[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/21/2017 at 9:03 PM, cidorta said:

I have been watching kdrama for a few years now and I have been wondering how come some writters that are new or even experience ones fail to kept story straight without holes.  Do they dont have assistants or someone who proof read to ensure continuity of plot, story, direction of development of characters. Is the problem lies that scripts are been made meanwhile drama is been filmed regardles of been pre-produce or live shooting.  I feel that if writters keep a somewhat map or chart of characters with descriptions of who they are, why they are part of the story and then the plot there might be less frustation or dissapointment on XYZ drama.  Still I have encountered many drama that at the end left me feeling dissapointed I still love my kdrama, my wish is that there will be more drama made without the classic love triangle, less amnesia plot, less b@#$h evil ex or mother as these plots are over used.  On of the reason I loved DOTS and Goblin was there was no 1 couple but 2.  Neither drama was perfect but at least the major cliche plots were not used like amnesia, or evil ex...

I totally agree with you.  I am not Korean; therefore, I do not know the culture well; therefore, I have be disappointed many times by the final episode.  There are many K-dramas that I did not complete, not because the acting was bad, but because the script lost its way.  

You would think that the writers have a story board, researchers, assistants, and proofreaders; however, in some cases it does not appear that way.  I can understand when the script is being written while filming and the writer tries to accommodate the prevailing opinion of the viewers; however, this drama was pre-produced; therefore, many of the flaws should have been caught before the script reading or at least during filming. 

I also agree with you concerning DOTS and Goblin.  One of the things I liked about those dramas aside from the exceptional writing is that there was no love triangle.  

Now I am hoping that someone will come along with a worthy drama that depicts the life and achievements of King Jinheung especially since a stele was found in 1816 commemorating King Jinheung's territorial expansion.  I watched Queen Seondeok which alluded to her grandfather King Jinheung;  however, a drama about him would be great.  The drama could be interesting as it was rumored that Lady Mishil was his mistress.

I made it to the end of this drama, having skipped several episodes because of you guys.  I hope to read the posts of many of you while watching another drama.

translation (for who forgot though don't think anyone forgot it hhhhh :tongue:): Sun Woo (ep 20) "You're pretty. Totally." / Ah Ro (ep 1) "You're handsome. "Totally"

cr: owner

hhhhhhhhhhhh I was laughing (and swooning surely) when Sun Woo told her she's pretty..."Totally" remembering her telling him the same thing at the start of the drama!! I was "ayyy he still remember!!" :blush: and this is my OTP coming to a full circle!! :wub: 

3 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

Bromance MV:wub: 

Nice :)...now that you mentioned it...

SW: 'This looks so nice!' :)...both of them smiling...agree :wub:

NrYkT5.gif

King: kidding aside...when will you make decent woman out of AR? I might take her back...

YOC8CS.gif 

Let's get married! (to be sure :wink:)

wo-JZ6.gif 

16 minutes ago, zagigirl said:

Nice :)...now that you mentioned it...

SW: 'This looks so nice!' :)...both of them smiling...agree :wub:

King: kidding aside...when will you make decent woman out of AR? I might take her back...

Let's get married! (to be sure :wink:)

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh never thought of it!! :lol: 

one more bromance I love!! :wub: Kim Tea Hyung is cute but he's heavy!! :lol: 

tumblr_olibsuEL7G1w644cmo1_400.gif tumblr_olibsuEL7G1w644cmo2_400.gif

cr: kim-taehyung

I was laughing when Min Ho said "drop him" and Park Seo Joon acted as he'll do it!! :lol::wub: 

19 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

My Hwarangs! :wub:

:wub:...BR is missing chingu...please fix it ...pleeeeeeeeeeeese 

EDIT: then again...maybe not...i'm a bit angry at him

Look what woman in crisis does

Yn3Bn4.gif 

...and him?

jeZTP9.gif 

tries to find a way to escape??? <sulk>

:wink:

3 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

translation (for who forgot though don't think anyone forgot it hhhhh :tongue:): Sun Woo (ep 20) "You're pretty. Totally." / Ah Ro (ep 1) "You're handsome. "Totally"

cr: owner

hhhhhhhhhhhh I was laughing (and swooning surely) when Sun Woo told her she's pretty..."Totally" remembering her telling him the same thing at the start of the drama!! I was "ayyy he still remember!!" :blush: and this is my OTP coming to a full circle!! :wub: 

I was laughing and giggling at that part too because we all knew he was referring to what Aro said when they first met :lol:

1 hour ago, sakura2016 said:

me thinking my drama ended waiting for Park Seo Joon's new drama!! 

:tongue: 

I think he's been considered for a role in an upcoming drama! I'm not sure if it has been confirmed or not though...

11 hours ago, zagigirl said:

Just yours?  Please can we share? They r mine too! <sulking>  :wink:

Hope we won't wait for to long

Well...favourites parts and MV's might help for a while...i agree :)

I love their bond too :)

King loved SW...he was jealous coz he got AR's love, but as a person he trusted SW and really loved him...SW was someone with strong will, brave and honest and king admired him for that

Did you see king's face after he found out SW might be his enemy? He was afraid for the first time after he decided to take the throne :(...yet when SW came to him and he offered him to stab him...he cried.. he didn't want to fight and.he was sorry :(...he didn't want their bond to end...he is lucky to have someone like SW on his side like you said...and i'm glad SW saw king has different heart then he was imagining after death of his friend

While i'm on them...as for kneeling infront of the king...why would SW kneel infront of him?...bad manners?...hmmm...even king didn't have face to ask that of him coz he knew he owes him a lot...and his place is secure coz SW decided to support him and brought all hwarangs along

:D...its ok chingu...who admits half can be forgiven :)

Disagree on the last bold part...he is great kid...he was better here then in What happens with this family... he grows with time as an actor and i like that ...i think he did really great with young, yet to-be real strong king one day, king role in this drama...but he didn't outshine main lead nor OTP sorry chingu

Agree on all the rest chingu :)

I agree he is weak here...and fearfull...but this was not drama about king in his best days of ruling anyway...it was about young him and making hwarangs..his great days r yet to come...'people r mad'...PHS's fan r mad, if king was played by different actor noone would mind i  think

I'm totally 100% agree with you, he didn't outshine the main lead 

4 hours ago, sakura2016 said:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh never thought of it!! :lol: 

one more bromance I love!! :wub: Kim Tea Hyung is cute but he's heavy!! :lol: 

cr: kim-taehyung

I was laughing when Min Ho said "drop him" and Park Seo Joon acted as he'll do it!! :lol::wub: 

Aww so cute I think I missed it, any kind soul informed me where I can see this BTS video 

On 22/2/2017 at 0:56 PM, sebastian27 said:

PHS/SMJ performance is supeb for me. with the bad script from the writers.. i was still amazed that he was able to outshine the main lead couple. 

thanks everyone!!! it was fun reading all your post all through the course of this series... being blocked and then unblocked... hehehe.. it was still fun!

see you on the other threat. :)

Couldn't agree with you more on the bold part hehee :wink: For me, he is the one deliver the true sageuk vibe/performance & he really outshine the main lead, like he did in High Society. It is not without good reason that we have concluded like this. Look at how many SMJ's fans in soompi forum, youtube, DB, etc ... Look at how Knet react about PHS's acting & visual after each Hwarang eps. Look at 5,6K+ vote up said "What the drama succeeded doing is making King Jinheung the main character ... It ended with Park Hyung Sik getting recognized for his sageuk acting and visuals." PHS just be an idol - actor but he continued to grow over time through each work. I'm so proud & happy because he received a lot of love after Hwarang.

This can have people who don't agree. Because everyone has their own opinions & their biased actors. But look at the majority opinions and you all will understand why we say that.

For those who don't agree with me & want to argue about, pls don't mention or quote me because this controversial issue is never ending. We have our opinions and you too ^^

Anw, thank PHS to making a charisma Sam Maek Jong/Ji Dwi Rang/King Jin Heung :wub: I hope he'll won award for his performance in Hwarang ^_^

1487728553_(4).gif?type=w1

P/S: See you in SWDBS thread tonight kkkk :D

Archived