[Taiwanese Drama 2016] Refresh Man 後菜鳥的燦爛時代

sugarplum892

Here are my some other thoughts and predictions after watching 8 min.Teaser (Spoiler)

Spoiler

I don't know what was his experience with Yu tang in the past. Need to learn more about their relationship. But but but he said (in teaser) that he wants her to become someone he cannot ignore. He wants her to become someone  he can rely on either at work or at private life. Literally, to be the "One" he needs the most in all situations and to be the only "One" who lay the eyes on him, listen to him alone.Put simply, all the things he did to Yu tang is his intention to make Yu tang be "the one" who's capable to be on his side so that he does not need anyone else but her and only her.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, tompark said:

Jack Lee will be pursuing Joanne Tseng character (and she will admire him) later on. (See more)

ooooh Thanks for the info , so basically he's the second lead and the role completing the love triangle .. i can't wait to see him again reuniting with Aaron after FILWM :lol:

but still he's not in the poster , right ? or am i the wrong one :huh:

5 hours ago, tara97 said:

ooooh Thanks for the info , so basically he's the second lead and the role completing the love triangle .. i can't wait to see him again reuniting with Aaron after FILWM :lol:

but still he's not in the poster , right ? or am i the wrong one :huh:

You're right, he's just part of the "supporting cast". I don't thing they will get involved in anything romantic. The 'admiration' is probably work "related" like someone you look up to? I'm not sure...

1 hour ago, tompark said:

You're right, he's just part of the "supporting cast". I don't thing they will get involved in anything romantic. The 'admiration' is probably work "related" like someone you look up to? I'm not sure...

True that :D ohh well let's look forward to the drama anyway :wub:

It will be interesting to have a love triangle that forces our male lead WK to prove that he loves YT more than just playing all the childish tactics on her and forcing her further away. There needs to be some hot and fierce pursuing by both males.

I wonder if WK is in denial or doesn't actually know if he likes YT. I was re-watching the ending theme and there's a scene in there where he stops and chases after YT to tell her that he likes her. Towards the end of the video, he brushes by her as if that scene was just in his head. 

6 hours ago, polaress said:

I wonder if WK is in denial or doesn't actually know if he likes YT. I was re-watching the ending theme and there's a scene in there where he stops and chases after YT to tell her that he likes her. Towards the end of the video, he brushes by her as if that scene was just in his head. 

IMO, I think he likes her and definitely knows what he is doing  now. He just waits for the right time to reveal his feeling. That scene might portray what he always wants to do but he keeps in inside  for some reasons. 

Spoiler

Like what I shared in the last post, he wants her and only her to be by his side but as a CEO, he needs someone like Elsa, the super secretary. He does all these things to make a change in YT and wishes her to become someone, literally, capable liked Elsa. If that day comes, on his side, there will be only YT and nobody else.

6 hours ago, tammy_P said:

Hide contents

Like what I shared in the last post, he wants her and only her to be by his side but as a CEO, he needs someone like Elsa, the super secretary. He does all these things to make a change in YT and wishes her to become someone, literally, capable liked Elsa. If that day comes, on his side, there will be only YT and nobody else.

I agreed with your hidden content. I am he wants her and desires only her.

On 3/12/2016 at 7:17 PM, thunderman1 said:

The drama went  downhill after ep 10 or so.. unfortunately.

I"m liking the pace of this drama. :)

isnt it!! that why i never finished it apart from just watching the last ep to find out what happened in the end xD

This drama is a bit over the top, i think I'm going to have to get use to the over exaggeration if I'm going to make it to episode 20. Episode 2 came to re-enforce the fact that i think WK wants the best for her. He sees potential in her that she doesn't even see her self. I like when they showed why she was working at the company, however its like she as no motivation no passion. Thats where he comes in, i think because of him she's going to change. We can see by the flash backs that the reason why he is so successful is because of the way she pushed him to be a better person when they where younger 

I am adoring this drama so far. There's something about it that just makes me grin while watching.

I think it's very obvious that WK likes YT and has forever. (and possibly she used to like him, too.) They both were sneaking grins while she teased him when he was crouching outside the classroom. And when she hurt his feelings in front of the teacher, it felt like she only said that stuff so that the teacher would stop criticizing him and WK misunderstood. After the shaved ice scene, it seems clear they used to spend A LOT of time together (58 free ices?) But she seems to think he used to like her friend (probably related to whatever she recorded that she was threatening to announce to the town) so I'm betting there are misunderstandings on both sides. He's clearly not thrilled at the idea of "Romeo" being an X and I don't get why she doesn't clear that up but it works for keeping him jealous. ;)  So far we haven't really gotten to see inside his head very much, just little hints. But he did clearly tell the shaved-ice-dad that he used to chase YT and wants her to chase him so that's something. :wub:

On 3/15/2016 at 9:36 AM, tammy_P said:

Would love to share some other thoughts but I have problem with spoiler function. Anyone can help ? 

What I do is type everything like normal, then highlight the part I want hidden and click the little "eye" icon next to Font/Size above the text box. That automatically hides everything that you highlighted.

On 3/7/2016 at 10:02 AM, ka77 said:

By the way they depicted their teenage years , it seems that You Tang was (to me) a bit rude to him. But the look on Wen Kai says otherwise. 

I am going to comment on that in a minute.

So far, this drama has been pretty good. I like all of the characters. In the T-Drama world, the pool of actors is much smaller, and a lot of my faves are in this drama. I really like the bevy of personalities on Sales Team #3. This will be good for YT because her dad was right, she had no where to go as a secretary.

I think Yu Tang was and is very good at her job. But, prior to Wen Kai coming in to the picture, the company was floating along. Not going down, but definitely not going up either. That is why they brought Wen Kai into the picture. Yu Tang was so good at her job she didn't have to work at it. It was almost too easy for her, which is why he moved her. She needs a challenge, that is where her true talent and ambition will shine. The people on the sales team have fallen into a rut. Mediocre management has allowed them to come to work and pretend and not try. Just do enough to get by, so the premise of the work plot has been great. I believe they will all help each other out and do well.

Wen Kai and Yu Tang. When they were kids, she was the typical Type-A, smart, self-starter. Because she was at the top, it was expected that she help someone who wasn't doing as well, that is how her and Wen Kai ended up being tied together. However, like the comment above, the "look on Wen Kai says otherwise". Yes it does. I think he has always been smart. But what was the best way to ensure he would be in her life and vice versa? He had to be someone who needed tutoring. If he suddenly got smart and was doing well, then he wouldn't get tutored by her and punished by her. He is a MASOCHIST! He liked her torturing him. In fact, he enjoyed it.

Furthermore, now that he has succeeded and is seemingly doing better than her, it is not enough. I think now, his torturing her is a bit of petty revenge, but I also believe he is doing it to elicit retaliation from her. He likes getting her riled up and ready to hit him. I also love how he subtly forced his way into her dinner with her father and brother.

No one does infuriatingly cute better than Aaron Yan. He is so good at that hate/love thing! I had heard Jack Li was coming in to be a rival, so that should be good. I can already tell Ms. Perfect secretary is jealous of his feelings for YT. It is obvious already. I hope this pace and writing keep up. Fall in Love With Me started off so good. Then the writers just went way to the left. Fingers crossed for this one. :) 

It's great to finally see Aaron Yan in a drama again, especially after the disastrous, Fall In Love With Both Of Me. He's just so visually attractive that he simply demands your attention no matter how bad the drama is LoL! Yea I'm shallow:P Although the plot is nothin' new, Aaron plays the role of CEO for the third time. It's just me though but parts of the plot is very similar to the Korean Drama She Was Pretty, as well as parts of Devil Wears Prada.

I've watched both ep and I enjoy it so far. Joanne looks older to Aaron's youthful, boyish looks but is a much better actress than Tia Li. Chemistry-wise, I don't see it yet. Theirs is more of a superior-subordinate type relationship, although I'm hoping this to change soon in coming ep. I do love how Wen Kai relishes in taunting poor Yu Tang LoL!  

I did think he was a jerk at first but now I think Wen Kai is only trying to get Yu Tang to rediscover her passion for her career. I'm not sure about Ai Sha's character simply 'cause she's too good to be true. I just hope she won't backstab Wen Kai-Yu Tang later on. And why does she address Wen Kai as Kelvin LoL!? Hope the drama will reveal the backstory to their relationship in future ep.

After episode 3, the chemistry is more pronounced, in my opinion. Episode 3 integrated lots of cliches scenes you usually see in tw rom-coms but Aaron and Joanne put their own spin on it. Of course, Aaron is handsome in like every shot so that helps ^_^ Sometimes I get annoyed when Wen Kai keeps torturing/teasing/putting down Yu Tang but then we get some cute, caring scenes where Wen Kai suddenly softens toward Yu Tang so I'm sure more will be revealed about his feelings as we continue watching.

One episode a week seriously isn't enough LOL! As @Latte_Anyday said, I'm super curious what Ai Sha is going to do. Lene Lai often plays the 'malicious' second lead, in Love Cheque Charge and Pleasantly Surprised. Right now, she seems perfect so it'll be interesting to see when she reveals her real motives, if there is any. 

Spoiler

So I'm assuming Yu Tang used her own 1 million to buy the Mei Mei products to get the contract back? What confused me (from the preview) is that her dad also owed 1 million so Aaron paid it off for her dad? Are they different 1 millions? lol The "she owes him money" storyline is overused as well but if done well it can be so cute and fluffy that I don't even care :P 

@LoveBunny Agreed, it' definitely over the top sometimes. The balance between his 'revenge' and his supposed crush on her through flashbacks and some instances could be better. I can tell that the director is trying to show us both sides to alleviate all the things Wen Kai is doing to Yu Tang. But so far, the combo is working and making for a easy+entertaining drama. I hope it continues!

Finish watching.... but i am confused on the last part......

So she use her 1 million to buy mei mei or her dad give her 1 million??? Or she use up her 1 million to buy mei mei and her dad sudden owe ppl 1 million? confused! can someone please explain more detail for me? i like the look of aaron yan caring way~~~~ 

will we get a kissing scene in ep 4? kkkkkk

Archived