4 hours ago, BLFANS said:

mainland accept gay series to on air in china.
chinese people please confirm this news.
if it's true, this is good news for you.
Addicted Web series can on air in china again .

Unfortunately this is only partly true. Seems a Chinese gay-themed film from 2014, Seek McCartney, has managed to obtain a release in China. But apparently, this is just an individual decision in this particular case, and should not be taken as a change of approach toward gay films etc. But it does mean that it's not impossible! And that it's completely whimsical, what gets censored and what not... Here's hoping someone - on a whim - decides Addicted is okeydokey. :)

The newsreport:

Spoiler

From towleroad:

China’s first gay-themed commercial film will soon have a cinema release after bypassing the country’s strict censorship laws.

Directed by Wang Chao, Seek McCartney is a romance about a secret relationship between a Chinese and a French man.

First presented at the 2014 Cannes Film Festival, the film’s theme is officially described as “the fourth category of love.”

The director called the cinema release “a small step for the regulator, and a big step for filmmakers.”

However, the decision should not to be taken as a sign of more openness from the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television, according to Quartz. Earlier this month we reported that China banned all programming depicting gay couples after the removal of gay high school drama Addicted from streaming services.

Fan Popo, an LGBT filmmaker and rights activist, said “the fact that this film can be released in theaters doesn’t mean gay films in the future will be able to released in China.” He also warned that Chinese censors have an “unstable” process that largely depends on “the individual censor’s whims.” Mama Rainbow, his documentary about young gay Chinese people and their parents was removed from the internet days after Seek McCartney was approved. A later challenge to the ban on Mama Rainbow was, however, successful.

• Like 13

Took me forever to catch up with you guys today, but I love you all so much:wub:. I rewatched the lick (ahem) scene a thousand times and it feels like I am actually watching a scene from a romantic movie. I love your analysis and you pointed out so many thing I didn't notice first. 

I can't find the vid now, but someone posted a bit longer fancam vid of HC few pages ago. Toward the end of the clip the guys are standing in a circle and chatting. Probably it was after the shooting finished. One thing I noticed is that JY starts fooling around with a guy, even touching him. Seeing this ZZ's looks like he becomes tensed and he even turns away as though avoid watching the cheerful interaction of the two. The guys are quite far away on the vid, so I had to rewatch it few times to make sure ZZ is ZZ :) 

• Like 16

42 minutes ago, charlie10 said:

Oh the wonders of slow-motion! So here are all the gifs for those of you who want to study this forever (I made the boys a come a little closer too. Heh):

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

Your gifs are so helpful for further analysis by our gurus here, thank you! Also, legend says JY was having a hard time controlling little JY during HC... I wonder if it's somehow because of ZZ?

Also, I want to share some excerpt from YY Interview regarding JY&ZZ and intimate scene.

MC: How was it while filming the intimate scene? For example, do you feel tingly as the rush of emotions hit in a flash?
ZZ: *hesitates for few moment* I need some time to think...
JY: Should I bring back the emotions?
ZZ: Yes... We did. It's no longer acting by the time. We wanted to show how our bodies heated up due to the arousal. It's just another kind of dedication (to act), right?
JY: The fiery lust just hit us like that
ZZ: It was the same for me too
JY: Even if we wanted to deny, our body reactions can't lie

I can conclude that no matter how hard they try to hide their sweet interactions, their eyes/involuntary movements never lie :)

• Like 20

@elppaYes, I also remember that JY said he treasures the tingling feeling of unspoken love. I want to write this on Love that Bloom.

Could you share your thought on the matter I put in the spoiler? 

Spoiler

At first I thought the "tingling feeling of unspoken love" is when two people know they have crush with each other but have not declared it/made confession/committed in spoken relationship. After the love declaration, some of the suspense of "did he or did he not" will be gone. The more secure their relationship is, the less suspense that they will feel to the point of some established couple think that their relationship is boring.

Do you think JY will also think that "the more commitment = less excitement"? If he does, that will make JY-ZZ's relationship "stagnate" at crush level, never progressed to a committed relationship, more so consummated relationship.

@charlie10Thank you for your gifs!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, liesl said:

First of all, the TEAspoon is weird in my opinion no matter how you put it. I live in Europe and have been to Italy and have also been eating pasta all the time. I wouldn't consider myself an expert but I've never EVER had a teaspoon on my dish plates to extract some pulp (what?) from lemon slices. To be honest, I've never even had lemon slices on my plate of pasta but since I think it could also be a decoration, I didn't mention anything about it in my post (I do get lemon slices when I eat fish or steak but never pasta) Lemon in the dish is to my knowledge squeezed on top of the dish to let the juice comes out. Never have I needed to pull out the pulp from lemon slices and why would you even eat it? Have you eaten lemon slices before? Try eating it. It's not refreshing. It's SOUR.

Second of all, if your psychological explanation is correct then he should set the clock earlier than 15 o'clock not later. This has the opposite effect and makes him being late instead. By the way, look at this scene.

And about the go, I wish you luck to find some answers since I'm not familiar with the games so I can't help you with this. ;)

Quite sorry to have to contradict you here. I also live in Europe (I am French), like you I have never seen a teaspoon on my dishplate to extract whatever. But we are here in a Chinese top-of-the-hill supposed restaurant providing the supposed nec-plus-ultra western way of dining (with Chinese conterfeit Bordeaux though !). So, a rational should lay on that and not on what we (you and me at least) could experience at a good restaurant in Milano or Roma (where we should have raped cheese to go with). But suddenly an idea : the teaspoon may be for getting some raped cheese ! Yeah, Hourrah ! But still, we don not see any cup full of raped cheese on the table. Another problem. Too bad...

About the clock, it is you who is puzzled here. When it is 6.00 at the clock and only 5.30 in the real, you wake up in advance and not in late. And both clocks (table and wall) are not connected, so they may welle be deregulated at Hai's convenience as I supposed. You see, I am like Hai, I never admit to be late. And I often deregulate my clocks so as to be at time at my rendez-vous.

About Addicted Go playing boys. I still want an answer from people here who have access to the novel.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, gayyoxx said:

The Body Language of Lips  - --     mjjj

Object of the research: to determine the nature of lips-licking done in this video:

Hide contents

The basic theory:   squealing like mad for these two!! this video is too much..!!!!!! their love, their eye contact to each other... tooo much love from these two... aaaaah.. zhouyu, just 'be together'. you're teasing us like mad here..lol.... my heart is bursting for these two!!!!!!

There are several reasons why someone licks his/her lips. Let us start from the most casual one:

1/ Parched/dry lips. Yes, this happens to most of us. That is why we invent lip balm and its families of lip moisturisers.This kind of lick usually done only on the parched area of the lips (very particular and localised).

2/ Nervousness. When we are on extreme/uncomfortable situation, we might lick our lips to release some tension and reassure ourself. This kind of lick usually quick and when nobody could see, or at least, we think nobody could see us licking our lips because it signify a moment of weakness in our psyche.

3/ Sexual. As @kmmyzz has put it well, there are several sexual motives on licking lips:

1. the individual is 'moisturizing' the lips to prepare for a kiss
2. the individual is flirting with the other person, while hinting to progress to the next step
3. the individual is reminded of the kisses he/she had with the other person

To further enquire on this case, we need to take a look on the broader body language exhibited by both JY and ZZ. Clik the spoiler for second-by-second observation. Please do that in a sound proof room because you might squeal and scream, or at least giggle.

Hide contents

00:00 JY was looking the other way while ZZ was looking at JY.

00:01 JY turned his head.

00:02 JY and ZZ were looking at each other.

00:03-00:04 ZZ licked his lips. ZZ was teasing JY! He was totally flirting here.

00:05-00:09 ZZ turned his head slightly the other way, no longer facing JY directly. ZZ was either shy or this was him teasing JY again; as if playing hard to get.

00:07 JY smiled. His smile was as if happiness/did not belief with what he just saw. Maybe he was surprised that ZZ was flirting with him in public?

00:09 While still looking slightly the other way, ZZ suddenly smiled. I believed he were watching JY using the corners of his eyes. If he put his attention 100% forward, he might gave signal to JY that he refused him. But no. He was curious with what JY would do. Did JY take the bait?

00:12 JY, still smiling, walked toward ZZ. JY: If ZZ is flirting, who am I to reject him?

00:13 ZZ turned his head slightly again, toward JY, while still smiling. Their gaze met once more. Yes! JY took the bait!

00:14 JY turned his head down while walking toward ZZ, but he was still smiling.

00:16-00:17 JY turned his head sideways, toward the audience. He then tried to control his smile.

00:18-00:19 JY looked downward, tried to hide his smile while moving forward.

00:14-00:19 JY tried hard to hide his smile and excitement from us, the audience. This part is comparable to the 3-seconds smile he exhibited during ELLEMEN photo shot.

00:20-00:21 JY licked his lips while looking downward. I think, he was bit of nervous. Excited but nervous because this is on public.

00:22-00:25 JY then turned his head up again, but still not looking at ZZ. He started smiling again. Finally, passion won. JY could not help himself from looking at ZZ.

00:26-00:27 JY's gaze met ZZ's again. JY's smile bloomed fully. JY: What the heck with the audience!

00:13-00:27 ZZ stood there, looking at JY and smiling all the time. ZZ, you are a tease! ZZ was not evaluating JY. He was sure that JY would come to him. ZZ had JY twined on his fingers.

00:23-00:25 The Korean singer beside ZZ shifted his body away from ZZ. He then focused his attention to the front. He knew.

00:28-00:30 ZZ shifted his head and bit of his upper body forward, welcoming JY. ZZ: Hi, finally you are here. What took you so long?

00:28-00:30 JY moved his body, blocking us from seeing his face. And also, blocking us from seeing ZZ fully. JY was being protective of their privacy.

00:31-00:32 ZZ shifted his body to the (his) right, giving JY space to stand. ZZ: stand here beside me.

00:31-00:33 JY claimed his place beside ZZ. JY: I am here with you.

00:34 JY and ZZ stood side by side, looking forward as if nothing had happened.

Sigh. What a lovey dovey couple!

Edit:

1. When I see the scene at first time, it was the other version on @estreline IG. The angle was from front and clearly shows how the Korean singer shifted his body away from ZZ.

2. I was thinking that both of them were being shy because both of them turned their head away, breaking the gaze. ZZ first, then JY. But closer inspection, I'd say, JY was more embarrassed by this flirting, while ZZ was very confident.

3. Whoever did the editing knew body language well. He/she slowed it down so we could see the second-by-second transformation, he/she add fitting BGM (Winter we fall in love? Hell yeah! Winter 2015! etc) Kudos to you, whoever you are!

4. Get a room already, JY-ZZ! Or, wait, maybe you already did!? LOL.

aaaaaaaaahh...screaming with joy & excitement of these two loveydovey gorgeous couple!!!! awwwwhh..so romantic this info!! thankyou sosooooososooo much!!! i'm on fire with these two's romantic news lol.... thankyou!!!!!!!love you for posting this!!!haha...:()))))))..xxx

• Like 4

3 hours ago, sixte said:

Quite sorry to have to contradict you here. I also live in Europe (I am French), like you I have never seen a teaspoon on my dishplate to extract whatever. But we are here in a Chinese top-of-the-hill supposed restaurant providing the supposed nec-plus-ultra western way of dining (with Chinese conterfeit Bordeaux though !). So, a rational should lay on that and not on what we (you and me at least) could experience at a good restaurant in Milano or Roma (where we should have raped cheese to go with). But suddenly an idea : the teaspoon may be for getting some raped cheese ! Yeah, Hourrah ! But still, we don not see any cup full of raped cheese on the table. Another problem. Too bad...

About the clock, it is you who is puzzled here. When it is 6.00 at the clock and only 5.30 in the real, you wake up in advance and not in late. And both clocks (table and wall) are not connected, so they may welle be deregulated at Hai's convenience as I supposed. You see, I am like Hai, I never admit to be late. And I often deregulate my clocks so as to be at time at my rendez-vous.

About Addicted Go playing boys. I still want an answer from people here who have access to the novel.

Well then, to extract the pulps from the lemon slices is definitely not the purpose of the teaspoon (why would you even do that?). There wasn't any grated cheese on the table also. What then? The most plausible excuse that I can offer you, if you look for one, is to use it to eat the cake besides the pasta. Though why would they put the teaspoon on the dish plate then is beyond me. Hence I shared it with you guys and called it a weird fact.

You're right about the clock, sorry. I was quite puzzled. Of course, your theory could be accepted. The thing is.... there are always lots of theories and excuses for bloopers. Things that could happen and what not like the wall clock could be broken instead. This is actually also possible since the second hands on the clock really didn't move if you watch that scene. So unless the novel said that GH has a habit of setting the clock later in order not to be late, I would still consider that as a blooper. I would delete it from my blooper's list of course, if your theory is proved to be correct from the novel.

So let's see what the other addicts who have access to the novel have to say about this.

And cool that you're French! Enchantée! ;)

Now a fun fact : There was another clock in that room on the very same scene. The time that was being shown was 13:30. So we have 3 different clocks that showed 3 different times on this scene. One showed 15:04, the other one showed 16:35 and another showed 13:30. What's the correct one? Did GH set that clock differently as well?

xplPXuO.png

• Like 7

2 hours ago, liesl said:

This is amazing, mates! Put this on your wattpad immediately! :w00t::w00t::w00t:

I'm over the moon with daily romantic news of these two, zhouyu!!! aaaaah.. my love 'pair'!!! squealing like mad, smiling like im the one 'in love'....these two's news are tooo much for me lol....the video of them at 'happy camp' ...... just like you lot out there, the crazy fired up fans, and im probably the worse one haha.. eeeerrrh... that video's chemistry between them's 'out of this world!!'... looking at these two is 'a love story' ''complete!!''.. this fansite/forum is 'magic', I AM IN LOVE with zhouzhou jingyu!lol... I'm in heaven with every bit of their romantic news... sooooo awesome!  Thankyou sooososoooo much for organising, posting & translating news, videos etc, I love you allllll!!! Thankyou for giving me happiness and pleasure every day since I got 'addicted' to 'heroin - zhouyu'!! Bless you everyone who follows our gorgeous couple!! Big massive hugs & kissses to you all lol.....:)))...xoxoxox

• Like 11

My point in insisting about Louyin’s maestria in Go-playing (could it be confirmed in the novel version or not), is to demonstrate his eminence in strategy. Louyin is depicted as a strategist, and his superiority in Go-playing should just add to this side of his personality. He often anticipate situations. Look for example at how he let Hai elaborate in having always been living in Louyin’s poor quarter of Bejing. Until on the bed, Hai has to confess it was a lie, Louyin plays the one who is supposed to admit it is true. And laughs at it when Hai comes to confession !
This is of a strategist.
Idem for the love-gaming : Most of the times, Yin is anticipating two or three moves ahead.

By the way, I think Heroin Web Series and the banning reflect perfectly China’s at its croisée des chemins.

In the story as a whole, Louyin is quite the conservative Chinese figure, when Hai is easy with neo-capitalistic (neo-liberal) way of social operating, Hai is the «modernist» character. Indeed we can see that in many occasions. Louyin for example, refuses to eat the spaghettis western-like (spoon or not ?). And when Louyin drinks the cup of tea at Gu Weiting’s invitation, he very much concentrates on doing it traditional way. Idem when invited for lunch at GW’s table with mother and Hai, Louyin is very polite, traditional way.
On the other hand, Hai’s behaviour conforms with modernity. He uses his social connections to get what he wants, he is at ease with not following social uses in what they are tradition or hypocrisy. I see here a good reason for the banning of the series by Chinese government. These questions, indeed, are at the heart of the ideological fight inside inner circles in the Party and in the Army. Do keep in mind that we are not dealing here with ordinary people : Gu Weiting is a major general ! It is a major-general family affairs which is depicted in this series. And that explain the ban, much more than the only bl side of the story.

• Like 15

6 hours ago, sixte said:

- Third, I had no reaction from those who have access to the novel, about our boys playing Go, and Laoyin beeing the best at it.

@thoron Thanks for the mention. :wub: Really love your posts. They always put a smile on my face. 

I didn't notice the Go thing in the drama to be honest(I need to rewatch the drama but the night goes so fast that it ends after I watch those 2 lovelies everyday) but I rarely notice details unless someone points out. As for the novel, I didn't read anything Go until the end of ep15 in the drama(But as I said I sometimes did not notice details, maybe someone else knows). Not sure if there is any Go later in the story as I haven't read even half of the novel. Watching those 2 are so addicting that I've been reading real slowly. 

Just a thought: Maybe the film crew or the actors love to play Go in their free time? Or the house owner? Or it's just an insight by the director? Good directors always put interesting stuff/easter eggs. 

You guys pile up 4 pages when I went to sleep. XDD

EDIT:
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4441637382?see_lz=1#86586287295l
Btw, I found it funny that there's even an analysis on JY's face that ZZ is going to be JY's amazing race partner. When this question is asked in an interview. The "Let's Play" vid. Interview by Youku. When JY mentions his partner and was reminiscing, he licked his lips and bite his lower lip just right after and the face he was making is full of anticipation. As the thread master said, for a good study, you need comparison to compare the psychological effects cause a different study is needed when applies to different ppl. So he give a comparison when he mentioned his fav actor Deng Chao, the face is different haha.

Something wrong with youtube or is it just me?

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, gashupingo said:

Just a thought: Maybe the film crew or the actors love to play Go in their free time? Or the house owner? Or it's just an insight by the director? Good directors always put interesting stuff/easter eggs. 

You guys pile up 4 pages when I went to sleep. XDD

Thank you for reacting. The Go board must definitely be a choice by the film director. Indeed it is very present at the image when, inspecting Yin's room, You Qi sees Hai's "limited edition" watch on it. Now, for the count of black stones in the drawer, it is also quite deliberate. So I encline to suppose an indication here. If it is in the novel, good for all, and if is not, good for the "happy few" !

• Like 3