2 hours ago, ryansparks1982 said:

@bidubudu is that a Jinkx Monsoon quote?! 

Wahaha! That's where I learnt it, but it's such an effective simile for how one should treat negative things that are outside of one's circle of influence. 

I'm starting my project on transcribing Moonlight for solo piano hehe. For anyone who missed it, here's my previous transcription! 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, xix19xix said:

Actually, in ancient China, Japan and Korea, bisexuality is rather common. Many emperors in the Han Dynasty have male companions and female concubines for example. Homosexuality is common within the samurai class in Japan. Amongst the peasant, in Fujian province, there used to be a practice of marriage between an older man with a younger man. All these are mediated by the modern influence of Western culture, particularly from Abrahamic religion and Western economic model that favours nuclear family. Of course, Confucianism focus on having the next generation as the most important form of filial piety also plays a huge part. Although, in ancient China, as long as you have children, Confucianism doesn't really care too much about whether you have a male playmate or not. 

Relationships that are not cisgender are deemed as "abnormal" for much of the 20th century and was only being seen as normal 15 years ago in China. The "good" news about China is that they placed a lot of faith in science. Hence, over time I think it is very likely that they will accept homosexuality, at least faster than more religiously conservative countries in the world. The more important thing is that the authorities must be made to be seen as "enlightened" to do so. Face is after all most important to Chinese.

Well said. BTW in occidental area, bisex was banned only from the moment when marriage allowed the female part to inheritate from the male part. This happened around the 4th century in Europe. Bisex AND fooling around. Just because this could ruin the transmission of the goods. This could mark the beginning (of the end) of capitalism.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, sixte said:

Could you have access to Taka's original lines to compare with ZZ's ? For example, does the wording "heartZ" is in it ?

OOR's song goes:

Just give me a reason
To keep my heart beating
Don't worry it's safe right here in my arms

it's used in the beginning of the song and used again somewhere in the middle like a chorus1. then there's a line with same melody, like a chorus2.

IRBYE:

Just give me a reason
To keep my heart beating
Don't worry it's safe now, you're right here in my arms

in IRYE, it is also part of the chorus but the second half of the chorus. that red part is the difference in it. and it's sang differently in each song. hmmmm, idk what to say about it anymore.

that "heartz" you mention in not part of the line that ZZ copied. and it sounded with a 'z' at the end because of his accent.

• Like 4

@akira1221oorOh richard simmons. And they say: hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Well, despite rumour, that clicked better than any of my theories. Especially explaining on the suddenness of the initial attack.

While I am not familiar with OOR, after hearing the song for the first time, several members here and other at IG directly stated that the lyrics use several lines from OOR's song. At that time, we just laughed and thought that was a form of ZZ's fanboysm. We all know that ZZ is a fan of OOR. Again, ZZ's mistake was he did not credit the tribute when he released the song.

• Like 14

Good morning everyone! While we quietly talk amongst ourselves about all of the possibilities behind the numerous attempts to hang ZZ out to dry, has anyone checked the yanyuan site to see how our boys are doing? Well check this out:

img]

Just sending out some positive vibes to the community :). Currently JY is at 4th place so let's keep voting! 

• Like 18

7 minutes ago, bidubudu said:

I'm starting my project on transcribing Moonlight for solo piano hehe. For anyone who missed it, here's my previous transcription! 

OMG yess, thank you, I am searching for it. Btw, do you have pdf version of the music sheet?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soohee ssi said:

True to all of this. You speak my mind. When I was talking to my friends ( which is QingYu fans) and now also a Yuzhou fans. She told me that if JY and ZZ have nothing with each other that means ZZ have no armour. She worried about ZZ too. We have exactly this kind of talk before this storm coming, I can't even think properly now how much we were right about it. I understand now, eventhough if they have anything going on, JY can protect ZZ in public like what Wangqing did to Jianyu ( you know people attacking Jianyu because of his looks). And that makes me so sad. 

I think Qingge's persona is completely different from JY. he is way extroverted and dominating. He would thrash someone openly if they so much as think about hurting JianYu. and you are right. He did protect JianYu like never seen before, one celeb openly thrashing antifan to protect another celeb. That is unprecedented.

Jingyu, on the other hand, is very different. HE is introverted, keeps feelings to himself. I dont know if he will open up personality wise. And it is too risky right now for him to do anything like that, him trying to protect ZZ and everything. 

Plus, Qing's PR team is awesome. they were able to manage every controversy like a pro, without harming the career of the boys. Even after that incident, with Dayu's antifan,  Qing never had to apologize for anything because his team had a good control over the situation. But, Jingyu is rather new in this industry and honestly, I think his management team  is the worse. Even ZZ's. I mean they have not one ounce of idea how to control anything. There fans are hurting them physically, they are getting all sorts of stupid controversies. Gosh! Can someone please fire their management team? Gosh!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

While I am not familiar with OOR, after hearing the song for the first time, several members here and other at IG directly stated that the lyrics use several lines from OOR's song. At that time, we just laughed and thought that was a form of ZZ's fanboysm. We all know that ZZ is a fan of OOR. Again, ZZ's mistake was he did not crediting the tribute when he released the song.

that's the best way to treat it. fanboys will understand fanboys. it's not like ZZ is competing with OOR and stealing their stuff. as an artist you gotta have influences. and in this song OOR's influence on his songwriting has really showed. and if I'm not mistaken, a friend posted the chords of the song right? was it posted a long time ago? and people reposted/dug it up? if yes, then IRYE was written a long time ago. heavy fanboy mode moments. lol

• Like 9

My other two pence (haha, got a lot experience as a fangirl) , stay away from rumors, stay away from every damn richard simmons rumor. Dont bash or trash anyone just based on rumors, that s the worst thing u can do to your boys. Just keep spreading their love and your love towards them shere their videos,pics, gifs, fancams etc. the real things, adn stay the richard simmons away fromm rumors. Cuz runmors hurt more than real stuff.

• Like 5

Yes, in my opinion, those bad news and scandals have a more negative impacts on ZZ, compared to JY, and I find that those scandals mainly point at ZZ. JY has participated in many live programs, photoshoot, and game show, he even host a program as a permanent cast and a representative of a fashion brand. But what about ZZ? Everything he has done is accompanied with obstacles. Unlike JY who had said that if he couldnt develope his career in Cbiz, he would quit and travel around the world, he is a free-spirited person. But for ZZ, he is very multi-talented and artist, maybe it runs in his family as his father is a drummer as well, he can perform dance sport, sing and act. He is pursuing his one and only dream. He's got fame now, and if someday he lost his fame and could not fulfill his dream, could you imagine how hurt he may feel?? I always think that artists are very sensitive and wild in mind. Because of that, I am upset when thinking about the pressure ZZ has to put up with, not to mention his feeling.

• Like 23

6 hours ago, xix19xix said:

Hi. It's been about two days since I last posted. I got wind of the rumours of JY and ZZ ban from Chinese TV then but I chose not to post it here. I see that it has since generated a "tsunami" here. From what I can gather, the latest news is most likely fake. It is either a joke or sarcastic post by someone within his wechat group discussion that has since spread like wildfire until this obscure news agency picked it up. Besides, this latest news even involve DOTS and that would be very odd. Unless Chinese wants to destroy its service and creative industry at a time where it's manufacturing sector is teetering, it is highly likely to be just an sarcastic post. Even the first news (many many many threads back) was not from an official source. Even though Sina is a major news agency, it was written as a rumour, and not as an announcement. Let's wait for the official news. :) 

JY has been extraordinarily quiet in the past day. He had not posted on Weibo for 8 days. ZZ had to post something in response to an accusation that he plagiarised someone else work for his latest English song. It seems to be a tough time for them. I am atheist and do not believe that prayer works. But I think fans' support will give them strength to pull through.

Nevertheless, I am quietly confident that there are people within SARFT or close to SARFT who would be sharing the pros and cons of such absolute moves. There will be people who can see that at this stage of the Chinese economic development, the best option for peace, social stability and prosperity is to cater to the varying needs of the people. At the same time, they would know that this is an opportunity to exert their influence around the world through soft power and gain goodwill. When is the last time you see Koreans chasing after Chinese stars? So it is a battle between the old guards who believe in maintaining control over economic progress versus those who believe that the best control is to cater to different needs.

There will also be those who know that if China wants to be seen as "culturally close" to Taiwan and Hong Kong, and to win back some of the hearts of young Hong Konger and Taiwanese, they cannot be too radical in their censorship. It is not so simple, especially when you are talking about the two hottest show right now in China i.e. DOTS and Addicted Web Series. There will be a lot more angry people than the censorships that they had previously done... The Chinese government wants a "harmonious" society. Generating too much public anger is not something they want. They should also realise that the young in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan actually have pretty similar tastes and values, which is one of the ways, they can tap on to keep the independence movement in check.

I hope that the more socially progressive Li Keqiang and others like him can influence SARFT to adopt a more moderate position. We will know after the Qing Ming holidays(which is from 2nd to 4th April). In the meantime, please stay calm and strong, everyone.

I 10000% agree with everything you said. Banning addicted isn't going to do China any favours at all. If anything, it'll make them look non-progressive which isn't what they want. I also knew that the SARFT thing was fake because they would never in a million years inhibit DOS promotions lol that would involve Korean broadcasting companies too and I highly doubt they would make things that messy.

I also think that there should be education in place for Taiwan and Hong Kong in mainland schools. Education fosters understanding and understanding in the young generation will ultimately lead to a more cooperative and harmonious future between the three. My parents are from Hong Kong, but they don't really have any objections to mainland China lol I guess it's because my grandparents are from Southern China (Guangdong and Fujian provinces). I can speak and understand Cantonese, but unfortunately I can't comprehend Mandarin OTL if I knew Mandarin id be translating videos left and right haha

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, zhouboy said:

OOR's song goes:

Just give me a reason
To keep my heart beating
Don't worry it's safe right here in my arms

it's used in the beginning of the song and used again somewhere in the middle like a chorus1. then there's a line with same melody, like a chorus2.

IRBYE:

Just give me a reason
To keep my heart beating
Don't worry it's safe now, you're right here in my arms

in IRYE, it is also part of the chorus but the second half of the chorus. that red part is the difference in it. and it's sang differently in each song. hmmmm, idk what to say about it anymore.

that "heartz" you mention in not part of the line that ZZ copied. and it sounded with a 'z' at the end because of his accent.

Yea. The wording of both are just too identical and close together. That's what's caused the problem. The problem will be resolved and the situation will die down eventually. I don't think it's a big a deal as some people are making it out to be.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, swong2330 said:

I think Qingge's persona is completely different from JY. he is way extroverted and dominating. He would thrash someone openly if they so much as think about hurting JianYu. and you are right. He did protect JianYu like never seen before, one celeb openly thrashing antifan to protect another celeb. That is unprecedented.

Jingyu, on the other hand, is very different. HE is introverted, keeps feelings to himself. I dont know if he will open up personality wise. And it is too risky right now for him to do anything like that, him trying to protect ZZ and everything. 

Plus, Qing's PR team is awesome. they were able to manage every controversy like a pro, without harming the career of the boys. Even after that incident, with Dayu's antifan,  Qing never had to apologize for anything because his team had a good control over the situation. But, Jingyu is rather new in this industry and honestly, I think his management team  is the worse. Even ZZ's. I mean they have not one ounce of idea how to control anything. There fans are hurting them physically, they are getting all sorts of stupid controversies. Gosh! Can someone please fire their management team? Gosh!

I didn't know about Wangqing much but my friend is all over him. So yeah. She told me about their personality a bit so I knew a little about him though. I means Jingyu is protective but not in a open way. He can't risky his popularity right now as much he want to protect ZZ ( I believe ) . This is the road they wanted to take, no matter what, they know it's coming. The rumours, the hate, the storm. They knew it will happen. But their management team is bad. They so helpless and clueless and can't even protect their own artist. Like a plagiarism controversies. As much I love ZZ, plagiarism is a serious thing and they should know about it beforehand. This is not a playground thing where you can hurt your friend's knee and make a apologize to it and it will be forget. This is entertainment industry where so many harsh things happen, people will bring you down in a second with your simple mistake or move you make. I'm so sad that it coming like this. ZZ have so much talent in him yet this controversies will bring his image down to mud. He's so talented and I believe 'someone' have power behind his controversies. Someone feel threated. And this 'someone' knew that their management team is helpless, it kind of easier to bring him down. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, swong2330 said:

Can anyone post Zhou's latin dance video link here?? or any other dance video.?

His old videos or the recent interview one?

These are short clips of the recent interview
Latin Dance:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDqKXK2PomK/

Random Dance P1:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDqeS1HPokL/
Random Dance P2:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BDqRaq-Pol1/

• Like 5