[Drama 2016-2017] Hwarang 화랑

Seiran029

5 hours ago, silvianage said:

Do you have any news? for his new drama? I was hoping he will do action drama

The last I heard is that he was considering a drama... No news about him accepting the offer yet though!

Spoiler

Park Seo-joon, Chun Woo-hee offered new KBS drama Third-Rate My Way

by tineybeanie | February 10, 2017 | 70 Comments

9ZLpPvj.jpg

We’ve got a new potential drama pairing to look forward to this spring. Lauded film actress Chun Woo-hee (The Wailing) is being courted to headline a new drama at KBS called Third-Rate My Way. And with only two more weeks of KBS’s current Monday-Tuesday drama Hwarang left to go, it’s been announced that Park Seo-joon is considering the leading role opposite her. Third-Rate My Way is about two individuals who have been living every day stuck in the daily grind. Without the connections, money, or education necessary to advance, they’ve been unable to escape their third-rate lives.

However, both have not given up their dreams to become something more. Chun Woo-hee has received the offer to play a customer service rep who works at the info desk of a department store, who has big ambitions of becoming a TV anchor. She takes the national anchor exam every year, and she has failed every time. But she’s the type who knows how to stand back up on her own two feet, and she keeps up the fighting attitude.

On the other hand, Park Seo-joon’s character is a contract worker for a corporate office, whose heyday happened in high school. He remembers those days fondly when he would walk down the classroom halls as a star athlete, decked out in his taekwondo uniform. At some point, he realizes he doesn’t care for his paper-pushing job and gathers up enough courage to try again, and he joins the UFC league to compete to become a professional fighter.

The writer attached to this project is Im Sang-choon, whose short four-episode drama Baek-hee Has Returned is one that I watched and found to be delightfully touching at times. So I’m looking forward to this new inspirational human drama Third-Rate My Way. It’s scheduled to air on KBS starting in May.

Source: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/02/park-seo-joon-chun-woo-hee-offered-new-kbs-drama-third-rate-my-way/

Possible actress for the lead role with Park Seo Joon...

Spoiler

Kim Ji-won, Chun Woo-hee up for same lead role in KBS’s Third-Rate My Way

by javabeans | February 14, 2017 | 73 Comments

s1MLprI.jpgkimjiwon_85a.jpg
Kim Ji-won

Wait, you’re going to make me choose? Upcoming KBS drama Third-Rate My Way has just offered the leading lady role to Kim Ji-won (Descended From the Sun, Gap-dong), after recently offering it to Chun Woo-hee (The Wailing; Love, Lies), with Park Seo-joon (Hwarang) up to co-star. That’s a tough call, considering both actresses are wonderful and entirely capable of headlining their own dramas (finally!).

It’s definitely an unusual casting choice to have Kim and Chun up for the same character at the same time, but KBS has confirmed that both actresses are still in contention for the role. Usually, it’s not made public that two actors are competing for the same role, whether out of consideration or etiquette or just plain custom. Often in a scenario where a second actor is mentioned, we’ll later find out that the first actor had declined, but Chun’s management stated today that she’s still positively considering the role. Kim’s management said the same.

Third-Rate My Way is centered around two lead characters living third-rate lives: Choi Ae-ra is the leading lady, a woman who has given up her dreams of being a television announcer and currently works the info desk at a department store. Ae-ra has no specs, no strong family background, no impressive resumé or education, and no boyfriend, and her personality is described as both “sweet and salty.”

Park Seo-joon’s prospective character, meanwhile, currently works as a temporary employee in an ordinary office, living a nondescript life that contrasts to his glory days in high school, when he was a hotshot Taekwondo fighter. The drama will follow their success story as these two characters, “who have been told by the world to live as supporting characters,” decide to burst out of their humdrum lives that are going nowhere. (A note on the title: If it sounds a little awkward, it’s because there’s wordplay involved that doesn’t quite make it in translation; the title smushes together the word for “third-rate” (sanmai) with the English “my way,” making it both third-rate and my way.)

Third-Rate My Way comes from writer Im Sang-choon of Baek-hee Has Returned and PD Lee Na-jung of Nice Guy. It premieres in May as a Wednesday-Thursday KBS drama.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

For those who don't agree with me & want to argue about, pls don't mention or quote me because this controversial issue is never ending. We have our opinions and you too ^^

P/S: See you in SWDBS thread tonight kkkk :D

well said!!!! :D:D:)

see you tonight.... :wub:

Looks like we have a drama to look forward to :D Park Seo Joon confirmed to be the male lead in an upcoming KBS a drama!

Spoiler

Park Seo Joon And Kim Ji Won Confirmed As Leads For Upcoming KBS Drama

seVUWLC.jpg

Park Seo Joon and Kim Ji Won will be starring in KBS’s upcoming drama titled “Fight My Way” (tentative title).

“Fight My Way” is a romance drama that shares the story of two young people who try to take the paths they want in life despite the harsh reality that keeps bringing them down.

Park Seo Joon will be playing Go Dong Man, a former taekwondo player who used to be famous but ends up becoming a nameless mixed martial arts fighter. Meanwhile, Kim Ji Won will play the role of Choi Ae Ra, a woman who works at a department store’s info desk but dreams of becoming a news anchor. They’ve known each other for a long time, and the two of them are such good friends that they can even joke about each other’s past break-ups. The drama aims to capture viewers’ hearts with a realistic romance story, rather than a sugar-coated one.

Stay tuned for more updates!

Source: https://www.soompi.com/2017/02/23/park-seo-joon-kim-ji-won-confirmed-leads-upcoming-kbs-drama/

7 hours ago, mira08 said:

Umm...i know this is so random but i think the like button is never enough to describe how thankful i am, so i really need to say thanks to @sakura2016, @zagigirl@ferily, and @USAFarmgirl for all your words posted here which always make me happy:heart:

kiss.gif grli.gif...i'm glad you liked it...tnx for your words chingu :)

5 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

3 hours ago, sebastian27 said:

see you tonight.... :wub:

Right...time to move on...

Can i come too? Really hope PHS's fans won't hold grudge on me coz once i liked other character more...

@zagigirl you're free to join us in the other thread. :) the more the merrier as they say. not your fault really that you rooted for PSJ and not PHS, we have our own preferences. :) i must be the crazy one for still hanging out in this thread when it's been so quiet here already. i'm just not quite yet ready to let go of SMJ, same goes for my SMJ x Aro ship, though it has already sunk into the bottom of the ocean. my idiot heart just refuses to let go.

5 minutes ago, jjoy84 said:

@zagigirl you're free to join us in the other thread. :) the more the merrier as they say. not your fault really that you rooted for PSJ and not PHS, we have our own preferences. :) i must be the crazy one for still hanging out in this thread when it's been so quiet here already. i'm just not quite yet ready to let go of SMJ, same goes for my SMJ x Aro ship, though it has already sunk into the bottom of the ocean. my idiot heart just refuses to let go.

Tnx chingu :)

I understand you ...same with me...not ready to say goodbye yet

As for your ship...might have been good if they took another direction from the start...aiming SW&AR to really become like real siblings...and love lines to be king&AR & SW&princess...just think it wouldn't be a happy end in that situation coz no matter how much love might be involved, or how much we would want that, royals do not marry commoners...i'm afraid it would end like SH

6 hours ago, furu.vu217 said:

For me, he is the one deliver the true sageuk vibe/performance & he really outshine the main lead, like he did in High Society. It is not without good reason that we have concluded like this. Look at how many SMJ's fans in soompi forum, youtube, DB, etc ... Look at how Knet react about PHS's acting & visual after each Hwarang eps. Look at 5,6K+ vote up said "What the drama succeeded doing is making King Jinheung the main character ... It ended with Park Hyung Sik getting recognized for his gageuk acting and visuals." PHS just be an idol - actor but he continued to grow over time through each work. I'm so proud & happy because he received a lot of love after Hwarang.

Anw, thank PHS to making a charisma Sam Maek Jong/Ji Dwi Rang/King Jin Heung :wub: I hope he'll won award for his performance in Hwarang ^_^

Same here.

Before I started Hwarang, my thoughts on PHS was :

Who is this PHS? What? An idol? I thought only Siwan from ZE:A acts? Why does he get to share screen time with my Seo Joonie? Second lead? Can he act? He better be cause I don't want him to ruin the drama I had waited for so long. 

After episode 1-3 : I think he did took some acting class to train, after all.

By episode 4, I lost my soul:dizzy:

@zagigirl funny thing is, i knew that my ship would not happen. came into the drama with eyes wide open on who the OTP is, however, stupid heart was so stubborn and would not listen to my brain, and look where that took us. LOL... i guess it might have settled better with me if their pairing was given a shot but had to part due to difference in social class, but that's neither here nor there. would have been perfectly okay wit a bittersweet ending, i'm just weird like that. 

1 hour ago, Ainee Etp said:

Same here.

Before I started Hwarang, my thoughts on PHS was :

Who is this PHS? What? An idol? I thought only Siwan from ZE:A acts? Why does he get to share screen time with my Seo Joonie? Second lead? Can he act? He better be cause I don't want him to ruin the drama I had waited for so long. 

After episode 1-3 : I think he did took some acting class to train, after all.

By episode 4, I lost my soul:dizzy:

and this mirrored perfectly my falling for PHS stages. LOL... it's weird that i ended shipping SMJ and Aro first before i fell in love with him. i started shipping him and Aro since ep 1, because of the chemistry and pull i felt from the "What happens next" scene. i refused to leave the ship, for various reasons, even if it was sinking already. i think it was when they were playing soccer when i realized that i had hopelessly fallen for PHS. LOL...

8 minutes ago, jjoy84 said:

@zagigirl funny thing is, i knew that my ship would not happen. came into the drama with eyes wide open on who the OTP is, however, stupid heart was so stubborn and would not listen to my brain, and look where that took us. LOL... i guess it might have settled better with me if their pairing was given a shot but had to part due to difference in social class, but that's neither here nor there. would have been perfectly okay wit a bittersweet ending, i'm just weird like that. 

Ahh chingu...what can i say...hope your heart has more luck next time :)

1 hour ago, zagigirl said:

Ahh chingu...what can i say...hope your heart has more luck next time :)

i hope so too. LOL. looks like i'm safe with PHS's new drama though. it's pretty ironic that may SLS were both Go Ara's dramas. i've now learned my lesson never to go near her dramas until i'm sure that i would not have SLS again. hoping she and PHS can reunite for a future project as leads. if they can add Yoo Yeon  Seok to the mix, then that would be better. :)

12 hours ago, zagigirl said:

:wub:...BR is missing chingu...please fix it ...pleeeeeeeeeeeese 

EDIT: then again...maybe not...i'm a bit angry at him

Look what woman in crisis does

...and him?

tries to find a way to escape??? <sulk>

:wink:

I tried to fix it but doesn't work!! :( 

hhhhhhhh go easy on him chingu!! he's a nice boy and really I would facing you're love's father is terrifying more than going for a war!! :lol: 

11 hours ago, ferily said:

I was laughing and giggling at that part too because we all knew he was referring to what Aro said when they first met :lol:

I think he's been considered for a role in an upcoming drama! I'm not sure if it has been confirmed or not though...

hhhhhhhhh yes!! :blush: 

yes I know but nothing confirmed yet!! :( I just hope that whatever project he takes turnes out to be a good one and do well and if that comes fast that would be great too!! :D 

11 hours ago, zagigirl said:

Look on old evil man face was priceless 

I hated the character but actor did good job here just like instructor 

@ferily you changed your avatar...we r back to present days right?...i'm sad, i loved PHS with long hair here in hwarang

hhhhhhhhh that was soooooo satisfying!! :lol: surves him right to think he's playing Sun Woo!! :naughty:

10 hours ago, mira08 said:

Umm...i know this is so random but i think the like button is never enough to describe how thankful i am, so i really need to say thanks to @sakura2016, @zagigirl@ferily, and @USAFarmgirl for all your words posted here which always make me happy:heart:

thank you chingu!! it's our pleasure!! :wink::wub: 

9 hours ago, silvianage said:

Aww so cute I think I missed it, any kind soul informed me where I can see this BTS video 

here it is chingu!! :wink: the moment I talked about is at 2:24 :lol: 

9 hours ago, silvianage said:

Do you have any news? for his new drama? I was hoping he will do action drama

Spoiler

he's considering a drama called "Thid-Rae My Way" and if he signs in you'll see him in action!! :wink::love: as he used to be a hotshot Taekwonder fighter in his high school days before ending up with ordinary office job but will decide to burst out from his boring life and joines the UFC league to compete to become a professional fighter. :love: 

4 hours ago, ferily said:

Looks like we have a drama to look forward to :D Park Seo Joon confirmed to be the male lead in an upcoming KBS a drama!

Hide contents

Park Seo Joon And Kim Ji Won Confirmed As Leads For Upcoming KBS Drama

Park Seo Joon and Kim Ji Won will be starring in KBS’s upcoming drama titled “Fight My Way” (tentative title).

“Fight My Way” is a romance drama that shares the story of two young people who try to take the paths they want in life despite the harsh reality that keeps bringing them down.

Park Seo Joon will be playing Go Dong Man, a former taekwondo player who used to be famous but ends up becoming a nameless mixed martial arts fighter. Meanwhile, Kim Ji Won will play the role of Choi Ae Ra, a woman who works at a department store’s info desk but dreams of becoming a news anchor. They’ve known each other for a long time, and the two of them are such good friends that they can even joke about each other’s past break-ups. The drama aims to capture viewers’ hearts with a realistic romance story, rather than a sugar-coated one.

Stay tuned for more updates!

Source: https://www.soompi.com/2017/02/23/park-seo-joon-kim-ji-won-confirmed-leads-upcoming-kbs-drama/

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! THANK YOU SOMUCH FOR THE NEWS!! :w00t::w00t::w00t: I'M SOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!! :love: 

I really miss seeing sam maek jong on screen, and the bromance (SMJ with sunwoo, Banryuu with suhoo, yoonwoo with hansung, and all of them team up together), and banryu love story, and how suho supporting dan defending his chingu to his father, and yoonwoo backround story (who is he, what make him him) etc..

I am sad when thinking about the lost of opportunity to make this drama great....they have better actors then the other preproduced saeguk, all the actors fit their roles and they are all charming in their own ways (well except for Ahro, sorry for go ahra fans)..

It could have been great coming of ages story of young people at the old ages of shila....oh well..

16 minutes ago, fionnoula said:

I am sad when thinking about the lost of opportunity to make this drama great....they have better actors then the other preproduced saeguk, all the actors fit their roles and they are all charming in their own ways (well except for Ahro, sorry for go ahra fans)..

to be fair to Ara, her character was very poorly written. her main purpose is to become the pretty prop that the guys need to rescue time and again. she did well, though overacted at times, in the first couple of episodes.

To all the BanSoo shippers, it is implied in the finale that Ban Ryu and Soo Yeon eventually got married.

Towards the end of ep 20, you will notice that Ban Ryu’s headpiece has changed. Instead of wearing a ponytail, he’s sporting a topknot, which, at the time, is worn only by men who are of nobility/authority or married. Since Ban Ryu was stripped from his privileges after his fathers’ wrongdoings, it couldn’t be that he’s wearing it because he’s got a high status. Sure, he could have been given a designation by King Jin Heung, but even Sun Woo, the King’s right hand, has his (hideous) hair down! I think it’s safe to assume that he has a top knot as he’s a married man!

How I wish we could get some form of confirmation on this, though. The BanSoo scenes just weren’t ever enough! Writernim probably had no idea that the audience will love them more than the dragging love triangle of Sun Woo, Sam Maek Jong, and Ahro. Pffff.

***Props to my friend, who noticed this teeny detail first. Jjang observation skills!

SAW THIS ON DRAMABEANS! MADE MY DAY! *SOBS*

totally love this drama!! :wub: 

cr: jeromekirby21

cr:  dramacream_jiaminying

@crazyyo Ban Ryu was having the same changed hair style while he met Soo Yeon and at that moment they were caught by her father when they she was telling him to keep their relationship a secret from her father for the time being!! though I hope they got married, same for Sun Woo and Ah Ro by the end of the drama!! :wink::wub: 

24 minutes ago, sakura2016 said:

totally love this drama!! :wub: 

cr: jeromekirby21

cr:  dramacream_jiaminying

@crazyyo Ban Ryu was having the same changed hair style while he met Soo Yeon and at that moment they were caught by her father when they she was telling him to keep their relationship a secret from her father for the time being!! though I hope they got married, same for Sun Woo and Ah Ro by the end of the drama!! :wink::wub: 

No no not the fringe it's the top knot we are talking about , top knot shows that a man is married where as a pony tail indicates he is single (or very hight status like the king) (as shown in moon lovers all the married men had top knot and single ones a pony tail , lol I learned most of the things from moon lovers) when he met sooyeon he had a ponytail where as in the end he had a top knot :D 

13 minutes ago, crazyyo said:

No no not the fringe it's the top knot we are talking about , top knot shows that a man is married where as a pony tail indicates he is single (or very hight status like the king) (as shown in moon lovers all the married men had top knot and single ones a pony tail , lol I learned most of the things from moon lovers) when he met sooyeon he had a ponytail where as in the end he had a top knot :D 

hhhhhhhhhh oh didn't notice!! :sweatingbullets:

MVs!! :wub: 

Archived