[Taiwanese Drama 2016] Refresh Man 後菜鳥的燦爛時代

sugarplum892

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode one looks pretty upbeat. They didn't change much of Joanne look. First episode isn't so bad. Surprise feeling of reveal is okay of whom the ceo is and the drama beginning of how she handle a incident isn't bad. I wonder how many episode this would run...well okay it says 20. 

I somewhat hope they got enough plot line to work with here. Haha

I liked episode one! It has a similar vibe to Office Girls and I think as long as the plot doesn't go awry like in Fall in Love With Me (Sigh..), it will be a cute watch. Joanne and Aaron have pretty good chemistry thus far and the plot set-up seems fine, with the high school backstory and reverse revenge. I do hope they don't focus too much on evil second leads though, like in Just You, where the second lead took up a good 10 episodes of the drama... Anyways, first impression is good and I'm definitely going to tune in next Sunday!

6 hours ago, ka77 said:

Did you gals watch episode 1 on Viki ? I went to the site but didn't see the first episode listed yet. I'm ok if it's not subbed yet: I'm just wondering if I went to the right place to find it.

Unfortunately the episodes on Viki will have a 1 day delay...
Episode 1 is now available: https://www.viki.com/tv/30799c-refresh-man

Just finished ep1, 1hr passed so fast i didn't realized it. I only want for moree x) I've liked Joanne for a while, her acting is natural and I really like her character here. She's not silly/stupid/awkward or damsel in distress but pretty smart and capable. I love her attitude and look forwards to how she'll change the sale team for the better. I liked the childhood parts too, Aaron must have felt self-conscious, still i think he liked her. He must have misunderstood when Joanne said she'd not be friend with people like him though. It's more like she didn't want the teacher to scold him further because of her. I'm so curious about their past story, hopefully we get to see more and about the 10yrs what happened to Aaron too. At first, I wasn't sure about Joanne and Aaron chemistry, but my doubt was for nothing, their chemistry is just right. Joanne brought life to her character and so Aaron, I love their confrontation, like he seems to pick on her and look for revenge but there's more to it. I hope Joanne character will stay strong and determined as she is now. The ED song is very nice too, like a theme song for Aaron character feeling for Joanne, hmm

@tompark yay! Thanks for the link! I'm off to watch now.

Edited to add -- ok I watched the first episode and it was alright. I'm looking forward to Yu Tang to help Sales Team 3. Do you guys think Wen Kai is already liking Yu Tang? Or is be just teasing her?

I liked the flashback stories!

10 hours ago, ka77 said:

@tompark yay! Thanks for the link! I'm off to watch now.

Edited to add -- ok I watched the first episode and it was alright. I'm looking forward to Yu Tang to help Sales Team 3. Do you guys think Wen Kai is already liking Yu Tang? Or is be just teasing her?

I liked the flashback stories!

He likes her, he could have let her walk away and leave. He didn't, he is forcing her in a way to do better and in a way forcing his presence in her life. The way I see it, Yu Tang is capable of doing better, she is quite hardworking, focused and also talented but just has somewhat over time got used to just doing well enough but not extraordinarily well. Her monologue at the beginning was a clear indication to that. And Wen Kai likes her a lot. He has liked her since school. Its evident, he keeps his long time trustworthy employee at a considerable distance but with Yu Tang, he is playing around. I loved how he kept getting so close to her every time he talked about the king and pawn scenario. I can picture how they can go forward with this show with the focus being Yu Tang finding her way to the top again while learning to fall in love with Wen Kai and both starting to trust each other.

So far, I find Refresh Man, quite Refreshing. I hope they can keep it up. And did I mention that the chemistry was spot on. I can't wait to watch more, it sucks that I have to wait a full week for this.

Think you tang is wen Kai's dream girl since schooldays. And he mentioned a couple of time in episode one that he wants Yu Tang go know him better and that she will become more than an assistant to him, is he hinting to her that he likes her or desires her?

I wasn't sure if Wen Kai likes Yu Tang and thus tried any way to keep her close to him now. Or if he wanted to keep her around, just for revenge (and regretting later when he realized he likes her).

By the way they depicted their teenage years , it seems that You Tang was (to me) a bit rude to him. But the look on Wen Kai says otherwise. 

I wonder if the show deliberately shows the scenes where young Wen Kai is teased by young Yu Tang first. Perhaps they will show scenes later, where young Yu Tang was nice to Wen Kai, and when he developed his crush on her.

Wen Kai definitely liked her, the end credits song. He wants to tell her that he likes her but lets her walk past. It's more like a lingering attraction mixed with the feeling of childhood first love and petty rivalry for him. Yu Tang, not so sure. Need to see more episodes because he is definitely going to be hot and cold to her for a while and she will slowly feel something. I refuse to believe it was all rudeness from Yu Tang. I'm sure they were more like harmless school kids vying for attention around each other.

And what about what Wen Kai said, "The pawns and king is in place, now we need east wind" or something like that. What's the long running game plan here.

Quite a nic drama, I rematch it once. 

Wen Kai is trying to get Yu Tang to led team 3, he is the general and he is placing one of his best to go encourage and inspire a discouraged team to stand up and face the demon. And he knows Yu Tang well and he has a crush on her for 10 years.

Look forward to the next episode .

After watching the first episode I'm annoyed by the Zhong Yu Tang. She played the victim card when she was no victim. You either be the best at what you do or you get replaced the best, that is exactly what happened to her. How can you be a a job for 4 years almost 5 and you never got a promotion, somethings wrong. I don't blame Ji Wen Kai for demoting her, i think it was well deserves, he is doing her a favour. Unfortunately right now she seems like she as no passion for her job, she just doing it to do it. By putting her in a situation where she as no other choice but to strive for greatness he is ultimately helping grow into something better at work. She needs a spark to light her fire and thats exactly what he is doing.

@Nymeria289 the super trailer is just a compilation that consist mainly of episode one and two

2 hours ago, LoveBunny said:

After watching the first episode I'm annoyed by the Zhong Yu Tang. She played the victim card when she was no victim. You either be the best at what you do or you get replaced the best, that is exactly what happened to her. How can you be a a job for 4 years almost 5 and you never got a promotion, somethings wrong. I don't blame Ji Wen Kai for demoting her, i think it was well deserves, he is doing her a favour. Unfortunately right now she seems like she as no passion for her job, she just doing it to do it. By putting her in a situation where she as no other choice but to strive for greatness he is ultimately helping grow into something better at work. She needs a spark to light her fire and thats exactly what he is doing.

@Nymeria289 the super trailer is just a compilation that consist mainly of episode one and two

That's a whole lot of ground to cover in two episodes then.

And I agree, I was angry at Yu Tang a few times and then again was happy with her a few times. Its clear that Yu Tang is stuck in a rut, she is doing it right but somewhere the drive is missing. I think Ji Wen Kai wants to help her at the same time wants revenge for the petty stuff like a child and at the same time can't help it but like her. That's a whole lot of mixed signals that are thrown at Yu Tang's way which I guess will lead to 20 episodes of drama or else the plot is thin as air if you dig a bit deep into it.

But overall I like both of them. Yu Tang is quite capable, notices that she needs to do better but it will take a while. Same goes for, Wen Kai but at the same time they have lots of issues and tension that is there. They are both capable characters with baggage of their own. Also, Wen Kai isn't exactly 100% professional around Yu Tang and I think  that other secretary notices that too but keeps quite. I don't think that's a bad thing because I love their unprofessional moments to be honest. :wub: ;)

And who else here is looking forward to that shower scenes, it looked hot!

Archived