[Official Thread] Baron Chen/River Chen - a.k.a Du Zifeng of "Bromance" (Taiwan Artist)

pechumori

Baron Chen/River Chen/陳楚河

W8rYeZu.jpg

About

River Chen (Chinese: 陳楚河; pinyin: Chén Chǔhé; born May 9, 1978) is a Taiwanese actor and model. His nicknames include Chen Xiaobao (陳小宝) and Baron Chen.

Early life

Chen is the eldest son of Chen Chi-li, a reputed gang leader who masterminded the assassination of dissident journalist Henry Liu in 1984 Not long after he was born, his parents separated so he stayed with his grandparents.He studied tourism at the Chinese Culture University in Taipei.

Career

Chen made his first major appearance in the movie Kung Fu Dunk, but became better known with his role as Dylan in Taiwanese drama, Fated to Love You. He also appeared in two of Jay Chou's music videos for the songs "青花瓷" (Blue and White Porcelain) from the album On the Run and "花海" (Ocean of Flowers) from Capricorn.

• Chinese Name: 陳楚河 / Chen Chu He
  • Given Name: 陳後俊 Chen Hou Jun
  • English name: Baron Chen, River Chen
  • Nickname: 陳小宝 / Chen Xiao Bao / River
  • Profession: Actor
  • Birthday: 1978-May-09
  • Birthplace:  Da'an district, Taipei City, Taiwan
  • Height: 179cm
  • Weight: 68kg
  • Blood type: O
  • Star Sign: Taurus
  • Talent agency:  Huayi Brothers
  • Masterpiece works: Kung Fu Dunk, Meteor Butterfly Sword, Fated to Love You, The Xia Girls, My Daughter and The Magic Blade, Bromance
  • Main achievements: 2011 Youku video Idol Award, 2012 Letv festival Most Popular Actor

Personal Information

• Nationality: Han Chinese
  • Graduated from: Chinese Culture University, Beijing Film Academy
  • Talent agency: Huayi Brothers
  • Blood Type: O
  • Height: 179cm
  • Weight: 68kg
  • Ancestral home: Gaochun District of Nanjing city in Jiangsu Province
  • Father: Chen ChiLi
  • Family members: Eldest son of four
  • Sleeping habits: Cuddles a pillow
  • Most Cherished: Grandma and mom
  • How to eliminate stress: Ask someone to pull out the ears
  • The most satisfied part: palms
  • Favorite Director: Oliver Stone
  • Favorite Actor: Colin Farrell
  • All time Favorite Actor: Al Pacino
  • Favorite Movie: Scent of a Woman
  • All time Favorite Movie: Jerry Maguire
  • Favorite TV show: Miki Mizuno's "First Time"
  • Favorite cartoon: Crayon Shin-chan
  • Favorite Food: Pepper fried fish
  • Favorite fruit: Strawberries
  • Favorite color: Blue
  • Favorite singer: Sade and Jane Zhang
  • The most favorite song: Cry Me A River
  • Favorite style of clothes: Handsome leather jacket + jeans
  • Favorite Perfume: Emporio Armani lui/il/he/'el/hombre
  • Favorite type of girl: Talented female

TV Series

Movies

Music videos

External Links

credit: dramawiki 

wikipedia

baike (Chinese version of Wikipedia)

photo credit: baidu baron chen

LyNGWn0.gif

credit: baidu baron chen

(under construction)

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, akinahana89 said:

YEEEEEES!! Baron's new thread!! My love finally has another thread here! ^^ :wub:

(His first thread back in 2008 got archived due to inactivity. T_T lol)

Thank you for joining me @akinahana89! You sure are fast. I have not posted the link yet at the Bromance thread because I'm still gathering materials. I love his eyes..what can I say. We are still in the getting to know you stage, but I feel that after Bromance, more people would want to see his pictures and updates. Thank you about the information regarding his thread. I tried to look for one earlier to post pictures but could not find one, so I thought of opening a thread for him.

The first post is still a work in progress...please bear with me. ^^

In the succeeding posts, I'm going to feature photos from Baron's recent drama "Bromance" and alternate that with his latest photos. From time to time, I will post about his past dramas and movies. Please feel free to post anything about Baron or River, both of his names sound cool, don't you think? English translations of his interviews would be so much welcomed by everyone who would like to get to know him more. Thank you.

photo credit: baidu baron chen

lsc0kEi.jpg

VtTuLto.jpg

DlI9E7c.jpg

more photos

Spoiler

Fk4LdMT.jpg

CoXjBR6.jpg

flOZkYT.jpg

XSYNnSR.jpg

2 hours ago, ochasuki said:

yaay..Chu He house! :wub:

just a bit correction on Chu He b'day, i think it's on year 1978, since he is Megan's senior in HS, whilst megan was born on 1979 ^^

@ochasuki hello and welcome to the thread! Thanks for the correction. I will edit the post. :)

2 hours ago, junerain7 said:

I'm in! Thanks for starting this. I shall be a constant visitor. I've been his fan since FTLY. :)

@junerain7, you're welcome and thank you for joining the thread. I shall try my best to update it when i have the time. :D

Archived