Park Bo Gum ❤ Girl's Day Hyeri aka REPLY 1988 TAEK x DEOKSUN

hafunohane

@st4rdust.  Chingu can I reply your post on mt here?  I think Deok Sun indeed seemed  less disappointed but this is nothing to do with she likes JH>TK. Since she experienced various disappointment throughout 16 episodes I can tell she get used to it, and it's sad actually while we catch on something important we interpret it wrongly for obvious reasons. Let me explain 

Understanding Dek Sun 3 lol running joke ^^ Since we are talking about disappointment we should measure anticipation too

It's always same pattern actually so I'll try to sum up 

• Birthday fiasco, she'd warned her family beforehand but well she couldn't avert from harsh truth anyways so it was heart wrenching 
  • First love fiasco, her anticipation builded up for weeks and I believe it was really her first love so she'd announced in roundabout  way  but afterwards revelation along with disappointment she was in denial 
  • Manito game, I don't think she wanted gloves so badly that she phrased few times she would like to have gloves. It was morelike she wanted to regain some more self confidence which is why disappointment followed by acceptance that she doesn't even deserve to have matino lol
  • One shouldn't underestimate noble idiocy, this time she wanted confirmation for JH feelings her reaction to rejection of concect date was almost same as manito game misunderstanding but she insisted on several times  but after pink shirt her reaction was "Whatever!!" That was all from her.
  • Movie date, oh well we have something different here she tried to dodge Taek's invitation but she silently waited with low expectations and it was canceled after all. Well nothing goes well right? This is it. 
  • Edit Ep 17-18
  • Spoiler

Deok Sun questioning her importance in Taek's life this time. This in not question of ’Why nobody loves me?' From this point on her low self esteem  conflicts her new found feelings for Taek. After dream kiss it makes sense she decided to grow  individually  first of all. So she can confidently pursue her love of life. It's telling how she insists on she was the one dumped numerous bfs. No more she will question her self worth and be depressed about it. On Deok Sun's pov time jump was essential for that.

I'm glad she was not that disappointed , I'm sorry for Taek but neither I nor Deok Sun can't take this anymore ^^ 

• Like 14

13 minutes ago, onlysb1 said:

@st4rdust.  Chingu can I reply your post on mt here?  I think Deok Sun indeed seemed  less disappointed but this is nothing to do with she likes JH>TK. Since she experienced various disappointment throughout 16 episodes I can tell she get used to it, and it's sad actually while we catch on something important we interpret it wrongly for obvious reasons. Let me explain 

Understanding Dek Sun 3 lol running joke ^^ Since we are talking about disappointment we should measure anticipation too

It's always same pattern actually so I'll try to sum up 

• Birthday fiasco, she'd warned her family beforehand but well she couldn't avert from harsh truth anyways so it was heart wrenching 
  • First love fiasco, her anticipation builded up for weeks and I believe it was really her first love so she'd announced in roundabout  way  but afterwards revelation along with disappointment she was in denial 
  • Manito game, I don't think she wanted gloves so badly that she phrased few times she would like to have gloves. It was morelike she wanted to regain some more self confidence which is why disappointment followed by acceptance that she doesn't even deserve to have matino lol
  • One shouldn't underestimate noble idiocy, this time she wanted confirmation for JH feelings her reaction to rejection of concect date was almost same as manito game misunderstanding but she insisted on several times  but after pink shirt her reaction was "Whatever!!" That was all from her.
  • Movie date, oh well we have something different here she tried to dodge Taek's invitation but she silently waited with low expectations and it was canceled after all. Well nothing goes well right? This is it. 

I'm glad she was not that disappointed , I'm sorry for Taek but neither I nor Deok Sun can't take this anymore ^^ 

this really builds well into DS characterization as a middle child! There are times where she quietly does things with out expecting her family to notice and other times where she gets tired and has larger displays of disappointment.

I don't know if people forgot but she came to TK room and reminded him to call her ( along with bringing him a pre game treat which i see as an excuse for her to drop by) so idk if im just looking to into it or that just is a really obvious move that she was hoping for something here

Also DS reaction to the cancelled movie can be taken in a few ways 1) the director is trying to not have her show to0 much reaction because it will weaken the husband mystery before a 2 week hiatus  2) DS does not know that TK cancellation of the movie is also the end of him pursuing her romantically and therefore she does not know that from the phone call forward her relationship with TK is majorly changing ... like as she said herself "they can go another time"....but there is no "another time" 

I think if she knew that part her reaction would be far more sad than shown

• Like 17

@mellinadear ... Thanks for the extensive list! The Cumberbatch  version had superimposed very much what I remember and understand of the "canon" Sherlock Holmes so I am not confident enough to add anything to that list until  I do my homework... However in the light of recent picture way back  a number of pages, I should add that:

Spoiler

I am very much sherlocked as I am taeken...

8 hours ago, moonkeeper said:

anyway please feel free to share your thoughts,I'm not also sure  on the details..^^

Now onto that Sherlock Holmes book... *delusional-mode on...*

@moonkeeper, Like many who has been hunting for clues, I was looking for some sort of Taek-related stuff in the future scenes. Maybe something along the line of "The Biography of Choi Taek 6-dan", "National Treasures: Choi Taek 6-dan" or "Fifty Shades of Choi Taek 6-dan"....

And look what we find here instead!  A "Sherlock Holmes" book, which is even better because it could be interpreted as clue (who has got Sherlock's traits?) as well as acknowledgement and nod to those who would excessively dissect the future scenes (a cheeky "Hello Sherlock-wannabes!")...

• Like 12

:lol:@onlysb1 Of cos pls feel free to reply to anything!  Its a free forum afterall we all can have our own views on things...

Thank you for being so lovely and polite... I like to read different viewpoints too hence I sometimes go to the MT... but after that I will slink back to our pink blanket here in Taekie's room, becos its is still the best room in the forum hahahahahh I am sorry for the lag in replying you, but I was in dreamland.... Have a wonderful Sunday! 

• Like 6

can anyone please translate the bts where pbg cried? Why is he suddenly crying on that scene? 

ANd another bts where the cast are practicing their dialogues. Saw hyeri and rjy handing tissues to pbg. What happened there?

Sorry... just very very curious... 

9 hours ago, salz said:

serious question how does anyone able to dislike/hate a PARK BOGUM that boy a genuine sweetheart,softie at heart,wonderful personality,great smile,hugable and so on....

he like every family dream for a son in law,son,bf,friend,husband and so on..

i hope he will never change..even Sun Woo say he is the nicest costar he ever work with♥♥♡

haha poor boy need to smoke and curse here

i don't really follow Girl's day so never know Hyeri before the drama well i do heard about her dating Tony An but don't really care ...i turn to like her after this drama she seem to be happy go lucky cute girl...her omma Il Hwa seem to really adore her XD it nice see her and RHY get along so well of screen since they always bickering onscreen...i feel like they gave DS both sister and brother alive this time to redeem them killing SW sister and NJ brother previously so it nice to Sung family is complete this time

just finish watching the bts so happy they keep us busy with the making while waiting..i always love seeing the process from 1st awkward meeting in script reading to them getting closer while filming and acting like real family...it gonna be tearjerking fiesta when they film last ep soon...

haha sw&bora seem they dunno each other gonna act in this drama since they seem surprise seeing each other and end up as love interest which awkward at first since they close irl XD

Kim family already awesome family in the making even from 1st script reading lol the cheetah is hilarious XD

Jinjoo the cutest R88 mascot ♥

JB&DR really funny even in real life lol

RJY and Bogum bromance always the cutest♥

and of course uri Bogummy&Hyeri is so cute and very shippable..she keep talking about Taek even with RJY lol

edit: btw it funny how Kim appa and omma rooting for DS to be with DR and JB instead lol and the question mark on RJY&Bogum head make it funnier

Totally agree.. its really hard not to like pbg.  Somehow he is just like taek, gentle, kind, lovable, sweet and talented. Omg..He's perfect!

I have heard of girl's day when i watched running man. NeVer paid any attention on them though. But hyeri... i have never loved a lead actress this much. And she's a new actress too. 

@bunnyqueens17

The fanfic is so sad it hurts. With the bgm, im totally depressed. These people are impressive. 

SOrry i double posted. How do i remove this?

Edited by nasoken
DOuble posted. Sorry >.<
  • Like 6

Looking at positive reviews PBG received from the BTS created some crazy illusion in my head.  What if Shin PD purposely let viewers see what a kind person he is, so that later when he ended up as the hubby,  people can take it easily...  (well, knowing how ugly things turned out during R1994). 

Well..  it just my wishful thinking..  it could also be a consolation prize to us.. *go back to my corner and cry there*

• Like 5

2 hours ago, alayna said:

Looking at positive reviews PBG received from the BTS created some crazy illusion in my head.  What if Shin PD purposely let viewers see what a kind person he is, so that later when he ended up as the hubby,  people can take it easily...  (well, knowing how ugly things turned out during R1994). 

Well..  it just my wishful thinking..  it could also be a consolation prize to us.. *go back to my corner and cry there*

haha I think everyone shined in the BTS!!! With reply 1994, object/advertisement pieces/articles/everything but the actual story became really valued and held up in understanding the husband...I think this thread has done a great job at mostly looking at the characters individual growth and potential stories that can arise organically from the story the writer is trying to create. PBG has been praised by almost all of his coworkers from all the dramas/movies he has done( if i am not mistaken?) so, I really think all PD Shin did was just capture what was already there aka PBG being respectful and fully engaged with the story, Hyeri immersing herself in both her funny and sad scenes, RJY and his perfect timing with humor, jin joo and her cuteness ...the list goes on :)

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, mangachickava said:

haha I think everyone shined in the BTS!!! With reply 1994, object/advertisement pieces/articles/everything but the actual story became really valued and held up in understanding the husband...I think this thread has done a great job at mostly looking at the characters individual growth and potential stories that can arise organically from the story the writer is trying to create. PBG has been praised by almost all of his coworkers from all the dramas/movies he has done( if i am not mistaken?) so, I really think all PD Shin did was just capture what was already there aka PBG being respectful and fully engaged with the story, Hyeri immersing herself in both her funny and sad scenes, RYY and his perfect timing with humor, jin joo and her cuteness ...the list goes on :)

Yeah..  agreed that everybody shines there...  it's hard not to love them as one big happy family.. 

• Like 5

I've watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

I don't remember crying. 

Damn it, suntaek. 

Whoever made that edit should be jailed. Because it's criminally poignant.

I was in the supermarket, bored, and took out my cellphone. "Let's see what taektanic is up to." 

Bad idea. Almost lost my mojo in public. :crazy::tears:

• Like 12

so Trash was confirmed to have filmed a cameo http://isplus.live.joins.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=19348566&cloc= ( from the main thread credit: the girl who!)

the article speculated he filmed with SW since he hopes to be a doctor...but i find it interesting that they have a confirmed article fo trash filming a scene a day after it was rumored PBG filmed at a hospital....( i mean SW can be there too)

------

OK sooo i had another thought ( sigh i have been saying this often lately but blame the lack of new episodes)

So in the Three Prophecies ep people assumed that JB "luck" will be MO and SW's mom new "son" will be TK...i think that is true things to assume, but I say what if it can be taken a step further?? 

JB likes to collect many things, so I think his luck might not only be MO but also him winning/becoming/finding/inventing something big and funny.

and SW's mom might actually have a son, which was joked about in the ep. Now in the future scenes with Bora , I remember someone on this thread highlighted how the name mentioned, Jaewoo?? is an odd name for it to be SW and Bora kid...instead it can the half brother of SW and TK. 

now im struggling with DS fate, as I really do think she will get into university. The reason being that the scene with her mom was so important and vital to her growth so for her to not overcome her sense of disappointment  would ruin the strength of the scenes she had in ep 15.

• Like 14

Nothing to do....I remembered a nice post pointing out that DS maybe subconsciously stopping her friends from meeting Taek because she likes the idea that only she has exclusive access hahahahah

Let's look back to the times DS denied access of Taekie to her BFFS!!!  [ credit for subs to dear dramacool again ] 

• Like 18

Im pretty sure when ds write the diary, she have someone in her mind. Its not sw. Because when bora read the diary,this happen before her friends told her sw like her. 

So who is the guy? jh? Or taeki? Im clueless, i rewatch 5 times early ep. I still dont get it.

reply series always make secondlead appear mostly on ep 2, like taewong and chilbong. Now Taekiiii !!! If taeki wont have happy ending with ds. Because Taekii, have less possibility to be the husband, but if the writer change his mind, well, everything seems like possible.so if taeki got nothing, Next time on reply, i dont want to love someone who appear start on ep 2. Hahaha

meanwhile deoksun just have attraction to JH only, And treat taeki as close friend, at least i hope taeki confess his feeling soon, im clueless about how ds thinking about taeki? If ds still act like close friend, its good sign. But if ds awkward arround him, like Najung to chilbong. Yeah you know the answer how chilbong finally step back, and lose. 

And about the clue !less he got the clue,he will have high possibility to be the husband. Because on reply series, all clue meant to distract the real husband.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, st4rdust said:

Nothing to do....I remembered a nice post pointing out that DS maybe subconsciously stopping her friends from meeting Taek because she likes the idea that only she has exclusive access hahahahah

Let's look back to the times DS denied access of Taekie to her BFFS!!!  [ credit for subs to dear dramacool again ] 

DS had no problem when No Eul asked for 10 autographs for his teachers but being so stingy when MO asked for just 'one' autograph for her dad..lol

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, alayna said:

DS had no problem when No Eul asked for 10 autographs for his teachers but being so stingy when MO asked for just 'one' autograph for her dad..lol

LOL joey wang's face in the last one was so on point ...she seemed very suspicious of DS...I think i made the same face watching the scene hehe

• Like 8

@sartikam Sunwoo is defintely her first crush.... that is why she was crying so hard when she realised that all the signs she thought she was getting from him was actually for her sister.

When Bora read her diary, she mentioned she gave chocolate to the boy, and at the end of Ep2, with JH's dad's unintentional secret cam, it was already revealed who she gave chocolate to and that is Sunwoo. She already liked him that summer of 1988 but her friends convinced her that it was not just her own imagination. If we actually count how long her crush has gone on for, the time where she liked SW could be even longer than JH... Summer to year end first snow...

I hope this helps your confusion regarding the earlier eps... =)

As for the REPLY 'pattern'... If the drama was so cookie-cutter, I don't think so many people will be in love with it if it is only so predictable...  She didn't even shed a single bitter tear over JH not liking her afterall, and was only sad when she asked DR why doesn't anyone like her? 

In Ep 15 17:00 when the other player lost to Taekie, they had a meaningful conversation :

The guy who lost asked Taek about how the final play was going to be and Taek told him black ( which is what he was playing that game) had the advantage.... then the guy said " I thought I had the advantage ".... This is also how the way the player that Taek is based on plays... HINT HINT?? hahahahaha 

• Like 17

5 hours ago, nasoken said:

can anyone please translate the bts where pbg cried? Why is he suddenly crying on that scene? 

ANd another bts where the cast are practicing their dialogues. Saw hyeri and rjy handing tissues to pbg. What happened there?

Sorry... just very very curious... 

Got this from the MT. This should help. 

Spoiler

Woohoo! Finished watching today's BTS. Some highlights:

1. Ryu Hye Young... caught in a lie! She had said that she was not aware of a loveline for her, and was secretly hoping for one with her and JB. In the BTS, you see the director explaining to Go Kyung Pyo his love for a girl three years older, blah, blah. And he keeps emphasizing how "real chemistry" is important. Then walks in RHY. Go Kyung Pyo looks shocked and flustered, realizing he has to have a loveline with his college friend.

They knew from the beginning that there will be a loveline between the two, just as we had guessed. They were just keeping mum about it to the media so that it won't be a spoiler. (Just as Trash and NJ knew in AM1994 because they had a secret meeting with the director at the start of the series. I never believe this production when they say they don't have a husband decided yet. PUH~~LEASE!!! I wish they would stop lying through their teeth!)

2. RJY gets jealous when Ra Miran takes care of Taek more than him. At one point, she suggests to RJY to take off his coat and give it to PBG because he's cold. RJY replies, "I'm cold too!" And then he adds, "I'm your son, not Taek!" LOL

3. Ra Miran ships DS with DR. Kim Sung Kyun ships DS with JB. Ra Miran suspects, "I think DS will be left to herself, and JH and Taek will get together in the end." (I'm down with this ship!)

4. The actor Park Bo Gum cries so much, even in scenes where he is not supposed to cry. So when he didn't cry during rehearsal, everyone looks surprised asking him, "Wow, you didn't cry today." And then Park Bo Gum replies, "I tried so hard to hold it in." Awww~~

All in all, totally satisfied with the BTS. Also happy that there were so many scenes where my love, Shin PD, was in the frame! Where he was demonstrating to DS how to do the rope-pulling dance? PRICELESS

Cr: Blue_angel_1004

• Like 9