[OFFICIAL THREAD] DDONGI COUPLE ~ (Eric Nam ❤ MAMAMOO Solar) LEGGO~!

Le_Sanguinea

ddongie fam c'mon lets trend #thankyouddongie on twitter 
I've literally spammed my feed with loads of ddongie couple's past pictures with the hashtag

Let's do this! let's show them our love!!! who knows our support can encourage them to keep maintaining their this relationship as 'Friends' which hopefully someday can be turned into more than that lol delulu mind :wub:

• Like 4

I can't embed the video of their first meeting, but I'm rewatching it as the beginning of my long Ddongi couple rewatch, and I thought I'd share with you all some of their best moments from before they were on WGM.

• Eric's opening "UM OH AH YEAH!" right after Mamamoo stopped singing.
  • Eric saying, of Um Oh Ah Yeah "I listen to it every every day." Him being Mamamoo's fan beforehand always makes me happy.
  • The first appearance of Solar's yeba laugh, which Eric would later say was one of his favorite things about her.
  • Solar rapping and Eric, upon hearing it, exclaiming that "this group can do everything well!" (Which would later turn into Solar can do everything well).
  • Question: Solar, what would you do to get a handsome guy's attention in real life? Solar: Well I just thought about it, but I think I would try my best to make eye contact. Eric: SHE'S LOOKING AT ME!! Solar: *guilty yeba laugh as her members tease her*
  • Solar: *does the eye contact thing to the camera* Eric: OOHHH!. Solar, in English: Sorry! Oh my gosh!
  • Eric singing I Will Always Love You and her laughing at him because he's being embarrassing.
  • Solar singing I Will Always Love You absolutely stunningly and then not being able to finish it so Eric finishes it for her
  • Eric saying Solar's singing gave him chills.
  • Solar laughing at Eric's attempt to beat Moonbyul in a high note singing contest.
  • In the Miss Ambiguous section, Eric learning that Solar not only can't sit still but also loves food (two things they're going to have moments with later in their WGM run)
  • Those sneaky glances at each other at the end

Let's hope for more moments like this in the future! Eric has a new show and Mamamoo just started promotions, so it's a real possibility! 

• Like 8

Mamamoo mv making is out...will watch it after get sub

I see mamamoo wear suits, is this for cultwoo show...if they perform at this time it's mean wgm filming will be after this 

Memory in asia i tune chart...hongkong,taiwan,singapore,thailand,indonesia

• Like 5

@cinnaminskies I love those moments. It's really funny now looking back to see how they used to joke around and give each other looks like that. Sometimes I wonder, when he looked into her eyes in Dubai, did the memory of her eyes staring at him on ASC suddenly came back to him or not? haha full delulu on right now :P

I've been reading through this series of tweets, and I have to say I love everything that was written here. Just feel like sharing for those who haven't read these yet. (Thank you admin ice for your words)

@gureentea 

Spoiler

I really just want to shut my eyes and ears away from all that. It's a bit sickening to see it. It felt like all of the talk I had before about Eric and Solar fighting on despite domestic hate is coming true now. They are literally having a party, like what in the world...

It scare me that even the Moomoos are doing this to Solar. I expected this to happen to Eric by the Nampyeon, but a giveaway for Moomoos? How deep does their hatred run, that they are happy to see Kim friggin Yong Sun - a girl that has struggled her whole life to find friends, trust and happiness - having a relationship that give her all of this about to be taken away? 

I don't even know how to feel anymore. I believe in Eric's ability to be strong against naysayers, but Solar... she get affected very easily. I mean she will keep on smiling with them again after this, and they will believe that she's now back to their own fluffy bright ball of sunshine freed from her own misery, right? Smh

• Like 7

guys please tweet #THANKYOUDDONGIE on twitter. a lot. like A LOT. let this reach them, at least to eric since he can easily read everything in english. he must know that they're loved. 

Spoiler

because of this:

i know you all dislike this but in case you're curious i will compile the event/giveaway they hold to celebrate eric and solar leaving wgm like basically their own fansites do this i'm so sad i can't understand anymore. we're opened to different perspective, right? you may skip and ignore my post. if you have weak heart you better not open this. they're seriously insane.

Spoiler

he/she write it big "WGM LEAVING"

• Like 6

@loconeko91_stv thanks for the info chingu

@gureentea thanks to share that...i don't follow to much fan acc so i just see that now. Do you remember when moomoo have project to reach 77.777 members in fan cafe during musical concert i believe some of us give help by join in...and after i see that memory get chart in my country i tunes i have guess it's because wgm effect cos our people like/love wgm

• Like 1

Last day of filming......trying not to cry...

looks like they were at the area where they had their wedding....

------------edit

Eric twitter post, most likely due to election results

And regarding how many episodes left for our couple... it'll atleast be 3 more, since Mamamoo's sched still have it til the end of November

Spoiler

dZM4fLn.png

• Like 5

@gureentea Thank you for sharing that. I wasn't sure how bad moomoos and nampyeons were reacting to this, but you chingus were right - they're drawing pictures and having giveaways to celebrate them leaving wgm? A variety show? asldaslkdjakljs This is all very new to me. 

Tbh, as I was originally a moomoo, ever since ddongie started, I have been paying less attention to Mamamoo as a group, but I still support them. It did feel like a lot of attention was placed on Solar instead of the other members with her being liked more and appearing more on tv, I think moomoos were worried that the group would be viewed outside of the fandom as "Solar & her girls," which seems to be problem with lots of kpop groups when one member becomes more well known. I just wish they notice that this was a growing experience for Solar. 

We all seem to be very quiet, but that's okay, lets keep it together until the next broadcast ^_^ 

What do you all think about sharing a link to this forum on Eric's insta? I don't have an account, but someone on the kshowdaily page posted a link to all of the 100+ good comments on each ddongie episode, anything to tell him that they're loved. Idk how much he personally manages his insta, but this might be worth it...

• Like 4

@onlybeagles I just realized that it's the same place they held their wedding... and now I'm even sadder than I should be.

@cinnaminskies They say when it rains, it pours huh? (And yes, I'm also living in the U.S now, so I know what you mean)

8 minutes ago, 97jbombs said:

Tbh, as I was originally a moomoo, ever since ddongie started, I have been paying less attention to Mamamoo as a group, but I still support them. It did feel like a lot of attention was placed on Solar instead of the other members with her being liked more and appearing more on tv, I think moomoos were worried that the group would be viewed outside of the fandom as "Solar & her girls," which seems to be problem with lots of kpop groups when one member becomes more well known. I just wish they notice that this was a growing experience for Solar. 

Wait...I've never heard about this before. Is there really such a problem? Mamamoo never gives me the vibe of being biased toward a certain member.

• Like 3

Hugs all around, chingus. And stay strong everyone. 

On a slightly happier note, I noticed in the photo of their last filming that what I think is Eric's elephant plush toy is sitting on top of Solar's luggage - hopefully this is one of the small keepsakes that she got to bring back to her dorm to remind her of their memories together :) 

• Like 5

@enko20 Not necessarily an official thing, but it's just a hunch that I feel and I'm sharing for the sake of conversation. This biasing toward one member always seemed so prevalent across other kpop groups, I'm thinking about 2ne1 and CL right now. Specifically, this kind of drove 2ne1 down to the ground, which many fans still resent, but that's another bag of worms. Eitherways, you're right in that I don't think Mamamoo biases any one of their members, and moomoos want to safeguard that and wgm might have endangered that by letting Solar shine more XD I'm not sure if any of that makes sense, y'all are free to disagree. 

• Like 2

This is it Ddongie fam T_T. November 09, 2016, the last filming date of Eric & Solar for WGM. I legit cried last night when I saw the news. I was so shocked. My heart shattered into pieces. I know this time would come but I never thought it would be this soon. T_T It's been a roller-coaster ride of emotions since last week; from their last Dubai episode, Mamamoo's comeback, Solar's controversial elavator scene, Eric's support message for Mamamoo and YongSun and now this hearbreaking news that they'll gonna end their WGM stint.

Actually, I stopped watching WGM when SoLim ended but when I saw that Eric and Solar will be the new couple, I watched WGM again. I find them interesting and I'm really into Mamamoo that time. This is the first time that I've been really invested in a WGM couple. I always wait and check for their preview pics, I don't know how many times I kept repeating watching their scenes, and for the first time I joined a forum because of the love I have for this couple, Ddongi.

For me, they are one of the best couples of WGM. They're very genuine and not pretentious. They are just being themselves and enjoying each other’s company and that's what I really love about them. They still have a lot of things to do together. I thought they're gonna celebrate Eric's birthday, spend Christmas together, support Mamamoo's comeback and how about the book that they are filling out with their memories, did they finished it? And they just put their Dubai photos and souveniers in their home, they didn’t even get the chance to watch a movie together T_T.  Them leaving the show really breaks my heart but that's the sad reality of WGM.

I think I’m not gonna watch WGM for a while. The current couples still didn’t catch my interest and my heart unlike Ddongi that got me really interested in them on the very beginning. They click on each other and they have this spark and chemistry between them. I'm gonna miss my weekly dose of happiness, energy and vitamins especially Solar T_T

I hope MBC would stretch out Ddongie couples final scenes into 2-3 episodes. I still want to see/hear Eric's reaction about Solar kissing scene on Decalcomanie mv. Jebal MBC!!!!

Sorry Ddongie chingus if I'm being too emo right now. I'll cry a Han River if Solar and Eric cry on their final episode. And I don't know if I can move on easily about them leaving the show. I know I ott accept it but it will really take time. Let's all hug my Ddongie family.

I know they'll be good friends even after the show but I'm still hoping to see some interactions on cam. Hoping for Eric and Mamamoo to attend MAMA 2016 and have some interactions there.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, 97jbombs said:

Not necessarily an official thing, but it's just a hunch that I feel and I'm sharing for the sake of conversation. This biasing toward one member always seemed so prevalent across other kpop groups, I'm thinking about 2ne1 and CL right now. Specifically, this kind of drove 2ne1 down to the ground, which many fans still resent, but that's another bag of worms. Eitherways, you're right in that I don't think Mamamoo biases any one of their members, and moomoos want to safeguard that and wgm might have endangered that by letting Solar shine more XD I'm not sure if any of that makes sense, y'all are free to disagree. 

I honestly don't think that's the reason for everything that they've been doing at all. It's just the fact that she is paired up with a guy that lead them to that. If, say, Solar is being sent to a musical show more often than her other members, I doubt any of them would bat an eye (like her Duet Gayo Festival). I do agree with you about the bias problem that exists in K-pop, but in this case, it's a matter of possessive culture/controlling idol's dating life. Looking out for their group's well-being is just an excuse they use to justify all of these...things (i will just say that at the risk of using expletive words) that they are doing.

• Like 2

Fiuh, I'm feeling better today than yesterday. I'm giving virtual hugs for you too, chingu! Again, don't be too sad. We know that this separation doesn't mean that they'll lose contact to each other. It's a beginning for their friendship in real life.

Regarding the photo of their last filming...

Spoiler

Can I complain about it? Why are they walking outside when the weather is cold like that? :( And walking makes them harder to talk, isn't it? I prefer them to stay at their house, talking heart-to-heart with each other all day. Really hoping the last episode won't be bad in terms of quality.

The only thing that I like from that photo is the white padding jacket that Solar wears. It's the one which makes Solar looks cuter and huggable in Eric's eyes, from the 'Frozen' date.

And although I'm not US citizen, I'm also getting anxious about the election. The outcome could affect other countries, I hope we get the best possible outcome. Looks like Eric is affected by this too beside their separation :( 

-----

I have one thing to share too. After trying to read some information in DC gallery, there's a possibility that their ending is due to PD replacement/leaving. There's no news about this, I'm trying to search for the trusted source about this. But I find some evidences. The PD that casted our Ddongi couple is Choi Yoon Jeong (최윤정). The PD names are sometimes included in Korean WGM articles, like this:

I can still see her name in previous articles until October 22nd/23rd. But from October 29th/30th, I can't see Choi Yoon Jeong PD's name in the articles. This is the article which was published on October 29th.

And then after I checked WGM official website, Choi Yoon Jeong PD name isn't there too. I remember that I've seen her name on this. (Try to search "연출" in this picture, which means "director". It's on the envelope part, the second row.)

-----

@enko20 @97jbombs I want to share my opinion too about this, chingu. And yeah, it's just an opinion, so feel free to disagree :) After reading many MAMAMOO fan accounts, I think most of them don't like the program itself, which is well-known to public as "forced/scripted" (although we know that's not 100% true from the interviews). So they don't like Solar to be casted in a "bad" program. They acknowledge that WGM makes MAMAMOO more popular though. The second is Solar's workload, like you know she's the member who has the most individual schedule in MAMAMOO. Adding that with MAMAMOO schedule, the fans are anxious for her health. And yes, there's a bit about possessiveness, but I think it's in minority, because many MAMAMOO fans are actually happy that Eric is Solar's virtual husband and they also like to see MAMAMOO interaction with other groups, including boy groups.  They like to see the girls become "social", because they've seen MAMAMOO herself said that they're not that close with other groups back then.

• Like 10