[OFFICIAL THREAD] DDONGI COUPLE ~ (Eric Nam ❤ MAMAMOO Solar) LEGGO~!

Le_Sanguinea

Oh my goodness...:bawling:

Same @zurah90, when I saw that Eric was going to be MC of a new show, I felt some tugs and wondered if that was a sign...the boy needs something else to do now that the show is over. Mamamoo of course is going to be Mamamoo. @cinnaminskies Your comment about next episode's kiss being preemptive rings very true now. If the scheme was indeed set up by SoIar, then she was probably giving Eric and the show the last of what she could :confounded:  It pains me though; they probably knew it was their second to last episode, but they still look so happy, it's just very misleading...Why would WGM let Solar set up such an elaborate scheme, making it seem as if they still had more to do and learn from each other? 

Oh my goodness :bawling:  Eric posting about Solar and the news coming out that they're leaving all at once... it's a little too much and so contradictory  

Let's keep it together, chingus :huh:

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, Farfalle said:

How I wish there's a "dislike" button just for this post :bawling:

It's shocking and so sudden. It feels not real. Even when I'm already preparing my heart before their Dubai trip, it still hurts. They also don't get to celebrate Eric's birthday :(

Honestly I'm already suspicious why they're so affectionate to each other and focus on collecting their memories lately. They obviously wanted to make good memories for each other. And how about the new small rack in their house, which is the place for their memories collection. The photos...

Agree with @gureentea, the good thing is we get to know in advance of their last filming date. We don't know if the episode when they went out in the autumn will be aired in 1 or 2 episodes, but guess we still have a couple weeks to prepare more for (ugh I don't like to say this!) their last episode airing.

Tomorrow is their last meeting as husband and wife. They will not meet for WGM recording again, but that doesn't mean they can't see each other in real life. At least we know there's a high possibility for them to remain good friends in real life after this. It's the thing that eases the pain and sadness, even if it's only a bit.

I agree with you, at least I can prepare my heart for their departure. And we all know that they will be friends outside WGM. though it will be hard for them to meet once a week, but they will absolutely support each other even maybe just through private message.
(sadly we will not witness the interaction anymore, no more weekly dose of our yeba and eric's vitamins:bawling: ). I hope Eric will request to guest mamamoo to his show. 

And about someone mentioning that Solar is being address' now as Eric's wife, I guess every participants in the show knows that it'll really happen. ( like Seo In Young and Crown J, even their segment ended long ago, but still the stigma of being married ( reel) is still there up to this time, (just saying) ). Even her members approve of Eric, so why can't we (?). And we see how he is taking good care of her from the start until now. 

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, enko20 said:

And I have a question everyone. Hypothetically, if Ddongie couple wins MBC "Couple of the Year" award (and they damn well should), does that mean they will get together for the award after their last episode? Because to me, that would be the most bittersweet ceremony I probably will ever witness (even SoLim couple continued after the award)

@enko20 The question that has been on my mind too. I don't know if they would be a nominee if they already left? I wish they would! And honestly the possibility is small for them to attend the awards as couple, since I think MAMAMOO's schedule will be booked with year-end events.

@ajul I kinda get the feeling though. It's like people only focus on "Eric Nam's wife" label, while MAMAMOO fans of course want Solar to be known by her talent and work in music. Fortunately, both Eric and Solar look okay when they're asked about each other.

@NamSeoYeon18 Sorry, but I think Ddongi couple wouldn't be seen as a good couple by dragging other people down -_- 

@97jbombs I know, right. They really look happy, that's why I think I will love the upcoming episode. They look happy because they wanted to left good memories for each other. They knew that they're ending, but of course, they wouldn't show sadness though since it's not their last episode yet.

-----

I want to share updates, but my heart slightly hurts to see some Korean MooMoos and Nam Nations are celebrating their end cheerfully :sweatingbullets: Haa~ Stay strong, myself~

• Like 6

@97jbombs They allow it because I think that's what both Eric and Solar wish for. Do you remember when Solar said that she want to make Eric feel how he made her feel? That's why. I think she already knew during their Dubai trip that their days were numbered, but she still wants to return to Eric everything he has done for her, and she will use their last two recording together to do this for him (hopefully, his birthday would be included too, even if it's early)

@Farfalle I really don't see any other way though. I'm not trying to disrespect or bashing any other couples, but who else would this reward go to? CaoCao left even earlier, Taejoon-Bomi just started. The only other candidate I see is 33 couple, but in my own opinion, Ddongie deserves this more.

It really makes me sad to see their fanbase celebrating like that. It's an embodiment of... possessive culture, should I say? Like "Eric/Solar is finally back to us, yay!" kind of thing. The saddest thing for me is the Moomoos who are celebrating like Solar is freed from WGM, when in truth, she just wanted to stay in Dubai forever and not leave. It's ironic that they think "Our leader must be happy now" and not realize how much she's regret and hurt (that until now, she still plays the song "I Wish You Love" to not forget about her time together with Eric)

@papaxmoo Yes their time lasted through the end of the year into the next one, and they even had an episode to discuss about the award and giggled about it.

• Like 5

@onlybeagles I hope you did well and your exams went well chingu, there is not much I can do than say mianhae

I can only hope MBC will extend it as long as possible, give us as much episodes as possible. Don't forget about the unaired episodes too chingus and director's cut. I wonder if they'll go back to Han river where they had their first date. you're all right about that fam, their confessions and affection in Dubai, I wonder when they knew. Someone mentioned 3 month contracts right? it's only been 8? does that mean they have one month left? or maybe one month of airing/release time? 

31 minutes ago, enko20 said:

And I have a question everyone. Hypothetically, if Ddongie couple wins MBC "Couple of the Year" award (and they damn well should), does that mean they will get together for the award after their last episode? Because to me, that would be the most bittersweet ceremony I probably will ever witness (even SoLim couple continued after the award)

I hope they win, if there's voting I'm gonna be on that. I've never participated in any of this until Ddongi came along. what do you mean Solim continued after the awards? you mean their stint lasted through the awards and ended afterwards? or did they get back together after the awards I am very confused ha

Remembering back to other couples that I've watched depart, KhunToria and Adam couple. I've watched Joy's last episode too and they usually always end up crying and I asked myself why? why does it affect them so much? if it was all for show (I guess some only cried for show too but) I mean it's obvious why but deep down it's almost like losing a best friend or a close friend. You no longer see each other on a fortnightly/monthly basis. You are unable to meet them in public easily without speculation and/or scandals. Then there's the I don't know what we are now or how to act around you now but thankfully Ddongi have a friendship kind of 'marriage' so I think the transition would be quite smooth in the public's eye. I really wish for non-wgm fans and non-shippers to be more understanding cause for us it is so much more to them. It's like salt in the wound on tw right now and I wish I knew more ddongi fam there. 

I'm going to try and stay positive and hope that MBC has a LOT to show us(who knows how much footage they have left and how many episodes they've filmed trying to reassure my heart and soul), they're kind to our Ddongi and will let us down easy. 

There is hope chingus!

Spoiler

recently Min and G-soul? became a couple and I have never seen so many positive comments. they were mostly if not ALL supportive of this couple. I don't know if it was due to Miss A's popularity had died down a little or what but I am really liking this new attitude knetz have. 

@Farfalle @ajul I can understand, why moos would be mad about that but it's not something anyone can control because that's they reporter's choice to address her as such. no amount of hate comments can change that, its like when Jessica left SNSD they still address her as former SNSD member. no matter how much some sones hate it. 

Eric + Mamamoo collab = DAEBAK they are all so EXTRA.

cheer up chingus! I know it hurts.

• Like 5

@enko20 Agree with you, of course I also think our couple deserves that. Still, sometimes award winners decision is mysterious in how they will decide it, it's like only MBC that knows. Don't know if there will be a vote too. And the rivals are not only other WGM couples. Sometimes MBC also put other couples from other MBC entertainment programs (which I don't follow) to their best couple category, there could be same-gender couples too.

Those kind of fans that you mentioned are making me upset, but some good fans of them also think that Eric/Solar's workload are decreasing. I can still accept this kind of reason. My heart becomes warm too when I see there are MooMoos and Nam Nation that wish for their friendship after this :) 

@papaxmoo Yes, I know their WGM label will not disappear for a long time. I only want to give @ajul Eric & Solar's fans' perspectives since he/she(?) said he/she doesn't get it.

-----

My wish right now... Please give our Ddongi couple a good ending :( 

• Like 4

don't be sad guys...keep positive...without wgm solar can be focus with comeback promotion and end year perf, she won't get too exhausted/overwork

for me this few days really tiring...feel so excited with dubai last ep...get talk with all of you in this forum...watch ddongie clip in yt...vote for MAMA...waiting mv release at night...get that controversy yesterday and now this divorce news

rn i'm not in tears, i already prepare for ddongie end since ep 25 and eric new shows has give me hint too...what i'm worry now that i can't see all chingu's here again we all will be busy with our life after this

• Like 3

This is like BBYU couple again, they may celebrate Eric's birthday earlier.... SIGH

But now, we are also entering a new chapter of post-WGM fandom and that is, trying to find any connection they both have after WGM. Gonna be a lot of work but I do hope they will at least remain as good friend.

Ideally, after Mamamoo goes beyond 5 years or so (3 more years), then they can consider to date. By that time Solar would be 30 korean age... hopefully they can meet each other again with open hearts!

P.S.: Ddongie Fam, do we have LINE/KAKAO group? I became so sad...... and I will miss reading updates in this forum. 

• Like 8

@Farfalle @enko20  Yes, having fun and spending their last moments to the max would be Solar and Eric's wish, that I know. But still, this was so sudden that it's rather frustrating. I do find it intriguing that he might have a waited a day after the album released to post on his instagram, so it would be legitimately the day before they met. Or he just simply saw it today.

"Yongsun-ah, you're the best!!" Omo I think I a see double meaning in this sns post now, he's telling her she's great in the mv and finally as a wife since they're going to be leaving...sigh indeeds  

Yes though, my biggest wish is that they don't become strangers or too awkward after this, and I feel they're above that point thankfully. Keep it positive everyone, and lets save our final thoughts to when the actual last episode rolls around ^_^

Edited by 97jbombs
Oops
  • Like 5

The PD has given Us a lot of hints in the past few episodes, they always replay ddonggie's past episodes. And the latest one,while watching the fountain light show , the song used was " time to say goodbye" ( don't know if it was just coincidence or what). It makes sense to me now, the  look in their eyes, Eric's way of looking at Solar,  her being silent at the moment after the show ( it maybe down to her that it's really time to end their virtual marriage, her happy days with him will end soon as well). 

@morethanacityname: it's a great suggestion.Let's make our KAKAO GROUP. So that we can still be updated with each other or with our couple. 

like someone has mentioned already we will all be busy with our lives that it might be hard to visit this forum like now. 

• Like 4

@Ira Ajja yeah this past week has been sleepless. 

@morethanacityname yeah, I think by then they will be secure enough and have accomplished enough in their careers to start opening their hearts. 

To be honest I think Eric feels cheated, seeing his younger brothers date freely. Eddie has a girlfriend, they're long distance I think too and being the oldest Eric himself, I guess he's expected to get married first?(his dad mentioned on Daddy & I) I think I've saved up all the shows that Eric has appeared on for this news. so I can binge on them while I recover. I have really come to like and understand Eric during wgm. I guess in a sense wgm has done it's job hasn't it? it's gotten people like me to watch the show because of x and on the way I got to know y and now I am also a fan of y. 

@morethanacityname @coolbrattyro I have a kakao? I'm down for a group chat.

@Le_Sanguinea keep calm man, see you then.

@97jbombs I think they've past that point too. you know the kind of friend you might not contact often but you still love and care about and know they're there for you always? 

@coolbrattyro yeah and the suddenness of wish granting like bam bam bam checklist.

• Like 6

been a silent lurker from the start. it is so sad to read news about them leaving 

:bawling: 

but what make me even sad is the fans that celebrating that solar and eric will leave wgm 

im a solid mamamoo and solar stan but i like how eric treat her well

count me in on the line/kakao group please i hope you guys still post updates here 

:cold_sweat:

Thanks guys for all the post and updates about our couple 

you all did a great job appreciate it a alot ill still check here from time to time

lets not say goodbye!

:)

• Like 6

@xhigh grnd Hello chingu, better late than never, trust me. There's still at least a good two weeks left of airing, my foolish mind is hoping for something to change ^_^ This kakou group seems interesting

In general, I just hope that Eric and Solar will never interpret their time on wgm as a mistake because of all these fans of theirs or this lifelong association that they're married. They're always going to get flank and it's not worth. As a moomoo and now turned nam-pyeon (thanks to wgm lol), I can understand if the fans are doing this as an obsessive or protective measure like @enko20 said. Eric posting on his sns and deliberately calling out Solar was a very, very good sign to me; ddongie seemed very cautious of each other's fans, but they made it work anyways, and they seemed to have enjoyed each other's company. 

And yas @papaxmoo to Eric feeling cheated; with the type of music that Eric generally sings and listens too, he would be the first one on my list as a guy who needs a girlfriend :lol: He kind of shot himself in the foot there with his nation's boyfriend image. There's not too many girls like Yongsun-ah out there, and I hope he keeps that in mind for a long time, cus delulu me 

I'm posting a lot, trying to fill up this void in me that the news brought :(

• Like 6

hello guys,

been a silent lurker from the start. thanks guys for all the post and update about eric an solar.

you all did a great job, i apprecite it alot. i woke early morning just to cek this forum.

so sad to read news about them leaving. even now i can not work and don't know what to do. my heart really hurt.

i love yongsun so much. just remember her i can laugh alone.

they are my vitamin. every satuyday become special day for me bc of  them esp yongsun. remember eric wish to make a couple song, they have not been made it.

ddongi couple is the best ever for me.

just to say thank you for all of you guys, 10 month i get update about mammoo and eric from you.

love you all guys from Indonesia

Edited by cemek
  • Like 7

15 minutes ago, 97jbombs said:

@xhigh grnd Hello chingu, better late than never, trust me. There's still at least a good two weeks left of airing, my foolish mind is hoping for something to change ^_^ This kakou group seems interesting

In general, I just hope that Eric and Solar will never interpret their time on wgm as a mistake because of all these fans of theirs or this lifelong association that they're married. They're always going to get flank and it's not worth. As a moomoo and now turned nam-pyeon (thanks to wgm lol), I can understand if the fans are doing this as an obsessive or protective measure like @enko20 said. Eric posting on his sns and deliberately calling out Solar was a very, very good sign to me; ddongie seemed very cautious of each other's fans, but they made it work anyways, and they seemed to have enjoyed each other's company. 

And yas @papaxmoo to Eric feeling cheated; with the type of music that Eric generally sings and listens too, he would be the first one on my list as a guy who needs a girlfriend :lol: He kind of shot himself in the foot there with his nation's boyfriend image. There's not too many girls like Yongsun-ah out there, and I hope he keeps that in mind for a long time, cus delulu me 

I'm posting a lot, trying to fill up this void in me that the news brought :(

Update us on the group name or invite me ill get back here for my kakao id after my work thanks :D

Edited by xhigh grnd
wrong spelling
  • Like 4

Hello all, I've been a silent lurker for month and really enjoy the contents, you'll like my second fam for me, so as Solar and Eric as well.. I loveeee them so much, bc it's reminds me with my bf relationship.. We have been dating for 4 years and counting, and bc of that I see they relationship is most 'realistic' one and resemble most with ours (I'm a 91 liner and my bf is 88 liner too, so coincidence isnt it ^^? We are Friend-turning-lovers couple too hahaha).. 

I write here to cheer all of you.. We are sad but hey, lets see in more positive way.. I believe with their character, end of WGM will not affect anything.. They will remains close and bc each other best supporter.. The sad part we cant see it on TV anymore.. Lets pray for their success and happiness.. DDONGIE FIGHTING!!!!!

• Like 7

Hi. Sorry to disturb you all and sorry for my bad english :(

been a silent lurker too from the start.

You guys really amazing for create an opinion about yong sun and eric nam. I really love it :)

If you want really make a group in kakao, can i join too? So i can always to read an opinion from all of you. It make me happy :wub:

I always see the update from this thread.

(And really sorry for my bad english):sweatingbullets: 

• Like 5

For this few hours...visit this thread, go to ksdaily comment section and see erig ig with mamamoo post...I get teary now, but like @loconeko91_stv said with eric and solar personality we don't have to worry about their friendship after wgm

guys who will in charge with this thread after ddongie end...if some of you have time to do it i still can come here

i'm not active in sns (only use it to know the news) so i can't join tw or kakao

• Like 2