[Drama 2016] 38 Task Force (Squad 38) / 38사기동대 / Special eps (8/12) @11 PM KST (OCN)

Guest phi3nk

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

can someone tell me... if WC (basically BS in jail).. does anyone remember what was the name of his character is Bad guys?

Was this a crossover?

I looked it up and it was Park Woong-Cheol :w00t:

10 hours ago, Lady_Fay said:

I so loved the last two episodes...

Writer-nim is just awesome in weaving a tightly-knit net that kept us drawn to the story. This show had so many layers and various cons that it was an amazing ride to follow along each and every week. And as I already expected yesterday, watching with subs confirmed that there as still enough questions unanswered for creating the second season everyone is craving for... Just a few points I can think of right now would be:

I. What is the background story of chairman Wang - why did he go to jail and how did he meet YJD? Connected to that how did YJD save his life and what was the bond that kept Chairman Wang helping YJD even if he lost money with it?

II. What happened to commissioner Ahn? Cause he should have been one of those arrested as he was seen as the lackey of the mayor who received the money from chairman Chun via YJD, but when the mayor held his press-con he was still running free and listening to it while sitting in his car. Considering that he took the call from his wife and told her he will be late I could not shake the feeling that he contemplated committing suicide in his car instead of being put in jail. Anyone else who had this feeling? Or he already had a plan B of how to leave the mess and country behind and he will be the big bad out on revenge for the con-team in season 2?

III. What kind of deal did YJD make with the prosecutor? I'm quite sure he got some kind of deal in reducing his sentence as he was the chief-witness for the prosecutors and in most countries this would allow for a reduced sentence. So maybe he soon will be out on parole again?

IV. Why is chairman Chun still not in jail? He just lost a bit of money but he wasn't send to jail? So is he alredy planning his big revenge (hello season 2) and who else did he buy and controll with his money that we do not know off yet? Cause maybe he also bought someone on a higher level than just the city-level and that's why he is still out of jail?

V. How could CSH be involved in raiding chariman Chun at the end? That seemed like a minor flaw as I assume the press will have digging her relationship with the myor sooner or later and that their relationship would hamper any attempt to prosecute the chairman - how can the daughter of the one receiving bribes from Chun be the one collecting his taxes without being doubted of being involved in the shady relationships between her father and him before they were revealed? Even if she isn't there would be enough reasonable suspicion to actually put her under investigation by the prosecutors and public scrutiny in most countries? Due to the family-ties she should not be involved in anything related to the investigated cases as long as she could be suspected as well - at least until she is officially found and declared innocent - as the defence counsels of Chun, old cop or Ahn could try to use it for their benefits creating doubts during the judical proceedings.

VI. What happened to the old leader of tax team 2 and the intern that was in coma? Did they recover? Are they or their families secretly supported (financially) by the tax team?

VII. How are the poeple of the Maseok-Dong district actually saved? Was the redevelopment stopped just because a new mayor took over? And even if it was halted how could they be sure it isn't just temporarily? Does our con-team have any indiscriminating documents that could give them the power to stop the redevelopment forever? Or could the fight just be paused and the second season could show round 2 of a long-running battle?

How about all of you? What do you think @Mau_Cherry, @thecrazedkfangirl, @phi3nk, @pafaccio@jongski, @psycribbler, @alekaonu, @catocat, @40somethingahjumma, @ituaku, @elviraxxx, @l3ros, @vieedha, @holyfea, @xxPeepsxx, @blnmom, @knightauror, @bebebisous33, @pangia, @inkblotstains, @peachviolet, @MiAmour, @kimnabong, @luci888, @enigmatic_zephy, @popscreen7, @letzparty @seungshin and all the others I forgot to personally tag? Anything else you think is still left open? Let's try to create a list of things, issues that could still be adressed as they are not completely revealed yet?

@knightauror concerning the money for the university I think it's safe to assume that it's still our con-team behind it. Cause when BSI and YJD met at the prosecutor's office they agreed that each of them should continue fighting the bad with their means and own ways. And the rest of the con-team also realized that YJD went into jail after taking the blame and rescuing them all from getting their involvement revealed. We could see that the team is still meeting up and we saw that BSI is back at being a chief on the tax office (tax team 2 now). And the news report gave us the info that the director of the university was charged to be corrupt that he was met with a property-con before the anonymous donation for the university was made. So I assume their current working routine is the following - whenenver BSI finds out someone is corrupt and taking dirty money during his tax-investigations, he drops some hints to his friends without being directly being involved (as him being directly involved could be found out and risk his position as public official). And afterwards the team cons those BSI tells them before the money conned from them is later on donated anonymously (as it doesn't seem to be tax money considering the fact that they already conned the the outstanding taxes 2 years ago). Cause BSI looked rather pleased with the nows report and CSH gave him a proud side-eye, so I think she at least suspects his indirect involvement here as well.

I'm also trying to figure out how a second season could look like. At least for me it feels like the whole team is actually waiting for YJD to be released - their friendship and bonding still seems to be on. And considering the fact that YJD was the chief-witness and that his ties with chairman Wang seems to be strong enough that he could actually ask chairman Wang to act like he is selling him out, I like to imagine that he well have enough people working on getting a parole for him again. Additionally we learned that Papa Bear's Park Woong Chul is also expected to be released soon  - that would on the one hand give enough time for YJD and PWC to bond and secondly it would allow for them 'incidentally' be released around the same time and give the con-team a new member now that BSI cannot directly join them any longer. Cause BSI promised YJD to do everything needed for keeping his job - so maybe in season 2 BSI will be the one in the background giving them their cases and the con-team now including PWC would than start to work on them.

Or how do you imagine a season 2 could look like?

@Lady_Fay Great points!!! All of them are things that I want to know too.... Plus:

- How MJS got involved as part of the team? The only explanation that they said was that JD and him meet again in jail, and that MJS wanted a revenge against BPK because left him without a penny on his pockets. But the real true was that thanks to BSI and JD (when they conned his $5.000.000), BPK got mad at MJS, and that was the reason why BPK turned his back on him and MJS loose all his fortune. He should be mad at JD and BSI, and not at BPK!!! Am I wrong?

- @bebebisous33 I want to know too Where is detective PDB? The last thing that we saw was that he was handcuffed and we don't know anything else about him! 

- Talking about detective PDB, I want to know too what was the part that BSI misunderstood from their conversation.  

- Why, if JD and his father are in the same jail, they cannot see each others? That would be great that at least they can share some time together before his father is release from jail in one year!

- What happened with BPK's children? I want to see how they are doing.... PBK and his son should be able to see each others in jail, as well as to see SJS and JD!!!! Can you imagine all of them together against JD???? :( ....I hope JD becomes the "Bad Guys" best friend SOON!!!!! hahahahahahaha :D

- How many years in total JD spent in jail his whole life? .......That's is sad!!! He has a bad childhood (I want to see why too) and he deserves to remake his life too!  

- BSI returned back to his boring marriage/family life??? At least, Did he finally buy a car?????? :D

- OF COURSE I HAVE TO MENTION THIS................. What happened with JD and CSH in the past???? I really want to know that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to see them together, kissing, hugging, and................. and .....................and being happy of course (How can you have those mischievous thoughts??? hehehehe B)

- Talking about couples....we have to pair people in Part 2 dramaaaaaaaa.......... JD-CSH of course for me.......... Keybord-Wallet secretary (they already like each others)........................ and Gold-Burner??? hahahaha At least half part is done because he likes her!!!!! hahahahaha

- How JD's mom died??????????? ...............My poor puppy.... father in jail and mother dead!!!! :tears: He needs lots of kisses, hugs, and ................. and .....................and this time you are right..... the mischievous thought that you have.... he needs that too!!!!! ;)

Great point about commissioner Ahn. It never crossed my mind that he can commit suicide, but there is a possibility; which is sad because his wife is pregnant of their second child! I will love to see him as a villain on Part II.

About "Bad Guys" and "38 Task Force" joining together in Part II? I don't see how can this be possible! "Bad Guys" team are fighting against real assassins and trash people, the worst of the worst. Both teams have completely different targets, unless one of the tax evaders in Part II start becoming a serial murderer, witch will change all the original drama. I have to say that "Bad Guys" is not my genre movie/drama.... too much blood, cruelty, and horrible scenes with human organs everywhere.... My heart is getting crushed with all those scenes!!!! :confounded:  I don't want 38 Task Force becomes like that!!!!!! ...................Even so I'm still watching it (episode 5 so far)!!! :P

The possible future candidate for Mayor (the one who will be CGS opponent in the future elections) was shown as man with "integrity", but the true is that we don't know if he can get contaminated from the corruption too, and become worst than anybody else! He can be another villain in Part II.

I have lots of more questions, but right now my brain turned off.... 

The ratings shown on Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/38_Revenue_Collection_Unit

In the table below, the blue numbers represent the lowest ratings and the red numbers represent the highest ratings.

Episode # Original broadcast date Average audience share
AGB Nielsen Ratings[8] TNmS Ratings[9]
Nationwide Seoul National Capital Area Nationwide
1 June 17, 2016 1.577% 2.147% 1.0%
2 June 18, 2016 1.920% <1.524% 1.4%
3 June 24, 2016 2.251% 2.454% 1.9%
4 June 25, 2016 3.338% 3.193% 2.9%
5 July 1, 2016 1.867% 1.738% 1.9%
6 July 2, 2016 3.088% 3.008% 3.2%
7 July 8, 2016 3.185% 3.185% 2.9%
8 July 9, 2016 4.063% 4.027% 3.3%
9 July 15, 2016 3.383% 2.818% 3.3%
10 July 16, 2016 3.955% 3.783% 3.9%
11 July 22, 2016 3.578% 3.409% 3.4%[10]
12 July 23, 2016 4.468% 4.903% 4.4%
13 July 29, 2016 3.794% 3.488% 3.8%
14 July 30, 2016 4.386% 4.122% 4.8%
15 August 5, 2016 4.099% 4.134% 5.0%
16 August 6, 2016 4.559% 4.024% 6.7%
Average 3.344% <3.247% 3.363%

It's super fantastic to see the BIG SUCCESS of the drama!!!!

@pafaccio The reason why MJS was mad at CCW and BPG and not at YJD/BSJ because of the con is so simple: We saw how MJS was treated himself by BPG and his son. He got beaten and humiliated.... He was just a minion in their eyes, not a friend at all. It was even more than that. MJS never paid the taxes because he wasn't allowed to do it. Notice how BPG got mad about the fact that MJS had paid his taxes. So he considered MJS's fortune as his own.... in the end, MJS was working hard himself. So he was different from BPG and his son. Both were just leechers. MJS realised with the con that he had never been the real owner of his wealth (beating, he was abandoned by BPG) to a certain extent. So he realised that money can't buy you everything. When he took the fall for BGP's son first, he thought that he could get support again. Yet it didn't happen. BGP/CCW abandoned him twice. They turned their back on him because he was no longer needed. the con made MJS realise a lot in my opinion:

- the hypocrisie of our society,

- He wasn't that powerful, he lost his wealth, support and reputation so quickly.

- He was not different from people from lower social classes

YJD has never been in the same prison as his father in my opinion. Besides, there are more prisons than just one.

Why CCW wasn't sent to jail can be easily explained: he paid his taxes and as for the corruption, I guess, he had still some money to get a better judgement.

As for Ahn TW., I don't see him committing suicide. When he mentioned, he would come later to his wife, from my point of view, he knew that he had to go to the police. He didn't want to be seen arrested in front of his wife. Ahn has always been too greedy and ambitious to fall apart, just because he had been caught. Look how he turned around the situation 2 years ago. But he is different from SJ because his greed is not about wealth. He said it to CGS that he dreamt of a new SW. So he wanted to become a politician (and powerful), while SJ was more into money.

What writer-nim let us assume, on the last episode, is that BSI and the con team are still working together, and that CGH and BSI's original team know about it. You can see it in their smiles, like if they accomplish another mission successfully and all of them are accomplices! That implies that Chairman Wang and his secretary are working together as well through Wallet. But the question is WHY and WHAT are their motivations? I don't think business people are happy blowing money away just for fun, and I don't see either why they want to keep working together to help collecting evaded taxes. The fact that all of them become suddenly "good" and "philanthropist", just because they enjoyed working together for some month, it's almost unbelievable and only true in Disney Movies. Plus, I don't like the other possibility, that the motivation is to be kind of "heroes" in secret helping to get rid of injustices.... That sounds worst.... like the fakes Super Heroes with secret identities:  Superman, Batman, Spider-man.........and all those ".....man" that are not true in real life either.

The scene were Burner betrayed the team because he was upset with JD was totally believable and similar to what is the real true in this world. We are human beings. We get mad, sad, we rant, yell, we lie, cheat, we are jealous, and sometimes even we act childish wen things don't turn out our way, or someone that we trust betray us. The only part that was not believable was the time that took him to forget. Why not letting Burner be mad for more time? I mean.... in just few seconds he confess, got mad, rant, felt bad, and forget everything after JD said "I'm sorry" with a cute face!!!! :huh: Com'on!!!:huh:

The motivation is the part that is still hard for me to swallow..... It's just unbelievable! ....Unless we are talking about some sort of parallel "Barbie's world" were everything is pink and love.

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Today I finally came back from my trip (abroad) therefore I had been so quiet for a long time!!;)

@bebebisous33 Yes you're back! welcome back..  we missed ya. Going to digest thoughts and read you posts

@valsava you're back too! yes!  Just ..links are everywhere...just look. This drama is thumbs up!

@kdramafan43v3r@kimnabee :(  oh guys, where are you? thoughts? Busy? disappointed at the drama? 38TF One of the best dramas for 2016 in my.opinion.

@thecrazedkfangirl @Mau_Cherry I'm sure you guys have a lot of thoughts for this..  lest see if it jives with how  other view the dram. Over all. Aw. chingus here in this thread knows how I feel :D 

And the rest of our chingus... yeah, Season 2 OCN please. #squadgoals

Going to watch again 15-16 to fully understand. 

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@pafaccio The reason why MJS was mad at CCW and BPG and not at YJD/BSJ because of the con is so simple: We saw how MJS was treated himself by BPG and his son. He got beaten and humiliated.... He was just a minion in their eyes, not a friend at all. It was even more than that. MJS never paid the taxes because he wasn't allowed to do it. Notice how BPG got mad about the fact that MJS had paid his taxes. So he considered MJS's fortune as his own.... in the end, MJS was working hard himself. So he was different from BPG and his son. Both were just leechers. MJS realised with the con that he had never been the real owner of his wealth (beating, he was abandoned by BPG) to a certain extent. So he realised that money can't buy you everything. When he took the fall for BGP's son first, he thought that he could get support again. Yet it didn't happen. BGP/CCW abandoned him twice. They turned their back on him because he was no longer needed. the con made MJS realise a lot in my opinion:

- the hypocrisie of our society,

- He wasn't that powerful, he lost his wealth, support and reputation so quickly.

- He was not different from people from lower social classes

YJD has never been in the same prison as his father in my opinion. Besides, there are more prisons than just one.

Why CCW wasn't sent to jail can be easily explained: he paid his taxes and as for the corruption, I guess, he had still some money to get a better judgement.

As for Ahn TW., I don't see him committing suicide. When he mentioned, he would come later to his wife, from my point of view, he knew that he had to go to the police. He didn't want to be seen arrested in front of his wife. Ahn has always been too greedy and ambitious to fall apart, just because he had been caught. Look how he turned around the situation 2 years ago. But he is different from SJ because his greed is not about wealth. He said it to CGS that he dreamt of a new SW. So he wanted to become a politician (and powerful), while SJ was more into money.

@bebebisous33 I'm not so sure about it, because everything started with BSI and JD interfering with his money. When DJ said to BSI "Do you remember how we meet MJS? I thought MJS knew about the plan from the beginning, witch could explain why he doesn't see JD and BSI as the sparkle that ignited the whole fire, but that was not the case because he started planning with JD in jail. One of the things that you are not taking into account is How the "pride" plays a role in this kind of situation. It's true that BPG and his son treat him like garbage and that they trowed him like a bag of potatoes but, beyond that, MJS has a beloved daughter. That girl grew up with plenty of money, with fancy and rich things, and a high status in society. If BSI (a guy living below middle class) felt awful with his daughter because he was humiliated for not having a car, how much more MJS watching his precious daughter becoming a poor girl from night to morning? ...and all thanks because BSI and JD "touched a sore spot". That is enough reason to become evil, because there is no more frustration for a parent than not be able to help fulfill your child's dreams.  If someone hurt a person's pride, that person is going to take some action for sure..... but if someone hurt someone's beloved child, he/she can become an evil person (in most of the cases). This makes me realize that he was another one who become "good" as well for no apparent reason. I'm going to start believing that JD is a kind of "Fairy Godmother".... he has the power to transform bad in good, just with his cute smirk!!! :D

To be honest, I have a little doubt that we will get season 2 with the same characters and the same actors. It's just very, very rare to have a season 2 with the same characters and actors in Korean dramaland. All those dramas with season 2, like Iris 2, Full House Take 2, Dream High 2, etc are all a drama with similar concept but different characters and actors. I know OCN's own Vampire Prosecutor is an exception, though... but I still don't have high hopes for season 2 (with the same characters and actors), especially if we consider that Seo Inguk's military enlistment is getting nearer, I think he either enlists at the end of this year or at the first half of next year. Then we have to wait two years more for a season 2 if they really going to make it. What if they means by we will be back is just means the same team of crew will make a different drama for OCN again, with a new story, new characters and new actors? Or will it means they make season 2 with the same concept, but about different characters played by other actors? Or will they make a spin off about other characters from the first season (I don't mind with this one)? Of course I want a season 2 about the continuity of the plot with these characters played by the same actors, but I don't want to put high hopes on it. :( I will be truly glad if my doubt proved to be unnecessary and that we will really get to see Jung Do, Sung Il, and the gang again.

5 hours ago, pafaccio said:

@bebebisous33 I'm not so sure about it, because everything started with BSI and JD interfering with his money. When DJ said to BSI "Do you remember how we meet MJS? I thought MJS knew about the plan from the beginning, witch could explain why he doesn't see JD and BSI as the sparkle that ignited the whole fire, but that was not the case because he started planning with JD in jail. One of the things that you are not taking into account is How the "pride" plays a role in this kind of situation. It's true that BPG and his son treat him like garbage and that they trowed him like a bag of potatoes but, beyond that, MJS has a beloved daughter. That girl grew up with plenty of money, with fancy and rich things, and a high status in society. If BSI (a guy living below middle class) felt awful with his daughter because he was humiliated for not having a car, how much more MJS watching his precious daughter becoming a poor girl from night to morning? ...and all thanks because BSI and JD "touched a sore spot". That is enough reason to become evil, because there is no more frustration for a parent than not be able to help fulfill your child's dreams.  If someone hurt a person's pride, that person is going to take some action for sure..... but if someone hurt someone's beloved child, he/she can become an evil person (in most of the cases). This makes me realize that he was another one who become "good" as well for no apparent reason. I'm going to start believing that JD is a kind of "Fairy Godmother".... he has the power to transform bad in good, just with his cute smirk!!! :D

But MJS had given his wealth to his relatives in order to lessen his taxes. He even got divorced because of that. So even if it is not shown, I have always thought that MJS had been abandoned by his wife too. As a divorcee, the wife could have gotten the child's custody rights. MJS went to prison aso... no-one wants to be connected to him any longer therefore he is poor.

Guest phi3nk

Police Unit 38 (Ep 16 - Finale)

hh1.jpg

Screen%2BShot%2B2016-08-06%2Bat%2B5.18.1

Osen - Naver: 'Police Unit 38', twist within a twist, Ma Dong Seok and Seo In Guk's cider revenge 

1. [+2,856, -23] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋWhat's up with the last part ㅋㅋㅋㅋ So witty

2. [+2,147, -23] Park Woong Cheol was awesome ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+2,000, -27] Ma Dong Seok was cool too but I fell for Seo In Guk's acting! I love him ♡♡♡

4. [+1,758, -13] Jung Do is a swindler from start to finish ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ He tricked the team members too ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

5. [+1,409, -20] Woong Cheol hyung ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+1,189, -38] Major goosebumps at "100.79 billion has been fully paid"~~

7. [+495, -6]ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 'Bad Guys' cameo ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+432, -4] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋUpvote if you laughed at Park Woong Cheol in the end

9. [+386, -3] Daebak~~ I am Park Woong Cheol ~~~ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

10. [+385, -4] The caption in the end reads "We will work hard and come back no matter what". Can we look forward to a 2nd season?

src : http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/08/spoilers-age-of-youth-police-unit-38_7.html

Sooyoung Attends Final Episode Screening For Her Drama

sooy.jpg

Sooyoung 'prettier doll looks when you look closer' (38 Revenue Collection Unit)

Source: Newsen via Nate

1. [+732, -188] I'm watching '38 Revenue' and she's really ugly in it. Sorry for being so direct;;

2. [+312, -110] The comments in this article are funny. People are so quick to put down the looks of celebrities but if you said anything bad about their own looks, they'd freak out.

3. [+265, -83] You'd think Sooyoung committed a crime or something with the way people are commenting in here, telling her to die and all

4. [+89, -38] She's pretty but I never thought she was pretty enough to play a character that Seo In Guk fell in love with on first sight on '38 Revenue'... she's not that beautiful.

5. [+72, -41] SM's seriously the best when it comes to fixing your face without making it too obvious

6. [+55, -26] Sooyoung would never have the visuals worthy of a drama actor if not for her SNSD and SM backing ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+49, -10] She's no beauty that's for sure, she's the most ajumma looking one of the group...

8. [+36, -7] Aside from whether her face is pretty or ugly, her character in her drama has no point or charm. Basically a character that could disappear and wouldn't affect the drama at all.

9. [+35, -7] It's not that she's ugly, it's that her head is too big. I feel bad for her in scenes where she's next to Seo In Guk;;

10. [+32, -7] Objectively speaking...she looks so South East Asian. I've never once thought of her as pretty.
cr : http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.co.id/2016/08/sooyoung-attends-final-episode.html

Wth... some Knets sometimes being racist and so mean. Sooyoung is beautiful, maybe she doesn't meet Korean beauty standards, but she's pretty tho.   

Whew, I'm done with recaps for 38. It makes the goodbye feel final now... https://varietyrecaps.wordpress.com/

Sooyoung Attends Final Episode Screening For Her Drama

Wow, people can be so nasty. I admit that she looked a bit off in this drama but she's not ugly or "ajumma-ish" in any way! Her character could have been more fleshed out but it most definitely isn't useless. She's the anchor that keeps JungDo grounded, even when she's not around him, and she was basically the 7th, unofficial member of the team. She's their informant and outside help, just like DeokBae was. Humph! These people are so mean!

Guest phi3nk

CpQbgxvVMAA3eZk.jpg

CpQbhjdVUAA5vZX.jpg

CpQbiXTUEAAykyF.jpg

CpQbjGIVUAUkZ9q.jpg

Dress code for the villain actors at wrap up party last night. SHORT PANTS. Just curious if CCW wore it well... 

I haven't watched eps.16 with full translation. Part of me, don't want to say goodbye for this one, but contradictory, I'm so curious as hell. Ottokkkeeee..... 

This mv made by fans makes my heart bleed profusely. Jung Do my conman....

11 hours ago, seungshin said:

Looks like I'll have to watch Bad Guys :)

Yes, you do. You absolutely should. ;)

@pafaccio

When I said I wanted JD to join the Bad Guys, I didn't mean that the entire 38 Squad. I only meant JD... because he's in the slammer. The idea appeals to me enormously because I can see how JD could bring a different dynamic to the team. But of course it could just be some of us indulging in a bit of wishful thinking. ;) Unfortunately my fanfic days are gone but the possibilities would be endless.

Your point that the team's motivations are unbelievable is one worth discussing. Perhaps if the writer had been given more room to move, he would have had more opportunities to delve deeper. I myself don't really have too many issues with the team's motivations primarily because JD's charisma held them together in the beginning and then later on it was BSI's decency that pushed them to the next level. The overall feeling I got from the entire drama was that these people were fundamentally decent human beings who because of circumstances chose crime to make ends meet. All they needed was the right incentive to get them off their rear ends to grudgingly do the right thing. Also I think all of it was (or largely) about the thrill of the chase, being able to outsmart the powers that be and get away with it and giving authorities the middle finger. It doesn't have to be about the money in the same way people do crazy things like scale Himalayan mountains, BASE jumping and all manner of extreme sports.

Mi Joo's multi-level marketing scam is a case in point. It seemed to me that she did it primarily because she enjoyed it. And the joy of being able to spend someone else's money with reckless abandon must've been fun. It was also her chance of doing something different instead of picking up men in bars and scamming them.

All our featured bandits were largely loners and I expect that the opportunity to be involved in something big, something bigger than themselves had a certain kind of appeal. Why do people run off to volunteer to fight in wars? It doesn't seem to make sense on a certain level. It's not always about loyalty to country either.

People don't always do the right things for the right reasons. I don't think we should expect them to. Most do things in self-interest and I think we all understand that but the great thing about being in a community is that sometimes... or maybe often... our self-interests intersect.

Just my 2 cents. ;)

By the way.... I have to say that it's sad how netizens can be so mean when they place their comments about an artist!!!! 

How can they say that CSY is not beautiful???? Are they blind???? .....SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!! She is so beautiful than even many of the cast males confessed that they are CSY's fans. Even Oh Dae Hwan (MJS) was so nervous around her that he made many NG!!!! In my opinion, between her and Lee Seon Bin (Mi Joo/Gold), both are beautiful, but CSY facial features are more soft, tender, and cute. I like her more!

If they want to rant about CSY's character the target is not her, but writer-nim! He was the one who described what she has to say, do, and be in the drama. It's sad that everything ended up in this way for her. Maybe, in her place, I would be disappointed with the writer for not giving my character more screen doing things that were important.... Many minutes of the drama wasted in phone calls were even BSI got sick of it!

I really compliment her, she did the best that she could with her limited character!

I loooooooove the final two episodes so much. ❤️ I don't even have words to say because it is that good. The plot is fragmented with every con but they managed to connect and tie it all together for a cohesive story. I'm really really impressed and I'm happy that I stumbled upon this drama. I'm also glad that it ended that way because it gives us something to build on if ever there is a season two. :D

Guest blnmom
4 hours ago, pafaccio said:

By the way.... I have to say that it's sad how netizens can be so mean when they place their comments about an artist!!!! 

How can they say that CSY is not beautiful???? Are they blind???? .....SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!! She is so beautiful than even many of the cast males confessed that they are CSY's fans. Even Oh Dae Hwan (MJS) was so nervous around her that he made many NG!!!! In my opinion, between her and Lee Seon Bin (Mi Joo/Gold), both are beautiful, but CSY facial features are more soft, tender, and cute. I like her more!

If they want to rant about CSY's character the target is not her, but writer-nim! He was the one who described what she has to say, do, and be in the drama. It's sad that everything ended up in this way for her. Maybe, in her place, I would be disappointed with the writer for not giving my character more screen doing things that were important.... Many minutes of the drama wasted in phone calls were even BSI got sick of it!

I really compliment her, she did the best that she could with her limited character!

Sooyoung is GORGEOUS. What the heck is wrong with netizens. I haven't seen her in anything before and I don't follow girl groups so I didn't know her before this, but I've started watching Spring Days for her.

Just saw this, haha. About our gentleman Jungdo:

What Seo In Guk does when he sees women in short skirts

https://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/08/what-seo-in-guk-does-when-she-sees.html

Archived