[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

12 minutes ago, rameennoodles said:

he's 40 if i'm remembering correctly. the two leads have a 9 year age gap on the show and irl too

thank you so much ...

Woah - 40 is an ajushi .. but what da heck - he does not look like ajushi at all ...

And imagine 13 years pinning for the same girl ... 

Woah ... of course the first question would be - Are you married? Do you have a lover ..

oh okokok .. I move on .. I know  3 post in a row only talk about - Are you married? Do you have a lover?

Heee .... I love that line because it is a confession to me .. and we have a confession at episode 4 ... :D .. no beating around the bush no he-like--me-or-he-like-me-not ... no such situation ... no noble idiocy on his side ... 

I love the pace ... can't wait for Monday 

(sorry to keep on spazzing same subject .)

• Like 15

33 minutes ago, Bambiina said:

Sorry I am still doing back reading haven’t come across any explanation about the age ..

So I was doing my own calculation – it’s 13 years later that they meet each other again so HJ is 31 years old? – 13 + 18 = 31 … and I haven’t catch JH age – but I just make a wild guess – he should be around 25ish and HJ was 18 … so now he is – 38? … wah ajushi already – Butttttttttttt a very smoking hot ajushi .. I don’t mind at all

Dhia

Yesterday I was watching ep 4 and was very very close to my tv .. very close -  like 2 feet away … Woah the effect was like watching it in theatre … with sound blasting … helicopter propeller spinning … I can almost hear the wind … that slow mo .. and then – “Are you married?” .. “Do you have a lover?” – silently I replied – NO …. And No ..

Dangg I died on the spot….

in that scene I seriously wish "no no no no don't!! don't pass her, it's only works for dots, don't make dots parody here". but then dang... the writer give me unimaginable yet unforgettable line ever. that question, statement, and little smirk hooked me so much. 

everytime I repeat that scene after he said "that's good then" my brain automatically continued his word "I'll make you mine..!!"

no one will refuse hot smokin, handsome, rich, smart ajushi onnie.. me either crazy-monkey-emoticon-045.gif?1292792390

• Like 17

1 minute ago, dhia205 said:

in that scene I seriously wish "no no no no don't!! don't pass her, it's only works for dots, don't make dots parody here". but then dang... the writer give me unimaginable yet unforgettable line ever. that question, statement, and little smirk hooked me so much. 

everytime I repeat that scene after he said "that's good then" my brain automatically continued his word "I'll make you mine..!!"

no one will refuse hot smokin, handsome, rich, smart ajushi onnie.. me either crazy-monkey-emoticon-045.gif?1292792390

THAT LINE WAS SUPER DAEBAK  ... something I never ever ever expected ... caught me by surprised and the way he smile .. omg .. I  became like baked mozarella cheese .. melting .. cheesy much ..

I like that he is not afraid to show .. I guess because of what he said in the ep 5 preview - You won't know how precious someone is until you lose her ... 

Yeah .. he is not going to lose her again ... :D ... 

• Like 20

2 hours ago, delfin said:

say hello to @jadecloud @littleloony @irilight too.. woww i just realised so many familiar names in here, even i took hiatus for months ^^

Hello @delfin welcome sista! we are in the same thread again:P Glad you jumped in ... but you know, besides jumping, you have to learn sprinting. Yup, sprint, not run or jog or jump. And this is a long distance challenge... keke 

38 minutes ago, kate_USA said:

:heart:Jihye = Wisdom couple :heart:

The drama have sooooo many AWESOME about "life quotes"..and I am collecting them:blush::wub::wub::wub:

Agree. Full of awesome lines. LOL collect away chingu. I started with eps 1 and 2, and now only at ep 4, I'm already being weighed down by them LOL. There are so many!

Btw, It means more than just wisdom. 

智慧, its hanja form, collectively means wisdom. But, when you want to look at the meaning behind the name, you also break it down. In other words, 智慧 becomes 智 and 慧, which means wisdom, intellect and knowledge, as well as intelligent, bright and witty, respectively.

So, in effect, JiHye is an intellectual and intelligent couple who is wise and witty. The namesake fully and aptly speaks of them. Wow!:rolleyes:

#LOVEloveloveJIHYE

• Like 18

7 hours ago, marev said:

Can someone explain me what want to say Soon-hee to Hye Jung when she said: "I heard that she became a doctor too (seo woo). You mentioned that you've seen her at school." That means that Hye Jung studied in the same university but she says she studied elsewhere?

@marev....I am so glad you brought this up because I have this crazy idea in my mind where , I believe that Hye Jung started working in this hospital for something else besides investigating her grandmaother's surgery. I think in the other hospital she had a higher position in that hospital. I don't think she wanted to remain in this hospital after she finishes the job she came to do.  I thought I miss read the subtitles about her going to the same school as SW. We all saw there was an article written about her. I bet you if did some more research you would learn everything about her career achievements she is hiding at this moment. 

• Like 18

8 minutes ago, joann0011 said:

Thanks so much! I need a closer zoom BTS! Can't really hear what they said ;(

I wish we could ZOOM in too but its an inside scoop so its not possible.. from what they are saying its the actual lines leading up to the wrestle. So it must've been the actual footage. 

The owner of this IG acc must be responsible for all the stunts and all the technical side of things too.  

I hope he reveals more ;)

• Like 20

49 minutes ago, Bambiina said:

THAT LINE WAS SUPER DAEBAK  ... something I never ever ever expected ... caught me by surprised and the way he smile .. omg .. I  became like baked mozarella cheese .. melting .. cheesy much ..

I like that he is not afraid to show .. I guess because of what he said in the ep 5 preview - You won't know how precious someone is until you lose her ... 

Yeah .. he is not going to lose her again ... :D ... 

49 minutes ago, kate_USA said:

JH have been waiting too looooooooong!!! He will be blunt and will not beat around the bush.  I simply cannot wait to hear his undeniable "confession" to HJ:w00t:...ooooooh my pooor brain!!!!:w00t:

just like what @kate_USA sayin @Bambiina onnie, JH waiting tooo looooooonggg, finally meet his only girl,girl who he's looking for in13 year, no wonder he  move forward without hesitation, what would he afraid for?? the worst thing for him now maybe losing her again. thanks god the writer smart enough to spot it and didn't give us common kdrama line

what we need now is HJ acknowledge her feeling, except it. thannnnn we will have our wish come true about the kisses or/and maybe another round of hot fighting scene.

don't forget what HJ said about loosing appetite to have family, JH have to help HJ to change her mindset too.

• Like 18

Good Morning! Thanx to Doctors I did not sleep that much tonight. But finaly I have seen all Episodes.

I promised to check if I will join you when I have done that @delfin and here I am.

Not sure because this Thread is extremly fast. But for sure - I really love this Drama too.

I´m a bit sad - I wish for Ji Soo to get more Screentime - but okay. I will wait to see him soon with Scarlet Hearts.

I wonder what the Writer will do....

Yoon Dos Character is kinda cool. Strong and talented... I really hope he will not endet with Seo Woo. Right now I can´t even give her a tiny Sympathy Point.

So this time we have a strong female Lead - great Job by Shin Hye.

And somehow thanx to her Ji Hong got stronger too. Ahh I loved there Fighting Scene. (more please)

On the Page where I watched it the ARgument about the Age Difference already started. So I will just say one word to it - I don´t mind! I really can´t see any Problem with it.

More please - very soon please! And why haven´t I seen Kim Rae Won before???

We have a funny Hospital Team... right now I have my trouble to see one as a skilled Doctor (or Trainee - or what was the word for it) because I still see him in the Kitchen with Oh my Ghostess - and in my Head I can hear Chef saying - FIRE! - but some characters live longer inside of us. This lingering Feeling... Funny i don´t have that about Shin Hye. Even I saw her quite often in DramaLand.

I hate that Hospitals are about Politics too - thats saidly true....

Oh and I´m really in Love with the Friend from Hye Jung. She met at least two really great People. And one stayes at her side - good - so she was not all by herself. 13 Years are a long time...

• Like 22

Anyeong guys! Read a few posts here, marathon the 4 episodes in one day, LOL. It is a rather interesting drama though I have never really follow PSH but love KRW in Punch. 

I was a little icky when they paired PSH opposite KRW mainly because of the age gap. But after watching, it wasn't that bad. At times, PSH seems to act the older one (being more serious, her character...and aloof n cold) where else for a 40 year old man, KRW's character is all joking and playful. 

I am a little weary to be too attached to a drama now...my last one...DOTS, took a good 3 months frm my life. Lol. And I STILL love it till today. I have mix feelings about Doctors...because if it turns out to be good...well, here we go again....Also, I spot some familiar names frm our spazzing days in the DOTS thread! Hello again, chingu-ya!

• Like 22

I agree with above post somewhat partially. 

I'd say SW is the type of girl that is both spoilt and used to get what she wants. That doesn't mean that she is lazy. Nope, since she knows that she has to be diligent to maintain her status as the elite. I don't think we can judge her skills as a doctor yet. Just because her father seems mediocre, that doesn't mean that SW herself isn't skilled, especially because she heard her mother complain all the time how her father is supposed to be all great but that all the attention goes to someone else in the hospital.

The main problem that SW has with HJ in my opinion is that everyone recognises that HJ is "different". That gives her distinction or at least the attention of their classmates back in school and now from their colleagues in the hospital. How many doctors do you know who have no problem mouthing off their direct supervisors and dealing with gangsters/rowdy male adults like HJ does? SW is the typically doe-eyed female who looks for her knight in  shining armour to rescue her. But that knight has only eyes for HJ, which is also a problem SW has with HJ. HJ doesn't come from the right family/background and that is exactly why she is given the attention from other people, mostly out of curiosity and entertainment. 

SW has been raised to be a medical superstar essentially, because she is a legacy. All her life (up until she met HJ) she was the "smart" girl and ppl surrounded her because of that. She was class president and used to ppl respecting her and wanting to be in her company. All that changed with HJ the "new girl/toy" of the school. 

So yes, in that sense SW feels inferior to HJ, because the other girl gets all the attention seemingly without wanting or trying, when SW tries so desperately/hard. I don't think it has much to do with their skills as a doctor tbh, but more with SW feeling her stardom is fading when she is next to HJ.

• Like 23

5 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

I actually think the problem with Seo Woo is that she feels inferior to Hye Jung. She's the type of person that likes to surround herself with people whom she thinks will never be better than her or pose no competition to her. She was okay with hanging out with Ji In and Hye Jung when she thought they weren't as smart as her. She actually probably wanted them to idolize her.  Instead of being happy that her friend came in first on the test, she immediately felt threaten.

That actually explains why she's friends with Yeong Gook (BKS). 

Also it irked me when YG told her about the new fellow who fought with the mobsters, she said "I should become her friend and make her my bodyguard" Like dude seriously? 

• Like 19

16 hours ago, CatWhiskers said:

Anyeong guys! Read a few posts here, marathon the 4 episodes in one day, LOL. It is a rather interesting drama though I have never really follow PSH but love KRW in Punch. 

I was a little icky when they paired PSH opposite KRW mainly because of the age gap. But after watching, it wasn't that bad. At times, PSH seems to act the older one (being more serious, her character...and aloof n cold) where else for a 40 year old man, KRW's character is all joking and playful. 

I am a little weary to be too attached to a drama now...my last one...DOTS, took a good 3 months frm my life. Lol. And I STILL love it till today. I have mix feelings about Doctors...because if it turns out to be good...well, here we go again....Also, I spot some familiar names frm our spazzing days in the DOTS thread! Hello again, chingu-ya!

I have to say that every drama I've seen with the male being paired with a younger woman this year has been great! Marriage Contract was more than great!

I like to see "men" with some of these female leads instead of the "flower boy" type.  PSH's character has to be the older acting type because she's lived a rough life. She had to fend for herself. Despite Hye Jung having a biological father, it was as if she didn't have one.  Despite having no biological father or mother, Ji Hong had a very supportive and understanding adoptive father.  The way they were treated in their childhood has shaped their character/personality. 

After watching the last 4 episodes, I can honestly say that this drama is much, much, better than I could have hoped for. The writer has the OTP saying lines that really tugs at my romantic heart. Knowing that Ji Hong has been looking for Hye Jung for years is touching. After asking how long the patient had been unconscious, the first thing Hye Jung wanted to know was if he had been well. Even her repeatedly talking about his 'marriage' was done as if to remind herself, "he's not available, you can't fall for him again'.

Yeah, you can tell, I love this drama. I have a feeling there is going to be some angst, but I hope it's as well written as 'One Warm Word' was written. I wasn't really a fan of 'High Society', but did like 'Can We Get Married'---she has a maturity and realism to her writing that I like.

• Like 24