9 minutes ago, Kim Soo-Lee said:

I agree and get your point completely. You're probably right about me trying to shield him a little. I've had dealing with the entertainment industry, especially in Asia, and he's a newbie. Either that or it's my "mothering" nature coming to the front, even though i'm under 30 and male. B)

Males under 30 are fully capable of maternal instincts, haha. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kmmyzz said:

Amidst the negativity and baseless rumors, I'll drop this english-subbed version of ZZ's solo interview

Heiiiiii guys:)

So i have watched the interview many times and i must say the interviewer was greattt.

And a lot of the time they were speaking about jingyu!!

can someone tell me how yuzhou relationship looks from the interview!! Heheheh i hope we have private detectives here

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, swong2330 said:

My point is there are so many filters, how did this'mistake' get through. He might be new, but support team has to be experienced. "Mistakes" only pile up. A simple acknoledgement would have avoided this whole controversy. It's zhou's CV not anyone else. I understand that you feel protective about Zhou adn arguing for him. But, that is not going to solve the situation. To be honest, he is getting into a lot of problems and needs to solve the situation. I am trying to find a solution here. Thats the only think that will benefit him. Instead of "speculating " about some unseen hateful entity, we have to focus on the stuff visible here. and what is visible is the repeated failur eof his management team. He needs to fire his team and hire someone more professional to manage him, that is my whole point.  

I'm afraid firing his team doesn't solve the problem much. In such a short time where can he find another team and ensure this team will be better than current one? Think about it, ZZ is a newbie in this showbiz, does he have the power of firing the whole team without discussing to his company lol. What if he has more hatred and sabotage that come from those fired employees? So retiring his team is a big fat no for me atm. He can always change his team later but not now. 

For damage control, ZZ and his team should remove either the lyrics or the whole song from his album. I'm not sure if crediting the source in album cover will help, but that is the minimum thing they have to do to save this scandal. 

To some of you here who jump to "plagiarism" ship:

ZZ is at the wrong side for not acknowledging the source soon enough. We don't know whether he'll give credit in the album that will be released later, but yes what he and his team did was totally unprofessional and questionable. There is a fine line between tribute and plagiarism, except the first one credits its source. However, I have to say it's not very convincing to think ZZ plagiarised on purpose. Its not even worth doing so. Why? Coz he has been putting his admiration for OOR in the sun since predebut. In fact, I've been listening to OOR (not a hardcore fan tho) and I knew immediately some lyrics are from the song "The Beginning" since the very first date ZZ released IRYE coz ZZ keeps mentioning about them!! Besides, when people talk about plagiarism in music, it's more about plagiarism of the beat, base, tempo, arrangement instead of the lyrics. Lyrics has always been considered the "easiest" part of the song. It takes less effort to make and at the same time it's the most obvious thing to be recognised when it comes to plagiarism. 

• Like 8

17 hours ago, swong2330 said:

My point is there are so many filters, how did this'mistake' get through. He might be new, but support team has to be experienced. "Mistakes" only pile up. A simple acknoledgement would have avoided this whole controversy. It's zhou's CV not anyone else. I understand that you feel protective about Zhou adn arguing for him. But, that is not going to solve the situation. To be honest, he is getting into a lot of problems and needs to solve the situation. I am trying to find a solution here. Thats the only think that will benefit him. Instead of "speculating " about some unseen hateful entity, we have to focus on the stuff visible here. and what is visible is the repeated failur eof his management team. He needs to fire his team and hire someone more professional to manage him, that is my whole point.  

I actually wanted to stop writing about this matter but I feel the need to reply you.

Let's start with this. There's a need to differentiate homage and plagiarism. Homage art is something that's commonly happened and if an artist is paying homage to another artist, it doesn't have legal consequences and it won't be punishable under law. If it cannot be seen as an infringement of copyright, nor can it be seen as a plagiarism, then it's a tribute.

These are the three requisites if an artist pay a homage or if he's plagiarized something :

• If parts of the work have been taken, but the rest of the work is original, it's not considered plagiarism
  • If the subject of the homage is a known artist who people know by the mention of their name, it's not considered plagiarism
  • Finally, the work must show respect to original artist, if not then it's considered plagiarism

If one fulfills these three requisites, it won't be considered as plagiarism. Now if you received someone's permission, it of course won't be considered as plagiarism. Actually you aren't even legally obligated to mention the subject of the homage. But of course to be safe (and from common courtesy) you still need to mention it since there's a very fine line between plagiarism and homage.

In ZZ's case, the management team allowed ZZ to pay homage to One OK Rock since he's a big fan of them. This is not considered as plagiarism and it's not wrong to create a homage art. The one thing that ZZ did wrong here is when he released this song, he thought that for a teaser he didn't need to mention One OK Rock. I'm sure he would mention One OK Rock later in the album but this created a chance for haters/competitors to attack him. What he did is really not the smartest move but legally however he's still not in the wrong and still not punishable by law especially if he do mention One OK Rock later in the album.

Of course people who don't understand this are quick to label it as plagiarism and are quick to hate him. Again I repeat, there's a difference between plagiarism and homage. In my opinion, it should be fine to put this song later in the album. It's a homage art. Why shouldn't he be allowed to pay homage to his most favorite and beloved artist? Just be sure to mention One OK Rock in the album later. Just my 2 cents on this.

• Like 22

23 minutes ago, kmmyzz said:

Also let me be in my delusional self that JY flew to Beijing to be at ZZ's side to comfort him and make him feel better

What do you mean by delusional!? That is the fact! The fact! My crystal orb says so!!! :w00t::lol::wub:

• Like 18

5 minutes ago, yuzhoulover said:

So i have watched the interview many times and i must say the interviewer was greattt.

And a lot of the time they were speaking about jingyu!!

And the dance part , the dance is so cute:wub:!

Here's more beautiful fan art.

Spoiler

This one, LOL!

Our cute FS

• Like 16

Pain and pleasure (painful and joyful were his words) - according to ZZ and JY. :)

Pain (oh, how I can NOT get over how JY just throws him around like that. And how ZZ just lets him!):

giphy.gif

Pleasure ( ;) ):

giphy.gif

I see where 'macho and domineering' is coming from... I hope this flipping BLY over is in the cut scenes. It's just very sexy, somehow.

I love that ZZ in the interview says letting JY train jiujitsu on him was joyful because "when two persons are together, getting along and fooling around..." Aww, ZZ, does he not know how that sounds? 

• Like 22

12 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

What do you mean by delusional!? That is the fact! The fact! My crystal orb says so!!! :w00t::lol::wub:

I think some fans said JY will be in Beijing until 7th of April before heading back to Shanghai and ZZ will head to Shenzhen on 8th of April? Do they have any schedules in Beijing that JY gonna stay that long because my delusional heart is tingling :wub:

• Like 17

Sorry for harping this over and over. But, does someone have that Zhou's latin dance video, the old one with a girl, professional. His dance is impeccable and I havent seen asian celebs doing latin dance and I myself know a lil bit. I want to watch him do that again.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kmmyzz said:

I think some fans said JY will be in Beijing until 7th of April before heading back to Shanghai and ZZ will head to Shenzhen on 8th of April? Do they have any schedules in Beijing that JY gonna stay that long because my delusional heart is tingling :wub:

Believe in our spiderman's shippers' sense, my friend!

*delulu mode off* partially

well considering how close they are during both HC and RFT2, it is far reached not to conclude that they wont be meeting somehow. Just they wont meet in public, where fans can take fancam and all, to the plight of our shippers' hearts LOL.

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

What do you mean by delusional!? That is the fact! The fact! My crystal orb says so!!

13 minutes ago, kmmyzz said:

I think some fans said JY will be in Beijing until 7th of April before heading back to Shanghai and ZZ will head to Shenzhen on 8th of April? Do they have any schedules in Beijing that JY gonna stay that long because my delusional heart is tingling

Oh yeah, delusional mode on!

Anyone found latest photo of zz and cw?

@swong2330 is this the one you looking for ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5igUVdzxI4&feature=youtu.be

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, liesl said:

I actually wanted to stop writing about this matter but I feel the need to reply to you.

Let's start with this. There's a need to differentiate homage and plagiarism. Homage art is something that's commonly happened and if an artist is paying homage to another artist, it doesn't have legal consequences and it won't be punishable under law. So if it cannot be seen as an infringement of copyright, nor can it be seen as a plagiarism, then it's a tribute.

These are the three requisites if an artist pay a homage or if he's plagiarized something :

• If parts of the work have been taken, but the rest of the work is original, it's not considered plagiarism
  • If the subject of the homage is a known artist who people know by the mention of their name, it's not considered plagiarism
  • Finally, the work must show respect to original artist, if not then it's considered plagiarism

If one fulfills these requisites, it won't be considered as plagiarism but of course you still need to mention the name of the homage artist. Now if you received someone's permission though, you aren't even legally obligated to mention the artist's name.

In ZZ's case, the management team allowed ZZ to pay homage to One OK Rock since he's a big fan of them. This is not considered as a plagiarism and it's not wrong to create a homage art. The one thing that ZZ did wrong here is when he released this song, he thought that for a teaser he didn't need to mention One OK Rock. I'm sure he would mention One OK Rock later in the album but this created a chance for haters/competitors to attack him. What he did is really not the smartest move but legally however he's still not wrong and still not punishable if he do mention One OK Rock later in the album.

Of course people who don't understand this are quick to label it as plagiarism and are quick to hate him. Again I repeat, there's a difference between plagiarism and homage.

Yea. There's a very fine line between the two, which is why some high profile cases end up being resolved in the courts. I certainly don't thing this is one of them. If you take any part of some else work, no matter how small, you should always either get permission or give credit. It's common courtesy. I think some people are blowing the whole situation out of proportion and it will eventually calm down.

And that's my last comment on the subject. :)

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, charlie10 said:

I hope this flipping BLY over is in the cut scenes. It's just very sexy, somehow.

It should be included in the cut scene. It is the Christmas Eve's scene, where initially BLY kisses GH but then GH flips him and everything gets naughtier from there.

15 minutes ago, charlie10 said:

I love that ZZ in the interview says letting JY train jiujitsu on him was joyful because "when two persons are together, getting along and fooling around..." Aww, ZZ, does he not know how that sounds? 

Haha. I think that ZZ was not aware that for regular, normal buddies, being the object of jiu jitsu practice can not be considered as "pleasurable experience"! He got that stunned look as if "wait, so it is strange for me to feel pleasure from being target of jiu jitsu?" when the host probe on why he felt pleasure from that activity.

• Like 21

Some of you might remember that during Johnny's 'existential crisis' aka when he released a recording of himself singing that sad, sad song, I wrote link removed to bring some intimate perspective on what I thought he was going through. And, although it was quite the challenge as I'm a lot less like ZZ and a lot more like JY, I decided to write a piece in light of all the drama Zhouzhou is currently facing.

Summary:
For as long as Zhouzhou could remember, he had always tried to find the positive or be the positive in everything and every situation.
OR
(My take on) Zhouzhou's life as he faces what seems to be everyone working against him.

Link: link removed

5UiRddn.jpg

Excerpt:

fanfiction removed

I can't contribute anything to this thread but my thoughts which, more often than not, are better expressed in the form of pieces of fiction. I hope everyone smiles ^_^

• Like 23

1 hour ago, guhai said:

Some of you might remember that during Johnny's 'existential crisis' aka when he released a recording of him singing that sad, sad song, I wrote Jingyu, Lost at Sea to bring some intimate perspective on what I thought he was going through. And, although it was quite the challenge as I'm a lot less like ZZ and a lot more like JY, I decided to write a piece in light of all the drama Zhouzhou is currently facing.

Summary:
For as long as Zhouzhou could remember, he had always tried to find the positive or be the positive in everything and every situation.
OR
(My take on) Zhouzhou's life as he faces what seems to be everyone working against him.

Link: Zhouzhou, Happy in Hell

Excerpt:

I can't contribute anything to this thread but my thoughts which, more often than not, are better expressed in the form of pieces of fiction. I hope everyone smiles ^_^

I remember that song, it made me extremely sad when he sang that Lonelier than Before.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, gayyoxx said:

It should be included in the cut scene. It is the Christmas Eve's scene, where initially BLY kisses GH but then GH flips him and everything gets naughtier from there.

Haha. I think that ZZ was not aware that for regular, normal buddies, being the object of jiu jitsu practice can not be considered as "pleasurable experience"! He got that stunned look as if "wait, so it is strange for me to feel pleasure from being target of jiu jitsu?" when the host probe on why he felt pleasure from that activity.

That DVD really can't come fast enough. (How many times have I said that now? Heh.)

And yes! Ha! I love that ZZ doesn't filter his answers. He's new to being interviewed like this, so he hasn't learned any 'pat' answers to questions like this. ZZ just tries to answer truthfully. It's really terribly, terribly sweet. So he truthfully enjoyed being domineered (physically - not mentally/emotionally. I believe ZZ has the upper hand there) by JY. 

I love also that ZZ says that by the end of filming they WERE their characters. In all seriousness, I really wonder  what he means by that. Because I wonder if that also means he FELT like BLY. And I wonder if such feelings may have lingered. Regardless of sexuality, I mean. I wonder if it got confusing, at the end. I know, professional actors and all that, but it's interesting to speculate.

• Like 17

I have remotely heard the arguments about "plagiarism" for ZZ’s song
 « Remember Your Eyes »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3EhSUwC-WQ

It obviously has nothing to do with plagiarism. It is a simple and short quote, that is it.
About that sort of mess we say in french :
« Il n’y a pas de quoi fouetter un chat » (Nothing here to whip a cat)
knowing what animal is associated to ZZ.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, guhai said:

Some of you might remember that during Johnny's 'existential crisis' aka when he released a recording of himself singing that sad, sad song, I wrote Jingyu, Lost at Sea to bring some intimate perspective on what I thought he was going through. And, although it was quite the challenge as I'm a lot less like ZZ and a lot more like JY, I decided to write a piece in light of all the drama Zhouzhou is currently facing.

Summary:
OR

Link: Zhouzhou, Happy in Hell

Hi, I leaked while reading this. I know I should've comment on aff instead, but my username embarrasses me every single time so I'll just be a silent reader in aff and leave the comment here ;-; Probably since I imagined as if I read ZZ's diary/thoughts, it gets deep in me that I want to give him a long comforting hug, a shoulder to cry on. Hopefully he'll feel better by tomorrow, his vitamin has arrived in the same city he's in :) 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, kmmyzz said:

Amidst the negativity and baseless rumors, I'll drop this english-subbed version of ZZ's solo interview

that was a fantastic interview! i love the focus on addicted and am so happy that zz is still fervently promoting his "signature work" :D i wish jy could have been there too, or at least get similar interviews...

zz's answer to the question "do you mind being seen as a cp" is case close on the matter about shipping. he gets it. if he minded or wanted to distance himself from the cp culture he would have looked real silly for taking on this genre lol

and most importantly, the release date for walk slowly mv is soon!! i'm so excited to see gh/bly again sobs

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, charlie10 said:

That DVD really can't come fast enough. (How many times have I said that now? Heh.)

And yes! Ha! I love that ZZ doesn't filter his answers. He's new to being interviewed like this, so he hasn't learned any 'pat' answers to questions like this. ZZ just tries to answer truthfully. It's really terribly, terribly sweet. So he truthfully enjoyed being domineered (physically - not mentally/emotionally. I believe ZZ has the upper hand there) by JY. 

I love also that ZZ says that by the end of filming they WERE their characters. In all seriousness, I really wonder  what he means by that. Because I wonder if that also means he FELT like BLY. And I wonder if such feelings may have lingered. Regardless of sexuality, I mean. I wonder if it got confusing, at the end. I know, professional actors and all that, but it's interesting to speculate.

Suddenly reminded of something I read long before, Idk if I can still find the source but as far as what I remember, JY posted a weibo update when he first read the script, with a picture of him and ZZ and captioned it as "The novel is really good. Bai Luoyin, you're foolish."

Then, ZZ reposted it and added "Look at who's the one calling me stupid". And almost at the end of December, JY updated his weibo again, with a picture of him and a back view of ZZ in a place that looked like their filming set, and he captioned it as "I really don't want it to end".

JY probably enjoyed filming Addicted so much, and maybe is emotionally attached to his character as, from what he said, Gu Hai is like the carbon copy of himself.

• Like 24