[Drama 2016] Moonlight Drawn by Clouds / Love in the Moonlight ☪ 구르미 그린 달빛

Maetawinz

50 minutes ago, chocolatepie said:

I can imagine all the oppas crowding round her with the birthday cake.. it is going to be a birthday celebration she will never forget. 

Yeah. Hope yoo jung gets another kiss by bo gum on her birthday... Lollzzz 

Uri kim hyung is so......  Wink wink... Does anyone know if we are going to get any third lead syndrome? 

• Replies 31.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, __jesse said:

This symbolism contains elements of foreshadowing:

• The Queen bee is selected and nurtured by other bees, and is surrounded by sexually inactive worker bees (eunuchs).
  • There is no such thing as a ‘King bee’ in a bee colony. The Queen bee mates with drones, which die soon after the mating process. This could foreshadow LY’s absence from the palace later on.

Many people are adverse to the idea of HY marrying LY, and understandably so. But it has been determined right from the start – in the novel, in the drama and according to history – that the two would marry, and HY would become the Crown Princess.

Why can’t LY overcome the odds and marry RO? Besides the obvious political reasons, RO is someone who ought to have died twice – once when her father was arrested as the rebel leader, and once more for disguising as a eunuch and deceiving the King. She cannot be married to the Crown Prince, at least not on official records.

Reveal hidden contents

In the novel, LY and RO spent a night at a strange inn, where a crazy old lady tricked RO into wearing the bride’s hanbok. It was then that LY confessed to knowing her true gender all along, and they went on to consummate their ‘marriage’. I wonder if the writer would give LY and RO a chance to perform a ceremonial wedding before he marries HY?

HY: Father. If I must marry someone, I would like to marry someone I want.

Doesn’t this ring a bell? Someone else said something similar back in ep 2.

YS: My body doesn’t go where my heart doesn’t lead.

Both our second leads are true to their feelings, quick to confess and slow to give up. But YS is a much more difficult character to read. He hides behind fake smiles and calculated moves. I can’t decide if I can trust him just yet, because I don’t know enough of him. What caused YS to become estranged from LY and BY? And I doubt he will give up even after knowing RO only has eyes for LY, because he knows it is impossible for them to be together. 

YESSSSS Thank you so much for saying something positive for HY! I really like her character so far!! I love your foreshadowing analysis jesse!! Noticed her bee hairpins too but didn't see them in this light! ♥ 

HY is so straightforward but we can tell she is not a spoilt kind of lady. She did not throw a tantrum at her father when she was told of the marriage plans. She weighted the options that it could be bad for her clan should she directly refuse, and sought to handle the problem directly with YS. She may seem like she knows how to plan things, but her obvious failing is she cannot seem to pull off the plans well... because HY cannot disguise her feelings well... hahaha... Her face expressions when she was talking about her own bad points to YS was so hilarious...

I am really hopeful that this is a drama where the second leads are 'good' people and we will see them as more than just obstacles that come between our OTP. Goodness knows that they already have RO's huge birth secret and familial feuds between them. 

Episode 9, please give us more honey to withstand the storm that is to come! 

4 hours ago, liemkopi said:

Credit to uploader.

MOD EDIT: PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES/VIDEO/INSTAGRAM POST

KYJ performed the OST of her previous popular drama. Hope we get to see her performing again (this time with PBG) at the year end award ceremony at least:) Or PBG sang with her appearance (I hope his OST is about his profession of love for her). 

She sings beautifully :) I like your idea, hope they sing a duet

Hello kind souls out here~ Was wondering whether the BGM at the end of the drama's first teaser video has been released? Here's the link, the BGM starts at 1.10. I love the BGM so much but not really sure whether it has been "officially" released? :grimace: Also, it doesn't seem to be in the links provided by @_Nachan07 in Page 394. :confused:

I'm sure the Crown Prince and Ha Yeon would get married eventually (her drama poster photo is already a huge hint), but I doubt they'll consummate the marriage in this drama (I was thinking most likely would be a similar setup to the Moon that Embraces the Sun between Kim Soo Hyun's character and the Queen).

And I don't think the Crown Prince would die at the end of this drama. Hmm, it just doesn't fit the mood of this drama and this drama is based on the web novels instead of real history anyways. Though I'm quite wary on the news about extension. Extensions are never good news, in my humble opinion. :neutral:

36 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Good morning, chingus! :D

And thank you so much, @__jesse, for your awesome analysis! I was waiting for a more mature post on HY because I think people treat her rather badly for a character who had less than maybe 15 minutes screentime so far.

Like you I was surprised how modern she is for a lady at that time and I don't believe she deserves some negative posts on her. I still can't grasp her character sometimes which could be because of Chae Soo Bin - even though she is doing a fine job. But again that's my problem. And with HY I like she is quick-witted - not sure if I would call her smart but she's definitely not a spoiled yangban lady. I still firmly believe if a guy rejects you - not once but twice - it's about time to stop trying, no matter if she thinks she stands a chance or not. But then we wouldn't have a drama right? :)

Again I will just wait and see and I'm trusting the writer to surprise us with HY.

Note: I also noticed the bee hairpin. Lovely detail!

I actually like Her character... She seems really cute and refreshing!! My sister says that her function in the show is to show who Ra on could have been as a girl and if she could be of her status. I thought it was a good point!

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

Like you I was surprised how modern she is for a lady at that time and I don't believe she deserves some negative posts on her. I still can't grasp her character sometimes which could be because of Chae Soo Bin - even though she is doing a fine job. But again that's my problem. And with HY I like she is quick-witted - not sure if I would call her smart but she's definitely not a spoiled yangban lady. I still firmly believe if a guy rejects you - not once but twice - it's about time to stop trying, no matter if she thinks she stands a chance or not. But then we wouldn't have a drama right? :)

Again I will just wait and see and I'm trusting the writer to surprise us with HY.

Note: I also noticed the bee hairpin. Lovely detail!

I think as of now HY character is not fully fleshed out ... at one point she seem like a bright, positive go-getter type of girl and at one point - She seem pushy, scheming and a little selfish (when she is with Crown Princess) ..

I don't like her caharacter because of the latter part (scheming manipulative) .. however I'm reserving some of my feeling until director fleshed out her character.

And I am preparing my heart (I'm sure HY will marry CP) ... anyway I understand the hatred wahahaha.. ppl just can't help it ... thinking she will be the wife of our prince enough to make anyone lose 'appetite' ..

The fate of 2nd lead .. :D

Anyway .. let see if PD able to make us symphatized her if not like her?

Edit:

Why I say scheming? .. Because she has been rejected twice by CP and didn't know when to stop .. anyway she hasn't actually make any move yet after the emboidery gift .. let wait and see .  

@__jessewhat a brilliant and  insightful post, thank you! Hopefully Chae Soo Bin's character will not turn out to be the stereotype bitchy second lead female. Trivia: Chae Soo Bin's real name is

Spoiler

Bae Soo Bin. Actor Bae Soo Bin (not his real name by the way) is my favourite Korean actor. and has played evil second leads almost too well.

Princess Myungeun is so adorable, I hope she gets more screentime. I also like the actor playing Eunuch Ma. Couldn't remember which drama I'd seen him in before until I read somewhere that he is Choi Dae Chul ("Brown Bear" the funny gangster in "Jang Bori is Here")

@honeywell , Kim Yoo Jung is the luckiest teenager in Korea, For her 17th birthday she already got; 1. An intense staring from the most handsome young bachelor in Korea (Bo Gum), 2. First kiss from Bo Gum, 3. Bracelet from CP LY, 4. Probably she will get a ring from CP LY, 5. Probably another kiss from Bo Gum, 6. Etc etc..

And I recalled my 17th birthday girft was ..... Hahahaha.:D - Btw, I see a little resemblance of Jun Ji Hyun in Kim Yoo Jung here 

Watch: Park Bo Gum Is Bashful And Embarrassed After Kiss Scene With Kim Yoo Jung

Park-Bo-Gum-Kim-Yoo-Jung2.png

Watch: Park Bo Gum Is Bashful And Embarrassed After Kiss Scene With Kim Yoo Jung
KBS2TV’s “Moonlight Drawn By Clouds” revealed a making film showing behind-the-scenes footage.

The clip focused on NGs where the drama’s actors had to retake scenes. The highlight of the footage is how Park Bo Gum reacts while filming a kiss scene with Kim Yoo Jung.

While filming the kiss scene, the director says NG and Park Bo Gum shyly explains, “It’s because I didn’t do it well..”

After finishing the kiss scene, Park Bo Gum wipes off his makeup that rubbed onto Kim Yoo Jung’s nose and shows his caring nature.

SOOMPI

Archived