[Drama 2016] 38 Task Force (Squad 38) / 38사기동대 / Special eps (8/12) @11 PM KST (OCN)

Guest phi3nk

Guest phi3nk

An OCN Original
Presents

38 Task Force (Police Unit 38) / 38 사기동대

tumblr_o7m9twYeKv1u9i97ho1_500.jpg

Director
Kim Jung Min

[Hide Identity, Bad Guys]

Writer
 Han Jung-hoon

[Bad Guys, Vampire Prosecutor 1 & 2]

Network: OCN

Episodes: 16

Broadcast Date

17 June, 2016 -- 06 August, 2016 , Friday - Saturday  23:00

Special Eps 12 August, 2016 

About the Show | Synopsis

The task force chief of Seoul City Hall and a con man work together to collect taxes from those who avoid paying large amounts. (Asianwiki)

As a reference to Article 38 which pertains to tax payments, this special police unit utilizes the criminals' own tactics of scams and deceit to catch rich tax cheats.(Dramawiki)

This comedy crime show is a drama depicting the process how a chief officer of revenue collection unit with Seoul City and a fraudster work together to collect all of the unpaid taxes from high income taxpayers (Hancinema)

Cast of Characters

Ma Dong Seok as Baek Seong-il

Seo In Guk as Yang Jung Do

Sooyoung as Cheon Sung Hee

Song Ok Suk as No Bang Sil

Heo Jae Hoo as Jang Hak Joo

Ko Kyu Pil as Jung Ja Wang

Lee Sun Bin as Jo Mi Joo

Joo Woo Jin 

cr : asianwiki | Dramawiki | Hancinema 

Notes

1. "38 Task Force" takes over the OCN for Saturday-Sunday 23.00 PM time slot previously occupied by "Vampire Detective"

2. Bad Guys, Vampire Prosecutor returns with new drama for OCN by dramabeans

3. Seo In-gook, Sooyoung for new OCN comic crime drama by dramabeans

4. Ma Dong Seok, Seo In guk, Sooyoung confirm as the casts in 38 Task Force Sport Seoul News 1 Chosun

Teaser 

Recaps

1. Dramabeans : Episode (1) , (2) , (3) , (4) , (5) , (6) , (7) , (8) , (9) , (10) , (11) , (12) , (13) , (14) , (15) , (16)
  2. Dramas With a Side of Kimchi : (1) , (2) , (3) , (5) , (6) , (7) , (8) , (9) , (10) , (11) , (12) , (13) , (14) , (15) , (16)
  3. Cimiart : (1) , (2) , (3) , (4) , (5) , (6) , (7) , (8) , (9)(10) , (11) , (12) , (13) , (14) , (15) , (16)
  4. VarietyRecaps : (2) , (3) , (4) , (5) , (6) , (7) , (8) , IMPCap (9) , (10) , (11) , (12) , (13) , (14) , (15) , (16)
  5. Brief Recap & Impressions : couch-kimchi 

Follow k-dramas & movies; actors & actresses forum rules

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 

Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest phi3nk

Casting News (Seo In Guk, Sooyoung, Ma Dong Seok, Park Shin Yang, Kang Sora, Lee Yo Won, Yoon Sang Hyun)

ss1.jpg

Sports News - Naver: [Exclusive] Seo In Guk, Sooyoung, Ma Dong Seok cast in 'Police Squad 38'... The second 'Bad Guys' 

1. [+658, -26] Looking forward to In Guk

2. [+495, -22] Seo In Guk's finally back to work. Hit daebak

3. [+351, -17] Wow daebak!!! Excited excited

4. [+319, -15] 'Bad Guys' is daebak. The more it makes me excited because they're referring to it as the 2nd 'Bad Guys'

5. [+283, -35] Wow. The drama lineup for OCN this year is daebak.. Park Shi Hoo, Lee Joon, Seo In Gukㄷㄷ Daebak

6. [+96, -7] Heol. Seo In Guk's taking on a completely different character this time.. An actor is more charming when he immerses himself in varied roles. Looking forward to it

7. [+85, -6] Seo In Guk and Ma Deong Seok!!!! So extremely stoked~~~~!! Such a good news. I'v been waiting for Seo In Guk's next drama~!^^

8. [+75, -4] You can trust Seo In Guk~~~~

cr : kkuljaem

Guest phi3nk

OCN drama pairs Seo In-gook as charming swindler, Sooyoung as upright civil servant

SeoInGook_Sooyoung_MaDongSeok1.jpg

Ah, so the cast has been finalized for OCN’s scam-artists-catching-scam-artists dramaPolice Unit 38, and it’s the same actors that were initially in contention: Seo In-gook (I Remember You), Sooyoung (My Spring Days), and Ma Dong-seok (Bad Guys). I like the actors, and moreover, I like the way this drama is taking a humorous spin on a crime squad, so this is good news.

The drama is a little oddly specific in its premise: A team is assembled to go after tax evaders using any means necessary, which includes using the criminals’ own tactics to trick them and bring ’em down, whether it’s through lies, subterfuge, con artistry, or the like. Is it strictly ethical? Well, maybe not exactly… but sometimes you just want people to get things done, and a bureaucratic system full of red tape is not exactly the most efficient justice delivery vehicle.

(Fyi, the title is translated Police Unit 38, where Article 38 of the legal code is the part that deals with tax payment. The word for police unit has a prefix attached that plays on the word for scam, since the team will employ scams of their own in catching their targets.)

Seo In-gook will play a charming swindler who’s sexy, smart, and glib, which makes for frankly perfect casting. It should also give us a fun match-up, since he’ll have an unlikely bromance with Ma Dong-seok, who plays the upright, righteous chief of the tax collection department. Sooyoung, meanwhile, lives by the rules as a civil servant working in the tax evasion department who is principled and logical in everything — which suggests to me that she may not have the easiest adjustment to working with our con artist hero. Should be a fun meeting of personalities, and the producers promise a fast tempo to the cases, humor, and satisfying plots.

Police Unit 38 comes from writer Han Jung-hoon, who’s already produced several hit OCN crime dramas, Bad Guys and both seasons of Vampire Prosecutor. Directing is PD Hwang Joon-hyuk of Hidden Identity. It will air in June.

cr : dramabeans

@phi3nk  hey! :D  Thanks for thread.. thanks OCN

Coming from the pd who did 'Bad Guys'..awesome!

"Seo In-gook will play a charming swindler who’s sexy, smart, and glib"

Minus the swindler part.. this is what he was like in I Remember You. I love! :wub:

Hello~~~~ I was in My Spring Days thread and I'm here again for the next Sooyoung's drama. YAY~!

sweetsoo.gif

38 Task Force seems like a good drama.

I tend to like pre-produced drama a lot (minus Cheese in Trap) but I have huge hopes that this one is superb (there's Seo In Guk, duh~ :wub: and the awesome Ma DongSeok).

Guest phi3nk

wave hi chingu... @jongski  :D Hope you would join us here. Let's spazz around here. I learn to make the thread for Seo In Guk and of course for the Bad Guys teams, hehe... Bad Guys is awesome, hope the writer could make interesting plot and characters since this is a pre-produced drama. You know, how i wish Park Bo Gum could join here, but he already signed in another drama, huhu... i miss the brothers from IRY badly. :bawling:

welcome @mylovegyoza and @inshara2000 Wish this is going to turn out be good. I hope it won't to be like another pre-produced (ehemmmm... you-know-what-i-mean??) coz i like the premise and overall team production and casts. Such a solid materials.

57 minutes ago, phi3nk said:

i wish Park Bo Gum could join here, but he already signed in another drama, huhu... i miss the brothers from IRY badly. :bawling:

Ha ha same here.. oh  same day news it seems. new drama for both of them. But I like my drama gritty and full action. I'm gonna be here :)

More news...

https://www.dramafever.com/news/seo-in-guk-and-sooyoung-set-to-headline-ocns-police-unit-38/

Seo In Guk and Sooyoung set to headline OCN's crime comedy Police Unit 38

f7b5ff46-7eca-4563-b181-bfe2ac5455cb.png

Seo In Guk and Sooyoung recently confirmed that they will lead the cast of upcoming OCN series Police Unit 38Ma Dong Suk joins them in the comedic crime drama about con artists who team up with civil servants to catch tax evaders. 

Seo In Guk will play slick con artist Yang Dong Jo, who finds himself helping the tax collection department. Sooyoung will play Chan Sung Hee, an upright civil servant working on the tax evasion team, and Ma Dong Suk will play tax collection chief Baek Sung Il, who has an unlikely bromance with Dong Jo.

95f6d05d-98cc-4867-962b-a288ec72a68e.jpg

Together, the team will come up with various scams to go after the nation's most notorious tax evaders. So, basically it's Bad Guys but with less murder, like Bad Guys by way of American show White Collar? I'm sold!

Given the similar plot, it should come as no surprise that this drama comes from the writer/director team behind Bad Guys (which also included Ma Dong Suk in one of his best roles). Police Unit 38 is described as a comedy, however, so it will probably be a lot more lighthearted than the previous drama.

What do you think about this casting news and the plot synopsis? I find both Seo In Guk and Sooyoung immensely charming, so I have no doubt their onscreen chemistry will be off the charts. Toss in this writer/director team, and I'm officially counting down the days until the June premiere! 

This guy in new a drama. jongski is happy. So the drama is crime-com which if done well can be a hit. It's not the gritty crime drama I'm always looking for this probably gone be more of a  witty smart aleck kinda crime drama. After  psycho I Remember You.. we're gonna see him again. :wub:

CcnXFY7WEAAWwlf.jpg

Guest phi3nk

@jongski I'm glad he's not typically common actor who has ambition to get popular. He's kind type of guy whose willing to take a challenging role. That's why i adore him. I hope he won't change. so far this casting news has a lot of positive comments. :wub:

@LavelyShai I waited until somebody confirmed it to take the role. When dramabeans wrote an article, they were still considering. Then i felt excited at the moment when i heard the news and I can't wait any longer. kkeekkkee....

And yaayyyyy.... (dance in happiness) :D:D:D

Ah... yes... another OCN drama in the pipeline. Excellent. This is one that doesn't have vampires which means I am in!

Our favourite gangster from Bad Guys is a tax collector here... so nothing's change... If he's not careful he'll be typecast. :P

Seo In-gook is always good value. Definitely looking forward to this one.

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Ah... yes... another OCN drama in the pipeline. Excellent. This is one that doesn't have vampires which means I am in!

Our favourite gangster from Bad Guys is a tax collector here... so nothing's change... If he's not careful he'll be typecast. :P

Seo In-gook is always good value. Definitely looking forward to this one.

I am also curious to watch this. I loved all the dramas where Seo I.G. worked. He is a really good actor. The other reason is the writer from Bad Guys!

Don't you think that @liddi, @NRGchick, @kyunii88 will be interested in this one as well? 

@bebebisous33 Thank you for the shoutout. I was intrigued when I read the news about this drama, especially seeing that Seo In Guk and Ma Dong Suk are leading the cast. Tax collection... perhaps it won't be as dark as Signal or Bad Guys :P Will be keeping a lookout for this when it airs!

7 hours ago, phi3nk said:

I'm glad he's not typically common actor who has ambition to get popular. He's kind type of guy whose willing to take a challenging role. That's why i adore him. I hope he won't change. so far this casting news has a lot of positive comments.

Post deserves a quote. I agree. And what I like about this upcoming drama... positive comments and good vibes and no controversies and all that. And the fact that SIG is a good actor.. he's just simple normal guy. Nothing loud or in your face. I love. :):wub:

Guest asmaraseo
9 hours ago, jongski said:

Post deserves a quote. I agree. And what I like about this upcoming drama... positive comments and good vibes and no controversies and all that. And the fact that SIG is a good actor.. he's just simple normal guy. Nothing loud or in your face. I love. :):wub:

Another post deserves a quote. This is exactly why I love Seo In Guk. I'm so happy that this new drama brings only positive vibes so far. Some of SIG previous dramas had some sort of controversies even before it aired, like King's Face and I Remember You as well when other actors turned down the offer.

Hugs to @phi3nk big thanks for starting this thread! You're awesome! :wub:

@40somethingahjumma, hi there, I remember you from The King's Face thread, so happy to see you here, hope this is much better in writing than King's Face hehe

I'm not familiar with pre produced Kdrama. Does it mean we would still be able to get stills, BTS vids, and other news from filming set? It feels great to have any news from the shooting set and commenting on forum like this, it feels like really going on the set in person lol oh how I wish.

Gukkiyaaa, come soon please!!! :wub::wub::wub:

Guest asmaraseo

Seo In Guk and Sooyoung pair up for OCN’s ‘Police Unit 38’

07 Monday Mar 2016

Posted by snow in Dramas

1 Comment

sig sy

I love Seo In Guk and I love Sooyoung and so I’m full of the joys of spring with the news that they will star together in upcoming OCN drama Police Unit 38. The show will also star veteran actor Ma Dong Suk. It will be a romance-comedy-crime drama that centers around a team that goes after tax evaders using all means necessary. The tax evasion department joins hands with a con artist to catch and collect tax from those who cause huge tax scams.

Seo In Guk stars as the said con artist and swindler who is charming, sexy and smart — he is perfect for this role. Sooyoung will play a civil servant who is very principled. It is needless to say that the clash of personalities of the two leads will result in some funny scenarios and of course romance at some point. Ma Dong Suk will take the role of the righteous chief of the said department. I’m so excited for this drama it’s not even funny. I’ve always loved Seo In Guk in all his roles, the latest being in I Remember You. It’s great that Sooyoung is doing a comedy after her last melodrama My Spring Days. She instantly won my heart in Dating Agency Cyrano and I can’t wait for Police Unit 38. Both actors have shown great chemistry before with their costars and hence, I’m expecting a terrific one from these two. Fingers crossed!

Police Unit 38 is written by the screenwriter of Bad Guys and both seasons of Vampire Prosecutor. It will be directed by the PD of Hidden Identity and Bad Guys. Defintely a strong team behind the camera. It is slated to air from June.

from thedramacorner

Seo In Guk and Sooyoung Confirmed to Star in Korean Drama Police Unit 38

Posted on March 6, 2016 by Kay

Police Unit 38 Korean Drama - Seo In Guk and Sooyoung

Seo In Guk (I Remember You) and Girl’s Generation’s Sooyoung (The Spring Day of My Life) have been confirmed to star in the new OCN comedy crime drama Police Unit 38.  Sooyoung will play an upright member of the tax evasion team while Seo In Guk will be a charming con artist who ends up helping to catch tax evaders.  Also in the cast is Ma Dong Suk (Bad Guys) as the chief of the tax collection department.

The set up is complete for some humorous interactions and scenarios between this clash of personalities.  This is a very solid cast and should be a nice addition to OCN’s lineup.

Police Unit 38 comes from the writer of Bad Guys and tells the story of a special police task force that goes after tax evaders.  A group of cops and criminals will team up to catch the bad guys.

Police Unit 38 is scheduled to premiere in June on OCN.

from kdramakisses

Archived