[Mainland Chinese Drama 2016] When A Snail Falls in Love 如果蜗牛有爱情

sugarplum892

27 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@ck1Oz  Chingu, re reading the novel from C50 toooo. It get so steamy and hot in the novel.  WHo's other police drama should you watch??? What is the title??

I think it's Memory Lost the other Ding Mo (Love Me If You Dare is the first one) drama that is airing right now. No english subs as yet though. 

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, lolalarue said:

I think it's Memory Lost the other Ding Mo (Love Me If You Dare is the first one) drama that is airing right now. No english subs as yet though. 

Thanks chingu, I still haven't picked Memory Lost even though it looks so awesome and fast pace. I have to much drama's I am watching now. :D

10 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Thanks chingu, I still haven't picked Memory Lost even though it looks so awesome and fast pace. I have to much drama's I am watching now. :D

I can't understand a word and it's sooooooooo good. Like surprisingly good. And the female lead is fantastic. Very different to your usual dramaland heroine. If you understand Chinese put it on your list. Or wait a while and start once it gets translated. One thing you won't want to do is miss it. Because you will love it! 

Are they separate dramas or connected? I haven't watched both and haven't tried to look for the 2nd one. If it's good- have no idea when it started- don't need subs. At times like these am thankful I can watch both Chinese and Korean dramas.

Ok lurking back to C52. Geez we absolutely completely certain the lead actor said we have no kissing in this drama?

38 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Are they separate dramas or connected? I haven't watched both and haven't tried to look for the 2nd one. If it's good- have no idea when it started- don't need subs. At times like these am thankful I can watch both Chinese and Korean dramas.

Ok lurking back to C52. Geez we absolutely completely certain the lead actor said we have no kissing in this drama?

They are definitely separate dramas and I don't think they are connected (not like Gu Man's novels for example 'Shan Shan Comes to Eat' and 'Just One Smile is Alluring' where the main characters meet in special chapters) . Though having said that "When He Comes, Close Your Eyes/Love Me if You Dare' is the only novel that's been fully translated online - When a Snail Loves and Memory Lost have not been completely translated. Anyone who's read the original Chinese novels able to confirm if  the universes are connected? 

Memory Lost, When A Snail Falls In Love and When He Comes, Close Your Eyes are all loosely connected, as in they are in the same universe. The heroes and heroines of these three novels meet in "special chapters" or "short stories". If I recall correctly, the hero of When He Comes, Close Your Eyes even considers Xu Xu his student, and Ji Bai and the hero of Memory Lost are long time friends.

By the way, Snail released a MV for the ending theme today and it contains many spoilers for later episodes. So watch it at your own risk. :D 

Er I say... how many are dramas? I thought I was just going to watch Love me if you dare. Then Memory lost which is airing.

When he comes, close your eyes? Is it another drama? Do I have to google it in Chinese then do a YT search?

Wowzer the author has good titles. 

Kyah @dmtdt thanks for posting. I love the spoilers. Bring it on... might be slightly giggly at the moment in fact. SWEET. Looking forward to them. An incentive to watch the raw episodes... it's got to be coming up. For like the N th time--- Ji Bai has a killer smile when he is being loving towards her. I would ignore the bad dangerous part of the spoilers.

So I have to look for an online version of Snail to see the ending? I don't know anyone who has the novel. Would it be easily available in Taiwan? Then I can do a " ask a Taiwanese " question. 

M soo loving this drama but I sure wish they stuck to the novel timeline for romance & hope even if late they stick to ji Bai falling first and xu xu realising next....the actors portraying the characters r spot on, so wud love to c their on-screen chemistry..... I don mind the storyline change as this seems as interesting as the novel but I miss xu jun & don know how they wil progress with yao meng in the drama .......ym is kickass here but seemed very desperate in the novel......waiting for the sugars :heart:

Spoiler

I read the novel sometime back ....translation of course, so let me know if anyone needs spoilers in the romance department....:P

On 11/12/2016 at 9:08 AM, ck1Oz said:

Hi I've just marathoned ep 1-9 and am a bit tired. I even went to read the novel. Don't watch Cdramas normally. Ok hardly ever maybe a few TW in a year.

Wow is this the norm now for Cdramas? It is very slick and in fact the novel is really good. Do we really have to wait for 3 episodes to be released once a week?

I am kinda dying here after reading the spoilers. Where can I get hold of ep 10-12? Thank you. It has taken me a while but I am getting used to the accents. I find it ironic that I can probably understand a Kdrama raw than a Cdrama without subs. The accent is too different from what I am used to as in TW. But at this point am so desperate don't care. 

Is there a site that uploads the new episodes fast besides DF? I am dying to see how Ji Bai and Xu Xu are doing. 

For raw episodes, you can try Tencent or Maplestage. I think someone said Maplestage has the raw eps posted right after broadcast in China. So every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Dramafever posts 3 episodes with english subs on Thursdays for Premium members, everyone has access on Mondays.  Viki posts 3 episodes on Mondays.

freitaz01 wrote

Please , somebody ! after watching the video released , i'm anxious to know . In the book do jin bai and xuxu have a happy ending , please ..

Spoiler

Spoiler.....spoiler alert....read at ur own risk

Yes  they have a happy ending......... Married with a kid :heart:.....the novel is very romantic

@Table122000 thanks. I will google what they are.  Am truly not a Chinese drama fan have no clue what it is. Presume it's a streaming site. The cinematography and editing in this series stands out for me though. Are all  mainland dramas like this these days? I have my Kdrama on 720p and it even shows bad complexions. But the actors all seem to be flawless. 

And I confess to watching and fast forwarding ep 22-24 Love me if you dare. Looks like it's the writer's style. But man the American actors are stiff. But the reason why I am commenting is that I saw Ji Bai twice. What was the connection again? Since he hugged her and then received a wedding invite? Wallace and the female lead are visually attractive and those white shirts- yummy. But apparently I must prefer WK's looks more. He reminds me of the old fighters of yore. Where men looked like men vs pretty boys. Or it could be that my father studied kung-fu all his life. And I am more partial to non pretty boys.

Guess with following these 2 dramas might abandon Kdramas for awhile. Although I have 1 more lesson next week and will be a month in Korea soon. It's hard when you're older trying to remember one language  ( Mandarin ) while you're busy trying to remember how to talk in Korean for an extended period. I swear my English deteriorates when I immersh myself like this. This is the most personal comments I've made online. Hmmm... must be this genre. I see patients with forensic history at work. And I try not to remember it and judge because frankly, it can be horrifying. And punishments so light that one forgets in Asian society criminals can be treated harshly and given severe punishments. Here- they get tv, gym, conjugal rights... if they don't get suspended sentences and community service. So that's why I don't watch Asian police dramas but this writer seems to be doing it. After it and what was it? Memory lost? Am running back to my usual rom com for escapism. Because the victims here- so many of them turn to drugs and alcohol, suicidal attempts and bad personal decisions. So these sort of genre are not my cup of tea normally.

But good writing is good writing. Will finish this off. See? This drama reminds of work. Not escape for relaxation. I am that familiar with the police then when we move to a new town for work- I head to the local police station and ask which areas to avoid renting from. Or where the troubles are. Excellent piece of advice given to us by someone else. That and being perpetually in contact with them.

This drama is so not relaxing. And by the way the make up is different. The injuries and blood colour- must he the lighting- much more realistic. Besides in real life, I've play around with professional standard make up for doing injuries make up. Those set costs thousands. I presume seeing everything in the world is made in China- they have more choices. Yay and haha for the morbid comment. The scenes here are much more consistent to what the real thing is.

:tears::tears::tears: I wished they had not change the schedule for airing when a Snail falls in love. Missing it so much already. Since I go back to work I will be busy and won't be missing it . Yay Yay 

Chingu's after watching the spoiler video there was a scene that stayed with me .it is the scene where we saw Yao Meng running away from Xu Xu and I think Ji Bai. What do you guys think that means.  Would you guys care to speculate??? 

Thatt scene really confused me because In episode 12.  Spoiler

Spoiler

X Yao Meng told Xu Xu that she was in love with the lion aka Ji Bai. I would think that if she did catch them in (THE ACT) she shouldn't be so shocked? Am I right or wrong ? in In the novel Yao Meng was so desperate and childish. Once she found out  Ji Bai and Xu Xu were dating she completely avoided XuXu. In the novel it proved that Yao Meng never really liked XuXu. She pretended to like her because she ( now this is how I saw their relationship) did not think highly of her and neither did the other female officers.  It's so sad to see such petiness in a police station. Hoping that doesn't happen in the drama. 

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

:tears::tears::tears: I wished they had not change the schedule for airing when a Snail falls in love. Missing it so much already. Since I go back to work I will be busy and won't be missing it . Yay Yay 

Chingu's after watching the spoiler video there was a scene that stayed with me .it is the scene where we saw Yao Meng running away from Xu Xu and I think Ji Bai. What do you guys think that means.  Would you guys care to speculate??? 

Thatt scene really confused me because In episode 12.  Spoiler

Hide contents

X Yao Meng told Xu Xu that she was in love with the lion aka Ji Bai. I would think that if she did catch them in (THE ACT) she shouldn't be so shocked? Am I right or wrong ? in In the novel Yao Meng was so desperate and childish. Once she found out  Ji Bai and Xu Xu were dating she completely avoided XuXu. In the novel it proved that Yao Meng never really liked XuXu. She pretended to like her because she ( now this is how I saw their relationship) did not think highly of her and neither did the other female officers.  It's so sad to see such petiness in a police station. Hoping that doesn't happen in the drama. 

I think the scene of Yao Meng running away will probably have more to do with Zhao Han (maybe his injury?), rather than Xu Xu and Ji Bai's relationship. This drama Yao Meng is completely different than book Yao Meng, and I have to say I like the drama one way better. The drama Yao Meng doesn't seem to be in love with Ji Bai. She admires and idolizes him, but not in love with him the way book Yao Meng is.

24 minutes ago, dmtdt said:

I think the scene of Yao Meng running away will probably have more to do with Zhao Han (maybe his injury?), rather than Xu Xu and Ji Bai's relationship. This drama Yao Meng is completely different than book Yao Meng, and I have to say I like the drama one way better. The drama Yao Meng doesn't seem to be in love with Ji Bai. She admires and idolizes him, but not in love with him the way book Yao Meng is.

Chingu @dmtdt ... Thank you for stopping my over imagination from running wild.... :heart::heart:

@dmtdt  good job onion headThanks for posting the wonderful MV!! cute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532I really loved it. crazy monkeyI didn't mind the spoiler cheer1 onion headbecause it makes the waiting more bearable.

By the way, I guess the witch drawn by XXis this person in reality.

Spoiler

@UnniSarah As for ZM running away, I only noticed that XX and Ji Bai were both dressed in black so that I came to the conclusion, ZM meets them, when JB took XX to the shooting training. In my opinion, ZM might have realised that something was going on between XX and JB and got shocked. I don't think that ZM will be that mean and petty, but she never thought that JB would fall for XX, rather that XX would have one-sided-love. On the other hand, ZM needs to see that in order to realise that his brother loves her because so far, she has noticed nothing. Her eyes are only fixated on JB the entire time.

2 hours ago, jutami3 said:

Hello!!! First time ever in a forum. I need help  I've reaf the 54 parts of the novel available in tiffy.con. Can someone tell me where I can find the rest? In english, please

Thanks!

Welcome @jutami3 to the thread. Great to have you here. 

@LyraYoo...Yes , I did see that chingu. Ji Bai acting cool for her sake or is it because Xu Xu is so calm.  But when she saw he got hurt, she did not look calm at all. Maybe because of both of their personalities both tried to be cool for the sake of other. :wub::wub::wub:.  Remember after he got slashed, Ji Bai calmly covered his wound after seeing Xu Xu's reaction. Xu Xu treated his wound calmly because Ji Bai was cool and collected. Or maybe they both didn't want to look weak in each other's eyes. :wub:;);)  Who knows what these two characters have in their mind.  

Archived