[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

I could not insert the pic but its the one where Raon was on the bridge n the CP was looking up at her while she caresses his face..

if that is not a just for promo pic, u will notice that he is not in his CP garb but a civilian garb so is that a sign that RaOn eventually left the palace n he went looking for her? Hmm... That wld be nice..

• Like 17

43 minutes ago, chocolatepie said:

I can't remember where i read from, but according to my memory, i remembered that the money lender sue him in court, but he was still underage, they can't do anything to him.  But i think i read that they did file for bankruptcy(not sure if it was the money lender or PBG himself) and it was only last year that he managed to pay off the debts and remove from the bankruptcy list.  I'm also amazed by how he was able to go through his life under such circumstances and still appeared so cheerful, thankful and appreciate whatever he has. 

Regarding the OST, since tomorrow K. Will song will be officially released, that will leave only Beige, Baek Ji Young, Hwang Chi Yeol and PBG(praying hard he is recording the song).  

If they release 1 full song once a week, will the sequence be like this? 

Epi 9-10 : K Will, Epi 11-12: Beige(?), Epi 13-14 (Either BJY or HCY), Epi 15-16 (Either BJY or HCY), Epi 17-18 (PBG???!)

ah, thank you for your info! So glad he managed to pay off the debts ;~; glad he's not burdened anymore *teary eyes*. He's going to hit big (or already right now? hihi) with his positive vibes and thoughtful attitude. So thankful someone like him still does exist in this universe ;;

• Like 15

21 minutes ago, cynkdf said:

@chocolatepie  Not sure if it's because of Chuseok - three OSTs (including the awesome BGM by Second Moon) were released this week. I have a feeling more singers will be added to the already great OST line-up (KBS has so many singers to call on, eg the regulars on "Immortal Songs 2".

Hide contents

Would be great if they invite either Son Seung Yeon, Ailee, Ali, Kim Yeon Ji - to name but four.

Can I be greedy and hope that three OSTs will be released the week of 19 September?

Counting the number of OST songs, there are 10singers(9Songs-including PBG if he is singing) in an OST, is that even normal?  Did DOTS has so many singers singing the OST?  because i do not see many singers in a drama OST, usually 4 or 5 only.  MDBC OST is really unusual (in a good way).

• Like 10

I don't speak Korean and I am usually not very attentive to OSTs even though I watch Kdramas, so I have not heard of most (if not all) of the singers, EXCEPT Sandeul, and only because I happened to have watched LOTJ Tonga (no other place but Tonga) and he was on that trip.

Although Second Moon's BGM as well as OSTs sung by Sandeul and Gummy left an impression, mostly because they kept repeating each episode, the one that really tugged at me was Ben's Misty Road (霧之路), composed and produced by Jinyoung. When I first heard the chorus while the trio were riding into the sunset, I thought it was pretty abrupt a song, but as I listened to it recently, it began to grow on me.

I am a nostalgic person, so lyrics that touch on one reminiscing the past gets to me easily, especially when the melody catches my attention to begin with.

I read somewhere it's supposed to be RO's theme song, and to have "KYS" write the theme song for his beloved RO, maybe that's why he did such an excellent job :wub:

I could only rely on the translations to know what the lyrics are about, but the melody was haunting enough. The English and Chinese translations differ a little though, and I prefer the Chinese translated version, which made more sense to me. But ultimately, I can't judge which is more accurate, since I don't speak Korean.

For those who can read Chinese and are interested in the lyrics in Chinese...there's a youtube video on page 406, but I personally prefer this version over the one on page 406...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJb9mvzZ39k

• Like 15

9 hours ago, selenette said:

Hello everyone! New fan of this drama here. I've just marathoned the current 8  aired episodes and I must say I really like it so far. It's a pity that live-shooting will probably take its toll on cinematography and the like, since they will have to rush everything (hopefully the script and the actors' delivery will not deteriorate too much).

I hope Soo-bin's character (Ha-yeon) doesn't turn to evil or something (although I suspect this will be the case... :bawling: ) and I hope  Kwak Dong-yeon's character (Kim-hyung) will not diminish into the background, since he's originally very prominent in the novel. 

Yeah it seems a lot of the gorgeous cinemtography were shot before the show started airing.

• Like 7

K-Will will sing the soundtrack and i hope they also release the BGM too like last week. The BGM was so good even i think i like the BGM more than others.

Wow, so sad to hear our Park Bo Gum's life but life is fair right ? He finally get what he wants despite his hard time he got in the past :D

hope the new still will release in early morning so i could spas and rant about it

MOONLIGHT FIGHTING !

• Like 9

this thread is so fast... if you miss it a day or two,... you'll have at least 50+ to back reads :w00t:...

Monday is On and I'm looking forward to see another kiss from CP and RO before the wedding.. well, love confession normally ends with a kiss; so I'm expecting another kiss again :blush: and besides CP is a fast namja... he always hugs and touch RO every chance he gets.. see how fast he kiss her after learning RO identity... anyway I watched the kiss scene bts.. I love his gestures towards KYJ... such a sweet man :heart:  wiping the lipstick mark.

• Like 13

49 minutes ago, liemkopi said:

May I sincerely request the PDnim and writernim to have Roan in hanbok soonest possible? YJ can definitely make the hanbok designer proud as she looks beautiful in it.

@liemkopi oh my god i have been going around harping about this too. It just feels so unfair to have Bo Gum looking all so dashing in his hanbok and KYJ has to look unflattering in that eunuch garb (or men's clothing for that matter). She looks even smaller in that eunuch costune.  At least Park Min Yeong's men clothing in sungkyunkwan scandal wasnt that unflattering.

I hope the costume designer has a series of beautiful hanbok for her. 

Talking about hanbok....i guess Ha Yeon's wedding dress must be very pretty too. Urgh...as if it is not enough that we have to endure watching her getting married with CP....but they will look all matchy matchy and pretty too....arrrghhhhhh *crying emoticon*

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Grace1003 said:

We need to sleep early tonight, Moonlighters,for the next two nights, we will be camping in this thread.

We all have been grateful to the scriptwriter who writing such a solid, tight script out of a cliche, overused theme and to the director for beautifully and skillfully setting it to life together with the musical director and the cinematographer, I believe, however, that a very competent directorial crew cannot save a well-written drama from a flat,wooden portrayal of the characters by the cast and for this I am truly grateful to all the actors and actresses but most especially to our main leads, Bogum and Yoojung.

Why are we emotionally invested in the drama, making us lose hours of sleep doing live recapping when we only know a smattering of Korean, watching the episodes and favorite scenes for the nth time, scouring for drama news updates and listening the soundtrack over and over again? Why are Bogum and Yoojung so compelling as Lee Young and Hong Raon?

This drama has led me to read credible articles about great acting and found one that explains why their performance is powerful and gripping. I would have wanted to insert video clips, gifs or snapshots to support each of the points I quoted but not now because we need to be healthy and awake for tomorrow's live recapping. Besides, since all of us have watched the episodes over and over again, you've practically memorized all the scenes and you can pick your brains recalling those scenes that fall under each of the points I lifted from the article. I modified the article a bit, to aptly refer to both Bogum and Yoojung.

The author of the article has been a director for 30 years (article was written in 2014) and is the son of a film historian.

I think that in these points, Bogum and Yoojung are particularly doing an brilliant job...

1. A good actor or actress makes the viewer believe he or she is actually going through whatever his or her character is going through.

This refers to psychological stuff...making us believe that the emotions he or she is supposed to convey in a particular scene.

2. He or she is vulnerable.

Great actors share the parts of themselves that most people keep hidden. They are always naked. ( I'm talking about emotional nakedness.) Bad actors are guarded. They don't want to share the parts of themselves that are ugly, mean, petty, jealous, etc. (...)  when actors are exposed and raw, it's always surprising.  (...)  In fact, this sort of emotional nakedness is very hard to fake. If you ever get a sense that an actor is showing you a secret part of himself, he probably is (...) He or she is profoundly vulnerable. Always. This is his  or her most distinctive trait. You always knew what you were getting from him  or her was raw and honest.

3. He or she knows how to listen.

It's fascinating to watch actors when they're not speaking (...) to totally focus on whoever it is they're acting with. Others seem to register everything they hear. You can see whatever is being said to them physically affecting them, as if the words are slapping them across the face (...)  What they say affected him or her deeply, and his or her reactions grew organically out of whatever they had previously said or done to him.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-tell-good-acting-from-bad-acting-2014-9

@Grace1003 Thanks for sharing such a nice info. It help me understand myself so much better. Since I keep curious HOW PBG and KYJ have done to me. I become crazy addict to MDBC, CP and Raon so much.

From what I understand, it because PBG and KYJ are sincerely immerse into CP and Raon role. No matter how ugly look the role guide them into, they become beautiful and charming instead. It because of their NAKED soul, I can feel the exist of CP and Raon. Thanks god so many time that MDBC have PBG and KYJ in lead role. Because of this deep and professional elements, I can't help falling in love with CP and Raon as well as PBG and KYJ more and more. :wub:

• Like 24

1 hour ago, inlovewithmdbc said:

Hahaha think we are all in the same boat. What is it with MDBC and PBG?

I'd like to add "What is it with MDBC, PBG and KYJ?" :)  KYJ is such an awesome young actress ...the first time I watched little Kim Yoo Jung in a drama of hers, she played the adorable little girl in "Powerful Opponents" and I was charmed by her. She was the  reason I started to watch"Dong Yi" and hence

Spoiler

was introduced to my favourite Korean actor, Bae Soo Bin.

@mdbcsuperfan great username! Like you, I enjoy being on forums and learning new words and expressions. At least 

Spoiler

this is my excuse for reading and lurking on various forums for the past 15 years or so.   :) 

@chocolatepie you are right - I believe DOTS (and now MDBC) may be an exception in having so many singers singing OSTs. I checked Wiki - DOTS released 10 OSTs (songs, not instrumentals) by different singers, one new release every week (except for 17 and 18 March) ... so maybe it's due to Chuseok that three MDBC OSTs have been released this week.  ... sigh .. I was hoping for Beige's OST this coming week and of course another OST ...

https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/태양의_후예 (used Google Translate to look at dates of release of OSTs  :))

• Like 19

A warm welcome to you @mdbcsuperfan what a cool username! Actually I'm the same as you my English is under improvement hihihi my parents think I'm wasting my time here so I give them the diligent reply of "I'm studying English right now" ------ while of course enjoying every swoon worthy moments of our otp with moonlighters------  ~~~~•    •~~~~~ MOONDAY TOMORROW EVERYONE HHH it has become a national day for moonlighters 

• Like 16