[Taiwanese Drama 2016] Refresh Man 後菜鳥的燦爛時代

sugarplum892

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just watch partially ep 4 today!!! the second lead appear... should be Wen Kai's rival....kkkkkk 

I really can't wait the next episode whereby Wen Kai show his care towards to Yu Tang... I can tell, he really likes her alot... the way he peep her, smile, and the bed scene... he approaching to near her .... Aisah interrupted... ish~~~

I hope Aisah is not the bad person! 

I was just thinking, you know the part whereby YT went to the streets to do questionnaire with JY and the casanova sales king?

They showed a scene whereby YT approached a rather affluent looking lady and kept on pestering her and gave her the mei mei product in the end. The women agreed to take it since she saw YT so persistent and hardworking on promoting her product despite being show negativity. 

Why do I have a feeling that this rich looking lady will help YT in the end? 

1 hour ago, doctor23b said:

I was just thinking, you know the part whereby YT went to the streets to do questionnaire with JY and the casanova sales king?

They showed a scene whereby YT approached a rather affluent looking lady and kept on pestering her and gave her the mei mei product in the end. The women agreed to take it since she saw YT so persistent and hardworking on promoting her product despite being show negativity. 

Why do I have a feeling that this rich looking lady will help YT in the end? 

ıt obvious she will be a important side character but I feel that woman is someone related with WK! maybe his mother! and that love rival look like another bright student from same high school which would be YT's first love interest...WK won't gonna like this...:rolleyes: 

but ıf we look at flashbacks, she was actually more gentle in her bully moments...protecting him from teacher, offering her ice-cream even ıf she is using him to carry the bags...he is not doing the same bc couldn't get them but ıts shows actually she had a soft side for him and ıt would be her inner feelings that she couldn't see about him...and I feel we will see more flashbacks and there will be a important moment that hurt WK and he had a grudge over her just bc of that incident..and she is not aware of it or can't remember...

1 hour ago, evok said:

ıt obvious she will be a important side character but I feel that woman is someone related with WK! maybe his mother! and that love rival look like another bright student from same high school which would be YT's first love interest...WK won't gonna like this...:rolleyes: 

but ıf we look at flashbacks, she was actually more gentle in her bully moments...protecting him from teacher, offering her ice-cream even ıf she is using him to carry the bags...he is not doing the same bc couldn't get them but ıts shows actually she had a soft side for him and ıt would be her inner feelings that she couldn't see about him...and I feel we will see more flashbacks and there will be a important moment that hurt WK and he had a grudge over her just bc of that incident..and she is not aware of it or can't remember...

Very well said indeed!!

The fact she ate one side of the ice cream only says it all hahaha

Okay, I have to admit Aaron Yan wasn't my cup of tea. I always thought he was too girly. 

But damn!!! After watching this show on a whim, I am a fan now! It's surprising just how in few years, he has matured and look more mannerly.

Wen Ki and Yu Tang are soooo cute together!

8 hours ago, doctor23b said:

Very well said indeed!!

The fact she ate one side of the ice cream only says it all hahaha

Yeah they are actually little hints for viewers! Its for saying she was bad to hım but she actually cared about him too! and I believe this moments are not real reason why he is acting like that. In one moment without knowing she really had to hurt him so bad and that turned him into a someone who cant forget his first love and someone who cant get rid of his revenge feelings. Even it goes out as he started to work on and tried to be more clever for able to be a big business man who can stand infont of her as a superior, it never shock me. Like he did everything for able to say ..Its my turn! and that egg matter would be smth related happened in past. I like how there is some hidden past secrets they hide for next episodes...That puzzle would also be about the thing he hurt in the past and maybe he want her to remember it. Maybe. 

After watching with subs, random thoughts keep popping up on my mind.

- Now I was quite sure there was something deep in WK's mind. When he had chances, he always mimicked the situations happening between him and YT in the past. It's not all about grudges and revenges, was it ? Did YT forget things she shouldn't have forgotten ? I wonder.

- He dragged her out and  treated her a bowl of winner shoved ices. Then gave her sharp comments. Yet, he looked pain seeing her in tears admitting  defeated. One day after, he pressured her with loads of work again and was gleeful to find that she finally won Jia Yin's heart. Actually, I noticed that he was in a hurry regarding YT's case. I mean she has no know ledges about sales. It's normal to give newbie a easy  task but he put her in the most troublesome department. Also, he pushes her very hard in this short  time trying to bring the best out of her. What is he rushing for ? What is he hoping for ?  It was like he trained YT to be CEO. something like that.

Actually YT is really innocent. Where would a guy offer to take up the bet and would have to treat you to desert when he already know his studies are going to lose to her in the end? Yet he still treated her 50+ times of ice desert.. 

@tammy_P: I think that's just it. He's making her re-live their moments but in reverse for one or the other: he either wants her to remember how she felt when she was 'the king' or, perhaps, he's hoping to achieve what she did with him, which is fuel her will to fight back and get better so that he can't order her around anymore. 

Also, I noticed that he's making her read his books on business management and sales strategy and I don't think that's coincidential: he wants her to learn things her way, which is by reading and memorising them the way she did in school. I feel than rather than teaching her by practice, this method will work better on her. 

I got the same feeling you did regarding the fact that he does seem to be in a hurry to make her come out of her catatonic state and start improving herself once again. I'm not sure if he's just eager to see her get back to being the best, or maybe he does have a time limit. We don't know if his contract with the company has a deadline, perhaps he's only been hired to recover the company finances and then needs to return to where he and Elsa came from....which would explain his rushing, not to mention add further drama as if this is the case, and it happens after YT falls in love with him, there will be a lot of angst for everyone.

Last but not least, I do feel sorry for Elsa though. I think she's actually a nice person but of course, we don't know how she's going to react once YT starts returning WK's feelings. As for now, she seems to think she's safe because as far as she knows YT has no romantic feelings for WK, even if I suspect she has started to see that WK doesn't exactly hate YT, which probably explains the reason she's now making her move by ensuring his company for dinner for her birthday. Related to this, I can't wait to see YT's reaction when she'll find out about this 'date'. 

And the male second lead...he's going to be trouble and I'm torn because as much as I like seeing Aaron portraying angst (he's just soooo good at it!) it really breaks my heart when he's got moments such as the one in their school when she told their teacher she could not possibly be friends with the likes of WK. But yet again, isn't that the reason we watch dramas??

Anyway, sorry for the small wall of text, I just have a lot to say about this drama and nobody to talk about it with...:tears:

Seeing his face during their close moments (after falling on the bed, in the preview when he wakes up, etc.), I can't help but feel like it's getting more and more difficult for him to hold himself back. So I wonder if that is part of his hurry, too. 

there is a Facebook fanacc for this drama...ıt has so much followers...some BTS pics from there

https://www.facebook.com/SETRefreshman/

they made this dance in front of press but I wonder is it related with a drama moment! bc ıt looks like they learned argentina tango for a reason! guess WK and YT will make this dance at one of the upcoming episode!...by the way they look amazing!

479807-XXL.jpg

479803-XXL.jpg

479809-XXL.jpg

479812-XXL.jpg

I don't know why but ep. 04 was underwhelming for me...:mellow: like it was very predictable LoL!?:P It felt like Aaron was rehashing his role on Fall In Love With Both Of Me and even the other guy from that Drama is here as well! And he's goin' to be in the same love triangle as he was in FILWBOM too<_< Wen Kai is really immature and petty for makin' Yu Tang do the same chores, errands as she asked of him a decade ago. I understand he's tryin' to build her confidence and all but it just seemed more like child play. And what's with the puzzle pieces? Wonder what kind of picture it'd make when pieced together hmmm~:huh:

Still unsure of Ai Sha's role in this... she does seem harmless...yet she has shown an inkling of interest toward Wen Kai(?) I guess given the clichéd and predictability, I wouldn't  have watched had it not been for Aaron anyway LoL, while Joanne seem to be a good foil to his character; still not feeling the chemistry. They feel more like buddies than lovers. That's just me though.  

Okay, so we got yet another weekly dose of "Mr. I can push and pull better than anyone"! I am really glad with the way the writers dealt with Yu Tang spending her own money to save the Sales Team 3 from getting the ax. She donated that soap to charity, so it ended up looking great for the company. But, because of her family situation, she realized how stupid she had been because of her pride. She was also able to pull some of her team aboard and start working again. This is good development of the story line.

Everyone keeps asking about Ai Sha, and what her role or angle is in this. I think it is pretty simple. Ai Sha is really the only person that knows the "new Wen Kai". It seems no one he grew up with knew of his success, Clearly, we know who he was in high school. But, how did he end up becoming a business savvy CEO? She provides those answers. Consequently, that is the only Wen Kai that she knows. This serious, mature, business-oriented guy.

Which leads me to my favorite moment of episode 4. 

Screenshot%2B2016-03-28%2Bat%2B10.38.42%

When Wen Kai and Yu Tang were going back and forth bickering over the flower sheets, and she fell on top of him, then Ai Sha walked in on them. I fully expected both of them, but especially Wen Kai to be all business. Yu Tang immediately explained what happened, and all Wen Kai did was grab the puzzle pieces and torture her with them. He openly brooded and pouted as they went back and forth over his phone. He was childish and cute and fun, and Ai Sha looked like she didn't even know who he was at that moment.

I love that Yu Tang brings out that fun, childish side of him that has probably been dormant since they were schoolmates. Is he petty, yes, but he hasn't been able to be petty in 10 years, so it is all coming out now. As someone who works in corporate, it is easy to slip into the habit of being a work-a-holic, no fun having business type all of the time. While it is rewarding, it can become boring and monotonous too. He showed back up in front of Yu Tang accomplished, motivated and successful. Just like she had always tried to get him to be before. Now it is his turn to motivate her.

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I don't know why but ep. 04 was underwhelming for me...:mellow: like it was very predictable LoL!?:P It felt like Aaron was rehashing his role on Fall In Love With Both Of Me and even the other guy from that Drama is here as well! And he's goin' to be in the same love triangle as he was in FILWBOM too<_< Wen Kai is really immature and petty for makin' Yu Tang do the same chores, errands as she asked of him a decade ago. I understand he's tryin' to build her confidence and all but it just seemed more like child play. And what's with the puzzle pieces? Wonder what kind of picture it'd make when pieced together hmmm~:huh:

Still unsure of Ai Sha's role in this... she does seem harmless...yet she has shown an inkling of interest toward Wen Kai(?) I guess given the clichéd and predictability, I wouldn't  have watched had it not been for Aaron anyway LoL, while Joanne seem to be a good foil to his character; still not feeling the chemistry. They feel more like buddies than lovers. That's just me though.  

90% of Taiwanese dramas are so cliche ..they are keep repeating themselves...Fall in Love Both of Me also turns to same cliche at one point..love, confessions, misunderstandings, break-up and make -ups again...I think no one expecting smth extraordinary from this drama too but so many people skipping business part of it and focusing love story again....actually the serious business storyline is so smth fresh for t-dramas...Refresh Man is full of conversations and moments which are very interesting and well written...and love story is really good blended in it! ıt makes their story more attractive. and I like they are not rushing about waking up lazy team 3...every one of them will have hardship and she will rescue them like how she rescue herself and WK... ıts like watching development of every character and how main lead preparing his lover to the real business world. very fresh actually. and there is so much secrets in this drama..everything has reason but we still don't know his real plan about her and team 3. :vicx: is he really have grudge for her or ıs he using old memories to make her hate him? so she can have a will to work much to beat him??..we know ıts her main motivation in life.. being better than him. or ıs he just want to help her bc he want her to be more successful in business life and or ıs he have some hurtful past and all this included to his revenge?...I liked this mystery. sure we will solve every mystery soon bc ıts t-drama!

I like main leads chemistry...I like how she is not a soft character and she has some cocky side which makes her very interesting love interest..I remember "just you" ıt was also business love story but without any business based line and puppy type boring girl lead character..she was so ready to fall for him ...maybe you can't feel the chemistry bc YT is not kind of girl who can easily fall into someone who would be so hard to her..she is also typical business woman. ıts more realistic..and right now all we see is WK's tendency over her...he is so much in her and she can't see it bc he is still the same unattractive boy for her...I liked this idea. I hope they won't ruin it with early confession and unrealistic dramatic storyline of two lovers...they always do that after ep 10-12..

3 hours ago, evok said:

90% of Taiwanese dramas are so cliche ..they are keep repeating themselves...Fall in Love Both of Me also turns to same cliche at one point..love, confessions, misunderstandings, break-up and make -ups again...I think no one expecting smth extraordinary from this drama too but so many people skipping business part of it and focusing love story again....actually the serious business storyline is so smth fresh for t-dramas...Refresh Man is full of conversations and moments which are very interesting and well written...and love story is really good blended in it! ıt makes their story more attractive. and I like they are not rushing about waking up lazy team 3...every one of them will have hardship and she will rescue them like how she rescue herself and WK... ıts like watching development of every character and how main lead preparing his lover to the real business world. very fresh actually. and there is so much secrets in this drama..everything has reason but we still don't know his real plan about her and team 3. :vicx: is he really have grudge for her or ıs he using old memories to make her hate him? so she can have a will to work much to beat him??..we know ıts her main motivation in life.. being better than him. or ıs he just want to help her bc he want her to be more successful in business life and or ıs he have some hurtful past and all this included to his revenge?...I liked this mystery. sure we will solve every mystery soon bc ıts t-drama!

Agreed !! 

- Sometimes, cliche scenes are killing me. I was like AGAIN ????? Why wouldn't they create another  dimension of particular scene to tell viewer a story? (haha). Anyway, I admitted that their business focused point of view is refreshing. I'm interested in every dept.3 character and things revolving around Mei Mei. I hope that scriptwriter will stick on those topics rather than leave them and pay most attention to romantic storyline. 

- And this .... my own personal thought about WK's aim toward YT,it seems he prepare YT for some reasons. Why ? All these things are not just revenges. We mostly agreed upon this. He have a feeling for her ? Yes, I supposed. He prepared her cause he want her to be by his side ? Hummm not sure If it's true, how can he be sure about her feeling toward him ? She's now spinning around and most of the times is trying to stand firmly on her feet. Not yet seen the sign of any feeling rather than highschool-friendnermy.

Spoiler

In t-ser, he once said to YT that he wants her to be the one he need the most in all matters. I guessed that all these things he did on YT was the results of his affection on her. As a CEO, his life revolving around many people heloping him organize matters in both personal and work. My feeling is he want YT to do all these not anyone else. Therefore, he pushed and pressured her so hard making her to be the best.

16 hours ago, ladysaotome said:

Seeing his face during their close moments (after falling on the bed, in the preview when he wakes up, etc.), I can't help but feel like it's getting more and more difficult for him to hold himself back. So I wonder if that is part of his hurry, too. 

That's actually an angle I had not considered and, probably the one that makes more sense. After all, it does seem he needs to keep his distance for his masterplan to work and, if he's throwing himself at her, that distance will be null. So yeah, it makes a lot of sense that he's in a rush because he's been keeping his feelings all bottled up for maaany years now and I feel he may be reaching his limits. Which begs the question: how is he going to handle having his rival now in the picture? I don't think Wen Kai will be able to sit still if he sees another man trying to woo Yu Tang right in front of him....I can't wait to see it! 

Archived