Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

something I found to brighten up our room.. we are so quiet lately... such a cute video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOeaMNtwYLY

cr: wann tass

PS: @bunnyqueens17 you made me cry after reading THAT Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind SunTaek version.. Thank you fro sharing :-)

something I found to brighten up our room.. we are so quiet lately... such a cute video..

cr: wann tass

PS: @bunnyqueens17 you made me cry after reading THAT Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind SunTaek version.. Thank you fro sharing :-)

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While waiting for the new eps to be out...I enjoyed reading your comments and analysis of what could be the end of Reply 88..Since the begining I was rooting for Park Bo gum I didn't want his character to be wasted....and also the fact that he's a famous public figure and that he doesn't have a mother is pretty similar to Chilbong who needed his mother's love...so I didn't want him to have a miserable pitiful love story.

I was team Chilbong in Reply 94 I felt so bad for him but the ending was expected it had a logical developpment and if Najung ended up with Chilbong it would be lacking .even if we loved Chilbong Trash was meant to be the husband !

Well as for reply 1988...like most of the viewers I like both male main leads Junghwan and Taek ....I knew since the begining that Sunwoo wasn't Junghwan's rival...something was off .

even though I wanted Taek to be the husband I had a feeling that Junghwan will win in the end ...the mainstream bickering couple ...he's more lead material judging by his personnality . but little by little the writer developped Taek's character and made us see more of his interactions with Doksun...after I read Packamul 3 (If Im not mistaken) I realised that Taek's character was always present since the begining (he camera angle thingy),he loved Doksun even before Junghwan . Im still confused about the colors theory...I rewatched the episodes 3 times already and I noticed that they always put green and yellow together so green is the husband's color again ...most of the time Taek is wearing green while Junghwan is seen with blue...even Taek's house door is green...the dolls are still confusing me ...but we shouldn't get our hopes up judging by the colors since it could be a bait.

Now judging by Doksun's attitude...whenever Taek does some suspicious acts with her or gets more physical (like when he leans on her ,touches her hand, followed her to the bathroom, covered her from getting hit with the ball...) she looks flustered or nervous ...it reminds me a lot of Eunji's look when Yoonjae asked her not to let him date her friend or when he saved her from the stalker....on the other hand when Junghwan does heart fluttering actions she just questions herself if he likes her...she's just happy at the idea of someone liking her...that's how immature and childish she is I don't blame her character for that it's totally normal she's still a teenager ...she even found dating Junghwan unconfortable when her friends suggested it (it's not a hint...it's just that she's not ready yet)

I liked how Dongryeong pointed out that what's important is who she really loves...and at that moment we saw Taek...actually she doesn't even realise it herself...Im looking forward to the next episode to see what she's going to do from now on...

Now as for the deveoppment at first I was fine with Junghwan being the husband...but now im not !! if she ends up in love with Junghwan I feel like it doesn't make sense anymore they should give us a "moral" in life and show us that "love" is not calculated ....it's not like we expect something in return from the other party...and that sometimes it is near but we don't notice it ....Taek's character is much more built up compared to junghwan so now it would be a shame to toss him off and make Junghwan the hubby just because his character is more lead like or because the public is into this kind of "tsundere" type of guys.

They should focus on the chemistry and the logical developpment between the main leads...and I feel like that was School 2015 biggest mistake I have nothing against Han Yi Aan or Nam joohyuk (he played his character well)but Taegwang had more chemistry with Eunbi and his character was built up better . That's why they better make Taek the husband .

Lastly , I would like to talk about the future version of the hubby ...I thought that he resembled Junghwan more they have a lot of things in common....so I was like if Taek ends up being the hubby it would be as if the future version was just misleading the viewers to confuse us .but after rewatching the eps  I came to realise that the husband also have a lot of things in common with Taek too : How he says that Doksun was pretty in the past , his selective memory , how he doesn't wear warm clothes or socks...as for pointing some  harsh remarks towards the older Doksun and teasing her...Taek in the past did that too several times when he said that Bora must have been doksun in her previous life , when he laughed at her calling herself Sooyeon...

Still there are things Im curious about and I'd like to know what do u think:

1- Who did Dokseon  give the chocolate to ?  How does he know ?

2- Junghwan left the camcoder next to Jinjo ....something must be there....They're definitely going to show it later when the husband is revealed ><

3- The fact that she chose Taek's gloves over Junghwan could mean that the husband is chosen "it's Taek" but it can also mean that she's too embarassed to wear Junghwan's gloves because she likes him...it's pretty confusing ><

3- ..When Bora read Doksun's diary and said "Eommaaaaa...Doksun likes someone"....who was it ? before liking Sunwoo did Doksun have feeling for someone else or is it just Sunwoo....and how did the actual husband find her diary ? what did discover ? 

4- It is said that the husband dated before getting together with Doksun >< 

5- Im still curious about Doksun's reaction when they thought that Taek was in the plane crash u_u maybe she never knew...

My favorite reply season is the first one because I could relate to a lot of stuff there but also because it delivered so much in less than 45 minutes which is impressive !

Reply 94 compared to reply 1988 is lacking ....for example I feel like Najeong cared about Chilbong but she was never confused about her feelings she wasn't that attached to him since they didn't grew up together like the characters in reply 1988 and reply 1997 and that's one of the reasons why Taek shouldn't be compared with Chilbong .

Still can't believe that I wrote such a long post lol

Edited by Betsi Soma
  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Betsi Soma said:

Now as for the deveoppment at first I was fine with Junghwan being the husband...but now im not !! if she ends up in love with Junghwan I feel like it doesn't make sense anymore

 

this!!! I think up until ep 13 I could slightly rationalize DS and JH together at the end and even now to keep myself sane I keep saying I will be fine if its JH at the end ...but the writer and director are making it very difficult. I hate to say someone is main lead vs not. But SW, BR, TK and DS all really are being pushed into that category. If you looks at DB recaps most of the time she mentions what really got her was a scene from TK...like the amount of time spent on building his emotional presence on the screen ( both relevant and not to the triangle) is something that a main lead would get...now this doesn't mean he is the husband. In Reply 1994, in EP 15 and 16 CB was sent off to Japan ( aka a character standstill) now when TK was sent off to Japan ( EP 13 superman one) we instead got the chunk of the episode focused on his growth...tell me there is a clear difference!

also from DB:

Park Bo-gum will hold his first fan meeting on the day Answer Me 1988 concludes, January 16, at KBS arena, a space which fits 3,000 people. There are whispers some of his 1988 castmates might show up (although between it and I Remember You, he was the clear breakout).

-----

@libra83 I mentioned it as well but I think there were rumors on DC that PBG filmed at a hospital because a nurse mentioned he did. The next day Trash confirmed to have filmed a scene ( the article mentioned it was likely with SW). I also checked and PBG did not do music bank this week so he was free to film on the rumored day. The fact TK gets headaches, ( and thoroughly listed his medication in ep 16) and Trash is a neurosurgeon might be a reason for them to film together but I hope he does not need surgery... 

*asked my sister and also checked online...people with chronic headaches can visit neurologists... but also in 1994 had trash fully become one? because usually you have to do general surgery and be practising as a general doctor in the hospital before? I am not sure how Korean medical system works though

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mangachickava said:

so regarding the movie scene, it was very short but if y'all noticed it paralleled another scene...when DS got up early to bus with JH....so, for me the movie scene was a subtle hint at how much TK liked DS (again another hint before ep 10 reveal)

 

@mangachickava Good find! Taek had not slept for two nights straight before that night remember,but he still is very much interested to go out on the movie night with deok sun after the first snow confession.Also if I remember correctly,when sun woo was confessing,how he has been loving someone for three years..deok sun said,confess on the first snow ,taek may have listened to it ,too.And maybe for him the first step for confessing was asking her out on the first snow night.So after that much build up,he's dead tired,but still decides to go on the movie date..even if he ends up sleeping,Which was repeated on that 'bus scene' when deok sun has succeeded to catch jh,after trying for two days straight,but ends up sleeping.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhh my lovely fellow room mates! Guess what, I feel much better now, since my gloomy last post! Blame the winter and lack of sun! :D 4 more days, and we can have another dose of AM1988! Wooohooo!

Remember, if Taek is indeed the husband, then we all should be prepared for giant wave of ANGST that will come to our port soon! Future husband dated a lot of girls prior to his marriage to DS right? This will be heart-breaking, since we know that Taek's love for DS welled up from deep deep bond and his serial dating would be his way to shoo her away/ forget her. Thinking about it already makes my heart hurt :( 

I'm so proud that we all have quite laid back attitude and can't believe we have come this far! From delusional to most likely real, what an achievement. No matter where the ship goes we have our faith that the writer and PD will not throw away story logic for easy conclusion. We will celebrate the end like a champion together! :)

Btw, apologise to you all, I can't upload Choi Taek 6 Dan article's translation just yet, since my friend is away today. However, as soon as he's finished, I will post it here.

Why so silent? Let's hit 150 pages until Friday! We can do it!!

@st4rdust, thanks for the 1000 faces of Taek image. I LOVE IT!!

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Betsi Soma I was anxious about jh' look alike hubby too,but then again LMY does not look at all like deok sun,and she acts totally different.And the brother is literally the opposite version of uri sweet no eul.So I don't know if the actors are supposed to be taken seriously or not.However I'm also curious a bout the chocolate which also comes in the teaser that is included at the start of all the reply playlist videos of tvn.[*Maybe the fact that this teaser is shown every time,is because the pd/writer is again trolling with us like saying,take a deep look],And I also noticed that the chocolate is quite big in size...lol.I don't remember though where was taek when all the boys left jh's place.Was he the first one who left?

Also loved what you sed here:

' Lastly , I would like to talk about the future version of the hubby ...I thought that he resembled Junghwan more they have a lot of things in common....so I was like if Taek ends up being the hubby it would be as if the future version was just misleading the viewers to confuse us .but after rewatching the eps  I came to realise that the husband also have a lot of things in common with Taek too : How he says that Doksun was pretty in the past , his selective memory , how he doesn't wear warm clothes or socks...as for pointing some  harsh remarks towards the older Doksun and teasing her...Taek in the past did that too several times when he said that Bora must have been doksun in her previous life , when he laughed at her calling herself Sooyeon... "

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@st4rdust I love angry taek! Thank you for the awesome pic though,maybe we should make it our wallpaper? Hahah.Anyway another thing that comes in mind regarding the looks.Isn't  jh more handsome/have strong features compared to tk? Which is a parallel to previous reply somewhat.As chilbong was more impressive/good looking compared to trash...But it depends on different perspectives too yeah.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@nearsea  Im trying to analyze the chocolate scene >< just now I was watching the ost mvs and I realised that when Sunwoo broke his leg...when Doksun was talking with Taek and Junghwan the moment she noticed that Sunwoo is coming she rushed towards him to help him...Junghwan and Taek kept looking at her...(camera angle change again) maybe he knew that she had a crush on him back then ...and knew about the chocolate....Everything is confusing I can't believe we still have to wait for another week until we get the eps with the proper subs ...it's suffocating.

It's driving me crazy I keep rewatching the eps trying to find some clues >< even in my everyday life now I pay too much attention to the colors especially green and yello x)

I still can't believe that after 2 weeks we won't be seeing Taek's bright smile , Doksun's silliness , the cool junghwan , funny Dongryeong , Bora's nagging , Cheetah T_T , Junghwan's father ,Jungbong , the dean and Doksun's friends ....the whole cast was just amazing T_T we're too used to them  now :/ I can already feel the emptiness...they filled my days with happiness x) if in the next episode there's a time jump we won't even be seeing Jinjo in the last eps u_u

Someone talked about Taek and Junghwan's friendship...thinking about how much they care about each other is just heart warming T.T 

Bora's narration quote when junghwan covered Taek with a blanket : "When you love someone it doesn't mean that you don't hate him....it's just that you can't hate him" *Park boram's ost playing* T^T ...and that's what I didn't like about reply 1994....(Actually reply 1994 is one of the best dramas but I feel the need to point out its weaknesses) Trash didn't deeply care about Chilbong and didn't really care even if he was heart broken he had other worries like causing awkwardness with Najeong's family....so since the begining Chilbong was a third wheel....the bonds between the main leads  in reply 1988 are too strong T_T

Edited by Betsi Soma
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rembrandtz_5e20 said:

I thought the production team was really clever to take a break and put out the bts after the pivotal EP 16.

Watching the BTS of the shoe lace scene actually put into perspective the theme of friendship between JH and TK. I know a lot of us are screaming noble idiocy at both boys, but the story of the JH-TK-DS is way deeper than just love, it is also a lot about friendship.

I didnt think much about the shoe lace scene, until the bts came out and RJY was explaining why both he and PBG were crying even though the scene didnt call for it. From their understanding of the script, it must have felt deeply painful to think that they have to make a choice that will hurt the other deeply.

It hurt so bad to watch TK at the end of EP16, but I have now accepted that backing out is necessary for the development of DS's relationship with TK, and for JH and TK's friendship. I want DS to grow to love TK as her special one, not because he loved her first, and certainly not out of fear of hurting him, but because she loves the man that he is. 

 

9 hours ago, st4rdust said:

As I listen to Nami's Sad Fate as recommended by @shooastrid

I wonder about the time jump and if this is a song for DS? 

Who is the figure leaving? Will it be Taek? I am glad for the time jump, because all our characters need time to grow up more. Taek is a bit too dependant on DS now... He is 18, living with his dad who takes care of all his needs...
I want to see him come into his own, be capable of living by himself, learning how to balance his life and Baduk. To rem to eat when he is supposed to, sleep when he is supposed to... To be able to CURSE when he wants, and not just be a pushover to everybody... He is too sweet to be a Baduk diva, but I hope he will at least have a capable assistant who will buy him the food he needs so he can eat properly and compete better =.= His current manager SUCKS. They just put it down as ''Master Choi doesn't eat before matches'' and leave it at that... what is he even being paid for.... ?? 

When that time comes, and they reunite, what will the dynamic then be? How do you approach someone who no longer needs you to teach him to swear, how to open a yogurt cup... to do the simple things that you have been doing for him all his life? ( because no matter how cute it is that an 18yr old can't open a yogurt cup becos of my bias, I CANNOT accept a 24 yr old to not know how to do that... I just can't...XD ) 

Can they fall back in love again? ( OF COS THEY CAN, this is OUR SHIP hahahaha) but.... its interesting to mull over right? I can't wait to see what the writer has in store for us....

 

 

 

Guys guys guys, you know what I'd really like that to happen!. When the time gap happens, 6 years later, meeting again, our taekie & DS..:phew: mmm, 6 years can change person a lot (especially after what they've been through) and with Taekie, this could be it. I don't know what's gonna happen in the next episodes, but I hope that since Taek is giving up his love, DS is starting to realize her feelings towards him. Ironic, huh? but it might happen. I think DS would realize her feeling (finally), but maybe a little too late since there is said to be a time gap, which god I hope will be. Because I also want to see 6 years older Taek meeting his first, most precious love deok sun. Not to mention deok sun, meeting taek who used to be the baby of the OT5. And this time he could really open the yogurt cup, lol. What would their meeting be like? (even thinking abt it i'm going crazy:w00t:) I really want to see Taek as grown up, handling his life well, looking good, persistent, making deok sun go crazy just with his intensive gaze towards her and she wouldn't know what to do again...Ahh the physical attraction...:wub:

Don't get me wrong. I love Taek already as he is, he is very kind and I don't want the writer to change that. nope. but I'd like to see him persuading DS more straightforwardly in the future, because he couldn't do it when they were younger. And most of all, I want to see DS all head over heels for our Taekie :D HA-HA-HA, Imagination running wild but do you hear meee writer-nim? Answer me. :w00t:

 

ABT the thing that the husband dated girls before DS. Well, completely possible that it was Taek :D Because of the 6 years they might spent apart?. I could think it as Taek dated a lot of girls but never the one he really wanted. He was so hurt after giving up his love and did his best trying to forget her but the point is, he never could. BAM! And they meet again, 6 years later, in 1994. And the rest is history. Wow, I feel like I could write a fanfiction with these two. :w00t: Ahh, the feels. 

 

 

abt deok sun's diary confession. IDK about it, if it wasn't SW then who could it be? Taek? :w00t::w00t::w00t:

I4tWHB9.gif

(lol, I'd surely like that)

 

 

ahh thanks for bearing with me, you know I love you all. Bye! B)

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Betsi Soma lovely analysis you gat there.As for your questions (sorry I cut your post short), I also wonder.

Spoiler

 

1- Who did Dokseon  give the chocolate to ?  How does he know ?

 

2- Junghwan left the camcoder next to Jinjo ....something must be there....They're definitely going to show it later when the husband is revealed ><

 

3- The fact that she chose Taek's gloves over Junghwan could mean that the husband is chosen "it's Taek" but it can also mean that she's too embarassed to wear Junghwan's gloves because she likes him...it's pretty confusing ><

 

3- ..When Bora read Doksun's diary and said "Eommaaaaa...Doksun likes someone"....who was it ? before liking Sunwoo did Doksun have feeling for someone else or is it just Sunwoo....and how did the actual husband find her diary ? what did discover ? 

 

4- It is said that the husband dated before getting together with Doksun >< 

 

5- Im still curious about Doksun's reaction when they thought that Taek was in the plane crash u_u maybe she never knew.

1. Only the drama gods/camcorder know about the chocolate. No one knew about it( JH,TK,SW,DR) being put in a bag or that there was a pack of chocolate to begin with. The hubby can only find out Through a diary/ that camcorder that was on the floor.

2. JH didn't leave the CAM next to JJ. JH's dad did and that was after his wife forced him to put it down. 

3. For her to wear TK's could mean: (a) she directly asked TK for it (b) she didn't know how she would feel wearing JH's mittens (c) it could be a red herring/ could be useful in the future.

4. This diary has gotten many ways in which it has been looked at. BR read the diary and screamed to tell her mama. Dramfever subs made it seem like she liked someone in the past WHILE some people say its SW she actually talked about and mellinadear thinks its about someone in the past but we will never know. The husband could have been less busy (I wanna assume that) and then found the diary Or DS was careless about it and he took it and read it. So far we only know about the chocolate ish that he found out but there might be other things he knows that we the viewers dunno yet.

5. It's said that hubby dated(not in college. Subs didn't mention college, even db recaps didn't mention college but some people said its in college. What to believe.. Hmmm). It can apply to both characters (TK & JH) . We know TK loved DS way before JH and after finding out about "the feels" from his friend, It can make TK move on so that he can forget about DS. JH can also move on and date other people(hmmm...). 

6. JH & DS were absent from the plane crash news but later we found JH(towards the episode's end) trying to blow dry his hair but DS was still no where to be found. Mystery... Where is Sherlock Holmes when you need him? 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've thought about what if Deok Sun was sad because she raised her hopes up, but ended up having to study. 
I'm pretty sure I saw something like this in the MT, but it just doesn't make sense to me that the only reasons she could be sad are that Junghwan doesn't seem to like her and her grades aren't very good. 
Has anyone noticed that Taek never told her about a movie? He just told her to keep her Saturday free and he'll call her the night before. Never once did he mention a movie. So it's logically not possible for Deok Sun to be anticipating a movie, she was anticipating Taek. Now, why did she say, " Nothing's working out for me lately."? So why is nothing going right for her? If you think about it, she was all happy knowing that if Taek won, she would spend her Saturday with him, she wasn't even a bit sad that she might not get to study that day. She only became sad or even realized her sadness after Taek said he couldn't make it. Deok Sun was sad because of Taek. She wasn't sad about anything before Taek cancelled. In other words, she wasn't as bummed out as afterwards. She could have been sad about not having a dream job, not having a college to go to and Junghwan not liking her, but she's never shown a level of sadness where she was completely down for the entire day until that SATURDAY.  
If we do find out that Taek is not the husband, I will be okay with Junghwan being the husband, but I will not be okay with the poor script writing that led up to it.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hermess-san said:

Yep Taek future is a big question mark. He cant play baduk forever. Erm do you guys have a thought about Bora's husband? His career? And I find it weird how soft she spoke to her husband unlike how she speak to SW. Maybe she marry someone else? and it looks like the husband was working far away...(sorry if someone has discuss about this im just curious)

 

Actually Baduk is a career that one can play until you grow old... Very old...

As long as your sense of play evolves... Most baduk players are obsessed with finding the best game... 

You need to know a bit about Baduk to fully appreciate how great Taek is at his 'job'... This is why once their talent is found, most players cease schooling and just concentrate on this career. :)

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Wendy Wang said:

If we do find out that Taek is not the husband, I will be okay with Junghwan being the husband, but I will not be okay with the poor script writing that led up to it

Me too lol.

Anyway about deok sun expecting taek,and not the movie,does it have any significance? What do you think? 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nearsea said:

Me too lol.

Anyway about deok sun expecting taek,and not the movie,does it have any significance? What do you think? 

I think it does. If she knew about the movie, we wouldn't be able to assume that, but she was never told. I think this proves that whether she knows it or not, she doesn't see Taek as just a friend. I mean, Taek had no reason to not tell her about the movie, but the writer made him not to. Why is it that all he said was for Deok Sun to leave her Saturday free? I think that says a lot. 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh oh oh.... The porn...the porn! factor!

If I remembered correctly... Shiwon was always attacking YJ about his porn collection right? 

I feel the way DS accepted JH liking it, is like how one may accept your siblings liking it... But when it's the guy you ( are unaware you love)  you keep hoping they are more perfect than they are lol

She even hits DR when she blames him for being the one to lead Taek astray lol 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't know how the writer is going to work out the ds-tk relationship arc,if they really happen.For instance,the sibling<friend< lover vibe could work out for DS.I mean she shares her fear or weakness,in any state..which we saw when she was scared of the flasher guy...or when she basically orders him not to ever leak the info lol,that she cried a river over the horrid incident. Also I felt when he says to ds,'Regardless, keep Saturday free.I'll call you after my match.Got it?'..He was kind of stating it,as a grown up would,which again gave a different vibe to the pseudo concert-date of jh-ds.That was more something which yet needed a name to have a firm establishment upon,a hazy scene which is something between a date/or friend's hang out.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doksun and Taek sitting in the stairs reminded me of Siwon and Yoonjae....it's as if the pd-nim's always trying to show us  the intimacy between the leads in that place....where secrets are shared...same thing happened in Reply 1994 if Im not mistaken . 

I read in a previous comment before that the husband always has a special connection with the girl's father but Junghwan and Taek are lacking this....it's not an argument to strengthen our ship but do u guys remember that sung dong Il took Taek as his drinking buddy when his mother died ;)

Anyways...the first guy to kiss Doksun will end up being the husband ._. (that's what happened in the previous seasons)  If Taekkie is the husband I can't wait to see his lovey dovey moments with Hyeri ...The production team never fails in making us enjoy the leads moments together...>///<

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, st4rdust said:

Oh oh oh.... The porn...the porn! factor!

If I remembered correctly... Shiwon was always attacking YJ about his porn collection right? 

I feel the way DS accepted JH liking it, is like how one may accept your siblings liking it... But when it's the guy you ( are unaware you love)  you keep hoping they are more perfect than they are lol

She even hits DR when she blames him for being the one to lead Taek astray lol 

Touche! DS is okay with jh watching porn,but she does not let it slip for tk,she is not permitting him watching this because she cares,,again that's like stating her boundary right?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@raphelancia

Nice meeting you too.. welcome on board. 

 

12 hours ago, st4rdust said:

As I listen to Nami's Sad Fate as recommended by @shooastrid

I wonder about the time jump and if this is a song for DS? 

Who is the figure leaving? Will it be Taek? I am glad for the time jump, because all our characters need time to grow up more. Taek is a bit too dependant on DS now... He is 18, living with his dad who takes care of all his needs...
I want to see him come into his own, be capable of living by himself, learning how to balance his life and Baduk. To rem to eat when he is supposed to, sleep when he is supposed to... To be able to CURSE when he wants, and not just be a pushover to everybody... He is too sweet to be a Baduk diva, but I hope he will at least have a capable assistant who will buy him the food he needs so he can eat properly and compete better =.= His current manager SUCKS. They just put it down as ''Master Choi doesn't eat before matches'' and leave it at that... what is he even being paid for.... ?? 

When that time comes, and they reunite, what will the dynamic then be? How do you approach someone who no longer needs you to teach him to swear, how to open a yogurt cup... to do the simple things that you have been doing for him all his life? ( because no matter how cute it is that an 18yr old can't open a yogurt cup becos of my bias, I CANNOT accept a 24 yr old to not know how to do that... I just can't...XD ) 

Can they fall back in love again? ( OF COS THEY CAN, this is OUR SHIP hahahaha) but.... its interesting to mull over right? I can't wait to see what the writer has in store for us....

 

As I watch that figure going farther and farther away from behind  
Still, I won’t say this moment is goodbye

It was sweet, wasn’t it?
The two hearts drenched inside those numerous memories
How shall we forget?

Ah you will come again
You can’t stand loneliness
Ah to my side
you will come back again

But when that time comes
When I meet you again
Can we fall in love again?
During those days flying by
Again, just how much
tears am I gonna shed?

 

@st4rdust

Well, i hope taek will be able to be more independent without ds. But when ds is with him, he just couldnt help but rely on her like a child. XD

12 hours ago, anishaym said:

Hi guys, this is the first fmv made by me for TKxDS. I'm sorry if the fmv's not good bcs this is my first try. Promise that i'll improve hehe

And the background music is from girls day - come slowly. The lyrics's kinda suit for uri TK and DS.

Enjoy!

 

Reply 1988 TK X DS - Come Slowly

@anishaym

I love your fmv... good pick on the song! Its so true that taek was kind of a nobody in the beginning and slowly (and slyly) crept into our hearts(and hopefully into ds's heart). From the fmv, i noticed that there are so many scenes where ds and taek were holding hands which i didnt notice before... its because they are so comfortable together that i overlooked it. 

10 hours ago, mellinadear said:

@st4rdust now that you mentioned the YOGURT scene, I want to say this. Lol.

I was watching the episode where DS' dad wanted her to go learn baduk from TK. And we were shown TK battling with the lid for the yogurt and DS battling with the Rubik cube. 

TK, if peradventure he can't use his hands to open the lid, he can use objects to puncture it and that would make things easier right? But he instead decided to use his teeth, which is even 100xs more easier. And he still could not open it lol. I played this scene over and over and over and then I burst out laughing. Why,u ask? 

Recently TK-DS shippers have begun to SEE scenes MORE than we did before. Our eyes have begun to open and thereby making us question TK's capabilities. 

A normal 18yr old can tear off that lid with a finger, heck even a 3yr old can do that but uri Taekie can't. *scoffs* Do the writers really EXPECT me to believe that? Of course not.. Lmao. Before, I went all, "awww..he's adorable", but now, I still find him cute and adorable but at the same time I go ," Taekie, you wise- @$$ ". He surely knows how to open that lid for the yogurt but he wanted DS to do it for him and our girl ended up gulping the yogurt down instead of giving it to the owner which again I question, Was the yogurt really for him? If he wanted it back, he would have ASKED for it or DS woulda given it back but noooo...we saw nothing like that. Hahaha.. OR maybe he really doesn't know how to open the lid. *shrugs* 

Maybe I'm reading wayyyyyyyy too much/ allowing myself to go delulu but its OK. Its more fun. It's even more FUN that we all in this thread have started to read more/analyse TK's actions but at the same time, we do not forget to be mature about it and enjoy the show. Seriously, everyone needs to watch that yogurt scene again LOL. *sigh* TK is driving me coo-coo.

@mellinadear

I had watched that scenes so many times... taek is just too cute biting on the lid... its one of the scenes which i had bookmarked into my 'brain'. 

9 hours ago, rembrandtz_5e20 said:

I thought the production team was really clever to take a break and put out the bts after the pivotal EP 16.

Watching the BTS of the shoe lace scene actually put into perspective the theme of friendship between JH and TK. I know a lot of us are screaming noble idiocy at both boys, but the story of the JH-TK-DS is way deeper than just love, it is also a lot about friendship.

I didnt think much about the shoe lace scene, until the bts came out and RJY was explaining why both he and PBG were crying even though the scene didnt call for it. From their understanding of the script, it must have felt deeply painful to think that they have to make a choice that will hurt the other deeply.

It hurt so bad to watch TK at the end of EP16, but I have now accepted that backing out is necessary for the development of DS's relationship with TK, and for JH and TK's friendship. I want DS to grow to love TK as her special one, not because he loved her first, and certainly not out of fear of hurting him, but because she loves the man that he is. 

@rembrandtz_5e20

You have all my support. I could never stand being together because of pity. Until now, its only shown that ds is comfortable with taek but never really need him. Its always taek who needs ds with him.. hoping that there'll be more progress on ds's side.

9 hours ago, sellachun6002 said:

 from the very beginning, i realized that all taek-sun scenes are cut/shorted very unusually, it makes me feel a little strange more than other reply series before, that's writer's aim to push on its into the last 4 episodes as flashbacks, isn't it? i doubt that we have no much time. 

even some scenes have flashbacks in same eps, it's not detail enough to describe the scene totally and perfectly, it's not satisfied me and my feelings. For example, first movie take-sun time, we have a flashback that uri taekie got a sleep against sun's shoulder, but how about before that time? how about taek's feelings? that's flashback based on sun's memory, not taek's. i am wondering if PD nim will make another flashback for this scene, if so, it's repeated unnecessarily.

another scene, when sun found out taek's smoking habit, it's cut again,did she say something? did she just keep silent and treating him as usual? we have to image it or there's another flashback again? if so, it's repeated with the same situation unreasonably. 

hi guys, do u feel the same? 

 

@sellachun6002

Maybe ds just accepts tAek's habit. Now that you mention, its really weird that she didnt comment anything about taek's smoking. She was so cool about it

9 hours ago, yeonana said:

Hi Chingus... hope you don't mind me bunking here in Taek's room as well :) 

I adore the family and friendship bonding between all characters in the Sangmundong neighbourhood (the adult, the kids and their siblings) and will greatly miss the times that they spent together when the kids move on to grow up :mellow:

I feel that there is an equal chance that TK might be the end game. Us viewers know how JH and TK feel about DS, but DS's feelings will be the key to unlock the mystery husband. As many insights have already been shared by our Chingus here, I would like to just add on a few... and sorry if it sounds repetitive:

1. The sweet scenes between JH and DS since EP.3 kinda slowly fizzled from EP.11 onwards... by EP.14 (after the pink shirt misunderstanding) the interaction between JH and DS sort of turned platonic. Of course things could also play out having Mi Ok clear the misunderstanding and everything between JH and DS falls back in place.

2. DS is loud and acted like she was going to spill on them whenever the boys drink alcohol or watch R-rated movies (aka Special Unit), but she was silent when she found out that TK was smoking, and afterwards he didn't even hide the fact from her anymore. It's not uncommon for Korean men to smoke, but 18 years old is still legally underage. This may have been the start of something different - first realisation that there's a different side to TK (to both us viewers & DS).

3. When DS sent clams over to TK's house, and saw him knocked out and then tucked him in bed... this scene looked like a parallel to JH tucking TK into bed. JH realised that he just couldn't be angry or dislike TK (unlike how he reacted to SW)... those kids love each other like brothers. When it came to DS... the look on her face looks unsettled... sad? from his earlier confession that she doesn't know him at all and that he has someone he likes? worried? that he's taking too much medicine again and over worked?

4. Buying him the snack just before his final match. Why only for TK? Was it an excuse to remind him of their date on Saturday? Was it to check on whether his instructor and manager were going with him so that someone will take care of his need? Or was it to see him before he went off? Or was it just because?

The earlier future husband scenes which seems like only JH would know, I think it may play out to be TK too:

1. TK was there when she asked SW to confess to his crush on the day of the first snowfall (we didn't get to see his reaction). Maybe TK observed that DS is crushing on SW (he's quiet and a keen observer) or this was what prompt him to make his first move (asking her for a movie).

2. On the day of the first snowfall, the radio broadcasted Sunny from Sangmundong's postcard. Maybe he heard the broadcast and knew that she sent postcards to the radio station.

3. He knew SW's relationship with Bora noona, and if he knew DS had a crush on SW... it wouldn't take a genius to know that things didn't work out for DS and SW on that snowy day.

Anyways, regardless of the end game, will stick around and be watching with 88'ers here till the end :D

@yeonana

Welcome to the room. I noticed that ds had always been feeling uneasy looking at taek's condition. But somehow i think she did explain to taek's father that she thinks taek shouldnt be bothered before his competition and would collapse even with a light touch (something like that, i forgot)

9 hours ago, st4rdust said:

@sellachun6002 I am not sure if you feel that the flashbacks were too short... but for me it was enough... :) The movie scene, Taek looked uneasy probably becos he meant to confess after the movie, but as fate ( or the writer planned), he fell asleep instead due to fatigue ... He won't have any flashbacks from that, since he was in dreamland... As for his smoking habit, there is nothing much to say... Her dad etc all smokes... Its not like she can ask him to stop right? She asked him to cut back on his medication though...

I did feel that the limited skinship scenes like he putting his head on her shoulder shots were too short...lol makes editing extremely difficult since there is nothing much left for fading out with.... XD

I hope :

Ep17 : DS Angst for Taekie

Ep18: Time Jump - After graduation from their schools and entering working life.... Reunion at TK appa and Sunwoo omma wedding? ( dun ask me why it will take the old folks 5 years to decide if they want to get hitched or not XD I am just making up a reason for everyone to gather together again ) 

Ep19 and 20 : Hubby reveal and ALOT of smoochy skinship to make up for all the lost time and suffering we had....  ahem... provided its our ship that sails into the sunset and not onto an iceberg... :wub:

@st4rdust

Given that the skinship has to between pbg and hyeri, not the future version.

8 hours ago, mellinadear said:

@sellachun6002 its true they cut some scenes but I believe the writer has a reason for doing so, either he/she wants us to imagine the next scenario or for the same of future dialogues where it can be brought up. So, don't fret :).

@st4rdust Tk room can be quiet sometimes lol. But I think some are busy OR sleeping(check the timezones). 

@mellinadear

Checking this thread is the first thing i do every morning XD

7 hours ago, heolaaa said:

Aigoo... aigoo.... look at our little Bogummy..... too cute :kiss_wink:

 

PHOTO CREDIT: http://pann.nate.com/talk/320957917?page=122  and https://twitter.com/412_329

@heolaaa

Pbg is chubby when he's small 

7 hours ago, hermess-san said:

Hahaha I went to that page sometimes. It really hurt sometimes reading there. Their confidence is too high when most of the future clues implies TK(with proof) in the drama. I dont know where they get proof for being lefthanded, smoking, coffee thing, alibi, noeul informality. If they said it might change later, its still uncertain mode. The future should be the biggest clue and if with proof it cant be any wrong or change later. *Immerse being sherlock looking dear future husband 

@hermess-san

I never dare go into that page after reading the comments of that page. Seems like they are too aggressive. 

5 hours ago, Betsi Soma said:

While waiting for the new eps to be out...I enjoyed reading your comments and analysis of what could be the end of Reply 88..Since the begining I was rooting for Park Bo gum I didn't want his character to be wasted....and also the fact that he's a famous public figure and that he doesn't have a mother is pretty similar to Chilbong who needed his mother's love...so I didn't want him to have a miserable pitiful love story.

I was team Chilbong in Reply 94 I felt so bad for him but the ending was expected it had a logical developpment and if Najung ended up with Chilbong it would be lacking .even if we loved Chilbong Trash was meant to be the husband !

Well as for reply 1988...like most of the viewers I like both male main leads Junghwan and Taek ....I knew since the begining that Sunwoo wasn't Junghwan's rival...something was off .

even though I wanted Taek to be the husband I had a feeling that Junghwan will win in the end ...the mainstream bickering couple ...he's more lead material judging by his personnality . but little by little the writer developped Taek's character and made us see more of his interactions with Doksun...after I read Packamul 3 (If Im not mistaken) I realised that Taek's character was always present since the begining (he camera angle thingy),he loved Doksun even before Junghwan . Im still confused about the colors theory...I rewatched the episodes 3 times already and I noticed that they always put green and yellow together so green is the husband's color again ...most of the time Taek is wearing green while Junghwan is seen with blue...even Taek's house door is green...the dolls are still confusing me ...but we shouldn't get our hopes up judging by the colors since it could be a bait.

Now judging by Doksun's attitude...whenever Taek does some suspicious acts with her or gets more physical (like when he leans on her ,touches her hand, followed her to the bathroom, covered her from getting hit with the ball...) she looks flustered or nervous ...it reminds me a lot of Eunji's look when Yoonjae asked her not to let him date her friend or when he saved her from the stalker....on the other hand when Junghwan does heart fluttering actions she just questions herself if he likes her...she's just happy at the idea of someone liking her...that's how immature and childish she is I don't blame her character for that it's totally normal she's still a teenager ...she even found dating Junghwan unconfortable when her friends suggested it (it's not a hint...it's just that she's not ready yet)

I liked how Dongryeong pointed out that what's important is who she really loves...and at that moment we saw Taek...actually she doesn't even realise it herself...Im looking forward to the next episode to see what she's going to do from now on...

Now as for the deveoppment at first I was fine with Junghwan being the husband...but now im not !! if she ends up in love with Junghwan I feel like it doesn't make sense anymore they should give us a "moral" in life and show us that "love" is not calculated ....it's not like we expect something in return from the other party...and that sometimes it is near but we don't notice it ....Taek's character is much more built up compared to junghwan so now it would be a shame to toss him off and make Junghwan the hubby just because his character is more lead like or because the public is into this kind of "tsundere" type of guys.

They should focus on the chemistry and the logical developpment between the main leads...and I feel like that was School 2015 biggest mistake I have nothing against Han Yi Aan or Nam joohyuk (he played his character well)but Taegwang had more chemistry with Eunbi and his character was built up better . That's why they better make Taek the husband .

Lastly , I would like to talk about the future version of the hubby ...I thought that he resembled Junghwan more they have a lot of things in common....so I was like if Taek ends up being the hubby it would be as if the future version was just misleading the viewers to confuse us .but after rewatching the eps  I came to realise that the husband also have a lot of things in common with Taek too : How he says that Doksun was pretty in the past , his selective memory , how he doesn't wear warm clothes or socks...as for pointing some  harsh remarks towards the older Doksun and teasing her...Taek in the past did that too several times when he said that Bora must have been doksun in her previous life , when he laughed at her calling herself Sooyeon...

Still there are things Im curious about and I'd like to know what do u think:

1- Who did Dokseon  give the chocolate to ?  How does he know ?

2- Junghwan left the camcoder next to Jinjo ....something must be there....They're definitely going to show it later when the husband is revealed ><

3- The fact that she chose Taek's gloves over Junghwan could mean that the husband is chosen "it's Taek" but it can also mean that she's too embarassed to wear Junghwan's gloves because she likes him...it's pretty confusing ><

3- ..When Bora read Doksun's diary and said "Eommaaaaa...Doksun likes someone"....who was it ? before liking Sunwoo did Doksun have feeling for someone else or is it just Sunwoo....and how did the actual husband find her diary ? what did discover ? 

4- It is said that the husband dated before getting together with Doksun >< 

5- Im still curious about Doksun's reaction when they thought that Taek was in the plane crash u_u maybe she never knew...

My favorite reply season is the first one because I could relate to a lot of stuff there but also because it delivered so much in less than 45 minutes which is impressive !

Reply 94 compared to reply 1988 is lacking ....for example I feel like Najeong cared about Chilbong but she was never confused about her feelings she wasn't that attached to him since they didn't grew up together like the characters in reply 1988 and reply 1997 and that's one of the reasons why Taek shouldn't be compared with Chilbong .

Still can't believe that I wrote such a long post lol

@Betsi Soma

Keep up the long post. XD

Ps: have a nice day everyone 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been rewatching AM1988 from JH's point of view. And boy, isn't DS the most frustrating thing that could happen to him! I can't even...   She wants everything on her terms, her way, including shoving her opinions down their (our) throats (especially in regards to Taek)… you need some serious growing up, Girl!

Although as a TS/DS shipper it should be a good sign, I am currently having the urge to shake DS (a la Dong-Ryong shaking Taek to reconsider his preference...) "Get a grip, Girl! You agonise over him not wearing the pink shirt when you won't wear his gift of gloves?!"

**speculation** If there's time jump to 1994, I don't expect a six year absence of interaction between them. It should be resolved long before. Maybe it's more like they are getting married in 1994 (or they are planning to) and the show presents it as another "guess the groom" game, and we're having time turners going back and forth on how they get there… 

I hope the show doesn't shift tonally into angsty melodrama though. I like the steady and balanced tone it presents so far.

 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...