This thought suddenly came to my mind after reading @gashupingo 's post.

It won't be pretty if Johnny's partner in the Amazing Race turns out to be someone other than Zhouzhou. I don't even want to imagine the fans' outrage after having their hopes being crushed. I think the rage will be on par if not more with the rage of the fans in the sunglasses case. And who will be the receiver of the fans' outrage? The producers of the show and most probably Johnny's partner. :mellow:

From this thought, I hope that Johnny's partner is really Zhouzhou. Aside from the obvious reason that I love seeing both of them together, it will also save a lot of dramas that are to come. And again, I kinda pity the one who's going to be Johnny's partner if he's not Zhouzhou. He would be bombarded with fans' outrage and disappointment since he "takes" Zhouzhou's place. Fans are crazy like that. :vicx:

If the partner is not Zhouzhou, Johnny better not keep it a secret and just say who his partner is to save his partner later from the outrage of the fans. The more he's being secretive about it, the more fans' hopes build up and when these hopes are crushed, it ain't gonna be pretty.

From that I can't help but think that it could very well be Zhouzhou who's going to be his partner since he's being secretive about it. Like I said, to build up fans' hopes and crush it later is a very wrong move and I just hope that Johnny doesn't take this move.

Just my sudden thought.

• Like 18

1 hour ago, sixte said:

In the story as a whole, Louyin is quite the conservative Chinese figure, when Hai is easy with neo-capitalistic (neo-liberal) way of social operating, Hai is the «modernist» character. Indeed we can see that in many occasions. Louyin for example, refuses to eat the spaghettis western-like (spoon or not ?). And when Louyin drinks the cup of tea at Gu Weiting’s invitation, he very much concentrates on doing it traditional way. Idem when invited for lunch at GW’s table with mother and Hai, Louyin is very polite, traditional way.
On the other hand, Hai’s behaviour conforms with modernity. He uses his social connections to get what he wants, he is at ease with not following social uses in what they are tradition or hypocrisy. I see here a good reason for the banning of the series by Chinese government. These questions, indeed, are at the heart of the ideological fight inside inner circles in the Party and in the Army. Do keep in mind that we are not dealing here with ordinary people : Gu Weiting is a major general ! It is a major-general family affairs which is depicted in this series. And that explain the ban, much more than the only bl side of the story.

We shall also remember that GH's presumably using his dad's clout in extracting favours from local officials (to secure free rent for the Auntie's store) and business owners (BLY's dad getting a new job beyond his professional credentials). Also, GH's family has plenty of money shloshing around - quite difficult to attain just from his dad's military salary. That, and BL story equals to a true Sodom and Gomorrah in the govt's eyes.

• Like 8

I think Johnny can't say who his partner is because he has to abide by the rules of the Amazing Race people. It's not like he can do anything he wants to. If they don't allow him to tell then he can't. And we should understand that and not blame him for it.

• Like 10

Happy 400 pages! I finally had time to sit down and write again and decided to finish the story of link removed :lol:

Summary:
Jingyu wears his heart on his sleeve when it comes to Zhouzhou.
He can't help but express his love in public, but Zhouzhou prefers to express his love for Jingyu in private.

Link: link removed
*note: 'wo ai ni' means 'I love you'

y4VS7Xt.jpg

Excerpt:

fanfiction removed

This is full of fluff, romance, and possible sm*t. Featuring bits with the sunglasses and matching bracelets. :wub:

• Like 14

15 minutes ago, Ariodante said:

We shall also remember that GH's presumably using his dad's clout in extracting favours from local officials (to secure free rent for the Auntie's store) and business owners (BLY's dad getting a new job beyond his professional credentials). Also, GH's family has plenty of money shloshing around - quite difficult to attain just from his dad's military salary. That, and BL story equals to a true Sodom and Gomorrah in the govt's eyes.

The point indeed is here : a soldier's salary cannot explain such ease and "money shloshing around". It has many names : corruption, use of power, abuse of dominant situation... But whatever its name, the longtime question is how to deal with ? It is a philosophical choice : modernity or tradition, or in Chinese context, "Konfuzianismus und Taoismus" as studied by Max Weber in 1916, plus the fact that the present "modernity" reveals itself as a new Opium War.

- What is the third consequence of the Opium War ?

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, liesl said:

This thought suddenly came to my mind after reading @gashupingo 's post.

It won't be pretty if Johnny's partner in the Amazing Race turns out to be someone other than Zhouzhou. I don't even want to imagine the fans' outrage after having their hopes being crushed. I think the rage will be on par if not more with the rage of the fans in the sunglasses case. And who will be the receiver of the fans' outrage? The producers of the show and most probably Johnny's partner. :mellow:

From this thought, I hope that Johnny's partner is really Zhouzhou. Aside from the obvious reason that I love seeing both of them together, it will also save a lot of dramas that are to come. And again, I kinda pity the one who's going to be Johnny's partner if he's not Zhouzhou. He would be bombarded with fans' outrage and disappointment since he "takes" Zhouzhou's place. Fans are crazy like that. :vicx:

If the partner is not Zhouzhou, Johnny better not keep it a secret and just say who his partner is to save his partner later from the outrage of the fans. The more he's being secretive about it, the more fans' hopes build up and when these hopes are crushed, it ain't gonna be pretty.

From that I can't help but think that it could very well be Zhouzhou who could be his partner since he's being secretive about it. Like I said, to build up fans' hopes and crush it later is a very wrong move and I just hope that Johnny doesn't take this move.

Just my sudden thought.

I don't think JY know who his partner is yet based on that video...he looks a little anxious and excited.  And typically, for the Amazing Race, it is typically a girl and a guy pairing so we might not have any say in it.  I'm not sure when they will start filming the Amazing Race, but it might conflict with ZZ's schedule.  ZZ is filming a movie sometime soon as well, if these two conflict, it's impossible for them to be on the show together.

BUT LET ME REMIND YOU ALL......SEE THAT GORGEOUS GIRL SITTING NEXT TO JY AT HAPPY CAMP?!  SHE STARED AT JY MULTIPLE TIMES.....HE ONLY HAVE EYES FOR ZZ!  JY has been around the modeling circuit for a while, so he must have met plenty of attractive people....yet he has only dated two women.  Based on his interviews, he said that his success rate of chasing girls is 98%, but he only dated twice in the past because he hasn't meet the right person.  JY is the type that doesn't fall in love easily, but when he does, it's hard for him to fall out of love.  

My final thought is...is that we support our boys at whatever directions they're headed.  They're taking the best opportunities (offered to them at the moment) to advance their career.  They will work together for sure when there is an opportunity to do so.  

• Like 16

5 hours ago, elppa said:

I know this because I myself have swallowed a lot..

ummm.. confessions like these will be preserved in our archives.. hehehe lol :sweatingbullets:B)

4 hours ago, sixte said:

..we should have raped cheese to go with..

wutt??

giphy.gif

Edit: Apparently rapé is the French word for grated.

Also 'nec plus ultra' means state-of-the-art

I like you already @sixte I think i will learn a lot from you ..

Bienvenue sur le thread!

6 hours ago, conspiracytheorem said:

@thoron I am honored that you notice of a mere mortal such as myself.

lol no mate, everyone's equal here. that's the beauty of this beloved thread. we got to thank @skeletonworks and pioneers like @alvinboi for maintaining a welcoming atmosphere. keep interacting! looking forward to more inputs from everyone.

btw thank you for the mentions guyss.. :blush:

@liesl @gayyoxx @nedaaa  @ryansparks1982 @ximichem @charlie10 @aeislaeigh @gashupingo @palz4u

the real reward is seeing this when i logged in..

9wxYYrB.jpg

(repost thanks charlie)

^_^Gahd this thread/fandom is amazing! ^_^

• Like 17

7 hours ago, gayyoxx said:

The Body Language of Lips

Object of the research: to determine the nature of lips-licking done in this video:

Reveal hidden contents

The basic theory:

There are several reasons why someone licks his/her lips. Let us start from the most casual one:

1/ Parched/dry lips. Yes, this happens to most of us. That is why we invent lip balm and its families of lip moisturisers.This kind of lick usually done only on the parched area of the lips (very particular and localised).

2/ Nervousness. When we are on extreme/uncomfortable situation, we might lick our lips to release some tension and reassure ourself. This kind of lick usually quick and when nobody could see, or at least, we think nobody could see us licking our lips because it signify a moment of weakness in our psyche.

3/ Sexual. As @kmmyzz has put it well, there are several sexual motives on licking lips:

1. the individual is 'moisturizing' the lips to prepare for a kiss
2. the individual is flirting with the other person, while hinting to progress to the next step
3. the individual is reminded of the kisses he/she had with the other person

To further enquire on this case, we need to take a look on the broader body language exhibited by both JY and ZZ. Clik the spoiler for second-by-second observation. Please do that in a sound proof room because you might squeal and scream, or at least giggle.

Hide contents

00:00 JY was looking the other way while ZZ was looking at JY.

00:01 JY turned his head.

00:02 JY and ZZ were looking at each other.

00:03-00:04 ZZ licked his lips. ZZ was teasing JY! He was totally flirting here.

00:05-00:09 ZZ turned his head slightly the other way, no longer facing JY directly. ZZ was either shy or this was him teasing JY again; as if playing hard to get. I believe, ZZ was being a tease.

00:05-00:06 JY looked stunned. JY: Did I just see you flirting? Here of all places!? Really!?

00:07 JY smiled. His smile was a combination of happiness and did not belief with what he just saw. Maybe he was surprised that ZZ was flirting with him in public?

00:09 While still looking slightly the other way, ZZ suddenly smiled. I believed he were watching JY using the corners of his eyes. If he put his attention 100% forward, he might gave signal to JY that he refused him. But no. He was curious with what JY would do. Did JY take the bait?

00:12 JY, still smiling, walked toward ZZ. JY: If ZZ is flirting, who am I to reject him?

00:13 ZZ turned his head slightly again, toward JY, while still smiling. Their gaze met once more. Yes! JY took the bait!

00:14 JY turned his head down while walking toward ZZ, but he was still smiling.

00:16-00:17 JY turned his head sideways, toward the audience. He then tried to control his smile.

00:18-00:19 JY looked downward, tried to hide his smile while moving forward.

00:14-00:19 JY tried hard to hide his smile and excitement from us, the audience. This part is comparable to the 3-seconds smile he exhibited during ELLEMEN photo shot.

00:20-00:21 JY licked his lips while looking downward. I think, he was bit of nervous. Excited but nervous because this is on public.

00:22-00:25 JY then turned his head up again, but still not looking at ZZ. He started smiling again. Finally, passion won. JY could not help himself from looking at ZZ.

00:26-00:27 JY's gaze met ZZ's again. JY's smile bloomed fully. JY: What the heck with the audience!

00:13-00:27 ZZ stood there, looking at JY and smiling all the time. ZZ, you are a tease! ZZ was not evaluating JY. He was sure that JY would come to him. ZZ had JY twined on his fingers.

00:23-00:25 The Korean singer beside ZZ shifted his body away from ZZ. He then focused his attention to the front. He knew.

00:28-00:30 ZZ shifted his head and bit of his upper body forward, welcoming JY. ZZ: Hi, finally you are here. What took you so long?

00:28-00:30 JY moved his body, blocking us from seeing his face. And also, blocking us from seeing ZZ fully. JY was being protective of their privacy. It would be more natural to JY if he moved and stood between the Korean singer and ZZ. But that would expose his face -and ZZ's- to us, the audience.

00:31-00:32 ZZ shifted his body to the (his) right, giving JY space to stand. ZZ: stand here beside me.

00:31-00:33 JY claimed his place beside ZZ. JY: I am here with you.

00:34 JY and ZZ stood side by side, looking forward as if nothing had happened.

Sigh. What a lovey dovey couple!

Edit:

1. When I see the scene at first time, it was the other version on @estreline IG. The angle was from front and clearly shows how the Korean singer shifted his body away from ZZ.

2. I was thinking that both of them were being shy because both of them turned their head away, breaking the gaze. ZZ first, then JY. But closer inspection, I'd say, JY was more embarrassed by this flirting, while ZZ was very confident.

3. Whoever did the editing knew body language well. He/she slowed it down so we could see the second-by-second transformation, he/she add fitting BGM (Winter we fall in love? Hell yeah! Winter 2015! etc) Kudos to you, whoever you are!

4. Get a room already, JY-ZZ! Or, wait, maybe you already did!? LOL.

Spot on analysis but just to add on to it, if any of you noticed as JY approached ZZ, there was a moment where he moved his left hand up and towards his pocket or belt while cocking his leg slightly. Now this is fascinating because I call this the peacock pose where they showcase all their good points. It is a subconscious kove to let your partner see the strength in another person. 

Next, look at ZZ, as JY approached,  he had his hands behind him which he moved to the front, now this is subconsciously done. Putting thr hands at the back as someone approaches you can mean coldness, rejection or unacceptable. It is a stern position that most parents and teachers use. It also shows closed off, where you don't want to have anything to do with this person. But the subtle shift to the front makes him smaller in stature, giving him the kind, approachable look. It is a welcoming position as his body tilts forward slightly like welcoming the person to approach them . This position also makes one smaller than the other, almost to the point of showing who is more Dominant than them.

• Like 9

Guest skeletonworks
19 hours ago, ayasdai said:

Exactly!! (from the Chinese forum. cr to owner)

MOD EDIT: DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES, GIFS, AND VIDEOS!!

Sorry mod. 

Yes this! Thanks for sharing this!!! I kept on thinking where have I seen Johnny made this kind of face before. It's Guhai!!!!!! Thank you thank you!!

Thanks @gayyoxx @elppa for detailed analysis on this lickin lips saga. Your posts are always a delight to read!

@charlie10 Thanks for pointing that out. I also think that's an inside joke between these two. Right after Zhouzhou licked his lips, he brought the mic to the front almost placing in "that" position towards Johnny before putting it in a regular position. Johnny noticed that and couldn't control his grin. The fact that Zhouzhou licked his lips before doing that signals that he's about to do something cheeky and I think that's exactly what he did and that's why they shared this mutual smile.

And at 0:28. The look and genuine smiles they exchanged, tells something. 

9 hours ago, gayyoxx said:

The Body Language of Lips

Object of the research: to determine the nature of lips-licking done in this video:

Hide contents

The basic theory:

There are several reasons why someone licks his/her lips. Let us start from the most casual one:

1/ Parched/dry lips. Yes, this happens to most of us. That is why we invent lip balm and its families of lip moisturisers.This kind of lick usually done only on the parched area of the lips (very particular and localised).

2/ Nervousness. When we are on extreme/uncomfortable situation, we might lick our lips to release some tension and reassure ourself. This kind of lick usually quick and when nobody could see, or at least, we think nobody could see us licking our lips because it signify a moment of weakness in our psyche.

3/ Sexual. As @kmmyzz has put it well, there are several sexual motives on licking lips:

1. the individual is 'moisturizing' the lips to prepare for a kiss
2. the individual is flirting with the other person, while hinting to progress to the next step
3. the individual is reminded of the kisses he/she had with the other person

To further enquire on this case, we need to take a look on the broader body language exhibited by both JY and ZZ. Clik the spoiler for second-by-second observation. Please do that in a sound proof room because you might squeal and scream, or at least giggle.

Hide contents

00:00 JY was looking the other way while ZZ was looking at JY.

00:01 JY turned his head.

00:02 JY and ZZ were looking at each other.

00:03-00:04 ZZ licked his lips. ZZ was teasing JY! He was totally flirting here.

00:05-00:09 ZZ turned his head slightly the other way, no longer facing JY directly. ZZ was either shy or this was him teasing JY again; as if playing hard to get. I believe, ZZ was being a tease.

00:05-00:06 JY looked stunned. JY: Did I just see you flirting? Here of all places!? Really!?

00:07 JY smiled. His smile was a combination of happiness and did not belief with what he just saw. Maybe he was surprised that ZZ was flirting with him in public?

00:09 While still looking slightly the other way, ZZ suddenly smiled. I believed he were watching JY using the corners of his eyes. If he put his attention 100% forward, he might gave signal to JY that he refused him. But no. He was curious with what JY would do. Did JY take the bait?

00:12 JY, still smiling, walked toward ZZ. JY: If ZZ is flirting, who am I to reject him?

00:13 ZZ turned his head slightly again, toward JY, while still smiling. Their gaze met once more. Yes! JY took the bait!

00:14 JY turned his head down while walking toward ZZ, but he was still smiling.

00:16-00:17 JY turned his head sideways, toward the audience. He then tried to control his smile.

00:18-00:19 JY looked downward, tried to hide his smile while moving forward.

00:14-00:19 JY tried hard to hide his smile and excitement from us, the audience. This part is comparable to the 3-seconds smile he exhibited during ELLEMEN photo shot.

00:20-00:21 JY licked his lips while looking downward. I think, he was bit of nervous. Excited but nervous because this is on public.

00:22-00:25 JY then turned his head up again, but still not looking at ZZ. He started smiling again. Finally, passion won. JY could not help himself from looking at ZZ.

00:26-00:27 JY's gaze met ZZ's again. JY's smile bloomed fully. JY: What the heck with the audience!

00:13-00:27 ZZ stood there, looking at JY and smiling all the time. ZZ, you are a tease! ZZ was not evaluating JY. He was sure that JY would come to him. ZZ had JY twined on his fingers.

00:23-00:25 The Korean singer beside ZZ shifted his body away from ZZ. He then focused his attention to the front. He knew.

00:28-00:30 ZZ shifted his head and bit of his upper body forward, welcoming JY. ZZ: Hi, finally you are here. What took you so long?

00:28-00:30 JY moved his body, blocking us from seeing his face. And also, blocking us from seeing ZZ fully. JY was being protective of their privacy. It would be more natural to JY if he moved and stood between the Korean singer and ZZ. But that would expose his face -and ZZ's- to us, the audience.

00:31-00:32 ZZ shifted his body to the (his) right, giving JY space to stand. ZZ: stand here beside me.

00:31-00:33 JY claimed his place beside ZZ. JY: I am here with you.

00:34 JY and ZZ stood side by side, looking forward as if nothing had happened.

Sigh. What a lovey dovey couple!

Edit:

1. When I see the scene at first time, it was the other version on @estreline IG. The angle was from front and clearly shows how the Korean singer shifted his body away from ZZ.

2. I was thinking that both of them were being shy because both of them turned their head away, breaking the gaze. ZZ first, then JY. But closer inspection, I'd say, JY was more embarrassed by this flirting, while ZZ was very confident.

3. Whoever did the editing knew body language well. He/she slowed it down so we could see the second-by-second transformation, he/she add fitting BGM (Winter we fall in love? Hell yeah! Winter 2015! etc) Kudos to you, whoever you are!

4. Get a room already, JY-ZZ! Or, wait, maybe you already did!? LOL.

@gayyoxx Sweetie, ya know I luv ya, but I think you slightly overlooked one very important moment, the one that really caught my attention (and actually had me squealing. Me. The old auntie. Squealing. Like a 15 year old fangirl. :rolleyes:

At 00:05-00:06  JY's "stunned reaction" is how you put it. The very visible sharp intake of breath? The way he pursed his lips? How his eyes dropped? Stunned would be his mouth dropping open and his eyes widening.  Sweetie, what JY's displaying, that's not stunned. That's turned on. 

EDIT: I have got to learn to take notes while I catch up, then comment. @elppa You saw it too!!!

Edited by sohocomo
  • Like 11

Hey guys ^_^ just dropping in to wish the thread Happy 400th! 

I can totally understand @liesl now :) after watching the series several times you start to see things you brushed aside in the heat of the moment. Like this little gem right here:

img]

Don't you think Zhou has pretty feet :rolleyes:

P.S I'm trying my best not to get sucked into the labyrinth of the intricacies of Addicted because it seems once you go there, there is no turning back :P @liesl! Your findings are interesting to go through hehehe :D.

• Like 22

9 hours ago, thoron said:

i'm sorry, with all due respect. i don't believe in ASTROLOGY.

it's difficult to trick me. I'm generally skeptical about such things and I dispute everything and everyone. That's normal with us Capricorns. lol (getitgetit.) Amazing input auntie! :P

Please, be cynical! I see your cynicism as a challenge for me to work harder! (If you studied astrology a little you would know not to challenge a Leo's pride :P) Actually, my Daddy's a Cappie, so I'm used to it. Oh, and did I mention I'm a PK (preacher's kid)? I was raised on challenge. Challenge me! Challenge me!! 

As always @thoron, your humor and wit, with your love of everything and everybody here, is still the best way to celebrate our little milestones in our Addicted family! No matter how often you can't join in the talk, know that we'll always be listening for when you can!

:heart::heart::heart:

• Like 9

14 hours ago, pureblade said:

Hey guys ^_^ just dropping in to wish the thread Happy 400th! 

I can totally understand @liesl now :) after watching the series several times you start to see things you brushed aside in the heat of the moment. Like this little gem right here:

MOD EDIT: DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES, GIFS, AND VIDEOS!!

Don't you think Zhou has pretty feet :rolleyes:

P.S I'm trying my best not to get sucked into the labyrinth of the intricacies of Addicted because it seems once you go there, there is no turning back :P @liesl! Your findings are interesting to go through hehehe :D.

YES YES ZZ really have pretty feet. I thought I'm the only notice it. Glad more people like it ehehe

I love everyone analysis over 30 second video seriously..how come we all become a detective in a short time?? LMAO you guys rocks. Come to this thread always boost up my energy ehehe @ayasdai @gayyoxx @elppa you guys are my spirit animal!!

14 hours ago, savekaya said:

not sure if anyone saw it but I'm shaking as I'm writing this.

zz and jy are flying over to sanya and will be participating in a game show : run for time. 

the official news aren't out yet. but the air tickets are set, and many leaks on wb. 

Are you sure?? OMG please don't this to my heart. Even it a rumours I'm still happy but BUT hoping it will come true.

• Like 13