRIs for the fountain scene. WHERE?!?!?!?! my connection didn't lag that much for me to miss a whole chunk right?! I'm almost mad cause I wanted to hear more of the convo rather than see the fountain. yes it's beautiful. yes it's stunning but I don't need to see the same thing four times from different angles.

did you guys notice how excited the editor got when they're on the bed, actually in general I felt they replayed the scenes a little too much. I am not complaining, there's a certain amount of time until you go 'okay I saw that, what am I looking at now? am I missing something? is there MORE???' -stares so hard I start tearing up- I was right for once! Yong's hand was on Eric's arm when he rolled over! (or did I only imagine that and not say it out loud)

• Like 7

I'm bad in guessing who prank who for next ep but if all you're guess are right that yongsun who made prank to eric i could see why she's so hype when she made vapp while filming that time...perhaps her prank goes succesfully 

just see the cut scene of mamamoo cameo for entourage...and you're right @Farfalle mamamoo will appear everywhere

@enko20 a popo from solar it's mean she grant all eric wish right...

• Like 6

I think I'll just have to agree to disagree with some things from our discussion last night but that's all good because today's episode was so good!!

I'll save all my thoughts for a full review once the dubs are up but Solar! Kim Yongsun! That's such a sad song! And now it's forever connected to the two of you! What are you doing to my heart?

ALSO SHE'S GONNA KISS HIM NEXT WEEK I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT IT. Mostly because all the times he's kissed her have been for a game/punishment but it seems she's doing it because she wants to and ahhhh!!! 

• Like 5

@papaxmoo 

Yes I'm pretty sure she's setting him up for a shocking situation to see how he reacts. They were so happy before that though, then she did a complete 180. 

And I agree with you tbh. I felt like they focused too much on the scenery instead of their interaction. It felt like MBC were promoting Dubai and not our couple. I didn't like how they just played the fountain show over and over when they could have used that time to show more of Ddongie, not to mention the panelists were talking over them too. Just some downsides to an otherwise fantastic episode overall.

@Ira Ajja

You might be right, chingu. I think she was happy that she prank Eric successfully, because she always try to prank her members all the time and it never work :lol: And yah that popo might be the "surprise skinship" that Eric was asking for.

58 minutes ago, cinnaminskies said:

I think I'll just have to agree to disagree with some things from our discussion last night but that's all good because today's episode was so good!!

No? I thought we were all on the same page :huh: Did I say something wrong?

And that song...did Solar know the meaning of it? Lol it seems to me she was singing it so happily, like ,she thought it's a cheerful song or something, while Eric was feeling a bit awkward because he understood the lyrics.

• Like 5

my bad there was BRI that my stream cut out cause of lag. 

@Ira Ajja I think you're right haha she was so hyped haha I think it was successful too. noooo don't say all his wishes are granted ahhh......

@cinnaminskies I thought we were on the same page too? we're all good here, what's up? o.o

@enko20 it annoyed me so much when they lowered ddongi's volume and focused on the panelists, they ruined a perfectly beautiful moment! and they didn't replay it or put text for it(I dont remember) we need a korean lip reading detective, applications open. yeah his pained face, hits me everytime that sad smile. She might not know the full meaning I guess since it's a cheerful tune?

Yongsun is never ever usually that still for that long, the only times I've ever witnessed that is usually during IS2 during performances where is so immersed that her jaw drops. There must have been a lot of thoughts going through her at the time of saying goodbye. Like cherishing the moment before someone pops their perfect little bubble. I am so GLAD MBC decided to send them to Dubai. 

• Like 5

@papaxmoo

sorry if all of my explaination are making you guys uncomfortable. at first i was just saying what i had in mind, stating a wish that i think it's still related to ddongie couple then it lead to more dicussion here and there. sorry if it become too repetitive/draggy. i know that you guys all here are still chill but some of you or even the lurkers might not know about some things that has been going on and i was saying those things in hope that it might inform the lurkers and get another perspective.

since it's a forum, i guess i could still share some opinion/wish/sentiment here and open a discussion. i'm not saying this just for me cuz i know some ddongie shipper got hurt and also become less excited to spazz about ddongie in soc med due to the extremist action.

but well yeah let's move on. can't wait for the eng sub and also next week eps! :D

also i think i have to refrain myself sharing things here and back to lurker mode. chiao!

• Like 6

Hi guys!! 

I've been a silent reader these past few months but i think it's time for me to post something...

I've been following WGM since WGM 1 but watching intensely since WGM 2. I think WGM 2 is the best. My favourite couple is Yongseo. Taemin - Naeun and Joy Seunjae caught my attention too. I also enjoy watching Adam couple and Solim couple (they are funny and unique).

I think I tend to love SLOW BUT SWEET couples which progress very slow but their chemistry and compassion towards each other built on a solid foundation as they're not rushing everything. Instead, they let time to naturally consolidate their bonds. (YES there are times when i feel really annoyed "why no kiss?" "Why not holding hands?" and times when their friends force them to do some skinship, "I'll be like 'THANK GOD'!! Those couples are like my roller coaster!

AND Lately i've grown to love Eric and Solar. I can see that Eric is very experienced actually and very open and very willing to make progress with Solar (doesn't necessarily about romantic relationship) while Solar is very cautious. I think Solar is very hesitant matter fact that she is new, she has a good image, she didn't know how her fans will react to WGM. BUT these days Solar has stepped up her game! I saw that she linked her hand in Eric's arm before going to the yacht, naturally. I remember that Yongseo also did that "natural holding hand gesture" when they were in Busan and about to get on a boat tour. That's when I feel like "THIS IS IT!". They are completely comfortable with each other and especially Solar has finally opened up

Eric and Yonghwa actually did very well. Despite having the urge to lift their respective partner off of their feet, they suppressed the urge and match their pace with their partners' pace so that they can be comfortable with them. 

I really hope that their relationship won't change even after the show ends and they can remain comfortable with each other. Yes I do hoping that the couples I ship will end up marrying each other and live happily ever after together until death do them apart kekekekekk buut... As long as thy don't change because they are afraid of the haters, I'm GOOD. 

Sorry for my long post... Have a great weekend guys and hope saturday will come really soon before we know it so we can see our couple very soon and hope they'll be kissing lips soon! ahahahaha.. Night night!

• Like 8

Whoa!!! I can't get enough of today's episode. 

The upgraded everything; titanic pose, my ears candy and the ketchup fried rice. 

Like what Solar said, I love all their Dubai episodes. It's sweetness overload, I was like Sechan when Eric looked at Solar like that, I think he really stopped himself from kissing her at that moment. Solar's playfullness only shows how much she enjoyed this trip, I hope they can go some places more. 

Despite how much I love the past few episode, I somehow missed their house -though it was just a short part, Eric teasing Solar about the picture(she kept on hiding it)- this girl really need to accept the reality that she is really pretty. 

Can't wait for the sub tomorrow and I am looking forward for next week's episode. I wonder what makes our yeba annoyed ( is it a prank? ). 

By the way, Mamamoo had a short appearance in the drama entourage, you guys might wanna see it. ( though i'm sure you guys already did )

Don't forget to vote guys.. Mamamoo is now on the second spot. Lets not loose this chance. 

Let's support our couple- Eric's new show and Mamamoo's comeback.

Ppyong~

• Like 7

I loved today episode, especially how comfortable they are around each other. Regarding the preview of next episode I don't why I thought of Solar sister while watching it. I know it is far fetched but it would be awesome if she and Solar planned to prank him together :D

And a special surprise from VIU.. the subs already out!

Eng Subtitle

Enjoy ;)

---EDIT---

One thing I didn't like about the episode is that the editing was misleading and terrible in a lot of times. for example when Eric was looking at Solar and all the fuss about how it is the perfect time for him to kiss her. The fountain show had already ended and the audience were leaving and then they shamelessly put the same shot again when they were talking to each other.. Not a cool move MBC you shouldn't bend the reality to your own bidding. 

• Like 7

Woooh! I'm finally back! Hi guys! :D

I'm not sure where to begin, you guys talked about a lot of things when I was gone. I did look at the thread every now and then but my connection was laggy at best in the mountains. :P I'll have to backtrack a bit to get some bit of sense going on here. :)

Welcome to all the new people! Don't be shy - all your posts and contributions are welcome! ;)

EDIT: Good grief, where do I begin? Scene cuts, Ship wars, prank speculations, and an awesome end to the month-long dubai special. Nice to see the thread moving so much. :D

- - - - - 

@NitePanda - I've read some of your posts when I was backtracking through the thread for things to put in the front page. Personally, I don't think anybody would mind if you post topics that would encourage discussion deviating from the normal. Part of being a healthy ship is the ability to tackle topics like that (ship wars, negative criticism etc) with an open mind. I hope you don't extend your lurker status too indefinitely - your opinion is always welcome, yes? :D

- - - - -

I've always liked this fact about this thread - the amount of traffic is generally smaller than other ships where both the guy and the girl have huge fanbases. Generally speaking, it's more stressful to participate in a thread if it requires you to thread a fine line between not antagonizing one side over the other with your comments. The TaEun thread was an example of that - you could practically sense who were the Shawols and the Pandas by their reactions to specific episodes. People like us who tend to be more neutral had a hard time keeping things in line with our episode reviews (mine always leaned towards Naeun because I was Panda). 

I was always aware of the fact that MAMAMOO had one of the more vocal minorities on social media, but I decided for my own peace of mind to just stick to this thread, mostly because I know I would not be able to hold myself from engaging in verbal debate with delusional fans even knowing that doing such would be like talking to a wall, a very stubborn and angry wall. :rolleyes:  Like I always say, let them enjoy their ship to their heart's content. But they should know, should they board MY ship and try to wave their idiosyncracies to my face, I won't hold back. ^_^ 

- - - - - 

I'm not a big fan of MBC's scene cuts, but I have to say - they have done a lot better with our Ddongi couple as a whole compared to other ships I've been in. The balance between romance is fair, considering that MBC already boxed them in as the "fun" couple out of the couples currently airing. Generally speaking, WGM always follow a rough format to the 3 couples that they pick, which in my opinion started from Season Two onwards. More often than not, you can categorize them into several "identities" so to speak - The Fun couple, The Serious couple, The Young couple, The Adult couple etc. More recent couples have been hybrids of these amalgams, but for me it's obvious that the editors are trying to peg Eric and Solar as the Fun couple. They really can't do that with the other two couples because BOTH the guy and the girl needs to be able to exude a bright and fun personality for it to work. The Taejoon-Bomi couple could probably do it because of Bomi, but Taejoon doesn't strike me much as the "Fun" type of husband; He reminds me more of Namgoong Min for some reason - I just can't place the feeling just yet. Jjong Ah was an exception to that rule because Yura single-handedly brought a fun vibe to the couple even if Jong Hyun dragged his feet expression-wise. :rolleyes: At the very least. I'm grateful that even if they're already pegged as the "Fun couple," the editing isn't as blatant as with other couples in the past tagged as such.  *coughkwangheesunhwacough*

I don't really mind them cutting some of the romantic scenes they featured in the previews because they made up for it a lot. Also, it depends on what the editors want to portray with their cuts. Back in season 1, when WGM had more airtime, they had these segments where they would show the studio panelists cuts that they didn't include and have the couples guess why they didn't include that in the actual segment. The PDs would then explain their reasons through their own BRI. Watching those gave the viewers an inkling on the thought process involved in the editing of the actual couple cuts. For example, Ssanchu couple had this cut where HwangBo was helping Hyun Joong with his shoes. The PDs explained that the scene gave off a mother-son vibe, and considering the age difference between the couple, adding that would dispel the illusion that those two were in their honeymoon. 

Back to our couple - they cut off the pool scene and the rose scene that was shown in the previews right? From my point of view they didn't want to give off a romantic vibe in that episode, because they intended to show that in the next episode. They wanted to show off Eric's caring side to Solar, then transition into a scene where they can show how their comfort level with each other increased (the pillow talk scene) because of Eric's sense in that regard. If you think about it, the flashbacks included in that scene all feature Eric caring for Solar in multiple ways, which is logical if you think about it from my point of view. 

Of course, all of these are just guesswork, so take my thoughts with a grain of salt. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 7