[Official Thread] Baron Chen/River Chen - a.k.a Du Zifeng of "Bromance" (Taiwan Artist)

pechumori

@ruiqi0512 Thanks so much for your translation! :heart:

6 hours ago, pechumori said:

Q: Do you think you're a sweet guy?
B: Uhh... *coughs*
B: Sort of. (direct translation he says "Sauna sweet guy" which I have no idea what that means, could be nice if anyone can clarify."

I think he meant like what he said at Just Gold-Just Diamond event. :P

"..When asked what kind of lover he was to his past girlfriends, he joked, “In one word, it’s like taking a sauna. I might be warm first before pouring cold water over your head and then reheat you in the oven.” (source: http://www.msn.com/en-sg/entertainment/entertainment-asianbuzz/baron-chen-the-%E2%80%9Csauna-lover%E2%80%9D/ss-CCmK77?ocid=sf)

He's super adorable singing a kid song! :wub: and I like it that after so many years, his answer on favorite part of his body is still his hands :D but now I know the reason...lots of scars, ok! :w00t: and UDN still put his name as Baron Chen, eh? :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, catrisa said:

@ruiqi0512 Thanks so much for your translation! :heart:

I think he meant like what he said at Just Gold-Just Diamond event. :P

"..When asked what kind of lover he was to his past girlfriends, he joked, “In one word, it’s like taking a sauna. I might be warm first before pouring cold water over your head and then reheat you in the oven.” (source: http://www.msn.com/en-sg/entertainment/entertainment-asianbuzz/baron-chen-the-%E2%80%9Csauna-lover%E2%80%9D/ss-CCmK77?ocid=sf)

He's super adorable singing a kid song! :wub: and I like it that after so many years, his answer on favorite part of his body is still his hands :D but now I know the reason...lots of scars, ok! :w00t: and UDN still put his name as Baron Chen, eh? :sweatingbullets:

Hmmm... so as a lover he's the kind to warm you up, leave you cold, then come back and warm up to you again? Like when you're in a sauna where you douse yourself from time to time with cool water so as not to pass out from the heat? :blink:

@catrisa - Can you please PM the download link for the River-only scenes for Bad Romantic? They are in better quality. But still no English sub. :(

The first scene is funny though. He is giving her CPR with his hands on her stomach. LOL

But River is just sooooo cute here. Looking forward to the bed scene. Haha. I'm sorry, I'm sooooo bad. :sweatingbullets:

I am not sure if this has been shared here. Probably it has but I was going through this forum thread for River :

https://vk.com/topic-46379936_29578645

They have synopses of most of Baron's works. Impressive! 

They also have a link for where to watch Bad Romantic. I will not post it here because the website is ehrrmmm... dubious. But you can view all episodes. Just not subbed. :(

Here's a pic I found from the above thread. Too good not to share :

26050247225_7444bac251_b.jpg

I'd ride this pilot's plane any time, and to any where! LOL. :sweatingbullets::wub:

6 hours ago, amyam01220 said:

I couldn't help but share this photo of Baron. His smile :wub:

C: FB 陳楚河。楚楚動人。國際後援會

------

@literatelush Which movie was Baron a pilot in, do you know? Movie or drama.. I wanna watch :)

That pic! Aww so cute! :wub:

He played a pilot character in another Chinese drama : I Want to Become a Stewardess 

Details from https://vk.com/topic-46379936_29578645

Drama - I want to become a stewardess / 我要当空姐 2012 - 2013

Introduction:
Also Known As: Wo Yao Dang Kong Jie
Language: Mandarin
Release Date: 2012
Runtime: 45 minutes per episode
Episodes: 28
Genre: Drama
Director: Yang Qing

Cast:
Bai Bing 白冰
Gu Zhixin
Baron Chen 陳楚河
Jiang Chao
Cheng Yuanyuan 程媛媛

The plot:
TV series "I want to become a stewardess" tells the story in China, 20 million girls longing stewardess dreamy colors of this career, but flight attendants selection mechanism was closed for decades, reform is imperative. But who would guess that the first fire is a girl just graduated a year point up, and the more fuel the more prosperous, and even burn out of the country, triggered a series of industry consolidation ...... play by benign CAA effort to help capture of the many aviation show to the real life of ordinary people.

15 hours ago, literatelush said:

I'd ride this pilot's plane any time, and to any where! LOL

He looks so good in that uniform, @literatelush. :wub:

15 hours ago, literatelush said:

Yes, it's a good source of information on River.

9 hours ago, amyam01220 said:

I couldn't help but share this photo of Baron. His smile

Thank you for posting @amyam01220

Here ' are some photos from the recent news

d1682866.jpg

credit: http://star.ettoday.net/news/668434

d1676429.jpg

credit: http://star.ettoday.net/news/668495

http://twimg.edgesuite.net/images/ReNews/20160323/420_12c78832edd3fcf9d8b4a2f15b56a2a8.jpg

credit: http://www.appledaily.com.tw/realtimenews/article/new/20160323/823086/

So, gals, do you want to start discussing his past projects one by one? Let's do it chronologically. Which one would you like to know more of at this time, Kung Fu Dunk or Fated to Love You? Both of them were released in the same year, 2008. Let me know, so that I can search about them.

For download links or links to watch online, just pm each other so that we won't get into trouble. :sweatingbullets:;)

21 hours ago, literatelush said:

Hmmm... so as a lover he's the kind to warm you up, leave you cold, then come back and warm up to you again? Like when you're in a sauna where you douse yourself from time to time with cool water so as not to pass out from the heat? :blink:

He's such a tease sometimes, no? And I love that about him. :P

Can you please PM the download link for the River-only scenes for Bad Romantic? They are in better quality. But still no English sub. :(

Just sent to your inbox, please let me know if there's any broken links. There's no Eng sub, but at least it's one of a few C-dramas that didn't dub his voice. :sweatingbullets:

I am not sure if this has been shared here. Probably it has but I was going through this forum thread for River :

I'm always impressed with River's European community at vk.com, they've been updating regularly for the past few years or so. The main page in Russian/Ukrainian is updated almost everyday, I think they also started subbing his dramas Meteor, Butterfly, Sword and Qian Duo Duo Gets Married. Too bad I can't understand Russian because I'd always wanted to watch QDDGM.

15 hours ago, amyam01220 said:

I couldn't help but share this photo of Baron. His smile :wub:

Awww I love that smile, thanks for sharing! :heart:

9 hours ago, literatelush said:

He played a pilot character in another Chinese drama : I Want to Become a Stewardess 

Details from https://vk.com/topic-46379936_29578645

Drama - I want to become a stewardess / 我要当空姐 2012 - 2013

I guess I'm not a fan of airlines drama as I just dropped HK's Triumph in the Skies II after some episodes watched :sweatingbullets: but I'll watch this one for River (just found his scene only version), he sure looks hot in pilot uniform! :phew:

@pechumori Thanks for the pics, River and Megan always look adorable together. :wub: 

6 hours ago, pechumori said:

So, gals, do you want to start discussing his past projects one by one? Let's do it chronologically. Which one would you like to know more of at this time, Kung Fu Dunk or Fated to Love You? Both of them were released in the same year, 2008. Let me know, so that I can search about them.

Let's start with KFD since it's released before FTLY? Actually, there's a C-drama in 2006 called New Become 新昨夜星辰 that River's guest starring, I think, he only had 26 minute or so screen time.

And of course, his first Jay Chou's MV Qing Hua Ci 青花瓷 in 2007.

I've fallen for River completely ever since the moment I saw him in this MV. :wub::wub::wub:

12 minutes ago, catrisa said:

I guess I'm not a fan of airlines drama as I just dropped HK's Triumph in the Skies II after some episodes watched :sweatingbullets: but I'll watch this one for River (just found his scene only version), he sure looks hot in pilot uniform! :phew:

@pechumori Thanks for the pics, River and Megan always look adorable together. :wub: 

Off topic sorry. I'm absolutely a fan of Triumph in the Skies! First HK drama I watched in 2003 on TV and then practically waited 10 years for it's sequel in 2014. I was ecstatic at the time!  At first glance of Baron's pilot photo, I thought it was Ron Ng (oooops, my badd), 

@literatelush Thanks for sharing the info on the drama! It's a must watch for me now haha :wub: for Baron and for the pilot-plot ^^

Does anyone here have a link to "I want to be a stewardess?" Can PM me, thanks so much in advance! 

37 minutes ago, catrisa said:

Let's start with KFD since it's released before FTLY? Actually, there's a C-drama in 2006 called New Become 新昨夜星辰 that River's guest starring, I think, he only had 26 minute or so screen time.

I just watched KFD a few hours earlier. I'm so grateful that I checked it out because of River. It's really an awesome and funny movie, what a shame to have missed it.and River looks real hot as a basketball star (and you get to see his biceps often). Other reasons for watching it: Chen Bolin looks handsome with long hair, Jay Chou's impressive martial arts skills, the special effects and the slam dunks!

@catrisa, let me see if I can find anything about that C drama. If not, I'll start posting about KFD tomorrow. Thanks for the reply

18 minutes ago, amyam01220 said:

It's a must watch for me now haha :wub: for Baron and for the pilot-plot ^^

@amyam01220, me too.  I have to put that in my list.  ;)

http://twimg.edgesuite.net//images/twapple/640pix/20160328/EN05/EN05_001.jpg

53 minutes ago, ruiqi0512 said:

Hi everyone... I have translated it :) 

-VIDEO TRANSLATION-
for Apple Daily News
about River Chen

(*a split of paragraph = scene has been cut to a different one
and words in brackets are my thoughts!)

Reporter Headlines: DuPi fans start getting nervous... River Chen "confronts" Megan Lai late at night.
*cuts to DuPi kissing scene*
River: I think it can be hotter.
Reporter: Correct, all the DuPi fans are saying, just get together!!

Reporter: Did you think Bromance would have such a good reaction at first?
River: I think it can be better.
Reporter: Even more?
River: Yeah, the TV ratings didn't exceed 3 (only 2.88), which is a pity...

Reporter: The show Bromance, which River Chen and Megan Lai have starred in, has already finished airing for about a month, but everyone is still in love with the DuPi couple. The two might as well be together in real life. What do you think, fans?

Reporter: It feels like the two of you... have got good chemistry, and it looks like you two have made sparks fly in real life. 
River: *looks away* N... No...
Reporter: Feels like the two of you are in love.
River: *sips on drink nervously* *finally shakes his head*
River: Actually we didn't talk much at one point in time.
Reporter: Why?
River: Yeah, because... uhh... maybe... we don't really click, and have trouble communicating.

Reporter: Uh oh... the fans dreams have been crushed.

Reporter: River Chen accepted Apple Daily's interview... Even though River has worked together with Megan before n years ago (which means many many many years ago), but at the beginning of filming Bromance, he had trouble communicating with Megan Lai.

River: Because she's weird... and I'm weird too. 
Reporter: Hahaha
River: When she does stuff... she... usually has a plan and she has to follow it. But for me, I'm more of a person who will compromise on the spot. 
It feels like there's a piece of glass between us, and then you can't see each other clearly, but it's actually a really thin piece of glass. Just a coat of sugar. Actually once you try to poke it (the barrier), it breaks. Yeah, the thin piece of ice or glass just melts.

Reporter: Their late night heart-to-heart conversation ah, no, no... I meant WeChat conversation, breaking the ice, and it's easier to act as a couple.

Reporter: The late night WeChat conversation, how long did it last?
River: ...................... I forgot. I don't really remember. *flustered* Because I deleted it immediately. 
Reporter: Why did you delete it? XD
River: Because after the conversation, it was successful, and the communication was better (his plan succeeded) OK OK, delete it...
River: I won't save it in my phone and then read it afterwards, no, no, (bu hui 不會) no, no... I don't remind myself, I don't... no.
Reporter: So you're on very good terms with her now?
River: It's OK, we're OK, not bad.

Reporter: The conclusion is that... there's no hope for this relationship.
Me: Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Reporter: Ah He's (River's) interview about rumours.

Reporter: So the situation now is...
River: About relationships? Nothing.
Reporter: You're single?
River: Yup.

Reporter: I think you mentioned before previously that you prefer girls who have... bigger chests, or are more y'know...
River: No, I haven't said that before!! OK?!
(he actually has said it before, or hinted, and also said that he like's shorter girls... until... MEGAN LAI happened.)
Reporter: For example, Xiong Xiong? 
River: I have NEVER said that ever. 
(still referring to the previous statement, notice how he mentions this TWICE)
Reporter: Those that you have rumours with are usually Xiong Xiong, Ella Chen... 
River: I have ZERO rumours now.
Reporter: And then Ivy Chen swayed a little from your "expectations". 
River: That was probably something from about a 100 years ago...
Reporter: What about Ella?
River: No, no... she's already married.
River: I won't get into a relationship with people who are in showbiz, and have never been in a relationship with people who are in showbiz.
Reporter's caption: He denies everything.
River: My girlfriend has to be approved by my mum... yeah, I think that's the most important thing for me.
Rui Qi: Aww, he's so sweet and filial... WHAT ABOUT MEGAN LAI? MEGAN LAI IS GOOD ENOUGH RIGHT?!
River: If I bring her home and my mum isn't happy about her, I'll probably just pack her up and like, throw her at the doorstep.

@ruiqi0512, thank you for the translation.  :) i won't comment at this time. i will respect his position at the moment  i will just wait for further developments.  ;)

credit: http://ent.appledaily.com.tw/enews/article/entertainment/20160328/37131928

1 hour ago, amyam01220 said:

I posted this in the shippers thread, but I thought I'd share it here too in case some of you here don't follow the other thread. Sorry for the double post ahead of time (Ignore this if you've already read it in the other post ;P)

Here's my translation from this article by EtToday News, which personally I feel is more reputable than AppleDaily judging reading their articles for the past few weeks:

http://star.ettoday.net/news/670690?from=fb_et_star

陳楚河陳楚河半傳訊賴雅妍攤牌 感情增溫
Baron Chen messages late night and Megan Lai “lays the cards on the table” Their affection increases in warmth   like “opening of a sugar coating” (?sorry direct translation here)

As of lately both Baron and Megan have raised in popularity due to Bromance and their DuPi-love. In drama their scenes burst with “lovey dovey”-ness but in reality, at the beginning they were both unexperienced in filming those intimate scenes and caused Megan to feel too much pressure. One time it was so bad that her eyes were all red when looking at Baron, and in they end they talked about it late night over messaging and she opened up the feelings to him, which caused their affection for each other to increase.

As stated previously by AppleDaily, Baron in the past 5 years went back to China to advance his career and came back in 2015 for Bromance. In drama, they had a lot of close skinship and kissing scenes, but when filming these intimate scenes, both did not have much experience and that caused Baron to be quite uncomfortable and very tight (?tense perhaps?) Baron said; “I’m not sure how other people do it, filming the scenes to the point where my lips tremble” Megan felt a lot of pressure, mentally, to the point where she cried on scene and she looked at Baron with a really sad expression. Therefore, he decided to approach her, talk to her, let her speak her heart out, and with each message, each interaction, their knot (what was bothering them) began to untie. Baron: “It’s as if there is a piece of glass in between, it’s like a thin piece of “sugar coating” it rips upon touching it (i.e. opening up of the knot that was bothering them)

It sounds like an “ambigious love/relationship” but Baron said that he wouldn’t go back to look at the messages that night, “deleted the messages right away” In the past, he would only care about whether or not he approved of the girlfriend or not, but now he will consider his mom’s opinion too. “If my mom doesn’t approve (of her), he will tell her to take her stuff and leave!”

-----In my opinion the article further explains what Baron said the interview. In chinese there's this popular saying from a few years back, 真的假不了, 假的真不了。 真真假假, 假假真真 (What's real might not be fake, what's fake might not be real...real vs fake, fake vs real...). As per the Baron's interview video, he and Megan both know what's real and not real. And through what we believe in RM and our discussions here we can decipher for ourselves what we believe is real or not also. 

What's more important is our belief. That we continue our support for each other here and for RM. And being accepting/understanding of the truth, when truth reveals itself one day. And regardless.. support their events together as well as their upcoming individual works ;] Hope this has helped calm our shippers hearts and minds a bit **RM fighting:wub:

@amyam01220 thank you for the translation. This is the first time I read this. I haven't been to the shipper's thread for a month now. This article makes me appreciate both River and Megan's performance in "Bromance" and their professionalism.

This is River's first project

New Become Poster, 2006

edit: found a poster where he is in it

8HiAlNh.jpg

credit: youku

New Become (2006)

TV Drama Series

Director: Lai Shuiqing

Cast:

Also Known As:
Xin Zuo Ye Xing Chen

Language: Mandarin
Release Date: 2006
Episodes: 30
Runtime: 45 minutes per episode

Genre: Drama

synopsis: Synopsis:

«New Become / New stars in the night» by taiwanese director Lai Shuiqing had been clear filmed story of legacy "beyond recognition", although Zhou Jian Bang, Qiuwei Hao, Ashanti and other characters are still protagonists of the story, but their character and fate had undergone a tremendous change the complete meaning version of mainland era.
«New Become / New stars in the night» is absolutely not the old version of the wealthy son, but a poor family, but had to rely and to strive to become a white-collar on work place. He had liked Champs, but when he saw the Champs and Wu Ying had had increasingly strong emotional rapport, had quietly left. He loved his rich girl Qiu Yun, and then broke up with Qiu Yun, and fallen in love with Reika, but because of Su Yun`s pregnancy, he had married. When son became the face of Champs and often revealed feelings of guilt.

Thank you @ruiqi0512 and @amyam01220 for translating and sharing! :heart:

lol, so media still picks on him with those old rumors :rolleyes: oh well, I couldn't care less. I'll continue to support him no matter what. :wub:

3 hours ago, pechumori said:

The latest photo update of Baron on his weibo account 陈楚河的帮

Ok, he's freaking hilarious! I wonder what he's been doing at the recording studio. :P

3 hours ago, pechumori said:

This is River's first project

New Become (2006)

Thanks! I also found some pics from this drama. (credit: http://weibo.com/3minutesloveriver and Sina)

4f6e6c00a0ce8139801ad8a3efc850fd_zpszvrr

Spoiler

046dd3225e830de74723e8ec_zpsymvfwxko.jpg

73d3e0dffb78e650485403ec_zpsgldbw7nm.jpg

21 hours ago, amyam01220 said:

Off topic sorry. I'm absolutely a fan of Triumph in the Skies! First HK drama I watched in 2003 on TV and then practically waited 10 years for it's sequel in 2014. I was ecstatic at the time!  At first glance of Baron's pilot photo, I thought it was Ron Ng (oooops, my badd),

Ron also looked great in pilot uniform! :D I love HK dramas especially detective ones but I normally avoid any TVB series that has more than 30 episodes. I gave Triumph in the Skies II a try because of Chilam, though I couldn't finish it, I'll definitely check out the film adaption!

21 hours ago, amyam01220 said:

Does anyone here have a link to "I want to be a stewardess?" Can PM me, thanks so much in advance!

YT only has 22 episodes :sweatingbullets: I found full 28 eps at vk.com, but you have to sign up to watch, if it's ok, I'll pm you the link.

46 minutes ago, pechumori said:

Additional pictures from "New Become"

I think the first pic was from another drama called My Daughter 夏家三千金

I just went through his scenes in New Become, didn't understand a thing except that his character was ditched by a girl (played by Tia Lee) :D

14 hours ago, pechumori said:

lighter hair color suits him more, don't you think so?

Yes :P just like one on this pic when he doing Bad Romantic press con. :wub:

4770f6039245d688f06191a8a3c27d1ed31b24e3

(credit as on photo)

47 minutes ago, catrisa said:

I think the first pic was from another drama called My Daughter 夏家三千金

I just went through his scenes in New Become, didn't understand a thing except that his character was ditched by a girl

I see. I saw it from an old news article which seemed to mention "New Become"

I watched the River cut scenes from "New Become" and just like you @catrisa, I didn't understand why the girl switched to another guy when she seemed to like River's character when they were inside the car talking. :huh:

Oh well, I guess that ends our discussion about "New Become". We'll shift to his next project then.

53 minutes ago, catrisa said:

Yes :P just like one on this pic when he doing Bad Romantic press con. 

that picture made me melt.  :sweatingbullets::wub:

Archived