[Taiwanese Drama 2016] Refresh Man 後菜鳥的燦爛時代

sugarplum892

Those two were close. Maybe it was too close to realize the their true feeling. She just tried to push him up a bit cause she knew he could be better. Platonic relationship somehow. She might be a smart girl at the time but still she was a teenager. Sometimes, things she did might hurt him one way or another.That was the time he seriously spur things up to reach a level of success. I noticed that he liked how YT be in the past. She had aura of dominance. She used to be the brightest star in high school. Though she teased him or bullied him, he secretly smiled at those moments. Sound like a little Masochist to me LOL. Yes .... there were several times he felt uneasy but that made him to be WK the CEO just now. Maybe (again), all those he did is to build up the scene and spur YT to be the dominant YT like she was in the past. YT in the form he liked the most.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This to need to seriously kiss and make-up as in literally, both sort of like each other and yet are too stubborn to admit it. I think even Yu Tang has these vague feelings of more than friends that she doesn't want to acknowledge or is oblivious to herself.

After watching episode 5 (with only 85% of subs so I might have missed some important stuff) I feel the need to say that if I were Yu Tang I would be feeling a whole lot of confusion in regards of the way Wen Kai behaves with her, which doesn't really help his case in terms of making her realise that he's liked her for over a decade now. Also, one thing I've learned about her in this episode is that she really doesn't know what 'middle ground' is, it looks like she goes from one extreme to the other, specially when it comes to her pride. I think that seeing her on her journey to find that middle ground will be very rewarding indeed.

Also, I can't feel any love for the second male lead. I still have no idea what he's supposed to be but, right now, I can't help but to get a really weird vibe from him. Not to mention that his interactions with Yu Tang are strange: if he's trying to help her, why didn't he make sure the CEO from YOURS made the call himself and not let the slimy secretary get hold of Yu Tang's card?

And last but not least, I feel incredibly sorry for Ai-sha. She's been so far 120% a very decent person and to think of her left alone at the restaurant on her birthday is just too sad. I hope Wen Kai manages to make it up to her somehow...

whenever I watch WK's behaviours for YT I feel so sorry for him, he can easily be sad and happy at little YT moments...he is a desperate kid who stuck on a love story that he carried in heart maybe more than a 10 years! we still don't know when he started to like her..bc ıt looks like they grown-up together..and loving someone that long without telling your feelings is so hard...I feel like he haven't dated with anyone or loved someone after her...and maybe be that successful just to able to be in same position with her and able to see her again...YT's situation looks better than him..sure she also loved him but ıt looks like she went on well...at least ıf she carried him in her heart she somehow continued to life with focusing on her career...I just hope first YT confess him and give him that moment he has been waiting and dreaming for a long time...but WK is really making it hard. ahh dramas...

10 minutes ago, evok said:

whenever I watch WK's behaviours for YT I feel so sorry for him, he can easily be sad and happy at little YT moments...he is a desperate kid who stuck on a love story that he carried in heart maybe more than a 10 years! we still don't know when he started to like her..bc ıt looks like they grown-up together..and loving someone that long without telling your feelings is so hard...I feel like he haven't dated with anyone or loved someone after her...and maybe be that successful just to able to be in same position with her and able to see her again...YT's situation looks better than him..sure she also loved him but ıt looks like she went on well...at least ıf she carried him in her heart she somehow continued to life with focusing on her career...I just hope first YT confess him and give him that moment he has been waiting and dreaming for a long time...but WK is really making it hard. ahh dramas...

I hope so too. I hope this time around Yu Tang falls hard for him and does something extraordinary that will leave a lasting impact for both of them. I think over time she will fall hard for him but as this is a 20 episode long drama for now its going to be him going crazy while being jealous and being in love hopelessly.

1 hour ago, Nymeria289 said:

I hope so too. I hope this time around Yu Tang falls hard for him and does something extraordinary that will leave a lasting impact for both of them. I think over time she will fall hard for him but as this is a 20 episode long drama for now its going to be him going crazy while being jealous and being in love hopelessly.

Exactly. We're only on episode 5, I know we must be patient since the resolution is still a long way away and, it might make me sound evil but I am all for seeing Wen Kai struggling to accomplish his mission to help her become the awesome Yu Tang he loved back in their school days, as well as keeping his increasingly difficult to control feelings in check. 

Also, I am looking forward to seeing Yu Tang realising that Wen Kai has been in love with her for all these years and wondering how a smart girl like her just could not see it. But yet again, she seems like the sort of girl that a guy would have to buy a billboard and spell his feelings out in black and white for her to understand, she seems that she's got her feels-radar broken!

I am enjoying this drama a lot which makes me happy, considering that the other drama I'm watching ONLY has four more episodes to go....at least I know I'll be kept in good company till July! ^_^

I find it kind of cute to see WK got jealous and how WK fuss over her in her absence but so stubborn as a mule to confess to her. What he is doing is pushing her further away from him. I hope the 2nd Lead ZY will give him a run for the girl he loves and start him to do some act to win YT over.

ZY came across as a gentleman and he really admires YT. Hope to see more interaction between ZY and YT to spice up the tension and make WK make the first move to confess his love to YF. Looking forward to more kisses and skin since episode 5 we see them sharing the bed.

6 minutes ago, jovialkitty said:

I find it kind of cute to see WK got jealous and how WK fuss over her in her absence but so stubborn as a mule to confess to her. What he is doing is pushing her further away from him. I hope the 2nd Lead ZY will give him a run for the girl he loves and start him to do some act to win YT over.

ZY came across as a gentleman and he really admires YT. Hope to see more interaction between ZY and YT to spice up the tension and make WK make the first move to confess his love to YF. Looking forward to more kisses and skin since episode 5 we see them sharing the bed.

That is true, it does seem like it's backfiring badly as some of the other members noted. However, while thinking about a possible reason why Wen Kai doesn't want Yu Tang to know he's in love with her it might be because he's afraid that if she does, it will put him again in a disadvantage with her. I know this sounds twisted but, to him, he's always had the lower hand when it came to her, and even if he does appear to have the upper hand because he's the CEO (or, as the drama puts it, he's the king) there's this constant feeling that she doesn't really acknowledge him as being superior, this probably stems from their high school days in which she was always in charge...so Wen Kai might fear that if she finds out about his feelings for her, before she has the time to figure out that she likes him too, she'll be in that higher position once again. 

Aren't human feelings complicated??? 

I like the way WK adores and look intensively at YT's face when he woke up from his sleep and still holding her fingers in his hand and smile a satisfied smile seeing YT stayed over the night to care for him. You can see that he was in high mood when he got his breakfast and told YT to eat with him after a tiring night and busy morning. Then when YT left, he stalked on her to see who she was meeting for breakfast and have a changed of mood after his discovery.

Our stubborn CEO who refused to acknowledge his own feeling and emotions, and got super jealous after seeing another man date her for a meal.

29 minutes ago, sanaeozora said:

That is true, it does seem like it's backfiring badly as some of the other members noted. However, while thinking about a possible reason why Wen Kai doesn't want Yu Tang to know he's in love with her it might be because he's afraid that if she does, it will put him again in a disadvantage with her. I know this sounds twisted but, to him, he's always had the lower hand when it came to her, and even if he does appear to have the upper hand because he's the CEO (or, as the drama puts it, he's the king) there's this constant feeling that she doesn't really acknowledge him as being superior, this probably stems from their high school days in which she was always in charge...so Wen Kai might fear that if she finds out about his feelings for her, before she has the time to figure out that she likes him too, she'll be in that higher position once again. 

Aren't human feelings complicated??? 

ıf YT knows WK is in love with her she just won't be greedy anymore to rise again.at least in short time. She likes to compete with him bc she want to win over a guy who doesnt like her and supposed to ruin her career. President also gave WK a mission as raising Taem 3 in a short time period and he knows YT is the only one who can wake-up that working desire of team 3 that they lost years ago and he knows she will do it when he will push her more with anger...YT did same to WK..to able to be successful like her he got work hard and came to this days..team 3 is like high school WK who needs someone to give that desire to them. and WK knows it YK! so even though he can't hold himself anymore, still he needs to act hursh to her.

17 minutes ago, evok said:

ıf YT knows WK is in love with her she just won't be greedy anymore to rise again.at least in short time. She likes to compete with him bc she want to win over a guy who doesnt like her and supposed to ruin her career. President also gave WK a mission as raising Taem 3 in a short time period and he knows YT is the only one who can wake-up that working desire of team 3 that they lost years ago and he knows she will do it when he will push her more with anger...YT did same to WK..to able to be successful like her he got work hard and came to this days..team 3 is like high school WK who needs someone to give that desire to them. and WK knows it YK! so even though he can't hold himself anymore, still he needs to act hursh to her.

So much YES! And the amazing thing is that I do share Wen Kai's belief that Yu Tang can go back to the way she was. But it will be a painful road, especially because the Sales Team #3 really can't be bothered. I know I must hold my judgement on them since it's still early days but I find them very annoying and selfish. I can't understand the single mother the most, after all, if you know you'll lose custody of your baby if you lose your job, a job you're actually a genius at, wouldn't you do your best to make sure the company can't do without you? And the manager is the worst...her department is being threatened with closure, and all she cares about are her veggies and where to go for dinner....I hope she can get her act together and start doing her job.

But more than anything, I want to see Yu Tang raising up to her former glory and schooling that slimy secretary once she becomes a sales ace. I wanted to physically hurt him when he made her clean his shoes...he's a terrible human being.

About Wen Kai, to be honest, I am surprised he's been able to hold himself for so long...I too believe that he's been in love with her for most of his life and if he's ever dated anyone (which I'm not actually that sure), he never had the heart in it, for his heart already had an owner: Yu Tang. 

Ah .... it makes sense. Suppose things might  go like this.

- Full Mark Tang is the YT's name on WK mobile phone. So, more or less he strongly believes in her potential. Maybe, he has specific plan in using her for all along. Kick her out of secretarial pool was to harsh compare to her mistakes but he needed someone to spur things in sale team#3 quick. He knows her best so that he put such burden on her shoulder plus a little bit of revenge. Last but not least, he wants her to learn somethings about real life and work. While he studied the nature of sale team#3, he knows it's extremely hard work. So, he systematically planed things and attempted to secretly lead her to the way out after she earned painful lessons a bit. I thought that he was in hurry because he didn't want see her  struggled that much and wanted things to end as fast as it possibly can. The problem was the way he rushed her and challenged her was backfiring. YT has competitive nature. She is a smart girl but not a cunning type. When she confronts any obstacle, she goes directly even there's a wall or a cave. That's a thin red line between bravery and idiot. At that point, things never ever go as he planned. He pressured her with Mei Mei. He knew she never make it but still she went that far by swallowing her pride and at the end she even used her own saving to keep old contract. Yet again, he cut all close to 2 weeks for new contract of YOURS and didn't  give YT any reason that he paved way for her. It ended up that the one she had to deal with was the indecent guy whom she repeatedly rejected. Kept in mind that she had time limit and had no clue what's going on, it was like she' son her own to solving problem again.

- My guess is WK will try harder to make it end. It just can't be like this anymore. 

I'm really disappointed with the way YT handles problem. I agree she is smart but she is not intelligent. She could not sense that the guy is fooling her already. Imagine, she followed that idiot man to wipe his shoes in front of the visitors. He is humilating her but she still believes that that guy is true to his word. She is also hard headed in the sense that she doesn't accept advise even from Wang Zhi Yu.

But AARON YAN is really a business genius here in this drama. He is very handsome just like BARON CHEN (Bromance).  I love these two actors my dear friends.   

4 minutes ago, raewonkim said:

I'm really disappointed with the way YT handles problem. I agree she is smart but she is not intelligent. She could not sense that the guy is fooling her already. Imagine, she followed that idiot man to wipe his shoes in front of the visitors. He is humilating her but she still believes that that guy is true to his word. She is also hard headed in the sense that she doesn't accept advise even from Wang Zhi Yu.

But AARON YAN is really a business genius here in this drama. He is very handsome just like BARON CHEN (Bromance).  I love these two actors my dear friends.   

Actually your post makes me think of a very scary scenario....what if Wen Kai is overestimating Yu Tang? As you said, she's smart but she's definitely not the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to being street wise. I think that her top marks were more due to her hard work and constance together with her being academically bright, more than anything else.

It would be heartbreaking for Wen Kai to see her fail, after all the work he's put into getting to her level. Not to mention that it would be severely damaging for Yu Tang's self esteem to see that she really isn't the top student anymore....and thus, the drama would be served....:tears:

13 minutes ago, raewonkim said:

ıf she be enough intelligent she doesnt need WK and there would be no point to create a hero who rescue the girl from bad happenings!..they need to create chemistry and romance with classic "every girl need a hero" cliche..there is a reason to write her character like that ;) her strong sides are for rescuing team 3, her weak sides are for creating the moments...

Episode 5 Thoughts

First, Elsa...I know everyone is feeling sorry for her because she is basically going to get stood up for her birthday dinner. But, I find it harder to be sympathetic towards her. She came in like a fierce wind. She is the "perfect secretary". Always thinking ten steps ahead of everyone else. She speaks multiple languages, she does her homework on all of the executives they meet with, etc. She clearly has worked with Wen Kai long enough to know that he hasn't acted like he has been acting with Yu Tang since she's known him. More importantly, he has treated her like a subordinate who is good at her job, nothing more. So, I am just not buying this false hope that she has that he will all of a sudden fall in love with her. Continue to be smart. Cut your losses on this,focus on your job and meet someone who will love you in return.

Second, Zhi Yu...I am really glad that Jack Li is in this role, because he is actually a really good actor. I also like how he was introduced. He has saved our heroine twice already, which provides a consistent contrast to Wen Kai's on again-off again affections. It will be interesting to see how the writers develop him, we will just have to wait and see.

Head Secretary Zhang.. As someone who has worked in the corporate arena, I see this type of thing all of the time. Talk about unprofessional. You never let your personal feelings override professionalism. She didn't want him on a personal level and she is well within her right to decide that. Let it go. He was basically sexually harassing her at the party. It is always awkward when someone wants to cross that line. I have dealt with it myself. It is uncomfortable, and you do find yourself avoiding this situation. However, Yu Tang should not feel at fault. She doesn't owe this guy a date or anything else personal. His boss needs to be aware of this.

The Secretary Department...surely by now Yu Tang should see that those girls were never on her side. They were literally waiting for the opportunity to see her demise. Even though she was transferred, they still cannot hold a candle to her. In most office environments, they would be written up.

Wen Kai...He is such an interesting character. On the one hand, we the viewer, get to see all of the sincere glances and heartfelt sentiments toward Yu Tang. However, when he actually has Yu Tang's undivided attention, he runs cold. He becomes petty and mean and gives off the wrong signal. If they are to ever move into the romance department, he is going to have to grow up, sit that pride to the side and be honest. Yu Tang is NOT a mind reader. She cares about him and respects him, but literally has no clue that he is in love with her. And, quite frankly, he hasn't shown her that is in love with her. He is sending to many mixed signals. I have a feeling that by the time he does come clean, it will come out wrong. He has held his feelings in for so long, that he's like a ticking time bomb, ready to explode.

I think we are going to see her point of view. When she was talking with Ai Sha, made me think she actually liked him. And I do think her family acknowledge her feelings for him, they know that she cares about him. That is why her brother thinks he can treat Wen Cai as a old brother, and her father said in the other episode (when Wen Cai, paid the debts of her family) that their fight was "not for teenagers" (something like that, I do not remember), as he knew that they are more than friends.

1 hour ago, Ana Paula Cionci said:

I think we are going to see her point of view. When she was talking with Ai Sha, made me think she actually liked him. And I do think her family acknowledge her feelings for him, they know that she cares about him. That is why her brother thinks he can treat Wen Cai as a old brother, and her father said in the other episode (when Wen Cai, paid the debts of her family) that their fight was "not for teenagers" (something like that, I do not remember), as he knew that they are more than friends.

yeah YT got emotional when talking about past...but I don't think they were couple...they were like first secret crush of each other who couldn't confess bc they afraid of losing each others friendship. but I still think at one point smth happened between them emotionally after that they cut their relation...maybe a romantic moment or like ı said before, a misunderstanding like thinking he likes YT's best friend but not her...I feel we will still see some flashbacks from past and get what really happened between them at future episodes...

and @nubianlegalmind really nice review dear..thanks :)

Archived