[Official Thread] Baron Chen/River Chen - a.k.a Du Zifeng of "Bromance" (Taiwan Artist)

pechumori

Jesicca He just uploaded new video for the amazing race theme song in YT and ofcourse with Baron as the main lead...:) Baron voices is after Leon Lai and just before they all sing the song all together.. I guess so.

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, azihan5 said:

Jesicca He just uploaded new video for the amazing race theme song in YT and ofcourse with Baron as the main lead...:) Baron voices is after Leon Lai and just before they all sing the song all together.. I guess so.

Thank you for the information @azihan5

here's the latest news about our 4D prince - released today, April 13, 2016

f17af51d-011e-4853-b46e-92e847130678_siz

326962bd-1d97-41fe-9a10-94ee1b282b5c_siz

if anyone can translate it for us, here is the link

http://ent.ifeng.com/a/20160413/42604769_0.shtml

Thank you so much in advance. :)

You're welcome @azihan5

Another set of "Race the World" updates

MAIN201604111344000228106225456.jpg

In this article, netizens were praising River for showing his patience and confidence not only in punching the 18 planks of wood but also overcoming his fear of heights to complete the task.

http://ent.people.com.cn/n1/2016/0411/c1012-28266893.html

However in this article, the not so good relationship between River and his first partner Zhu Zhu was discussed in detail. She thinks he acts like a child and feels like it's difficult to communicate with him. We have to watch the next episode to see if their relationship will improve.

《非凡搭档》陈楚河屡屡黑脸 遭朱珠吐槽像小孩

http://ent.people.com.cn/n1/2016/0412/c1012-28271012.html

On 3/10/2016 at 7:42 AM, pechumori said:

Photos inside the plane. Baron looks cute with the hood on his head.
credit as tagged via baidu baron chen

MOD EDIT: DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES, GIFS, AND VIDEOS

he looks very charming in these photos. thanks for this thread..to be honest i was charmed by him first when i decided to watch  Bromance.

On 3/12/2016 at 10:35 PM, sunnygirl said:

he is very accomodating to those who would like to have a picture with him. :grin:

yeah, i noticed that too. he doesn't have any qualms about being touched and touching in return. he's very sincere and that's what adds to his being adorable, i must say.

@JennG25ks Hope you can view this one on FB

@jbying7 Thanks so much for your translation! :heart:

@azihan5 @pechumori Thanks for sharing the MV! His voice is at 0:53 and 2:06 right? Then I saw few comments on his FB fan page also mentioned 1:47 and 1:50, now I get confused :sweatingbullets: I'm not familiar with his singing voice.

1 hour ago, pechumori said:

However in this article, the not so good relationship between River and his first partner Zhu Zhu was discussed in detail. She thinks he acts like a child and feels like it's difficult to communicate with him. We have to watch the next episode to see if their relationship will improve.

I hope it will improve..but honestly I can't wait for him to change his partner LOL I saw a few pics of him with Tang Xiao Tian, who I think looks a bit like Kassy (Kashiwabara Takashi), I guess he might be River's next partner in Japan?  @pechumori Thank you for the articles!

4 hours ago, Edith Fabian said:

thanks for this thread..to be honest i was charmed by him first when i decided to watch  Bromance.

Welcome to River's thread @Edith Fabian

3 hours ago, catrisa said:

I hope it will improve..but honestly I can't wait for him to change his partner LOL I saw a few pics of him with Tang Xiao Tian, who I think looks a bit like Kassy (Kashiwabara Takashi), I guess he might be River's next partner in Japan?  @pechumori Thank you for the articles!

You're welcome and I hope he gets a new partner soon! :)

Thank you for posting the teaser link for Ep 2 @catrisa

For those who still have not watched it, here's

"Race the World" Ep. 1 which aired last April 8, 2016
video credit: China Jiangsu TV Official Channel

21 hours ago, pechumori said:

Thank you for the information @azihan5

here's the latest news about our 4D prince - released today, April 13, 2016

f17af51d-011e-4853-b46e-92e847130678_siz

326962bd-1d97-41fe-9a10-94ee1b282b5c_siz

if anyone can translate it for us, here is the link

http://ent.ifeng.com/a/20160413/42604769_0.shtml

Thank you so much in advance. :)

I love these underwater, dreamy pics of Baron. Since no one has translated and it is a short write up...I will make an attempt. It may not be a smooth translation but I think I captured the gist of it. Here goes, 

陈楚河“四次元”写真曝光 犹如漫画走出来的男人

Baron Chen/4D photoshoot exposé - Like a man who stepped out of a manga

近日,演员陈楚河最新一组四次元写真曝光。光影变幻的画面中,陈楚河闭目沉思,时而手持宝剑,时而聆听音乐, 犹如漫画中的美少年,唯美梦幻。
Recently, actor Baron Chen had a series of 4D(?) pictorial shoot. With a fantasy/surreal background, whether his eyes are closed and looked contemplative, whether he is waving a sword(?) or listening to music, he looked like a manga flower boy/man, beautiful and fantasy-like.

在正在热播的江苏卫视竞技真人秀《非凡搭档》中,陈楚河也展现出属于自己的四次元个性魅力,引发热议,节目中拼尽全力完成任务的帅气表现更让网友们少女心大爆发。
As he is also filming Jiangsu tv channel's  "Race the World", Baron displays his individualistic 4D charm, is becoming a hot topic and also his utmost efforts and suave way of trying to finish each task during the show, are drawing the attention of online female fans.

2 hours ago, launicachina09 said:

Love all the pic's and updates of our handsome Baron, love this site....

Thank you @launicachina09 for giving me the encouragement to go on....

39 minutes ago, jbying7 said:

Since no one has translated and it is a short write up...I will make an attempt. It may not be a smooth translation but I think I captured the gist of it. Here goes, 

thank you so much for the translation @jbying7. It's a nice article, isn't it?

Latest "Race the World" update. (I have noticed, that since River is the most popular among the contestants in weibo, the press release of the program has mostly been about him)  ;)

River Chen will overcome his fear of heights in "Race the World"
4/14/16
my rough translation

704_1895482_442270.jpg

In the first episode of "Race the World" which premiered last Friday, actor River Chen, with his competitive spirit, pushed hard to complete each challenge.

704_1895483_629759.jpg

In the coming second episode, after arriving in Los Angeles, the guests were ushered straight to the next difficult project. A balance beam was placed at a high altitude and the goal is to capture all the flags attached to the beam. River Chen in particular has a fear of heights. He and his partner were the first to be hung on the beam. With the weight disparity between a man and a woman, it is difficult to maintain a balance, the audience looked frightened.

It is reported that in the second episode of the program, aside from the high platform diving, shooting competition, the guests will also have a "sky to the water" challenge.

704_1895484_601933.jpg

The second episode of "Race the World" will be aired this Friday at 10 pm.

credit: http://ent.sina.com.cn/tv/zy/2016-04-14/doc-ifxriqqv5624815.shtml

@pechumori Ahh thank you for sharing the article and translation! I'm so excited to watch episode 2 because 1st episode kinda left us at a cliffhanger! Where Baron looked like he was going to slide off the platform while capturing the flags because of the weight difference! I was soo worried, my heart skipped a beat I swear. (But of course we know that he is okay cuz this ep was filmed few weeks previously), but still...

Baron really is something though! And I admire him more for pushing himself to the edge, challenging his limits, facing his fears, and growing to become a stronger better person. And he's got so much stealth, energy, smarts, and the fun in him.

And yes his partner Zhu Zhu did call him childish :angry: but does she want instead someone's who's too serious? a pessimistic? Someone who doesn't care about the game?

She doesn't understand his 4D-ness :wub: 

@jbying7 Thanks for the translation. I wonder if the "pictorial" is only these few photos or is there a whole album ;P

More "Race the World" photo updates from another news link ^^
credit: http://ent.sina.com.cn/tv/zy/2016-04-14/doc-ifxriqqx2392552.shtml

704_1895358_555886.jpg

704_1895360_636146.jpg

my rough translation
4/14/16

His partner Zhu Zhu slipped from the beam and sustained a big injury on her leg. The photo was uploaded on weibo but was deleted quickly.

Zhu Zhu insisted on finishing the game, chose an on the spot treatment, did not drag her partner River Chen and went back to the hotel to find a doctor to deal with the wound after the game.

Though the production team was moved, River was not. Zhu Zhu was dressed in a bathing suit later, ready to challenge the next task, her injured leg was exposed, but River did show compassion nor said a word of concern. More surprisingly, when asked, River said "I have a one track mind, even if i know she wants me to coax her, I will not coax her, I am this kind of person."

Netizens reacted by saying "How can you not be a gentleman?" In the previous episode, Zhu Zhu's attitude ws really annoying, and she mocked River too. There is a saying "The partner's turn to turn the boat" do they have this much hatred? Many friends said, "River is distressed when he said those angry words. If I encountered such a teammate, I would also be like this."

It is well known that in the first episode of "Race the World", River and Zhu Zhu had a friction on account of the combination of their two different personalities and different concepts of competition. In the second episode of the program, it seems that the relationship of the two has arrived at a situation of fire and water.

Spoiler

704_1895359_598455.jpg

53 minutes ago, amyam01220 said:

And yes his partner Zhu Zhu did call him childish :angry: but does she want instead someone's who's too serious? a pessimistic? Someone who doesn't care about the game?

@amyam01220 actually, it was only last night that i was able to watch the first episode which i downloaded from the Youtube link. I can see how the other girls were trying to do their best, specially Ariel Lin, even though she was having a hard time, the spirit was there. But Zhu Zhu doesn't seem to care about the competition. Why did she even agree to join in the first place? And after mocking River in the first episode, she wants him to feel sorry when she got injured in the second episode. :huh:

Archived