[Taiwanese Drama 2016] Refresh Man 後菜鳥的燦爛時代

sugarplum892

7 minutes ago, evok said:

yeah YT got emotional when talking about past...but I don't think they were couple...they were like first secret crush of each other who couldn't confess bc they afraid of losing each others friendship. but I still think at one point smth happened between them emotionally after that they cut their relation...maybe a romantic moment or like ı said before, a misunderstanding like thinking he likes YT's best friend but not her...I feel we will still see some flashbacks from past and get what really happened between them at future episodes...

and @nubianlegalmind really nice review dear..thanks :)

I do not think they used to be a couple either. But I think her family, thought that they would end up together. For the rest, I agree with you.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Ana Paula Cionci said:

I do not think they used to be a couple either. But I think her family, thought that they would end up together. For the rest, I agree with you.

her family is so cute and innocent..I especially Iaughed so bad when they couldn't get what is CEO mean! :lol: but yeah they think YTWK would be a good couple but ıts hard to say they decided after learning he is powerful man or not..bc her brother was like marry with him after hearing he is the creditor now and his father was like you can't understand man and woman relation after getting there is a reason of him being creditor...like he got there is smth going between them but ıts hard to say ıf they were thinking this two are in love with each other at past...but ıf they give a flashbacks about her families reaction to their friendship we would get better and I also wonder about his family...that woman at park would be his mother or he lost his family and started to work at YT's restaurant for gaining his own money maybe...but still there is no info about his family ground. 

5 hours ago, evok said:

ıf she be enough intelligent she doesnt need WK and there would be no point to create a hero who rescue the girl from bad happenings!..they need to create chemistry and romance with classic "every girl need a hero" cliche..there is a reason to write her character like that ;) her strong sides are for rescuing team 3, her weak sides are for creating the moments...

Well Pi Yuno didn't need much rescuing in Bromance, actually she was often the one doing the rescuing, why can't independent strong heroine exist in drama land ?! 

In this time and age, we need drama to represent the real world where women are strong, capable and don't wait or need prince charming to come to their rescue.

31 minutes ago, minaboom_stv said:

Well Pi Yuno didn't need much rescuing in Bromance, actually she was often the one doing the rescuing, why can't independent strong heroine exist in drama land ?! 

In this time and age, we need drama to represent the real world where women are strong, capable and don't wait or need prince charming to come to their rescue.

ıts true but unfortunately ıts hard to find it at asian dramas! most of them are actually for middle ages and up...the actual tv viewers! and asian oldies raised in same mind...girls needs to be cute and innocent also they need to find their hero to be happy at the end. even as strong business woman they made her someone who is making obvious mistakes so the hero can rescue her! otherwise a woman who worked at that business world during a long years can easily know how she can handle things even though she is secretor or sales person..she don't need to be educated high class woman, even childs can see some of her choices are wrong but this is t-drama she need to find her way with help of the male hero so seeing her doing very clear mistakes are smth everyone expected... but at least ıts nice to see she is not a pure dumb useless character who is falling love easily to a rich charismatic cool guy that is closed himself to every love story! pehh...we are not waiting to see when male lead will fall in to dumb little girl, we are waiting when lead girl will care and love the man who is desperately waiting her! ...they are in same statue at life and ıts actually more realistic...

11 hours ago, sanaeozora said:

[...]  one thing I've learned about her in this episode is that she really doesn't know what 'middle ground' is, it looks like she goes from one extreme to the other, specially when it comes to her pride. I think that seeing her on her journey to find that middle ground will be very rewarding indeed.

Also, I can't feel any love for the second male lead. I still have no idea what he's supposed to be but, right now, I can't help but to get a really weird vibe from him. Not to mention that his interactions with Yu Tang are strange: if he's trying to help her, why didn't he make sure the CEO from YOURS made the call himself and not let the slimy secretary get hold of Yu Tang's card?

And last but not least, I feel incredibly sorry for Ai-sha. She's been so far 120% a very decent person and to think of her left alone at the restaurant on her birthday is just too sad. I hope Wen Kai manages to make it up to her somehow...

Sorry for cutting your post shorter but I couldn't agree more with your points ! Totally agree about YT's extremes about her pride...

In addition, I feel that YT is just stubborn. It makes me wonder if she is even learning anything about being a salesperson or she's just focusing on not losing any bet with WK. 

And really, Show? Faking an invite ? I get that the situation is desperate (... Or is it ? Why is NO ONE in the team even worried , if it was that desperate?). But still, what is the Show trying to teach us ? That it is okay to lie and fake documents in a company or to represent a company ? 

As for the second male lead, he didn't leave any special impressions to me either.

Elsa -- I'm conflicted. At times, I feel that she could bring our OTP closer by helping them clearing any misunderstanding. At other times, I feel she could bring them trouble.

7 minutes ago, ka77 said:

Sorry for cutting your post shorter but I couldn't agree more with your points ! Totally agree about YT's extremes about her pride...

In addition, I feel that YT is just stubborn. It makes me wonder if she is even learning anything about being a salesperson or she's just focusing on not losing any bet with WK. 

I don't think she is that stubborn only bc she just want to win over him..remember at first episode WK told her did you ever take care of your co-workers and she asked herself at toilet; Am I that bad? and now I feel her real reason to choose acting dumb is rescue her co-workers and also of course her own future career! bc WK keep making harder to them and she is desperately trying every option as a leader of team 3...she want to win over him but mostly she want to prove herself she is someone who is useful..thats why they keep giving that idiot secretary talks..they are making fun of her as she found her own place!..they are like YT thought she is someone who can handle everything..but she is nothing....blah blah...now YT is challenging herself even some of them are wrong choices...they are wrong but wrong choices needed when a hero needed to rescue. 

For me it wasn't only her pride. Some part of it was pressure that WK keep pushing her while her co-workers are so unreliable. All burden is on her and only her to sail the wrecked ship to go on which mean her career too. In this time rush with no one to rely on, she's just taking any ways to survive and to fight back. At least, she needed to make a progress right at the party. Things have to be quick. If there's a failure here, she will know what she should do in the future. Like I said, what he has done all this time is now backfiring. I guessed he originally doesn't want things to be like this. Anyway, the way he keeps rushing, torturing, teasing, putting pressure on her. Those actions somehow pushed her to the areas where she desperately made any attempts even stupid one to survive. He once said that she had so much confidence and he wanted her to face Mei Mei problem on her own and bring her co-members along. So, he didn't give a clue why the time cut close and that he paved the way for her. Miscalculation indeed. At the end, she only knew that she have to deal with wicked chief secretary and the team member .... ok you know what's happened right lol. She had no other choice rather than talking with the all mighty secretary though she sensed that's a trap. 

WK should have explained to YT the reason why the deal time got shortened. But in a real world, not every boss or manager would also give you all the details. And there are work places (like mine) where they simply throw you into the fire and you learn from there. There are circumstances where you can't simply take your time and learn from others. 

I have yet to see YT:

-- learn how not to assume all the responsibilities of the project on her own only. If she is the lead of the project (and not necessarily the lead/manager of a team), she needs to learn to divide the tasks and responsibilities. 

-- if she is the only one on the project, and she does need help, speak up -again, if needed. 

Or is this a cultural thing where one can't speak up to his/her boss ? I could see how that could be the case, but Sales Team 3 manager seemed easy going... She doesn't seem to care at all (for now).

-- If some tasks are simply irrealistic or impossible, what is she going to do next after (a) using her own moeny, (b) faking documents ? Where is is the boundary? Has she not learnt, earlier, from WK that it is not a permanent solution? I get that she didn't have any other choice, but how far are we going, Show ?

-- Has she picked up any book, asked for suggestions on forums, asked suggestions from any other sales persons (different group) without necessarily giving the details (due to confidentiality) for suggestions ? I keep hearing her saying the same sales pitch: how Mei Mei is a good product for the skin. But has she figured out how to convinced the buyer that it is better than any other product out there (in terms of profit of health benefits etc)? 

-- why is the Show showing all of the secretaries looking down at her ? With all her past experience, has she not formed any type of network or friends? Ok maybe not friends, but why all the hate/teasing towards her ? Has she not been nice to them ? Has there not been any type of "team bonding" before at all ? This reminded me of the client whom YT prepared the usual cup of tea, but Elsa disagreed with the choice: Elsa did an effort in getting to know the person. Or is our culture just that disrespectful? I was cringing at the party scene where everyone took their camera out to film YT. So frustrated for her !

20 minutes ago, ka77 said:

WK should have explained to YT the reason why the deal time got shortened. But in a real world, not every boss or manager would also give you all the details. And there are work places (like mine) where they simply throw you into the fire and you learn from there. There are circumstances where you can't simply take your time and learn from others. 

I have yet to see YT:

-- learn how not to assume all the responsibilities of the project on her own only. If she is the lead of the project (and not necessarily the lead/manager of a team), she needs to learn to divide the tasks and responsibilities. 

-- if she is the only one on the project, and she does need help, speak up -again, if needed. 

Or is this a cultural thing where one can't speak up to his/her boss ? I could see how that could be the case, but Sales Team 3 manager seemed easy going... She doesn't seem to care at all (for now).

-- If some tasks are simply irrealistic or impossible, what is she going to do next after (a) using her own moeny, (b) faking documents ? Where is is the boundary? Has she not learnt, earlier, from WK that it is not a permanent solution? I get that she didn't have any other choice, but how far are we going, Show ?

-- Has she picked up any book, asked for suggestions on forums, asked suggestions from any other sales persons (different group) without necessarily giving the details (due to confidentiality) for suggestions ? I keep hearing her saying the same sales pitch: how Mei Mei is a good product for the skin. But has she figured out how to convinced the buyer that it is better than any other product out there (in terms of profit of health benefits etc)? 

-- why is the Show showing all of the secretaries looking down at her ? With all her past experience, has she not formed any type of network or friends? Ok maybe not friends, but why all the hate/teasing towards her ? Has she not been nice to them ? Has there not been any type of "team bonding" before at all ? This reminded me of the client whom YT prepared the usual cup of tea, but Elsa disagreed with the choice: Elsa did an effort in getting to know the person. Or is our culture just that disrespectful? I was cringing at the party scene where everyone took their camera out to film YT. So frustrated for her !

-- Oh I think she didn't dare to give it a try to divide task. Who was she ? Newbie sales agent.

-- She can speak up to whom ? She tried to encourage the team and to speak up at the beginning and somewhere between ep.2-3. No one seems to care. 

-- I agreed she hasn't learned a thing. In her head, she seemed to have one word "go for it". Surprisingly, the team helped her did a fake invitation card. What a team ????? For god sake. Anyway, liked that single mom said sales might not be YT's expertise so that she would try to rely on her connection at the time she was secretary. She just did and it's effective. 

-- About other secretaries .... I think it is because she was demoted. As Elsa mentioned,news about her is spreading. She is young and she makes a progress in the career to be chief secretary. Some might be jealous and wait to see her down fall. Now she isn't the part of the community. Whatever reasons it would be, she was out and she wasn't at the same level as she used to be but she dared enough to go to the party for secretary. It's ridiculous. That's why they looked down on her. And guessed what, embarrassment of someone is very entertaining for others. 

15 hours ago, nubianlegalmind said:

Episode 5 Thoughts

First, Elsa...I know everyone is feeling sorry for her because she is basically going to get stood up for her birthday dinner. But, I find it harder to be sympathetic towards her. She came in like a fierce wind. She is the "perfect secretary". Always thinking ten steps ahead of everyone else. She speaks multiple languages, she does her homework on all of the executives they meet with, etc. She clearly has worked with Wen Kai long enough to know that he hasn't acted like he has been acting with Yu Tang since she's known him. More importantly, he has treated her like a subordinate who is good at her job, nothing more. So, I am just not buying this false hope that she has that he will all of a sudden fall in love with her. Continue to be smart. Cut your losses on this,focus on your job and meet someone who will love you in return.

(...)

Wen Kai...He is such an interesting character. On the one hand, we the viewer, get to see all of the sincere glances and heartfelt sentiments toward Yu Tang. However, when he actually has Yu Tang's undivided attention, he runs cold. He becomes petty and mean and gives off the wrong signal. If they are to ever move into the romance department, he is going to have to grow up, sit that pride to the side and be honest. Yu Tang is NOT a mind reader. She cares about him and respects him, but literally has no clue that he is in love with her. And, quite frankly, he hasn't shown her that is in love with her. He is sending to many mixed signals. I have a feeling that by the time he does come clean, it will come out wrong. He has held his feelings in for so long, that he's like a ticking time bomb, ready to explode.

Sorry to cut your post but I was thinking about what you said about Elsa (or Ai sha or whatever her real name is!) and while I do agree that she should cut her losses and focus on a job she's clearly good at, and considering that since this is a T-drama and she's the second female lead, she's doomed to fail, I do still find it almost necessary that she does at least try to sway Wen Kai to her side, I feel that if she really likes him, she deserves to make her case in the best way she can and hope that Wen Kai starts seeing her as a woman and not just as the perfect secretary. And while I will welcome her advances, if only so that Yu Tang can see that just as Wen Kai has competition for her feelings, she's got competition for Wen Kai's feelings too, I do hope that Elsa stays classy and doesn't turn out to be an obssessive kind of wannabe lover who will do everything she can to impede any relationship blossoming between our leads (yes, Huan Huan, I AM LOOKING AT YOU!).

About the paragraph you dedicated to Wen Kai, I fully agree with you that he's a very interesting, complicated and layered character, which I think it's in part due to the way it's written, but mostly due to how many nuances Aaron manages to bring in the way he plays him. Also, so much yes about the fact that he is a ticking bomb and, as such, I fully agree with you and I too think that his feelings will burst out at the worst possible time and in the worst possible way, maybe when Yu Tang will start thinking she's in love with Wang Zhi Yu because, let's face it, this will happen sooner rather than later.

In any case, I hope we get some flashbacks where we see more of what happened between Yu Tang and Wen Kai because, as we've already seen, she hurt his feelings badly by claiming he wasn't qualified to be her friend, but something tells me that this wasn't the full cause that fuelled Wen Kai's determination to give himself a full makeover. I do agree with those of you who think that perhaps Yu Tang did misunderstand Wen Kai and thought he liked her friend and she said or did something even more hurtful, maybe along the lines: "who would want to date someone like you?" probably out of a jealousy felt by her at least at a subconcious level. Because I do think that she did have some feelings for him, but she's so much in denial about them she ended up believing her own lies. 

Whatever the case, I hope that we'll find out soon!

Also, thanks to you guys for the super interesting posts you're all coming up with! Please keep them coming! ^_^ 

33 minutes ago, sanaeozora said:

Sorry to cut your post but I was thinking about what you said about Elsa (or Ai sha or whatever her real name is!) and while I do agree that she should cut her losses and focus on a job she's clearly good at, and considering that since this is a T-drama and she's the second female lead, she's doomed to fail, I do still find it almost necessary that she does at least try to sway Wen Kai to her side, I feel that if she really likes him, she deserves to make her case in the best way she can and hope that Wen Kai starts seeing her as a woman and not just as the perfect secretary. And while I will welcome her advances, if only so that Yu Tang can see that just as Wen Kai has competition for her feelings, she's got competition for Wen Kai's feelings too, I do hope that Elsa stays classy and doesn't turn out to be an obssessive kind of wannabe lover who will do everything she can to impede any relationship blossoming between our leads (yes, Huan Huan, I AM LOOKING AT YOU!).

I am also hoping that they do not turn Elsa into obsessive and bad character. Instead they will use her to bring WK and YT together , clearly Elsa can see that WK behave differently with YT. And right in the office when he saw YT delivering the mobile phone to him. His first statement was," So my bed must be very comfortable that you sleep till now then come to office?" Which boss in his right mind would make such a statement that sent a wrong message to tell other that "we are having some relationship."

About the paragraph you dedicated to Wen Kai, I fully agree with you that he's a very interesting, complicated and layered character, which I think it's in part due to the way it's written, but mostly due to how many nuances Aaron manages to bring in the way he plays him. Also, so much yes about the fact that he is a ticking bomb and, as such, I fully agree with you and I too think that his feelings will burst out at the worst possible time and in the worst possible way, maybe when Yu Tang will start thinking she's in love with Wang Zhi Yu because, let's face it, this will happen sooner rather than later. 

I cannot agreed with you more on this. I believe that his feelings will burst at the wors possible moment knowing that his rival has gained an upper hand. Wang Zi Yu is being a very gentleman till now and he shows genuine concern and interest in YT. During the first coffee break, he has clearly indicated that YT has left such an awesome impression in him that she is hard to be forgotten. And further, he stated his disappointment that he thought he could be able to see her more frequent when she is promoted to Chef secretary. Never had he expected her to move over to Sales. 

We have seen how he tried to convinced the Receptionists that Mei Mei is a great product and how he tried to make connection and pave the way for her by telling director Luo. And how he helped her into the Secretaries gatherings and how he thought it is not a good idea for her to go see Zhang zu mi alone and he insisted of going with her. He is such a gentleman, and I believe why all the unattached female Secretaries are trying to get into his good book, they called him "my prince".

Clearly this white knight is going to give our Prince Charming the run and tough fight for his princess. Even though YT may feel for WK, what WK is doing is surely backfiring and pushing her further away from him instead of what he thought will bring YT to him. And I also think that YT will come to adore ZY more of a big Brother but she might not be able to differentiate between admiration or love as we can see that she is so blinded by her emotion or she is not sure about her own feelings.

On 4/6/2016 at 4:52 AM, jovialkitty said:

Aaron and Joanne in Showbiz, 

MOD EDIT: DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES, GIFS, AND VIDEOS

they had so much fun, I really like to watch the eng sub version..I hope someone translate this

and why they look so good together? :rolleyes:

OUT OFF TOPIC

there is a new members, I have to warn you guys...

never open a random links coming to your inbox...someone sending a links like can you help me who is this? blah blah....ıts virus!!..I ignore that person! you ignore it with "ignore user" button but never click any link..and report them to moderator!

Archived