I'll be busy so I attempted to bring up the mood on this thread in the past 24 hours by spamming pics and gifs and FMV and (now sometimes I amazed myself) the whole updating list of Weibo acc for research purpose with some rough translations of Fanacc messages to our boys. But it seems go around..

anw, 

Just a friendly reminder (I was about to ramble which may unintentionally target some here but *inhale exhale* I resisted) that JY is 24 yrs old and ZZ, 22 <-- this child is still in school. I think about 2/3 of us fans are around these age, some younger some older, but we do realize the pressure of responsibility that comes in these period. Very nerve-wracking. 

And yes, we care for our boys, but we do care for our mentality/life as well. Rumors and other incidents, "blacklist" isn't it?, are pretty much considered, but please stop. Caring is essential but realistically, international fans, now, don't have much direct impact as the native fans. I've read on Weibo, fans said about these issues going so far, even internationally like really people, for unconfirmed news(?). I was initally seeking for happiness, fun, love, etc. on this thread, but why just going around the issues? When things are about to loosen up and some folks, many are new, show up and bring up the issue again. I'm like, can't you be serious?! This is too much! I really advise y'all (freaking) read/update/skim the pages you miss before posting/replying. It helps to cool down a bit, some really reply/quote/answer/clarify the dilemma, some just random update fanacc news and spam pics and gif and remarkably delulu analysis/fanfic/fmv/conspiracy.. 

I'm sorry guys, this is post don't have spamming stuffs. I'll be lurkingly reading, maybe liking, posts for the next 2 weeks (coincidentally till some events happen like airing and subbing shows). Meanwhile, hmm, waiting for other pts contributions and other random spammers, please take over me. 

p/s: I'll be updating the list of Weibo acc for research purpose. PAGE 425 guys, if you haven't checked.

• Like 20

19 minutes ago, Soohee ssi said:

I didn't know about Wangqing much but my friend is all over him. So yeah. She told me about their personality a bit so I knew a little about him though. I means Jingyu is protective but not in a open way. He can't risky his popularity right now as much he want to protect ZZ ( I believe ) . This is the road they wanted to take, no matter what, they know it's coming. The rumours, the hate, the storm. They knew it will happen. But their management team is bad. They so helpless and clueless and can't even protect their own artist. Like a plagiarism controversies. As much I love ZZ, plagiarism is a serious thing and they should know about it beforehand. This is not a playground thing where you can hurt your friend's knee and make a apologize to it and it will be forget. This is entertainment industry where so many harsh things happen, people will bring you down in a second with your simple mistake or move you make. I'm so sad that it coming like this. ZZ have so much talent in him yet this controversies will bring his image down to mud. He's so talented and I believe 'someone' have power behind his controversies. Someone feel threated. And this 'someone' knew that their management team is helpless, it kind of easier to bring him down. 

wow, I completely 1000% agree. They are good responsible artists, the room for error here is almost 0, I mean there must so many people involved in writing and recording the song and everything, and there is also the management team. IWHy did every single person miss it? and Zhou should have known better cuz it is his career after all and he is not a little kid that many people (esp. antifans) are just going to ignore his mistake, he is the one to bear the brunt. Fire the team, fire everyone, my advise. lol. Ugh! Also, I dont know abut 'someone', but Zhou's team's mistake is obvious all the time. I would rather blame it on them rather than on an unseen rumored entity. :I

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Soohee ssi said:

I didn't know about Wangqing much but my friend is all over him. So yeah. She told me about their personality a bit so I knew a little about him though. I means Jingyu is protective but not in a open way. He can't risky his popularity right now as much he want to protect ZZ ( I believe ) . This is the road they wanted to take, no matter what, they know it's coming. The rumours, the hate, the storm. They knew it will happen. But their management team is bad. They so helpless and clueless and can't even protect their own artist. Like a plagiarism controversies. As much I love ZZ, plagiarism is a serious thing and they should know about it beforehand. This is not a playground thing where you can hurt your friend's knee and make a apologize to it and it will be forget. This is entertainment industry where so many harsh things happen, people will bring you down in a second with your simple mistake or move you make. I'm so sad that it coming like this. ZZ have so much talent in him yet this controversies will bring his image down to mud. He's so talented and I believe 'someone' have power behind his controversies. Someone feel threated. And this 'someone' knew that their management team is helpless, it kind of easier to bring him down. 

Plagiarism can be very difficult even for a management team to pick up on. Most times it's not until the song, book etc have been put into the public domain where people can read it or listen to it that you get the feedback "I've read this or heard this before". The key is how you handle the matter when it comes to light. If ZZ has already made an apology for it, then he's made the right move. I really don't believe this one incidence is going to a have "major" impact on his career. It may have "dented" it a little, but that can certainly be fixed with a good PR team.

• Like 5

@swong2330

This is his old video of Latin Dance. I think I never see one from this front angle in youtube but it has a watermark in the middle.
Anyway, ZZ was the white shirt at the left side with glasses. The front they said is Zhu Yuan Bing, another actor and has taken photo with ZZ before:
http://www.bilibili.com/video/av4147430/index_1.html

This one is taken from the right angle:
http://www.bilibili.com/video/av4147430/index_2.html

• Like 6

5 hours ago, cart517 said:

Why did ZZ apologise? did he admit plagiarising the damn song? @liesl

ZZ admitted he took 3 sentences from One OK Rock's song as a tribute since he's a fan (Kinda obvious, actually). Apologizing is of course the correct move from him to this situation.

4 hours ago, swong2330 said:

One thing though. I do like the boys and Zhou. and You guys are right in saying that people get 'inspired' all the time. But, I dont understand why you are blaming the plagiarism thing on a 'scandal' created by some unpleasant elements. Others could be, but for this Zhou and his team themeselves have to take responsibily and he did. New to the industry, it was rookie mistake that he 'forgot' to menttion that the lines were inspired by his idol,he shud have or his team he worked with shud have. Thats really unprofessional, to be hones. Plagiarism is a really really bad thing, specially in western countries. In eastern countries, many get away with it, but the situation is changing as the media coverage is increasing. Working in the show business, he really should have been careful. this is really careless, only giving more chances to his haters to bash him

SEcondly, I am just curious. How many of you guys already knew that the lyric was 'inspired' or a form of dedication to his idol, b4 he issued an apology? Or were you only aware of it, after he did?

Why am I blaming this plagiarism thing created by some unpleasant elements? Well... let me start then. ZZ released "I Remember Your Eyes" a week ago. Precisely on 28th March. The moment he released the song, all ZZ and Addicted fans knew that he took the three lines from the song "The Beginning" from One OK Rock. It's so obvious. It's the first three lines from "The Beginning" so how could people not notice it? And with ZZ's known love to One OK Rock, it's so easy to find this out and to know the reason behind him taking these three lines.

Now here's the thing. We all knew about it a week ago. Lots of people knew about it a week ago but why did this blew up NOW? At this moment? A week later, when ZZ just finished filming two named famous variety shows in China? This is obviously a work of someone who's trying to create some trouble for ZZ. Someone who's picking the right moment to drop "the bomb".

Now I don't say that ZZ did the correct thing as well by not mentioning One OK Rock. He should have said it the moment he released the song but I presume he thought it should be fine if he mentioned it in the album later since this is just a 'teaser' for his album.

This should be a lesson for ZZ for not doing it again in the future. But why is this thing got blown up so big that it became the #10 most search on weibo though? It's not even really a plagiarism. Heck, he hasn't even released the album yet. 

ZZ should take responsibility (apologize) for this but in my opinion he didn't deserve the extreme hate that he got from this mistake.

EDIT:

By the way, I know you're a QingYu fan but you shouldn't compare QingYu company management too much to YuZhou company management. Obviously Addicted boys got more and different problems compared to QingYu. Johnny and ZZ were being attacked right and left because of their sudden popularity and I know that QingYu has problem on its own but it's not as big and complicated as Addicted. What kind of problem? Let me name one big problem that QingYu/Counterattack doesn't have (in comparison to Addicted): Counterattack and QingYu don't have government's and competitors' watchful eyes that are ready to jump on them every damn time they make a slip or mistakes.

• Like 15

21 minutes ago, gashupingo said:

His old videos or the recent interview one?

These are short clips of the recent interview
Latin Dance:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDqKXK2PomK/

Random Dance P1:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDqeS1HPokL/
Random Dance P2:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDqRaq-Pol1/

the old one, he is dancing professionally with a girl. He was properly trained in latin dance.

• Like 2

http://pop.weibo.com/#data_trend is updated!

IRYE - #4 in trend (edit: five minutes ago it was #2)

Moonlight - #7 in trend (edit: five minutes ago it was #3)

Dust and Walk Slowly are no longer in trend list, maybe this trend list only for two weeks new songs?

edit: the website is strange! Some songs' position change rapidly, leap frogging and all while others stay. The algorithm must be something to learn about. 

Keep on streaming, guys!

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, liesl said:

ZZ admitted he took 3 sentences from One OK Rock's song as a tribute since he's a fan (Kinda obvious, actually). Apologizing is of course the correct move from him to this situation.

Why am I blaming this plagiarism thing created by some unpleasant elements? Well... let me start then. ZZ released "I Remember Your Eyes" a week ago. Precisely on 28th March. The moment he released the song, all ZZ and Addicted fans know that he took the three lines from the song "The Beginning" from One OK Rock. It's so obvious. It's the first three lines of "The Beginning" so how could people not notice it? And with ZZ's known love to One OK Rock, it's so easy to find this out and to know the reason behind him taking these three lines.

Now here's the thing. We all knew about it a week ago. Lots of people knew about it a week ago but why did this blew up NOW? At this moment? A week later, when ZZ just finished filming two named famous variety shows in China? This is obviously a work of someone who's trying to create some trouble for ZZ. Someone who's picking the right moment to drop "the bomb".

Now I don't say that ZZ did the correct thing as well by not mentioning One OK Rock. He should have said it the moment he released the song but I presume he thought it should be fine if he mentioned it in the album later since this is just a 'teaser' for his album.

This should be a lesson for ZZ for not doing it again in the future. But why is this thing got blown up so big that it became the #10 most weibo search though? It's not even really a plagiarism. Heck, he haven't even released the album yet. 

ZZ should take responsibility (apologize) for this but in my opinion he didn't deserve the extreme hate that he got from this mistake.

Dont worry, no one is 'extreme'ly hating him. People (atleast 99.99% of them) still love him and support him like we all do, and there will always be haters. and yeah , he shud have known better. He can always fire his team. (I hate his management team lol)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, swong2330 said:

wow, I completely 1000% agree. They are good responsible artists, the room for error here is almost 0, I mean there must so many people involved in writing and recording the song and everything, and there is also the management team. IWHy did every single person miss it? and Zhou should have known better cuz it is his career after all and he is not a little kid that many people (esp. antifans) are just going to ignore his mistake, he is the one to bear the brunt. Fire the team, fire everyone, my advise. lol. Ugh! Also, I dont know abut 'someone', but Zhou's team's mistake is obvious all the time. I would rather blame it on them rather than on an unseen rumored entity. :I

Should ZZ have known better, probably, but until we hear directly from ZZ about what happened and why, we're just going to be speculating. I'm not a big fan of "speculation" I don't know much about his management team or whether they should be fired. I think we should wait and see how they handle the situation.

Edit: OK, i've just read about why he did it. OK, he made a mistake and he's owned up to it. Show me someone who hasn't make a mistake and i'll show you a liar.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, swong2330 said:

wow, I completely 1000% agree. They are good responsible artists, the room for error here is almost 0, I mean there must so many people involved in writing and recording the song and everything, and there is also the management team. IWHy did every single person miss it? and Zhou should have known better cuz it is his career after all and he is no

t a little kid that many people (esp. antifans) are just going to ignore his mistake, he is the one to bear the brunt. Fire the team, fire everyone, my advise. lol. Ugh! Also, I dont know abut 'someone', but Zhou's team's mistake is obvious all the time. I would rather blame it on them rather than on an unseen rumored entity. :I

5 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

Plagiarism can be very difficult even for a management team to pick up on. Most times it's not until the song, book etc have been put into the public domain where people can read it or listen to it that you get the feedback "I've read this or heard this before". The key is how you handle the matter when it comes to light. If ZZ has already made an apology for it, then he's made the right move. I really don't believe this one incidence is going to a have "major" impact on his career. It may have "dented" it a little, but that can certainly be fixed with a good PR team.

Yes, plagiarism is quite hard to pick up when the song is not release yet and until the public review is out. But in ZZ's case, it's different. It's not some melody or 3 second music sound the same, but the lyrics is exactly the same. There sentences I believe is almost the same. I didn't know in ZZ case, what will happen though. Because I experience the same things with G-Dragon (big bang) when he got accused for plagiarism for his famous song Heartbreaker (He's already hella popular this time so maybe the controversy were handle differently). But then it got quite and settled. Maybe the problem is that ZZ not credited any lyrics of this song to the original artist. He might be clueless about this plagiarism things because he's a new artist what you expect from him? He's just a fan and that is what fans always do without realising though. We cannot blame him. The damage had been done. But their PR team need to come and settle this professionally. ZZ already apologised. I'm glad. But the antis still won't let him go off so easily. It will not have a major impact, yes. I hope he will changed the lyrics or not used the song in his album. Either one. I don't know how music entertainment work, if he can still use the same song but change the lyrics? We will see.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, skeletonworks said:

http://t.cn/RqLF7QB

Can some kind soul translate what Johnny joked about and all the fans laughed? His agent then jokingly slapped him.

A fan was making small talk and complimenting the purple-haired assistant for having slimmed down. JY then piped in and said "When has Jiejie ever been plump before?!" and everyone laughed.

Edit: He said it in a tone that indicates he is not defending her but teasing. That's why the lady slapped him jokingly.

• Like 22

9 minutes ago, Soohee ssi said:

Yes, plagiarism is quite hard to pick up when the song is not release yet and until the public review is out. But in ZZ's case, it's different. It's not some melody or 3 second music sound the same, but the lyrics is exactly the same. There sentences I believe is almost the same. I didn't know in ZZ case, what will happen though. Because I experience the same things with G-Dragon (big bang) when he got accused for plagiarism for his famous song Heartbreaker (He's already hella popular this time so maybe the controversy were handle differently). But then it got quite and settled. Maybe the problem is that ZZ not credited any lyrics of this song to the original artist. He might be clueless about this plagiarism things because he's a new artist what you expect from him? He's just a fan and that is what fans always do without realising though. We cannot blame him. The damage had been done. But their PR team need to come and settle this professionally. ZZ already apologised. I'm glad. But the antis still won't let him go off so easily. It will not have a major impact, yes. I hope he will changed the lyrics or not used the song in his album. Either one. I don't know how music entertainment work, if he can still use the same song but change the lyrics? We will see.

I agree! He's new to the industry and still learning. Unfortunately, he's learning the hard way, what he can and can't do. I don't think we should linger on what people should have done. What's done is done and you can't change the past. It's what happens from now and going forward that matters.

As for the song, it really depends on what agreement if any, they can come to the with the original artist. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

Should ZZ have known better, probably, but until we hear directly from ZZ about what happened and why, we're just going to be speculating. I'm not a big fan of "speculation" I don't know much about his management team or whether they should be fired. I think we should wait and see how they handle the situation.

Edit: OK, i've just read about why he did it. OK, he made a mistake and he's owned up to it. Show me someone who hasn't make a mistake and i'll show you a liar.

My point is there are so many filters, how did this'mistake' get through. He might be new, but support team has to be experienced. "Mistakes" only pile up. A simple acknoledgement would have avoided this whole controversy. It's zhou's CV not anyone else. I understand that you feel protective about Zhou adn arguing for him. But, that is not going to solve the situation. To be honest, he is getting into a lot of problems and needs to solve the situation. I am trying to find a solution here. Thats the only think that will benefit him. Instead of "speculating " about some unseen hateful entity, we have to focus on the stuff visible here. and what is visible is the repeated failur eof his management team. He needs to fire his team and hire someone more professional to manage him, that is my whole point.  

• Like 2

Guest skeletonworks
6 minutes ago, purpleedamame said:

A fan was making small talk and complimenting the purple-haired assistant for having slimmed down. JY then piped in and said "When has Jiejie ever been plump before?!" and everyone laughed.

Edit: He said it in a tone that indicates he is not defending her but teasing. That's why the lady slapped him jokingly.

Aww this is cute!!! I love the interaction between fans and him and his agent. Thanks for translating!!

Johnny is so quick witted and funny and likes to tease people. He has great sense of humour. One of the qualities I like about him <3

1 hour ago, kmmyzz said:

Amidst the negativity and baseless rumors, I'll drop this english-subbed version of ZZ's solo interview

Ah, thank you so much! And thank you Lovely things. 

I love this interview! All these questions about Addicted and JY, providing us with so many goodies. And I just LOVE how ZZ takes it all in stride. How can you not love this guy? He's an absolute darling. 

I wish we all could refrain from posting rumours. When there's real news, let's discuss that then. As far as I can, see we know hardly anything about anything right now (except that ZZ 'borrowed' some lyrics). Everything is blown out of proportion. So, I'll just wait for proper news now. 

And meanwhile I'll enjoy this interview! Where ZZ calls JY 'macho and domineering'. Ha! :)

Edited by charlie10
Edited to say 'how can you NOT love this guy'... of course.
  • Like 15

5 minutes ago, swong2330 said:

My point is there are so many filters, how did this'mistake' get through. He might be new, but support team has to be experienced. "Mistakes" only pile up. A simple acknoledgement would have avoided this whole controversy. It's zhou's CV not anyone else. I understand that you feel protective about Zhou adn arguing for him. But, that is not going to solve the situation. To be honest, he is getting into a lot of problems and needs to solve the situation. I am trying to find a solution here. Thats the only think that will benefit him. Instead of "speculating " about some unseen hateful entity, we have to focus on the stuff visible here. and what is visible is the repeated failur eof his management team. He needs to fire his team and hire someone more professional to manage him, that is my whole point.  

I agree and get your point completely. You're probably right about me trying to shield him a little. I've had dealing with the entertainment industry, especially in Asia, and he's a newbie. Either that or it's my "mothering" nature coming to the front, even though i'm under 30 and male. B)

• Like 7

Probably just gonna lurk and read anything informative in here if the negativity/rumors are still being spread in this thread. Or maybe I'll drop some gif or pictures or videos related to our beloved boys.

Also let me be in my delusional self that JY flew to Beijing to be at ZZ's side to comfort him and make him feel better

• Like 19

Guest skeletonworks

814090b3jw1f2jxkvun6hj212u18gwjh.jpg

Cr: 硫磺大雾

I saw fancams where Johnny put the monkey toy inside his sweatshirt pocket with its head protruding. So adorable. Ugh! Can he not be so cute?! Such a big boy with cute monkey toy hanging out from his sweatshirt. My feeling cannot...

Edit: Oh this account draw a lot of cute whale aaahhhhhhhhhhh