[Taiwanese Drama 2016] Refresh Man 後菜鳥的燦爛時代

sugarplum892

Hi,my co fans of AAron Yan. I'm  so happy that Aaron Yan is back with this new drama which I've been wishing for since his FALL IN LOVE WITH ME drama. I'm still in EP2 but I hope I'll finish all the 4 episodes today so that I can join the discussions.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In EP2, all the staffs in Team3 are not working. You Tang must use her experience during her "Secretary" days wherein she can command on what to do in order to comply with the CEO's instruction. She is accepting the Job that is not supposed to be hers.

Yu Tang is really an idiot as she calls herself. She doesn't want her co worker with son to be fired but she is doing her method to ruin herself and her family. Wen Kai is such an intelligent man in his field, however, I think he just want her to experience the pain that he suffered during their schooldays. 

ok I'm starting my first review...ıt will be hard without eng sub but there were a clear scenes that doesnt need translation at all...first of all, their chemistry is so cuteeeee.....I don't want their love reach climax so early but also want them to confess hug kiss...whatever it is make us happy coming after it...I'm at middle...

anyway, first of all ıt looks like that rival guy is not from their past...YT met him at early office party, maybe from years ago.. he looks like a good guy but also giving boring vibe like Aisha..maybe they can be couple at further episodes...:) I feel bad for Aisha, I hope they also give her a love story with someone she has a good chemistry...

at beginning you know YT is falling to pool and he rescue her..I liked how he cares about her without thinking his own health...ıt was so cute...and I also liked how director didnt use t-drama cliche as "get flu and be sick at next hour"..ıts so ridiculous...he got cold at morning but his fever raised at night...like ıt has to be! her moments of caring about him was also so cute!...but again cliche started as covering a sick man with blanket while has high fever and need to get lost from things that would raise his fever and of course healing at one night!...lol anyway we used to this interesting methods.... :phew:

I liked how WK get jealous that rival guy...he was so angry and still trying to draw her attention...that lottery game and that candy moment was amazing... I liked how he ate her favourite candy with anger... I wanted to give hug to him..."Don't worry dear, she will be yours at the end, don't worry!" hahaha...he started to raise his game with raising his own heart beats hahaha

at final moment she again get herself into trouble...I didnt understand how she found that idiot guy and why is he important so she let him act like a jerk to herself?..I guess again ıts bc WK forced him to finish a case...

there was a 2 preview; both of them are actually same with a little extra scene...ıts about how he sacrifice himself for protecting her from that bad guys! go man!..ıt looks like she also aware of it and liked it...

I didnt like repeated holding hands moments... ıts happen 2 times at ep and 2 times at preview..ıts too much and unnecessary at my point of view....but both previews are about a same short moment..I mean continuity of that night but notting about rest...we know next episode won't gonna be about just that night..2 option:

-they still couldn't film the rest..you know there will also be tango moment and maybe just focused to that night..

- at some dramas ıf they just giving a short time break preview, ıt means they are hiding a surprise for next episode and possibly will reveal it before the next episode with 3th preview and I guess ıt would be first kiss...of course accidental kiss...but at least I would be so happy bc generally accidental kisses happens at first episodes while main leads doesnt have any emotions towards each other..so they seems so stupid. but ıf ıts happens between this two,.we also knows they will be happy after that... :rolleyes:

anyway guys, this are the moments I just can remember...after eng sub we can talk better...waiting your reviews too...

wow, and BTs of ep 5

I liked how Aaron pouring a hot water on her to able to make her warm...

Recap of episode 5 ( part 1)

Started with YT going to Youngers company to look for Zhang Zu Mi (a male secretary from Youngers who had tried to pursue her but being rejected by her). The Receptionists were not keen to help her when they realised she is the salesperson for Mei Mei Soap instead of other domestic products of her company. And her knight  (2nd male lead appeared) appeared to help her, by affirming what she said are true using his reputation as a stake. The sudden change of the Receptionists' attitude and they tried to help her fix the appointment to the next week. Ended up with the 2nd male lead asking her out for coffee and YT offered to buy him coffee instead and they ended up in the garden or roadside having random talks. And how YT has left a deep impression on him at one of the Secretaries gatherings.

next scene

Aisha went to the same eateries as YT and they started talking about WK. Aisha told YT that maybe YT and WK has a misunderstanding that was not clear up and WK is actually still a very kind man. And then YT was back to the office working on the proposal for Youngers till very late and WK sent a sms to ask her to go over his place at 6am to clean the Swimming pool. YT was restless due to let of sleep and ended up falling into the pool. WK dived in to save her, then take care of her and neglected himself by blowing her hairs, when she suddenly fallen asleep, he carried her to his bed, covered her with blanket and went onto make ginger tea for her. And put into a flask and bought to the room and leaving her a note and also left his phone forgotten to bring with him into the office.

YT woke up from her sleep and found his notes and phone, drunk the tea and after that returned to the office and brought his phone to his office. There she was told off by WK, asking her why she report to work so late and is it because his bed is too comfy to sleep. And gave her a lecture of bringing his phone to him.

Recap episode 5 (part 2)

The other Secretaries at the Secretaries office were out to ricidule YT while she came out of WK's offic after getting a tongue slashing from him, Aisha came to her rescue and told them off. Then it showed the evening scene at WK's house where YT served him fried rice dinner and due to his cold, he has lost his taste and found it tasteless. Instead, YT made him soup noodles and he found it tasteless and YT added more salt to it. And then Wang Zi Yu sent a sms to invite YT for breakfast and wanting to share with her some good news from Youngers. WK was a bit jealous when he heard YT mentioned ZY's name and did not eat the noodle and retired into the bedroom.

When YT was about to leave and shouted to inform WK, he did not respond. She went to the bedroom to check on him and sound that he was running a high fever. Instead of leaving like he told her, she went to get the water cushion for his nec, towel to help sponge him and dried him from all his perspiration. While she was trying to help sponge and clean his chest, he woke up and awkward telling YT that he can do that himself and hard way drying himself he fell asleep. YT tried to check on his temperature with her hand that when he turn over and his face lean on YT's hand and his fingers holding onto his fingers. YT could not remove her handed end up sleep overnight with her under under half of his face. The next day, WK woke up with a sleeping YT beside him and he was observing her face in details when YT woke up. They stared at each other before YT jumped up and complained that her hand was lumped. WK still commended her to grab him a shirt. YT prepared breakfast for WK ended up for to remake for him. Then she told WK she had to left as she had a breakfast date.

WK followed her secretly and found out that YT was meeting ZY of Youngers for breakfast that he was upset and jealous at how YT smiles and grumbling to himself, why she wanted Youngers information, she did not go straight to him. WK was in a bad mood while he was in a meeting with the different sales team head. While YT was having all kind of eggs  breakfast with ZY and he informed her that he had path the way for YT to meet director Luo. And there, WK went to meet director Luo and trying to path the path for YT, he went back to office excitedly thinking of sharing the new information with her but she was not in her department.

@jovialkitty Thanks for your recap. It's lovely how he took care of her. Oh poor WK .... I know you have your own way to help YT. But ... after all these you did to her. Did you really expect her to ask you for help ? for god sake lol. I mean the way she struggled and the way she tried her best to find solution on her own. Wasn't that your expectation ?  If only you stop picking on her, this will be easier. It depends on you ... man.

BTW, on the ep.6 preview, they put YT in trouble again. I just hope that they will not make YT repeatedly do something reckless. 

In the 2nd teaser for Ep 6 (with additional scene), YT narrates that she's sorry for treating him harshly in the past but she did that because she wanted him to push himself to be better because she thought he could be. She didn't hate him. By her logic, it was something along the lines of 'tough love.' You could say that she did like him (maybe as a friend), but she pushed/bullied him so that he would motivate himself to be better. What she didn't realize is maybe WK is just as smart but didn't show it because he liked YT and maybe let her be #1 in school.

I don't think WK confessed to YT. It may be him actually trying to confess to YT, but never did. Somehow, YT got a hold of the recording and was threatening to play it so everyone in the neighborhood can hear it. IMO, WK definitely still likes YT (probably has all these years).

WZY is complicating matter for him. Although it seems YT is a bi taken by ZY, I feel she also does like WK. They keep having misunderstanding/miscommunication left and right. If only they could just sit down and clear the air! YT's tough love in the pass obviously backfired a bit on WK, so WK's present revenge against YT is backfiring on him too. He, somehow, believes that YT needs to get rid of her pride a bit (as he thinks she's placed herself on a high pedestal) and to also motivate herself to be better. However, things are not working out the way he planned as his rival appeared.

18 hours ago, whome said:

IMO, WK definitely still likes YT (probably has all these years).

hahaha. There's no doubt about that. lol. It's extremely obvious. 

I also agree with you that YT had no idea about WK's feelings in high school especially as she thought he was interested in her friend. 

19 hours ago, whome said:

IMO, WK definitely still likes YT (probably has all these years).

59 minutes ago, clockwatcher said:

hahaha. There's no doubt about that. lol. It's extremely obvious

I also agree with you that YT had no idea about WK's feelings in high school especially as she thought he was interested in her friend. 

I third the motion! Why else would these lines be thrown in there? ;)

3%20collage_zpsloh20lph.jpg

If he didn't have feelings for her this whole time, why would he remember something even she didn't remember at first. She doesn't remember the high school scene until her friend reminds her when they're drinking. These are both from Episode 1. This is also why I think the "revenge" is just a misunderstanding on YT's side. WK has shown nothing but interest in her from the beginning, she just misinterprets it as "revenge". Also, there's a song that plays in the background during the scene where she's cleaning the pool in Episode 3. The lyrics say: [Credit to Viki translations]

I want to understand how to keep life and work separate

Oh oh oh, how can I keep it separate?

Oh, turns out it’s just like love

There is no order of precedence

It’s okay. Be careful that quarreling is a sign of love

Oh

Good things originate from a partnership that easily hits it off

Fly if you want. Your dream’s only fear is that you won’t chase after it

Brilliance follows disheartenment

Clap your hands, create your own sky

There will be sadness there will be happiness

Good and bad will naturally divide

All are my partners accompanying me

There will be sadness, there will be happiness

Who else feels the same as I do?

I wish for my partners to respond to me

When does YT respond the most to WK? When they're fighting. That's when both of them show the most animation towards each other. :D

22 hours ago, phikyl said:

I third the motion! Why else would these lines be thrown in there? ;)

MOD EDIT: DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES, GIFS, AND VIDEOS

If he didn't have feelings for her this whole time, why would he remember something even she didn't remember at first. She doesn't remember the high school scene until her friend reminds her when they're drinking. These are both from Episode 1. This is also why I think the "revenge" is just a misunderstanding on YT's side. WK has shown nothing but interest in her from the beginning, she just misinterprets it as "revenge". Also, there's a song that plays in the background during the scene where she's cleaning the pool in Episode 3. The lyrics say: [Credit to Viki translations]

When does YT respond the most to WK? When they're fighting. That's when both of them show the most animation towards each other. :D

I think none of us needs to look at talks for able to understand he has a feelings for her and ıts not smth new!...senario is even going based on that! so writers make his emotions towards her so clear. ıts about a YT's success / finding herself story with taking a help of a old friend WK who always liked her and the story of two person who realised how they belong each other after 10 year! revenge side is just childish game..I think she hurt him in the past but don't think it hurt him so much like he growed a real grudge over her! since first min he just have to started this game firstly with gaining her back plans! he just hurt in the past bc possibly he couldn't find mutual answer for his emotions to her! at least he thought like that! real question in here is ıf she loved him or not in the past like he do?..and I think secretly she also started to answer for us.."Yeah I loved him too"...

m6gB60.pngj3rZ3m.png

Va8daZ.pngg8vao5.png

ıf this story reach to this level, ıt never be a surprise

WK: don't go! I know you don't love me but I love you..I always loved you

YK: what! after all that why are you saying this now? do you know how long I waited you to confess me! I loved you too...

:tears: :lol:

41 minutes ago, evok said:

real question in here is ıf she loved him or not in the past like he do?..and I think secretly she also started to answer for us.."Yeah I loved him too"...

I also think that she did but I think that either she didn't realize she loved him back then or she thought that he liked her friend so she never said/did anything about it. 

43 minutes ago, evok said:

ıf this story reach to this level, ıt never be a surprise

WK: don't go! I know you don't love me but I love you..I always loved you

YK: what! after all that why are you saying this now? do you know how long I waited you to confess me! I loved you too...

Oh the drama! LOL! If this happens I will laugh my butt off while bowing down to you. That would be pretty hilarious to see! 

Archived