[Drama 2016] 38 Task Force (Squad 38) / 38사기동대 / Special eps (8/12) @11 PM KST (OCN)

Guest phi3nk

This was AWESOME! SO DAMN AWESOME! I LOVE THIS DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PERFECT, PERFECT, PERFECT IN EVERY SINGLE WAY!

i HAVE 99 PROBLEMS BUT THIS IS NOT ONE!

I LUB YOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get it!!!!!!!!

I want just cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What kind of good ending is this???

How can be good that JD past the rest of his life in jail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What happened? Is the guy on jail the real BSI? If that is so, What happened with his family? And if he is another guy............... What is the meaning?????????????????

:bawling: I don't like it at all!!!!!!!!!!:bawling:

Just now, pafaccio said:

I don't get it!!!!!!!!

I want just cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What kind of good ending is this???

How can be good that JD past the rest of his life in jail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What happened? Is the guy on jail the real BSI? If that is so, What happened with his family? And if he is another guy............... What is the meaning?????????????????

:tears:

My stream got cut off at that part. Pish. But that's okay. This is still an awesome show.

18 minutes ago, psycribbler said:

i wasn't able to saw the last part @Lady_Fay papa bear's character in bad guys showed????

Yeah it was - somehow the whole paragraph I typed about the last few scenes got deleted before I posted it. I just realized after you asked and already edited the post.

Now we know why everyone would laugh about the ending - cause it's so awesome and because the same audience that watched 38 Task Force most likely also watched 'Bad Guys' so they immediately will have catched on on about this cross-over 'cameo'.

And the ending opens up so many possibilities of what could still happen - not every issue and thread is solved but some are (purposely?) left open so a second season would be possible. We don't know how many years YJD got this time around but the last scenes of the con-team indicated that their relationship is still strong so maybe they all wait for their leader to be released. And how cool would it be if the second season shows BSI getting commissioner or mayor - who knows?

I still need to watch with subs to nderstand everything but for now I'm really satisfied with how the story wrapped up.

Edit: @Mau_Cherry I'm quite sure you will like the ending as you are a fan of 'Bad Guys' if I remember correctly.

Just now, psycribbler said:

@pafaccio it is still papa bear however, ma dong seok portrayed his role in bad guys thus he said he's not BSI when YJD called him

I never saw "Bad Guys" ............................................ 

So that means that the real BSI is happy working on his friend desk (the one who have to quit and never return back to work), and JD is in jail with the guy of "Bad Guys"??????

That sucks:tears:

@Lady_Fay yeah, though there are some questions left unanswered it's still satisfying especially with papa bear as his character in the bad guys haha, and also thank you for the recaps starting from the 1st ep it's a REAAAALLY great help :heart:also to other recappers and other chingus who updates this thread @Mau_Cherry @thecrazedkfangirl @jongski @phi3nk @blnmomand everyone in this thread (sorry if i wasn't able to tag everyone)

@pafaccio then i recommend you to watch bad guys, the tone of the series is different but it's worth watching!

@phi3nk @Lady_Fay :D Meta ending! Ha ha.. I'm reading everything. Big thanks to chingus @psycribbler @blnmom for recpaing!

@Mau_Cherry  @thecrazedkfangirl missing you guys! @bebebisous33 @kdramafan43v3r.. hope you still watching the drama. 

@xxPeepsxx we'll wait for your review!  @pafaccioThe feelz!!!!  I am confused but I'll wait for the English sub to fully understand why the ending!

@40somethingahjumma need your thoughts! :D

I have to wait for the sub. I am helluva confused!  :D

It's the final episode and we're hoping for Season 2! OCN please! Thanks y'all. #squadgoals

17 hours ago, Lady_Fay said:

And the best part the story is wrapped but there are still enough open questions that we can hope for a second season - and how cool would be a cooperation between the con-team and the bay guys team...

That's really awesome but it would be really hard to unite both groups in doing tasks since each group are driven by different motives. I notice writer-nim's trend is making bad characters into better people and teaching them to empathize to others. What's more amazing is how these changes in the characters' attitude were smoothly written.

OK..... I have to calm down right now.... I'm literally crying because the ending left me with a bitter feeling!!!!

I want to watch it with English subs to fully understand what happened today!!!! I don't like the idea of a young person being in jail and waist his precious years of life without freedom and without sharing with his family and friends! That is very sad!!!! Plus, he was so depress for what happened with his father at the point of crying every time he went on jail and visit him! Now, they are going to live separated again! I don't like that at all!!!!!!!!

This drama DEFINITELLY needs a part two!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to kill writer-nim if he don't do it!!!!!

Plus, I was encouraging one of my friends for so long to watch K-dramas, and this one was her first drama. Now.... How is she going to understand the bitter and incomprehensible ending????

Thanks everyone for all the recaps. Happy to know it's a great episode, can't wait to watch it! Even better that there WAS an episode today whereas all the other mainstream channels were broadcasting the olympics instead. YAY, thank heavens OCN is a cable network!  :D

Once upon a time in a far away land...

two worlds collided and gave us an awesome 'Con Team' - 'Bad Guys' mash-up :glasses:

Seems like our great con-team leader will win a new protector while being in jail - even if Park Woong Chul is not our BSI, no one can resist YJD's charm and smooth talking. Papa Bear doesn't know yet what will come over him but it gives us the hope that another unlikely bromance will blossom during YJD's time in jail...

Guest blnmom

I had to leave after the live broadcast, came back and watched the raw, now I understand a bit more. Jungdo really sacrificed himself for the team and for the good of the people. I cried when he had his last convo with Sungil. @pafaccio I wouldn't worry too much about Jungdo in jail, he'll get out soon enough and live to con another day. If we're lucky we'll be there to see it if they do Season 2. I really liked the ending, I thought they wrapped it up very well, and I especially liked the arc with Sunghee/Sungil/Mayor.

Thanks to ALL here for your live recaps, screencaps, news, comments, videos and pictures. Hope to see y'all soon for Shopping King Louie - Jungdo and Ma Jinseok, back together again! :P

Thank you all of you @psycribbler @jongski @blnmom @xxPeepsxx that tagged me and shared your comments and thoughts with me! .....I have to tell you that I already calmed down and start laughing and enjoying last episode :D:D:D

I'm the kind of person that usually don't cry watching a drama, and if I do, only my eyes get wet for a moment and that's all. I'm a very emotional person, but because I know that what I'm watching is just fiction I can control myself very well! What happened with this drama is that IT WAS SOOOO GOOD, that on the last episodes I got involved in a roller-coaster of emotions meanwhile watching them. I was jumping on my chair every time something unsuspected happened, clapping and yelling: "YEEESSSS" on the excited scenes, ranting at people when they were doing bad things or making me disappointing (like today almost screaming to BSI for the first 15 minutes of the show: "ARE YOU GOING TO JUST STAY THERE SITTING DOWN IN THAT CHAIR AND DO NOTHING?????????" ......I was so mad at him!!!!:P), and freaking out today watching at the clock every 2 seconds thinking:  "NOOOOO, IT'S GOING TO END SOON AND THERE ARE STILL SO MANY QUESTIONS WITHOUT ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".....I was so involved in the drama that it felt all the characters were part of my family!!!! (I know it sounds crazy!):D

So, when the episode ended in the way that it did I was in complete shock and then cry for 10 minutes feeling horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can LOL at myself and make a big ovation to writer-nim and director-nim for that superb drama, and the unsuspected ending!!!!:D

@Lady_Fay Still count me in on the future discussion, because I want to dissect and analyze everything with a big microscope :lol:

A BIG OVATION TO WRITER-NIM, for making me (for the first time) completely insane meanwhile watching a drama!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Archived