[Drama 2016] Doctors 닥터스

Rin90

On Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 3:10 PM, trust3 said:

hello dearest friends ...

mostly i'm just lurking here... but i'm on d surface now coz i really really enjoy Doctors...

episode 8 is awesome ... did u all notice that our OTP wear 'couple thing'? the colour of their clothes are the same, aren't they?

and the 'colar scene' ... made my heart dugum dugum dugum and waiting for the "scene" at episode 9 ...

please let there be more touchy, lovey dovey between our OTP...

Yeah i noticed the color is same.. ^^

Honestly, i'm not so pleased in KRW ajusshi previous movie, but i am totally into him in this drama..

His charm is no joke, isn't it?

Your dugum dugum so funny for me to read.. ^^

• Like 18

Just now, JongShin0328 said:

Just a suggestion folks, you may bookmark your current page so when you want to go back, you'll just need to find the bookmark and read where you left of :) no backreading anymore :D

yes , so when we will see 37 pages to read we will feel much better :))))

I can't wait monday , JH has so much work to do ...but in the end will see his HJ  :D:wub: AH , LOVE !!!

• Like 20

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 3:40 AM, delfin said:
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 7:29 AM, angelangie said:
23 hours ago, CatWhiskers said:

I hope they don't go down the typical Kdrama path where Jh's dad is reduced to scandals and needs help to get back the hospital and JH needs to marry IJ to be able to get the extra help to maintain his dad's position or stuff like that. Seriously, I'll flip tables if that happens. We want a different storyline. Come on!!! Let's have our OTP brave thru the storm hand in hand! Do I hear a yes?!

it is a heartache but at the same times if she take the sister on....then the sister will be in the middle more....how can u accept the sister without accepting the mother?

the step-mother was never grateful....even now she still to belittle her....that she wasnt that great after all....or what is there so great about HJ....did she see the achievement she made? she made 'Staff' doctor at another hospital if she didnt move to here with Dr.Kim ....and she had articles written about her....

besides i like the distance she put between her father and her for now....i dont think she need to take them on for now....especially the step-mother she is just a leech and the father no backbone either....if he wanted to proof that he is sincere in wanting to get close to the daughter he abandon years ago.....he wouldnt ask the sister to submit the relationship chart to HJ....he will take a stand and not use her to get the 30% discount and the VIP room the wife is staying in RIGHT NOW...

so.. actually this isn't my idea but @bebebisous33 idea,, so sorry if i make mistake and let something out

it's about Hj's father, so far he still not yet redeem himself, just saying sorry won't be resolve anything between them.  He can redeem himself when HJ becomes again involved in the scandal from the past, he defends her, with that at least he can do something that prove he actually regret his action, (point plus for me, and just because HJ being compatible doctor now, but because Hj is her daughter)

correct me if i wrong @pandalover1 @Mau_Cherry @maplekisthehehehehe

Thanks @delfin for posting my idea!!! I managed to find a computer.;) Yes, the scandal from the past will resurface, especially after JH's awake surgery will receive a very good feedback. JMH will have to tarnish JH's reputation in order to get rid of JH so that DS loses support.

@angelangie Sorry, with the quoting... Kind of mixed up. But I agree with you. I didn't like how the sister tried to approach her sister. While she mentioned, she was happy to have a sister now, she gave the family certification which from my point of view tarnished her intention. Moreover, she never really stops her mother from badmouthing about HJ. She could definitely be more firm about it. Besides, she didn't respect HJ's wish to keep her distance from her family. She had to ask KS to get her cellphone number for her father. Acting behind her back really annoyed me. Sure, she wanted to help her father, but honestly, she should ask herself why her half-sister wants to keep her distance from her family. At least, she could question her about the past. No, the sister only hears the story from her father. He misses her daughter and HJ was the one who left. She is too passive, she helps her father thinking she is doing a good thing, but she doesn't take HJ's feelings into consideration.

@CatWhiskers I agree with you. I don't want the father to force JH to marry In Joo. From my point of view, DS doesn't seem that type. He kept mentioning IJ because he never saw any other woman around JH and since he wants JH to have his own family, I believe that's why he keeps mentioning her. However, when he heard how Jh spoke to HJ, he knew that JH was interested into HJ. he noticed the change in his voice therefore I believe, DS will have nothing against him. I would rather like to see In Joo joining forces with JMH and helping him in his attempt to destroy JH's reputation with the scandal from the past. In Joo could act as witness.

• Like 20

14 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Thanks @delfin for posting my idea!!! I managed to find a computer.;) Yes, the scandal from the past will resurface, especially after JH's awake surgery will receive a very good feedback. JMH will have to tarnish JH's reputation in order to get rid of JH so that DS loses support.

@angelangie Sorry, with the quoting... Kind of mixed up. But I agree with you. I didn't like how the sister tried to approach her sister. While she mentioned, she was happy to have a sister now, she gave the family certification which from my point of view tarnished her intention. Moreover, she never really stops her mother for badmouthing about HJ. She could definitely be more firm about it. Besides, she didn't respect HJ's wish to keep her distance from her family. She had to ask KS to get her cellphone number for her father. Acting behind her back really annoyed me. Sure, she wanted to help her father, but honestly, she should ask herself why her half-sister wants to keep her distance from her family. At least, she could question her about the past. No, the sister only hears the story from her father. He misses her daughter and HJ was the one who left. She is too passive, she helps her father thinking she is doing a good thing, but she doesn't take HJ's feelings into consideration.

@CatWhiskers I agree with you. I don't want the father to force JH to marry In Joo. From my point of view, DS doesn't seem that type. He kept mentioning IJ because he never saw any other woman around JH and since he wants JH to have his own family, I believe that's why he keeps mentioning her. However, when he heard how Jh spoke to HJ, he knew that JH was interested into HJ. he noticed the change in his voice therefore I believe, DS will have nothing against him. I would rather like to see In Joo joining forces with JMH and helping him in his attempt to destroy JH's reputation with the scandal from the past. In Joo could act as witness.

@bebebisous33.....Annyeong Chingu, glad to see you are able to come and check in the thread. :) 

i totally agree , i don't  like the sister either. Always trying to help her dad to reunite with her sister but allows the mom to talk bandaging her sister. First she says, they can pay the hospital bills but yet bright the family certificate to get the VIP treatment and discount. Her actions is the complete opposite to what she says she want with her sister.  I agree DS noticed the changes in JH when they went fishing. He knew it was a girl that has made him so happy. He was trying to bring them together because he noticed his son had no interest in other woman. But Chingu , with the power struggle in the hospital and his failing health , it might be possible. Even though I am hoping I am wrong :tears::tears: :tears:

The family issuest that HJ has will be facing soon is something YD will understand more than JH ever could. If JH doesn't side with HJ for not wanting to reconnect with her family will be quite upsetting for me. I want nothing to come between them unless they both come to an understanding on their own. 

• Like 18

1 hour ago, inshara2000 said:

Maybe it's been shared since I didn't backread. Apparently edited KRW's bio on Wiki. LOL look at the spouse name:D...It's corrected now tho

LOL!! You found a treasure that should be included in the Shipper's thread. Hahahah... people can be so funny!! But shipper could dream, though!

9 hours ago, liz-danielle said:

i'm not that so worry about Injoo re-appear because the PD nim does not follow the classic Kdrama flow... take SC for an example... whenever we thought the storm is coming apparently it turn out ok... so "Doctors" patients - be strong and have fate! 

I'm sure that at some point In Joo will appear and will try to break our OTP apart with similar stunt. But this time Hye Jung will be a mature, capable and confident woman who loves Ji Hong and will not take any bullsh*t from anyone and will fight for him. There's a lot of scene that mirrors present with 13 years ago. And I think this could be the one too, since it's showing a development from Hye Jung side.

10 hours ago, angelangie said:

i just came to notice that for once in Samchoon appearances that involved HyeJung, for the first times he didnt tried to hit on her hehehe or trying to be cheesy :D:D:D

but damn he does look every inch the Doctor he is suppose to be :D

There's a reason why they're both bestfriends, they are both goofy and like to fool around, but when it came down to business, they mean business. They were discussing about a patient condition and we can see how serious he was. Also during their three way discussions about halmoni's medical record, I love it how they are both in the same wavelength:

Samchoon: There's nothing to say about this document.

Ji Hong: What do you mean by that? Do you meant there's nothing wrong about the document, or there's not enough data in that to conclude anything.

Samchoon: The latter, it only stated the obvious fact Operation, problem, death, the end.

Somehow, it's very funny but really showing two professional buddies discussing something. I think even without Ji Hong stating or claiming his teritory against Hye Jung, Samchoon already knew something is going on between them. They were buddies for like forever it's impossible not to take notice how far Ji Hong is doing for a new fellow in the hospital.

10 hours ago, CatWhiskers said:

Oh...Has anyone notice both HJ and JH's cars are Maseratis. One white n one black. Or am I wrong?

I like how JH is all cool and smiles when YD confront him that he is gonna fight for HJ. Poor YD. JH must be thinking....Kid, I know her better n longer than u. Plus, we r an item now. N u think marriage is not on my mind. Kiddo, am 40 yo! 

Love love JH's bright cheerful smile when he greeted HJ. I guess frm Ep9 onwards...we r in for darker times. 

Yes, they are, both sponsored by the brand. I think Yoon Do also drives maseratti.  It's funny how Ji Hong can smile to see his rant, but Ji Hong always thought Yoon Do as a cute dork so I think he has enough confidence towards himself and Hye Jung that Yoon Do is not a threat. If anything, I hope he will root for them in the end.

11 hours ago, ned_lee said:

Agree everything she wears are absolutelt adorbs (wondering if i can rock it my self) :rolleyes:

On the preview noticed JH expressions w YD telling him abt his intentions it seems like .... "oh kid not a chance...," :phew:

SW wears a lot of makeup for a doctor..

I think it's to show the contrast of HJ and SW personality. HJ is more of a tomboy that became feminine, but she was always into fashion (such as all black see through tops and leather pants) so now 13 years later she wore simple make up (since she never learn how to wear heavy make up due to studying), and paid more attention to clothes, jewelry and shoes (her shoes are alway to die for). Whereas Seo Woo put more effort on hair and make up, she came to the hospital with braided hair like a princess, her clothes are always feminine too. I love the subtle adaptation of the character to the fashion.

17 hours ago, bebe1989 said:

I dont know why, but this is the most touching scenes and made my heart hurt to saw this scene :( 

:tears::tears::tears::tears::tears::tears: 

Me too, I cried a bucket of tears in that particular scene and I caught a guilty vibe from the father. He was surprised that Hye Jung was willing to ruin her life just so she doesn't have to be connected with him. How sad is that? But then he crushed me with his shameless statement in the park not knowing what he did wrong. Some people can be so obnoxious.

Finally back from vacation and had to read 11 pages, thank you for all the gif, preview, translations and everything. Monday is almost here peeps... let's rejoice. Hehehehe...

• Like 24

Ah, I'm having this inner dilemma. While I'd love to watch the upcoming episodes unfold, I too don't want to watch it...

For I know, should I watch each new episodes - that would mean I'm closer to the end. 

And I felt my heart sinking... lol. 

So rare that I love one drama enough to delurk and time seems to fly by so fast. By this week, we'll hit the halfway mark! 

Anyway, rather than looming over its impending end, I'll try to enjoy the stories as it unfolds. 

Gotta psyched myself into understanding this phrase, "Knowing when to bow out while you're still at the peak".

Length doesn't equal good either. Phew... need me a doctor for sure. 

• Like 19

55 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

If JH doesn't side with HJ for not wanting to reconnect with her family will be quite upsetting for me.

I'm sure I'm of the minority when I say that I hope for the opposite, ie. JH play a role in HJ reconciling with her father. I can't say the same for the stepmom since she obviously is still toxic about HJ. (It is imperative that we stay away from toxic people in our lives!) But the father has changed and is seeking to reconnect. I will give him the benefit of doubt until more is revealed about him. And of course, I hope the reconciliation is not "forced" into the plot, but I'm gonna trust the writer to give us a believable means that led to the reconciliation.

This drama is about healing. HJ clearly is still feeling regrets towards how the relationship with her father turned out. So I do hope she'll find closure. Even for JH, I think he's also in bondage to something from his past, which is not revealed to us viewers just yet. And he will probably need healing too down the road.

I am a conservative person, so reconciliation is important even in real life, esp.with family members. Again, provided both parties are of the same understanding and willingness. No point in trying to reconcile with someone who is still attacking/bullying us.

• Like 23

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

i totally agree , i don't  like the sister either. Always trying to help her dad to reunite with her sister but allows the mom to talk bandaging her sister. First she says, they can pay the hospital bills but yet bright the family certificate to get the VIP treatment and discount. Her actions is the complete opposite to what she says she want with her sister.  I agree DS noticed the changes in JH when they went fishing. He knew it was a girl that has made him so happy. He was trying to bring them together because he noticed his son had no interest in other woman. But Chingu , with the power struggle in the hospital and his failing health , it might be possible. Even though I am hoping I am wrong :tears::tears: :tears:

The family issuest that HJ has will be facing soon is something YD will understand more than JH ever could. If JH doesn't side with HJ for not wanting to reconnect with her family will be quite upsetting for me. I want nothing to come between them unless they both come to an understanding on their own. 

Ameen..

I cannot understand the sister too..

She needs to come to her sense.

When HJ was in her age, HJ was "more mature" in this kind of situation.

Her sister, even if HJ said that she is has

nothing to do with this (family problem),

i smell that the sister is taking advantage from "her eonnie".

The stepmother is very awful n hateful,

Well, i am not really sure whether her father who asked the sister to give family certificate even if she said so.. Who knows?

• Like 17

1 hour ago, angelangie said:

lols yes they are both very goofy....i still remember how they play with YD and force him to give them a ride to work :D it is cute when u see two grown man or should i say two grown professional man acting like this lols.....

Samchoon probably already knew how JiHong felt because what happen 13 years ago....he might have some inkling and i believe some friends even they knows they will kept quiet about it as they respect their friend privacy and also if they want to talk about it they will do so....anyway i had a feeling that Samchoon flirt with HyeJung maybe is to tease the daylight out of him.....and JiHong is honestly cute when he is jealous :D:D:D

I love every friendship in this drama, including Ji Hong and Samchoon. I might even like the college trio of Ji Hong, Samchoon and In Joo. They might be the coolest med school student on earth. If only she didn't ruin it all by falling in love with one of the bestfriend so egoistically. Even if Samchoon doesn't know about Hye Jung, because he met Hye Jung for the first time when Hye Jung talked to Yoon Do after the surgery, but after the three people discussion, he should have had some clue and connected the dots. Otherwise, don't even call himself Ji Hong's bestfriend. Kekeke...

35 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I'm sure I'm of the minority when I say that I hope for the opposite, ie. JH play a role in HJ reconciling with her father. I can't say the same for the stepmom since she obviously is still toxic about HJ. (It is imperative that we stay away from toxic people in our lives!) But the father has changed and is seeking to reconnect. I will give him the benefit of doubt until more is revealed about him. And of course, I hope the reconciliation is not "forced" into the plot, but I'm gonna trust the writer to give us a believable means that led to the reconciliation.

This drama is about healing. HJ clearly is still feeling regrets towards how the relationship with her father turned out. So I do hope she'll find closure. Even for JH, I think he's also in bondage to something from his past, which is not revealed to us viewers just yet. And he will probably need healing too down the road.

I am a conservative person, so reconciliation is important even in real life, esp.with family members. Again, provided both parties are of the same understanding and willingness. No point in trying to reconcile with someone who is still attacking/bullying us.

I'm with you about this. At some point, Hye Jung needs to forgive everybody to save herself. She said on ep 6? when she was attacked by the boss-nim enemy that

People say forgiving is not for anybody else, but for yourself. But people should not say it easily because it's hard.

I think one of the thing she needs to learn is to forgive her dad so she can trust Ji Hong and open up to him and eventually restore her faith about love, relationship, marriage and men. He might not be actively persuading her in forgiving her dad, but he will 'mentor' her to do so. Like he always did with everything. He won't push her but supported her and giving her ideas until she comes around. Because he knows too well how to 'handle' her --> for a lack of better word.

• Like 21

25 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I agree. I believe that people and especially family should reconcile.

HJ's dad didn't seem nice with his daughter but I guess it was difficult for a dad to deal with a daughter full of anger. Of course, HJ's anger is legit since her mom died because of her dad's cheating, her dad even brought the woman he had an affair with to her home and this evil woman abused her by demeaning her, insulting her and beating her all the while cherishing her baby daughter, HJ's stepsister. All seems pretty unfair to HJ whom only way to  protect herself, when being only a young child, was to build up an armor, a cold façade, hiding all her emotion behind, all the while making her body stronger and stronger by being a fighter... Her dad wasn't there, he didn't protected her. When the school called, he came and begged for his daugter to stay in school because she's her daughter and he's still her dad, at least to the eye of society. But at some point he gave up when he abandonned HJ to the care of her grandmother. When the grandmother called him because HJ was in prison, he said that he didn't care, and when HJ was mourning her grandmother and her stepmom was litterally puting blame on HJ telling her "you killed your grandmother too" implying "you've already killed your mother", her dad did not stepped for her. She begged him to say something, to defend her and he only asked her to "go quietly"... He was never there for her but still he is her dad.

Years later, strangely he want to reconnect with her. Because she succeeded, because she's a doctor? No, because, he saw her being warm with patients and patients' family and though he might have a chance. He though genuinely that she would forget the past since it didn't have an impact on her today's quality of life. Little does he know that all the anger of her past made her what she is today, that she's fair and just in her decision, that she is warm to people but that she let so few people in. She never dated, only have one friend and one goal: to understand what happened to her grandma. And in order to do that , to really understand, she need to be what her grandma respected the most: a doctor. JH knows it. Instinctively, he understands her and slowly she's letting him in...

She told her dad that she doesn't hold grudge, that she doesn't want to need him. If it means not getting married, she'll gave up on it. What the point of getting close when they were never close. She's very much protecting herself. Doesn't mean she does not care since she went to her dad's restaurant, saw him well and hardworking... Is it about forgiving at this point? Can you stop talking to a family member because you can't get on with but still pray for their well being and be the first one to help when needed. Yes. That's where HJ is right now. She need to cope with who she is, with who they are, and make peace with her past and herself. JH will be the one who will help her do that by making her feel that life is still worth being lived fully and that it can be lived fully as well in harmony with yourself. A life lesson that can be teached only when you're with someone you trust entirely and love deeply. Someone you want to build something with, someone who can be your family and with whom you can make your own family.

This drama is so full of life lessons that anyone can relate to <3

• Like 24