[Taiwanese Drama 2016] Refresh Man 後菜鳥的燦爛時代

sugarplum892

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I don't know why but ep. 04 was underwhelming for me...:mellow: like it was very predictable LoL!?:P It felt like Aaron was rehashing his role on Fall In Love With Both Of Me and even the other guy from that Drama is here as well! And he's goin' to be in the same love triangle as he was in FILWBOM too<_< Wen Kai is really immature and petty for makin' Yu Tang do the same chores, errands as she asked of him a decade ago. I understand he's tryin' to build her confidence and all but it just seemed more like child play. And what's with the puzzle pieces? Wonder what kind of picture it'd make when pieced together hmmm~:huh:

Still unsure of Ai Sha's role in this... she does seem harmless...yet she has shown an inkling of interest toward Wen Kai(?) I guess given the clichéd and predictability, I wouldn't  have watched had it not been for Aaron anyway LoL, while Joanne seem to be a good foil to his character; still not feeling the chemistry. They feel more like buddies than lovers. That's just me though.  

While that is true, it's also just a plot device to give us a lot of flashbacks which I think is cute. So I'm okay with that. 

26 minutes ago, evok said:

last part is possibly a imagination...:lol: ....I think he is getting crazy bc of love! poor guy haha

lol - I bet it is! 

8 hours ago, sanaeozora said:

I can't wait to see it! 

Right?  My favorite part of rom/com dramas is the simmering tension, the barely restrained passion, so I'm really looking forward to what's coming. :w00t:

@doctor23b said:-

The part where aaron gave out the jigsaw piece and YT said '' chokomateh! '' in a subtle tone.. i couldn't help but burst out in laughter!! 

I also like how Wen Kai passed Yu Tang yet another puzzle piece and then she took while thanking him in Korean Kamsahamnida! So random but it goes to show that Hallyu Fever is big in Taiwan LoL.

25 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@doctor23b said:-

I also like how Wen Kai passed Yu Tang yet another puzzle piece and then she took while thanking him in Korean Kamsahamnida! So random but it goes to show that Hallyu Fever is big in Taiwan LoL.

Yeap, DOTS fever is everywhere hahahah

After refusing breakfast with the mighty CEO, YT said she has an appointment. That's why WK is stalking her to find out that she' s with somehow, a mysterious decent guy. Poor you !!! At the end of the day .... backing home and let his own imagination run wild like that. haha

1 hour ago, tammy_P said:

After refusing breakfast with the mighty CEO, YT said she has an appointment. That's why WK is stalking her to find out that she' s with somehow, a mysterious decent guy. Poor you !!! At the end of the day .... backing home and let his own imagination run wild like that. haha

he possibly know that guy too...he was like no way! ıs she still like him? pehh...but why I care, they deserve each other! B) than stepping up his game bc of that "less" care... of course ıt will just in imagination...lol

ıts already ep 5, I wonder when they will have that "accidental" first kiss?...one of them has to fall again!..lol t-dramas...

I've only watched episode 1 so far [and haven't read all the comments here so I won't hit spoilers before I catch up] but I have to get my thoughts out there. Bear with me please. :D 

In my opinion, this entire “revenge” plot isn’t revenge at all. He’s just doing all this to get the girl. I have the feeling that all these petty things that she did to him when they were in school are what made him fall in love with her [and yes, he is in love with her. I have no doubts about that] He may not have enjoyed the attention/torture at the beginning but at some point he probably found himself thinking about her and what she would do to him next and enjoying the extra attention she gave him. He even retaliates with petty things like knocking her book off her desk, which would spark her competitive drive and lead to her giving him even more attention. He’s creating that same sort of atmosphere now [as adults], through the petty acts, for her to fall in love with him as well.

I’m also certain that there is more to their story than we’ve seen so far. It’s possible that they were secretly dating in school or at least so close that they might as well have been dating. There’s no other reason her line to the teacher “I wouldn’t be friends with someone who acts like that” would hit him so hard. Yes, he had a crush on her then but based on their [admittedly short] interactions in this episode, he had to have known her well enought to know that she was just trying to keep him from being scolded more. The entire conversation with the teacher is important though. It was a wake up call to him that if he didn’t work harder, she would leave [college. She would be going to any college she wanted because her grades were so good] and then he would never have a chance with her; unless he brought himself up to her level. So that’s what he did. [He probably kept tabs on her too, and accepted the CEO job at this company because he knew that she would be there]

As for the line about kings and pawns, if there’s one thing I know about chess it’s that pawns appear to be weak but are usually the most underestimated pieces on the board. In the same way, Wen Kai appeared to be weak in school but his ability was underestimated [he slept through class but his grades were still average? He’s not trying as hard as he can] . Yu Tang is now the “pawn”. She appears weak on the surface but he knows that underneath, she’s one of the more valuable assets for the company and that her abilities are far superior to her current work. Thus he puts her in the worst team, forcing her to step up and work at the ability he knows she has.  

On 3/30/2016 at 0:26 AM, evok said:

New Trailer ep 5

last part is possibly a imagination...:lol: ....I think he is getting crazy bc of love! poor guy haha

I agree!! it is his imagination!!!!! impossible for YuTang to hug him kkkkkk

Aaron Yan saved Joanne Tseng from drowning in the water, Aaron curled into a ball because of the coldness

This week’s episode of ‘Refresh Man’ will be about Zhong Yu Tang (Joanne’s character) pulling an all nighter to finish writing a proposal, then heading to her boss Ji Wen Kai’s (Aaron’s character) house to clean out his swimming pool the following morning. Unexpectedly she slipped into the pool as she was cleaning because she was so tired, when Ji Wen Kai saw this he immediately jumped into the water to save the drowning Zhong Yu Tang…

The production team filmed this scene in an outdoor swimming pool near the White Haven area in New Taipei City, Joanne laughed and said, “It wasn’t actually that cold when we filmed, but because we filmed the scene in the outdoors so the water temperature dropped; in the drama I accidentally slipped into the pool and I don’t know how to swim, so to film this scene I jumped into the water first; the staff immediately came and wrapped a towel around me when the director yelled ‘cut’ to the scene, Aaron even poured warm water on me because he was worried that I will catch a cold, I felt like I was some kind of endangered species during that moment because everyone were so protective of me.”

Aaron asked Joanne how cold she was, she said “Not too cold, it wasn’t ice water so I could still handle the temperature.” Aaron didn’t expect himself to shiver as soon as his body came in contact with the water, “It felt like there were ice cubes in the water; this scene took us 3 to 4 hours to finish and I stayed in the water for about 1 hour, my nose became runny like a tap, my body curled up like a ball because I was so cold.”

Joanne laughed and said, “Aaron had to save me from drowning in the drama hence we had to hold on to each other, but he looked pretty pitiful, maybe because he goes to the gym too often so there isn’t any excess fat in his body to keep him warm, his lips started to turn white from the coldness and couldn’t speak much afterwards; as for myself, I don’t have anything but body fat.”

Aaron often goes for a swim when he’s free, in addition to butterfly strokes he also knows other swimming strokes; in the drama Joanne doesn’t know how to swim but she’s actually a ‘mermaid’ outside the drama, she said “Because I know how to swim so it’s hard to act out a scene of me struggling and drowning in the water, hence I felt a bit contradictive of myself when I filmed the scene, but luckily the scene was completed smoothly in the end.”

Source: WOW News 20160401

haha this is cute...:w00t: now ı really wonder about that scene! poor babies...they will possibly put that moments at BTS videos....ıt would be better ıf some people translate that BTS talks..they all look like having so much fun.

bDEjZb.jpg

13 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

OH poor Wen Kai, with the new competition in his bid to win Yu Tang, his imagination is certainly running wild. 

On a second note these two have superb chemistry, I want a steamy kiss in the future, please!

MOD EDIT: Please do not quote images, gifs, and videos

source: http://dearaaronyan.tumblr.com/

yeah they have a amazing chemistry...I also like how they are close in real life too...

don't worry, ıf there is Aaron Yan you can be sure we will see a lot of steamy kiss at future episodes...lol

and ıs he caress her face at last scene cut pic?...:tears: oww..

I’m finally caught up! [Episode 4]

*********Contains Spoilers for Clarity so please skip if you're not caught up*********

Wen Kai is playing not one but two games of chess here: One with the company, and one with Yu Tang. Also, the east wind comment [ep 2?] was foreshadowing. He placed the “east wind” for Yu Tang on the board [by adding Romeo to Sales Team 3] but his own “east wind” is coming; the second male lead. It’s going to shake Wen Kai up and force him to start re-evaluating his game plan for getting Yu Tang.

The flashback scenes are some of my favorite parts in this drama. I’m even more convinced that his “acts of revenge” aren’t revenge at all, but his way of reminding Yu Tang how things were between them in the past. I was right in my thoughts after episode 1 though, they were pretty much dating. I counted 62 [58 mentioned, 3 seen] shaved ice “dates” in the first 4 episodes. Also, the way Yu Tang reacted after she sent him away [1 million TWD shaved ice] says it all; she likes, and possibly loves, him too. Her saying that she’s an idiot has dual meaning. She doesn’t just mean that she’s an idiot for spending the money on soap, she already knows that it was a stupid thing to do. When she says it after Wen Kai leaves, she means that she’s an idiot for telling him to leave when she really needed him to stay with her for moral support.

I absolutely love the baffled look on Elsa’s face when Wen Kai and Yu Tang are bickering. The “who is this guy?!” face is priceless! Even if Elsa has a crush on Wen Kai, she doesn’t stand a chance. The only person we’ve seen who is able to bring out the childish side of Wen Kai is Yu Tang and vice versa. That’s part of both of their personalities as much as the savvy businessman/hardworking woman is and this is why Wen Kai and Yu Tang will probably end up together; they bring out and accept all sides of each other. [Plus he's wife training her. ;)]

I know I’m not the only one dying to see what’s on the puzzle but I bet she doesn’t put it together until close to the end.

35 minutes ago, phikyl said:

I’m finally caught up!

*********Contains Spoilers for Clarity so please skip if you're not caught up*********

Wen Kai is playing not one but two games of chess here: One with the company, and one with Yu Tang. Also, the east wind comment [ep 2?] was foreshadowing. He placed the “east wind” for Yu Tang on the board [by adding Romeo to Sales Team 3] but his own “east wind” is coming; the second male lead. It’s going to shake Wen Kai up and force him to start re-evaluating his game plan for getting Yu Tang.

The flashback scenes are some of my favorite parts in this drama. I’m even more convinced that his “acts of revenge” aren’t revenge at all, but his way of reminding Yu Tang how things were between them in the past. I was right in my thoughts after episode 1 though, they were pretty much dating. I counted 62 [58 mentioned, 3 seen] shaved ice “dates” in the first 4 episodes. Also, the way Yu Tang reacted after she sent him away [1 million yen shaved ice] says it all; she likes, and possibly loves, him too. Her saying that she’s an idiot has dual meaning. She doesn’t just mean that she’s an idiot for spending the money on soap, she already knows that it was a stupid thing to do. When she says it after Wen Kai leaves, she means that she’s an idiot for telling him to leave when she really needed him to stay with her for moral support.

I absolutely love the baffled look on Elsa’s face when Wen Kai and Yu Tang are bickering. The “who is this guy?!” face is priceless! Even if Elsa has a crush on Wen Kai, she doesn’t stand a chance. The only person we’ve seen who is able to bring out the childish side of Wen Kai is Yu Tang and vice versa. That’s part of both of their personalities as much as the savvy businessman/hardworking woman is and this is why Wen Kai and Yu Tang will probably end up together; they bring out and accept all sides of each other.

I know I’m not the only one dying to see what’s on the puzzle but I bet she doesn’t put it together until close to the end.

yeah I also think his acts are not real revenge. bc we can see he was actually happy in that term (secret smiles)...I don't think they dated in the past...they were just close friends and he was happy bc ıf she bully him, ıt also means she care about him, for him it was some kind of flirting...he just liked that...like how ıt repeating now and how he is doing same thing to her...and probably the girl he confessed or gonna confess in that term was again YT bc he thought she is actually bullying me bc ıts her language to show love!...but I guess we will see at next flashbacks he confessed her and she refused him somehow and that hurt him!...maybe with creating same past scenes he is trying to remind her how she hurt him 10 years ago!...

we don't know the other guy but when YT was searching her phone and see his name, her face changed..I think they also had a past with that guy ..not only her but WK too..I guess she was actually in platonic love with him at high school years and WT hated that and now he is again getting in between them 10 years later after WK started to feel he is getting closer with YT again...

that puzzle also so interesting..yeah ı think she won't care about it and won't try to bring them together until it completed and I feel ıt will happen at finale...couple will be together/break-up without any real confession..same cliches and at one moment she will see that puzzle pieces, put them together and see in that pic/note WK really loves her or WK always loved her..and she will run to him...happy ending...maybe...at least I would write like that :D

4 minutes ago, evok said:

but I guess we will see at next flashbacks he confessed her and she refused him somehow and that hurt him!...maybe with creating same past scenes he is trying to remind her how she hurt him 10 years ago!...

I'm on the opposite side there. I don't think he confessed to her in school. I agree that he was probably planning to confess to her but that circumstances [another guy, the altercation with the teacher and her saying she wouldn't be with someone like that, etc] caused him to not ever do it. I think his re-creation of the past is to try to get her to understand that he did love her back then and just didn't voice it for whatever reason. Like you said, Yu Tang's language of love is the bullying and I believe that Wen Kai's is acts of service [carrying her bags, helping her get out of "Refresh Man" territory, paying her family's debt] 

I'm with you; dying to know more about that puzzle. I wonder if it's a proposal, because that would be pretty cute/unique. Maybe it's a picture of the two of them or something? I guess we'll have to just keep an eye on the colors of the pieces she gets and try to puzzle [haha!] it out like that. 

He wasn't kidding in the first episode when he said he wanted her to become the one person he can't live without. :D

17 minutes ago, phikyl said:

I'm on the opposite side there. I don't think he confessed to her in school. I agree that he was probably planning to confess to her but that circumstances [another guy, the altercation with the teacher and her saying she wouldn't be with someone like that, etc] caused him to not ever do it. I think his re-creation of the past is to try to get her to understand that he did love her back then and just didn't voice it for whatever reason. Like you said, Yu Tang's language of love is the bullying and I believe that Wen Kai's is acts of service [carrying her bags, helping her get out of "Refresh Man" territory, paying her family's debt] 

I'm with you; dying to know more about that puzzle. I wonder if it's a proposal, because that would be pretty cute/unique. Maybe it's a picture of the two of them or something? I guess we'll have to just keep an eye on the colors of the pieces she gets and try to puzzle [haha!] it out like that. 

He wasn't kidding in the first episode when he said he wanted her to become the one person he can't live without. :D

we will see ıf you or me is right about it at future episodes :D maybe we are both wrong..we will see a different past...

I allso shared official OST song and actually the lyrics of the song is explain us his feelings so well...I really believe he got hurt by her in the past...of course she didnt mean it but smth happened between them and their friendship, relation cut after that...she forgot it or act like she forgot but he never overcome it..

lyrics hurt me..but ıts like written about what WK feel about past...

9 minutes ago, evok said:

we will see ıf you or me is right about it at future episodes :D maybe we are both wrong..we will see a different past...

I don't mind being wrong, I'm just happy being able to discuss my theories with someone! The Taiwanese drama threads are always so much quieter than the Korean ones [Excluding ones like Bromance]

10 minutes ago, evok said:

I allso shared official OST song and actually the lyrics of the song is explain us his feelings so well...I really believe he got hurt by her in the past...of course she didnt mean it but smth happened between them and their friendship, relation cut after that...she forgot it or act like she forgot but he never overcome it..

See, I think this could also be applied to my theory as well though. He was hurt by her saying she'd never be with someone like that and my guess is she chose to date a guy who was on the path to becoming a CEO or something; which hurt him even more. In my opinion, Wen Kai wouldn't be helping her with her job the way he is if he had confessed to her before and been rejected. If that was the case, I think the scenario would be more along the lines of the drama "When I See You Again" and we'd see less scenes of him helping her, confessing to others that he wants her to chase him, etc; especially this early in the game.

I'm prepared for the upcoming pain though. With 20 episodes, they have to insert the typical cliches in order to drag the story out. I just hope they go down the path of "Just You" rather than "Fall in Love with Both of Me" 

Spoiler

I still can't believe he ended up marrying the other girl in Fall in Love with Both of Me! Even if it was only for 2 episodes. :angry:

Archived